Off Topic Suggestion Thread

I have another suggestion!

d8e.png

Why not communicate to us (I know this could be difficult, keep up kiddos) exactly which of these suggestions you guys are thinking about implementing (Also what do you even need to close a sub-forum to change because if it's just the rules you probably could've just edited the post right?) Or tell us about the thought processes you guys are having, hey, even just tell me if OT is coming back at all!

Even if you lie to me, because we know you guys appreciate a good ol' lie to, shoutout to shiny rates, just talk to us. We're not that scary, we won't hurt your feefees. :^)

It's as simple as "Hey we discussed X or Y and we think X is a good idea! What do you guys think?" Then maybe we won't think all staff are douchecanoes

We will make sure plans are communicated to posters. 

I wish you guys would make some form of communication that did not include hiding all our posts asking when OT is open. This is just another example of how you guys are poor at communicating - instead of saying "Sorry, it may take a week or two," you try to avoid the question and pretend it never really existed.

A have a very strong feeling several of the newer / odd members of OT have either ruined our chances of getting it back or have severely hindered the process.

I hope not. I know people are frustrated but there is no reason to handle it by being childish. 

Why not just remove it? You can literally use any other forums to talk about off topic stuff. pretty useless imo to keep around people who don't play the game and just use forums to talk about random topics. We need a good community purge

Then delete the round table. Half of team thread posts are from people who quit & are nothing about the game.

How would Off Topic posters feel about not having a set moderator for the section? Instead it would just be looked at by Global Mods+ to make sure all is okay (a bit like how General is modded except more off topic-ish). 

Another thing I wanted to ask - if we were to clean up the section a little bit what would be the threads that are important to stay (Laidback, Anime, Swoll ect).

Personally I feel like there should be a good mix between jokey stuff but also some "serious" discussions. An example of this would be the Cyber Bullying thread and the Fat Acceptance. Both were interesting topics that and I feel a lot of posters had great points they wanted to contribute. In the end though I noticed that people tried to derail them both, in my opinion this shouldn't be allowed. Maybe there could be a way to distinguish between the more serious threads and the normal OT threads where posts are more free ect. 

How would Off Topic posters feel about not having a set moderator for the section? Instead it would just be looked at by Global Mods+ to make sure all is okay (a bit like how General is modded except more off topic-ish). 

Not too into the idea, but that's probably because I talked to Squirtle and he said I'd become the new OT mod after it reopened.

[spoiler]idk if i was allowed to even say that but o well i'm not good at keeping secrets[/spoiler]

Another thing I wanted to ask - if we were to clean up the section a little bit what would be the threads that are important to stay (Laidback, Anime, Swoll ect).

Probably any thread that has at least 10-20+ pages. Stuff that was being posted in actively. make sure to purge all of king's threads. and, of course, the ultimate debate because that's my only off topic thread and all hail deejaye's amazing threads.

Personally I feel like there should be a good mix between jokey stuff but also some "serious" discussions. An example of this would be the Cyber Bullying thread and the Fat Acceptance. Both were interesting topics that and I feel a lot of posters had great points they wanted to contribute. In the end though I noticed that people tried to derail them both, in my opinion this shouldn't be allowed. Maybe there could be a way to distinguish between the more serious threads and the normal OT threads where posts are more free ect. 

Generally towards the end of discussion, when everyone's said their shit, this happens. Honestly, if you just let it run its course and hide the worst posts if it really calls for it and let the thread die. Serious debate threads generally don't last long because when you look at it, all that can be said about the topic has already been said.

Generally towards the end of discussion, when everyone's said their shit, this happens. Honestly, if you just let it run its course and hide the worst posts if it really calls for it and let the thread die. Serious debate threads generally don't last long because when you look at it, all that can be said about the topic has already been said.

That is something I've noticed as well. Maybe something that can go hand in hand with some more lax moderation is that the OP of serious debate threads can request their thread be locked once they feel everything that can be said about the topic has been said. This shares the responsibility between everyone because I'm not too into having set time lengths on threads at all.

Make sure to keep the music thread. I want OT so bad that I could listen to Misfire's music and not cry

That is something I've noticed as well. Maybe something that can go hand in hand with some more lax moderation is that the OP of serious debate threads can request their thread be locked once they feel everything that can be said about the topic has been said. This shares the responsibility between everyone because I'm not too into having set time lengths on threads at all.

An OP of  a thread could request a lock regardless - OP's have  always been able to request their threads locked, so Xela, your point seems kinda redundant ):

Also, you guys need to get out of the mentality of locking threads/disabling future discussion. : p Like i said before, just let the thread die, which happens plenty of times. this allows future people to rebring up discussion without having to create a new thread.

An OP of  a thread could request a lock regardless - OP's have  always been able to request their threads locked, so Xela, your point seems kinda redundant ):

Also, you guys need to get out of the mentality of locking threads/disabling future discussion. : p Like i said before, just let the thread die, which happens plenty of times. this allows future people to rebring up discussion without having to create a new thread.

I completely support that idea. When you look at the big picture, we only need like 4 or 5 OT threads.

[spoiler]

-Music

-Anime/Manga

-Images/Video

-Games

-Showdown[/spoiler]

Good point deejaye.

Edited by KingofChess