Off Topic Suggestion Thread

Oh, this is where this thread was hiding. I kept looking in GD expecting to see something about it. This was the last place I expected it to be.

So why has OT been locked for a week? I don't understand why they can't just make any changes while leaving it open, like they've done every single time in the past. Did anything happen in particular that made them shut it down and hide everything?

I just want to post about Hearthstone ;_; please gib OT back

Oh, this is where this thread was hiding. I kept looking in GD expecting to see something about it. This was the last place I expected it to be.

So why has OT been locked for a week? I don't understand why they can't just make any changes while leaving it open, like they've done every single time in the past. Did anything happen in particular that made them shut it down and hide everything?

I just want to post about Hearthstone ;_; please gib OT back

Searching for logic in the decision to close OT probably won't get you very far. It's starting to feel more like an attempt at punishment than an actual genuine effort to change/improve things

Searching for logic in the decision to close OT probably won't get you very far. It's starting to feel more like an attempt at punishment than an actual genuine effort to change/improve things

If they wanted to punish theyd make me mod of the section and give ot back, they would be punishing us both at the same time 

I believe in very strict moderation and there is no leeway

I can't for the life of me see the relevance of this post

you said they were punishing ot, that is in fact  not true, if they wanted to there were much better options.  Surely it doesn't make ot users happy but its not being done as a punishment or out of spite.

When I first saw this thread I thought there was a finally a chance to actually communicate with the staff for once. But some people from both sides are hating for no reason. And it's sad. There should be no reason that mods immediately ignore/hate any post just because "Oh its OT, they are stupid shitposters". And there is no reason some OT members shouldn't listen to mods just because "Oh they are vampire mods, whatever they are saying is shit." That is not the makings of a conversation. It's extremely childish. Thats my input. I'm just gunna lurk until OT is back up, because obviously this is isn't a suggestion forum. Its devolved into repetition and unnecessary hate from both sides.

Edited by HerpDerpBox

We will make sure plans are communicated to posters. 

has this happened at all yet? all i've seen from staff in here so far are shit posts from munya, darkshade picking out a couple points to shit on, and noad trying to keep some kind of peace.

this thread isn't supposed to be some argument. it is to be suggestions. I haven't seen a single staff post something like "okay good idea we'll work with that" 

stop focusing on the negative points, we need to see some kind of progress, don't just post strictly to shoot things down. what progress are we making so far? is their any kind of idea in the head of whoever it may be that is going to be making the changes to off-topic? I don't think there's anything more than can be said here that hasn't already been said. you can only have so many ideas on a way somewhere is moderated. the community have give there ideas, now staff needs to tell us what they've taken from them so far, in a way that isn't simply "see this is what we don't want" like yeah we get it fuck off, now tell us what WILL work in your eyes. 

Not all of my posts were "shitposts" and the one that is being called such mainly, was more a give them some time, they haven't forgotten you.  Its only been a week and they even gave you temporary places to post until it is back in what was arguably offtopics most popular topic laidback zone sort of way.

Not all of my posts were "shitposts" and the one that is being called such mainly, was more a give them some time, they haven't forgotten you.  Its only been a week and they even gave you temporary places to post until it is back in what was arguably offtopics most popular topic laidback zone sort of way.

Trying to say 1 single thread is good enough to contain the entirety of a subforum? 

I'll chalk this one up as a shitpost too.

It MIGHT have been okay if it were like a few hours. A few hours of a whole subforum in one thread seems okay. But 6+ days? This is just getting stupid. 

Edited by Rigamorty

>only been a week

For what purpose, though? I haven't really heard a staff member address this question head on yet. What is being accomplished without OT that couldn't be accomplished with OT?

For what purpose, though? I haven't really heard a staff member address this question head on yet. What is being accomplished without OT that couldn't be accomplished with OT?

• Clearer rules (As the feedback in this thread suggests that they were difficult to understand).
  • Removal of threads that don't adhere to these rules
  • Creation of new general threads to remove bickering over who is OP of a thread and to prevent the thread from 'expiring' once that user leaves.

• Clearer rules (As the feedback in this thread suggests that they were difficult to understand).
  • Creation of new general threads to remove bickering over who is OP of a thread and to prevent the thread from 'expiring' once that user leaves.

Okay, I can see nothing has been gathered from the entirety of this thread. Time to move along I guess.

While I'm glad you're finally revealing what's going on behind the scenes, my question wasn't "what is being changed." My question was "what is being changed that requires OT to be closed down for a week?"

Change the off topic rule thread and you got 75% of this covered