[Denied]Shiny hunting mode

A simple in game switch of some kind (could be a money sink) that turns the shiny rate to 1/8192 but causes all shiny Pokemon caught to be caught with a gift ribbon

Pros:
Let's shiny hunters hunt and doesn't exclude them from the game
More endgame content for autistic kids and Chinese farmers
Shinies can still be found without the rate, just a lot slower but without the ribbon
Nobody sells their OTs anyways
Doesn't cause torrential forum butthurt
Doesn't flood the market with shinies caught at a rate obviously seen as too high for an Mmo

Cons:
Another thing devs need to implement
Is there any?

Pointless imo. The shinies wouldn't even be worth anything or valued.
[spoiler]Eevee is a fox[/spoiler]

That's literally the point

The shinies have no monetary value (to me ingame or RMT traders irl) it just lets us shiny hunt without fudging up the market.

It's the same deal with gift shinies from tournaments, they are largely just trophies... This is like that

Cons:
Another thing devs need to implement
Is there any?

The shinies have no monetary value (to me ingame or RMT traders irl) it just lets us shiny hunt without fudging up the market.

The market is driven by desire and rarity (otherwise known as demand and supply), if you create a game mode that allows people to focus on the particular thing they desire and reliably get it then you remove that desire and less people are likely to trade for the shinies they want.

Additionally, due to an influx of visible (on the overworld) shinies, it may bring down the overall desire of a species as it is visibly more common than before.

I am not saying I dislike the concept of being able to obtain something you'd like with effort, but there are cons, and it does have an impact.

Whether or not this is a good method of achieving that is arguable.

the particular thing they desire and reliably get it

lol. I fail to see the reliability of 1/8192. Sure, you are more likely to find a shiny, and if you encounter 20k pokemon you are nearly ensured one somewhere in there, but it doesn't change the fact that it will still most likely be a common shiny. It's not like all of a sudden shiny beldums are going to be popping up everywhere because people are hunting for them. Certainly not reliable.

lol. I fail to see the reliability of 1/8192. Sure, you are more likely to find a shiny, and if you encounter 20k pokemon you are nearly ensured one somewhere in there, but it doesn't change the fact that it will still most likely be a common shiny. It's not like all of a sudden shiny beldums are going to be popping up everywhere because people are hunting for them. Certainly not reliable.

If the intended effect is to be 'more common than before' then it is.

It could be a lot more reliable, but it's definitely not less.

Additionally with the above in mind, you would see more shinies of anything cropping up, it still has an effect on the overall market.

If the intended effect is to be 'more common than before' then it is.

It could be a lot more reliable, but it's definitely not less.

Additionally with the above in mind, you would see more shinies of anything cropping up, it still has an effect on the overall market.

Yeah, it's more reliable. But that doesn't make it reliable. Which your previous post suggested. I would also like to argue that the effect on the overall market would be minimal.

I would prefer an effort based way of getting shines, gift or not, than a RNG based one ( or ripping off/scamming noobs )

I think that takes away from what shiny pokemon inherently are. I prefer them to be RNG based.

I think that takes away from what shiny pokemon inherently are. I prefer them to be RNG based.

Cause in later games you can't actually get them with effort and actually shiny hunting for them.....

Imo, in an MMO people should be rewarded for activelly playing the game and spending time doing so. Right now this doesn't happen in the game. Is actually really unrewarding, with the small exception of Officials Tourneys. 

I would also like to argue that the effect on the overall market would be minimal.

disagreed, a lot of shinies hold their value cause of rarity. it doesnt depend on if they are tradeable or not, if u see somebody running around in Vermillion with for example a shiny Metagross your desire to own one will sink, cause u arent the only one now who has this exlusive super rare shiny.  if something has to be changed im more with londar to make it a effort based system rather than RNG, but the way its suggested atm is just another way to screw the economy, the way it is atm i actually think its decent, there is a decent balance between demand and supply. u always find some shinies on tradechat, but they arent flooding the market so its kinda worth it to buy them to have something exclusive that holds value.

Edited by Quakkz

Also, don't think i agree with the shiny hunt mode with the 1/8k chance...i don't think that's effort based as well....

If you want some kind of idea...

Like a mission system, every day you get to complete a certain number of mission that will give you 50-100 "Poke Points"....There could also be special occasion with Double "Poke Points" like in the Week Ends or some shit like that.

There could be a special market where you can buy stuff with said points ( Ohh, did anyone said Storyline TMs, PP Max and shit like that? ) 

In that market there could be also a Shiny Key, that will be worth a lot of "Poke Points"

When you have like 10 of them you can open a Map, the Maps can be Underwater, Desert, Vulcano etc, and every of them has only a type of poke ( underwater has Water Types obv )

There, you'll find 1 Shiny Pokemon, not your choice, but what happens happens. Rare shinies will have a really low rate, while commons will still be commons, so no problem flooding the market with 10x Shiny Beldum per day...

Also, if you add Shiny Breeding, you gat a decent way of disposing of the shit shinies you'll find in the "shiny Doungeon"

Just an idea....

Looks pretty amateur, seems pretty pointless to implement

Why would people want to do this?

Is this an indirect complaint about this shiny rate stuff?

as far as im concerned mister 4 ot uguu over here^ cant say anything.

i like it tho, i just want a sparkly thing with my ot :c

Cause in later games you can't actually get them with effort and actually shiny hunting for them.....

In my X&Y Version (even in my Pearl Version) I had separate boxes for Shinies. One for those I found normally. A couple boxes for those I pokeradar'd for. A couple boxes for those I chain fished for. A few for those I traded for. And another for those I masuda methoded for. The ones that I have from normal encounters and masuda method hold far more value to me than those that I used the pokeradar for etc.

disagreed, a lot of shinies hold their value cause of rarity. it doesnt depend on if they are tradeable or not, if u see somebody running around in Vermillion with for example a shiny Metagross your desire to own one will sink, cause u arent the only one now who has this exlusive super rare shiny.  if something has to be changed im more with londar to make it a effort based system rather than RNG, but the way its suggested atm is just another way to screw the economy, the way it is atm i actually think its decent, there is a decent balance between demand and supply. u always find some shinies on tradechat, but they arent flooding the market so its kinda worth it to buy them to have something exclusive that holds value.

... I don't get what your opinion is... You disagree with me because you don't want shinies to lose their value drastically. Yet, you agree with Iondar, where you will be able to actually get shinies completely reliably... More shiny beldums would come out of Iondar's system than Doc's idea.

Also, don't think i agree with the shiny hunt mode with the 1/8k chance...i don't think that's effort based as well....

If you want some kind of idea...

Like a mission system, every day you get to complete a certain number of mission that will give you 50-100 "Poke Points"....There could also be special occasion with Double "Poke Points" like in the Week Ends or some shit like that.

There could be a special market where you can buy stuff with said points ( Ohh, did anyone said Storyline TMs, PP Max and shit like that? ) 

In that market there could be also a Shiny Key, that will be worth a lot of "Poke Points"

When you have like 10 of them you can open a Map, the Maps can be Underwater, Desert, Vulcano etc, and every of them has only a type of poke ( underwater has Water Types obv )

There, you'll find 1 Shiny Pokemon, not your choice, but what happens happens. Rare shinies will have a really low rate, while commons will still be commons, so no problem flooding the market with 10x Shiny Beldum per day...

Also, if you add Shiny Breeding, you gat a decent way of disposing of the shit shinies you'll find in the "shiny Doungeon"

Just an idea....

Pretty sure the devs don't like "daily tasks"; as they promote logging in just to do that and not actually playing the game.

Pretty sure the devs don't like "daily tasks"; as they promote logging in just to do that and not actually playing the game.

It's already been discussed and there's a good chance of it happening after other stuff is done. It'll be basic to start with, such as "defeat/capture X AMOUNT of TYPE pokemon". So for example "Catch 10 wild grass type pokemon" or "Defeat 10 fire type pokemon in trainer battles" or "Win 10 PvP battles with a water type pokemon". Beyond that, it hasn't been fleshed out more. My thought was always offer players something similar to how GW2 does daily quests. Offer players about 10 possible quests to do each day, once they've completed 5 of them, they get a reward. After completing x amount of daily quests over any span of time (like 100), offer a large reward. Leaderboards will show who has done the most daily quests overall. This adds a competitive aspect to it and encourages people to do them above just getting in game rewards.

At a certain time each day, daily quests reset and give you a new set of 10 quests to complete.

Again, this is just ideas that have been thrown around, nothing is ready yet but no one disagrees that it would be a good addition to the game.

It's already been discussed and there's a good chance of it happening after other stuff is done. It'll be basic to start with, such as "defeat/capture X AMOUNT of TYPE pokemon". So for example "Catch 10 wild grass type pokemon" or "Defeat 10 fire type pokemon in trainer battles" or "Win 10 PvP battles with a water type pokemon". Beyond that, it hasn't been fleshed out more. My thought was always offer players something similar to how GW2 does daily quests. Offer players about 10 possible quests to do each day, once they've completed 5 of them, they get a reward. After completing x amount of daily quests over any span of time (like 100), offer a large reward. Leaderboards will show who has done the most daily quests overall. This adds a competitive aspect to it and encourages people to do them above just getting in game rewards.

At a certain time each day, daily quests reset and give you a new set of 10 quests to complete.

Again, this is just ideas that have been thrown around, nothing is ready yet but no one disagrees that it would be a good addition to the game.

herp a derp.

Well, then. I still don't agree with daily tasks. But doesn't look like my opinion will matter.

Could've sworn a dev somewhere said the opposite...

herp a derp.

Well, then. I still don't agree with daily tasks. But doesn't look like my opinion will matter.

Could've sworn a dev somewhere said the opposite...

You are mixing up Daily Rewards and Daily Task

Dailies on the other hand are a nice idea and likely something that we will implement in the future.

Dailies generally do not reward players with incredibly large amounts of money, they usually reward a set amount of exp that is slightly better than the usual time:exp ratio.

This is also done with money also, but again, never to the extent that tournaments give out money for.

The reason exp is generally more favourable is because it is account bound, and therefore it does not matter how many alternate accounts are created.

It makes little to no difference economically if somebody levels up faster than usual. - Me

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54506-official-tournament-prizes/?p=1081323

I don't wish for this thread to go off topic so please continue the discussion.

gift shinies..? Nah

And this helps prove that not everyone would use this mode if implemented. A big point which I think a lot of you guys are ignoring. Some people shiny hunt for the profit. Others would do it cause they just want an OT.

edit:

Also, I wonder if people would use the mode past 1 obtained shiny. I feel like once a user got that first OT shiny, it would have still taken them a while (lots of boring grind), and they might not be inclined to do it again. Some probably would, but I feel like most wouldn't constantly use it past 1 OT. Edited by Gilan