PokeMMO - Create a Pokemon Contest 2015 // 29th June - 26th July

The concept of the Pokémon:
Name of the concept: Physical Wall
General Description: Designed to soak up physical hits while also harassing opponents with its decent special attack stat.
Justification: Provides coverage for many strong physical attackers in the Gen 4 UU metagame. 

Typing: Rock/Psychic

Threats: Blaziken, Arcanine, Steelix

Primary and Secondary Ability. Filter, Sturdy. Used to increase survivability.

Stats. HP: 90  Attack: 50  Defense: 110  Special Attack:  95  Special Defense: 100  Speed: 35

Counters: Kabutops, Torterra, Azumarill

Name: Pyrapin (Pyramid + Terrapin)

Movepool and level up moves list.
1: Tackle
1: Defense Curl
9: Rock Throw
12: Confusion
15: Confuse Ray
19: Ancient Power
22: Rapid Spin
26: Power Gem
28: Protect
32: Earth Power
35: Reflect
35: Light Screen
39: Future Sight
42: Glare
45: Psychic
49: Focus Blast
This learnset will allow Pyrapin to capitalize on its strengths.

nPcKJXF.png  

Pyrapin: The AZTEC Pokemon.

A Pokemon dating back to a time long gone. Its eyes glow with a sacred energy with the ability to judge human values and inner integrity.

Knowledge, truth, value, rightness and beauty: This Pokemon is said to judge these qualities of humanity and see to it that balance is kept.

Isolated from humanity for centuries, this Pokemon oversees the balance of humans and the cosmos with its incomprehensible psychic powers.  

yes i made the sprite in like two hours on paint.net dont judge

Drake, the Dragon Pokemon.

[spoiler]

Name of the concept: Support SP Wall for the current PokeMMO OU Metagame
General DescriptionWith great typing and the additional synergy with the abilities, this Pokemon can take hits from almost all Sp Atks. It also has some great support moves in the moveset.
Justification
I believe this would ideal in the current metagame because it has fantastic resistances to the most common Sp Atks, it has great moveset and I definitely think it fits right in. It's got holes which people can abuse making it not overpowered.

Typing: Dragon. I wanted this typing because it's got fantastic resistances to Sp Atks. It has holes, but with Thick Fat coupled with the typing this Pokemon can definitely take a hit.

Threats: This Pokemon isn't exactly a threat to anything, but it will stop special attackers.

Primary and Secondary Ability.

Thick Fat - I used this ability because ice is fairly common and would be a huge problem, especially since it's already weak to dragon. With this ability I believe it makes this Pokemon a top tier Sp wall.
Shed Skin - I feel this is a great secondary ability because if you don't care about your team taking status effects you can run this instead. You can also run this if you feel ice isn't too important against your opponent. I would run this ability if your team doesn't require assistance to remove status or if you have guts Pokemon.

Stats.

HP:95

Attack:75

Defense:70

Sp Attack:70

Sp Defence: 120

Speed:70

---------------------

Overall: 500

---------------------

I wanted to give enough Health and Sp Defence to make it bulky, but I wanted to make sure I don't go over the top as it has excellent resistances. Attack and Sp attack I wanted both roughly the same so you can use mixed damage effectively. Defence was important, I wanted it fairly low to make it a weakness but it's still got enough to take a hit. Speed I went with 70 because it is a dragon and they're known to be fast, I didn't want to make to too fast since that's not the purpose of this Pokemon but it has enough to out speed a good chunk of the meta.

Counters: Dragon attacks, especially Dragon Breath would be the biggest counter from a Sp Atker. This Pokemon will not take hits from Physical attackers.

Name: Drake - I liked this name because its relevant to its typing and I like the name :>

Moveset
level up
0:Wrap
0:Leer
0:Tackle
5:Thunder Wave
8:Twister
15:Dragon Rage
23:Thunderbolt
25:Slam
27:Wish
36:Dragon Dance
40:Outrage
45:Agility
53:Dragon Breath
67:Hyper Beam

TM
TM03 Surf
TM05 Waterfall
TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM13 Ice Beam
TM11:Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
Tm24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
Tm27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM35 Flamethrower
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attact
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute

Breeding
Dragon Breath - Altaria, bagon, Shelgon, Salamence
Dragon Dance - Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Gyarados, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Swablu, Altaria
Extreme Speed - Dratini, Dragonite
Haze - Ekans, Arbok, Wooper, Quagsire, Sirskit, Seviper
Supersonic - Mantine, Wingull, Pelipper
Mist - Lapras, Wooper, Quagsire, Lotad, Wingull, Pelipper, Sirskit, Swablu, Altaria

Tutoring
Defence curl
Snore
Heal Bell
Outrage
Shock Wave
Substitute
Iron tail

Battle Tower
Hydro Pump 25000 BP
I gave Drake a wide selection of moves it can use effectively to make it useful as a support. With Wish & Protect it can sustain its health pool while supporting team members who need health. Heal bell is a great move to help the team and stops itself from getting stalled by toxic if it doesn't run Shed Skin. Drake has some moves it can use offensively to stop some things switching in without any worries such as Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Thunder Wave, Flamethrower. Haze could be useful if your team struggles with Pokemon that setup. Toxic and Thunder Wave are great statuses for support Pokemon. This support is also unique because it gets access to Extreme speed which could prove very useful if used right.

[/spoiler]

1. Art / Sprite of the Pokemon

Once Again, K9 bringing out the MLG paint skills.

iH93cm9.png

1. PokeDex:

- Name: Drake
- Type: Dragon
- Abilities: Thick Fat / Shed Skin
- Gender Ratio: 50% Male / 50% Female
- Egg Group: Dragon
- Height: 1.5m

- Weight: 40 kg

- EV Yield: +2 Special Defense

-Species: Drake, the Dragon Pokemon. 
Entries:

1. "Its scales overlap multiple times making the skin on Drake incredibly difficult to get through."

2. "Although Drake looks scary it's actually very friendly and likes to help others. If it feels threatened it can attack without warning."

3. "Drake is a very rare Pokemon and only a few people have actually seen one. It is said that Lance, the dragon trainer found one but failed to capture it."

Notable Movesets

[spoiler]

Thick Fat

Wish & Protect with a choice of Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Heal bell, Haze, Ice beam

This would be a solid support moveset with very little weaknesses.

Shed Skin

Rest or Wish with Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Heal bell, Haze, Ice beam, Protect

This set would be great if you feel you don't need to worry about your opponent having ice moves. Rest is fantastic here because Shed Skin has a 30% chance to remove all statuses each turn although you could still go with the Wish/Protect combo if you feel it's needed.

[/spoiler]

Edited by KaynineXL

The concept of the Pokémon: [spoiler]

Name of the concept: Gengar counter and a viable Normal type end game sweeper

General Description: A normal/ghost type designed to be a fast, yet difficult to remove sweeper without the proper support. Completely walled by Pokemon like Metagross, Tyranitar, Miltank, and Rhydon but shuts down other Pokemon like Gengar, Starmie, Espeon, Tauros, Jolteon, Gardevoir, Gyarados, and Porygon2

Justification: My idea in mind with this Pokemon was to balance out some of the top tier threats that are currently residing (or should be) in ubers, whilst making lesser used pokemon like Miltank and Rhydon worthy of a team slot
[/spoiler]

Threats: [spoiler] Gengar was the primary target when I was making this pokemon, it is currently the most dominant threat on our meta and has arguably always been one of the top 5 pokemon throughout the years in PokeMMO. It really has no sure-fire counters because it has a way of punishing everything that goes up against it, the goal of this Pokemon was to finally have something that Gengar never bothers to mess around with.
[/spoiler]

Primary and Secondary Ability. [spoiler]

Ability 1: Guts - Guts is the first ability of choice because it neutralizes any burns or sludge bomb poisons Gengar may throw at it, whilst providing a way of punishing opponents carelessly spamming status moves

Ability 2: Trace - Trace is the second choice, Trace allows my Pokemon to hijack the opponents ability and use it against them. Allowing this pokemon to revenge trap Dugtrio, Wobbuffett and Magneton, to counter and stop Jolteon, Gyarados and gain status removal from the likes of Starmie and Blissey
[/spoiler]

Stats. [spoiler]

Base Stats:

HP: 90

Attack: 120

Defense: 70

Spatk: 50

Spdefense: 95

Speed: 125

Total: 550

I wanted this pokemon to be a bit of a bulky, fast physical sweeper and the base stats reflect that, 125 base speed allows it to be one of the fastest pokemon in the meta outspeeding the likes of Dugtrio, Starmie, Alakazam and more offensively natured Jolteons and Aerodactyls. The attack stat is reasonably high to make the most use of a guts boosted return or shadow punch with the majority of the remaining base stats given to the special defense and hp.

[/spoiler]

Counters: [spoiler] Metagross, Miltank and Rhydon are really the hard counters to this pokemon. Metagross is in a great position already in our game so it doesn't need more cannon fodder, a choice banded Pursuit trap is a quick way to end this pokemons fun whilst being capable of tanking stab shadow punches all day. Miltank laughs at anything thrown at it and sets up fairly easily with curse boosts whilst Rhydon shrugs off any physical hits and either sets up a swords dance or hits it with a stab earthquake. Tyranitar is also a great means to an end for this Pokemon with stab crunch coming off the highest base attack in the game being more than enough for an OHKO.
[/spoiler]

Name: Mythaur. The name is a fusion of mythology and Centaur. The name was derived because of the Pokemons heavy inspiration from the Centaurs depicted in Greek mythology.

[spoiler]

Level up

0 - Tackle

0 - Growl

7 - Astonish

11 - Stomp

14 - Spite

18 - Confuse Ray

24 - Shadow Punch

27 - Rest

29 - Thrash

32 - Agility

37 - Hypnosis

44 - Body Slam

51 - Nightmare

57 - Grudge

68 - Destiny Bond

TM

TM 06 - Toxic

TM 10 - Hidden Power

TM 12 - Taunt

TM 15 - Hyper Beam

TM 17 - Protect

TM 21 - Frustration

TM 23 - Iron Tail

TM 27 - Return

TM 30 - Shadow Ball

TM 32 - Double Team

TM 40 - Aerial Ace

TM 41 - Torment

TM 42 - Facade

TM 43 - Secret Power

TM 46 - Thief

TM 49 - Snatch

Breeding:

Pain Split - Misdreavus, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar Duskull, Dusclops, Koffing, Weezing

Smog - Koffing, Weezing, Slugma, Macargo

Disable - Grimer, Muk, Duskull, Dusclops

Tutor:

Fire Punch

Ice Punch

ThunderPunch

Psych Up

Knock Off

Bounce

Hyper Voice

Mega Kick

Mega Punch

Counter

Substitute

Dream Eater

Double Edge

Sleep Talk

[/spoiler]

Art / Sprite of the Pokemon

[spoiler]

VtgKjvK.png
[/spoiler]

PokeDex Entries:

[spoiler]

1: It is said this Pokemon was revered long ago by People and Pokemon a like for its incredible blur like speed

2: Mythaur strength comes from its exposed power core, any serious damage has the potential to send Mythaur into a deep hibernation.

3: Mythaur are incredibly difficult to find, it is almost impossible for humans to see this Pokemon without losing sight of it instantly.

Will jazz this up more later

Edited by DoctorPBC

Does our Pokemon have to be a Competitive pokemon? Or can it have shitty stats like a Caterpie?

It has to have a positive impact on the metagame. You can make it for lower tiers though, but making something shitty will not win you anything.

Aaand my entry... enjoy!

1. Name of Concept: Fast Defensive Utility/ Bulky Tank

General Description: A defensive pokemon that can cause serious damage in return. With its naturally high speed, it can pull off quick taunts to prevent the recovery or setup of other pokemon. Immune to burn and poison, it is a good absorber for the most common status moves in the metagame.

Justification: Its unique typing counters the most common sets of the top threats in the OU metagame, decreasing the efficiency of commonly used pokemon like Snorlax, Gengar, Blissey and Arcanine. Special attackers like Jolteon, Lanturn and Starmie and Ground/Fighting moves can scare it out. Seemingly intimidant with high bulk and the option to abuse a relatively fast Water Spout-Recover combo, the more damage it takes, the less efficient it will be towards damaging in return. It forces an offensive reaction, due to its ability to toxic stall, but it can be stalled in return by Natural Cure Pokemon.

(Note that I created it before the Blissey and Snorlax ban. However, that is not an entirely bad thing, since it serves as a tool that counters both, which will help maintain a balanced metagame while moving the two walls back down to OU.)

2. Typing: Water/Steel

This unique typing/ability help absorb two very common statuses in OU: burn and poison. Defensive in nature, the typing helps Armaphinos come in safely on many physical or special attacks, while the learnset gives it the possibility to disrupt stall at the same time. This typing resists both of Gengar's STAB moves and it would make the dolphin the first safe switch into non-Thunderbolt Gengars.

3. Threats: Gengar, Blissey, Snorlax, Arcanine, Skarmory, Weezing

The above pokemon are a predominant presence in OU, and a problematic one. Barring Gengar (but not always), they are used as walls and are the source of a stagnant, boring OU metagame. A fast, bulky Water/Steel type comes in and has the possibility to stall their recovery away while weakening them hit after hit.

4. Primary and Secondary Ability:

Water Veil: The first ability allows the pokemon to absorb a very problematic status move in OU, Wil-o-Wisp. This means people will no longer need to use Arcanine to be burn-free, or one of the frail guts users.

Clear Body: The second ability gives the pokemon a better chance to sweep by setting up Curses or Dragon Dances, in the physical variant, without getting completely shut down by Gyarados. The possibility that it carries Water Veil makes the opponent reluctant to attempt burning it, which can give it a strategic advantage.

5. Base Stats: 100/75/100/75/70/88 (508)

The stats give it a chance to perform a variety of roles, from defensive to offensive. The speed base allows it to outspeed base 100 neutral speed pokemon like Flygon and Slaking, forcing their owners to reconsider their choice of nature. While physically it achieves an immense bulk, it remains prone to super effective special attacks.

6. Counters: Starmie, Swampert, Machamp, Magneton, Swampert, Quagsire, Jolteon, Venusaur, Ludicolo

Checks: Flygon, Heracross, Machamp, Medicham, Blaziken, Dugtrio

Most of the pokemon that threaten it have an offensive nature. The pressure that Armaphinos puts on the metagame is clearly visible: while it disrupts and punishes stall-oriented teams, it can be threatened by more offensive teams.

7. Name: Armaphinos (armoured "delphinos", the romanized greek translation of "dolphin" and I suck with names)

8. Move Pool:

Learnset via Level-Up:

[spoiler]

-Pre-Evo- Splash

-Pre-Evo- Charm

-Tackle

-Tail Whip

00 Water Gun

00 Bite

32 Encore

36 Whirpool

40 Agility

48 Bounce

54 Body Slam

62 Hydro Pump[/spoiler]

Egg Moves (Field/Water2 group):

[spoiler]

Curse (Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal)

Defense Curl (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Dunsparce, Phanpy, Donphan, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein)

Dragon Dance (Gyarados)

Iron Defense (Torkoal)

Quick Attack (Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Vulpix, Ninetales, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Sentret, Furret, Sneasel)

Recover (chain breed, Corsola>Quagsire)

Sleep Talk (Whismur, Loudred, Exploud)

Safeguard (Vulpix, Ninetales, Seel, Dewgong)

Water Spout (Wailord)[/spoiler]

TM/HM:

[spoiler]

TM:

03 Water Pulse

06 Toxic

07 Hail

10 Hidden Power

12 Taunt

13 Ice Beam

14 Blizzard

17 Protect

18 Rain Dance

21 Frustration

23 Iron Tail

27 Return

32 Double Team

42 Façade

43 Secret Power

44 Rest

HM:

03 Surf

04 Strength

07 Waterfall

08 Dive[/spoiler]

Tutor Moves:

[spoiler]

Mud-Slap

Defense Curl

Endure

Psych Up

Iron Defense

Icy Wind

Signal Beam

Bounce

Dive

Headbutt

Helping Hand

Hyper Voice

Iron Tail

Mimic

Substitute

Body Slam

Swagger

Sleep Talk[/spoiler]

Reasoning: The Dolphin brings an unique, unprecedented move combo to the game: Water Spout+Recover. While it may seem intimidating, the low base special attack prevents it from doing too much damage to the metagame. Armaphinos also has a set of tricks for disrupting stall via Taunt/Encore, and can prove to be a viable option for doubles too, with Helping Hand/ Encore support. Its versatility is great, as it gets access to physical setup, natural bulk and decent speed. It can be offensive and land unexpected KOs, or play defensively and come in to absorb any attack. Its inability to set up in special defence makes it balanced, as it will lose to most special attackers. Altogether, I believe this pokemon can change the shape of the OU metagame, punishing slow, defensive teams and encouraging players to take more offensive options into account.

Recommended Builds:

Physical End-Game Sweeper:

Adamant 252 Attack 252 Speed

Dragon Dance, Iron Tail/Return, Waterfall, Recover

Mixed Dancer:

Naïve 252 Attack 252 Speed

Recover, Water Spout, Dragon Dance, Return

Defensive Utility:

Bold 134 HP 252 Def 122 SDef

Water Spout, Recover, Toxic, Taunt

9. Concept Art/ Shiny version:

[spoiler]

a0c1a9ca76.jpg[/spoiler]

10. Armaphinos, the Armour Plated Dolphin

Considered one of the most intelligent creatures in the sea. The new born do not have any armor, which made some scientist to believe the dolphins manufacture it themselves when old enough, although there has been no record of that yet. (Ruby)

When noticing a human in danger, Armaphinos is known to act without hesitation. They are believed to have once shared closer bonds with people, even communicating through telepathy. (Sapphire)

The species is believed to have been close to extinction a couple of centuries ago. Their evolving intelligence and adaptability allowed them to survive and quickly respond to any possible threat. (Emerald)

Edited by OldKeith

here is my entry

pokedex:

no.

type: fly/normal

name: cardenance, the celestial pokemon his name makes reference to the cardinal virtues.

Descripción: cardenance cover his face with an ancient mask, he can change his shape and color and mixed with his environment

ev yield: 2 hp

height/weigth: .5 meters/20kg

hability: pressure/natural cure

because this pokemon can't learn health moves, he got the ability pressure to decrease the number of PP of moves it can change the health condition however, the natural cure ability is more effective because it can recover the pokemon condition

sprite:

[spoiler]

489.png

[/spoiler]

moves:

[spoiler]

by level

1 growl

5 metronome

7 tackle

10 baton pass

18 fallow me

25 double edge

32 encore

40 agility

52 air slash

65 hyper beam

75 swords dance

by tm/hm

hm02 fly

hm07 waterfall

tm06 toxic

mt11 sunny day

mt15 hyper beam

mt16 light screen

mt18 rain dance

mt22 solar beam

mt25 thunder

mt 28 dig

mt32 double team

mt37 sand storm

mt38 fire blast

mt40 aerial ace

mt43 secret power

mt 70 flash

mt 73 thunder wave

by move tutor:

mud slap

body slam

substitute

egg moves

only can breed with ditto

these attacks are designed to match any cardenance forms, depending on their stats

[/spoiler]

name of the concept (normal form no concept)

stats type normal & form:

[spoiler]

type: fly/normal

hp:100

atk:80

def:80

sp.atk:80

sp.def 80

speed80

a pokemon with balance stats and a great number of useful attacks, however, it is recommended to use some of his alternate formsability

pressure/natural cure

[/spoiler]

aqua form

name of the concept:

special wall/baton passer

stats type & moveset

[spoiler]

fly/water

hp 100

atk 50

def 80

sp atk 130

sp def 120

speed 70

A pokemon with a great special defence and a great special attack, it can be used like a special attacker, he can use sword dance to boost his attack and then make baton pass.

moveset:

water fall/toxic or thunder wave/baton pass/swords dance or agility

hability

pressure/natural cure

[/spoiler]

sprite:

[spoiler]

626.png

[/spoiler]

natura form

name of the concept:

special wall/annoyer

stats type & moveset

[spoiler]

fly/grass

hp 130

atk50

def70

sp atk 120

sp def 130

speed 50

A pokemon with a great special defence and great hp, he can be a great special Wall & a good special attacker, he can be used to poison or paralyze to his enemies and defend himself

counter: fire/psyquic pokemon (alakazam)

moveset:

toxic or thunder wave/sunny day/solar beam/substitute

hability

pressure/natural cure

[/spoiler]

sprite:

[spoiler]

224.png

[/spoiler]

terra form

name of the concept:

physical wall/physical

attacker

stats type & moveset

[spoiler]

type: fly/ground

hp 100

atk 120

def 130

sp atk 50

sp def 100 

speed 50

A pokemon with a great defence and a great physical attacker but with a low speed. He can be used like a revenge killer or physical defender

counter: any water type pokemon

moveset:

double edge/swords dance/air slash/substitute

hability

pressure/natural cure

[/spoiler]

sprite:

[spoiler]

335.png

[/spoiler]

vulcan form

name of the concept:

mix sweeper

stats type & moveset

[spoiler]

type fly/fire

hp 80

atk 120

def 60

sp atk 120

sp def 60

speed 110

A pokemon with a great special attack, physical attack and speed, he can be used like a mix sweeper for his moves and stats.

counter: rock type pokemons like aerodactyl or any pokemon wih a great speed and great attack or special atk

moveset:

swords dance/double edge/fireblast/thunder

[/spoiler]

sprite:

[spoiler]

FBC.png

[/spoiler]

volta form

name of the concept:

special sweeper

stats type & moveset

[spoiler]

type: fly/electric

hp 80

atk 50

def 50

sp atk 130

sp def 100

speed 140

With a high speed and a great special attack, this pokemon can attack first every single time and kill everything in his way, however, his defences are too low

counter: any pokemon with a great spec. def. and decent attack

moveset:

substitute/thunder/fireblast or waterfall/thunder wave

hability

pressure/natural cure

[/spoiler]

sprite:

[spoiler]

CC1.png

[/spoiler]

extra data

[spoiler]

this pokemon can change his form and stats like deoxys, and also can change his type like castform.

for change his form he must be exposed to one of the 5 celestial headstones on the top of several mountains, he can change any number of times, to go back to his original form he must be exposed latest headstone used

[/spoiler]

Edited by Vnives

1. The concept of the Pokemon :

[spoiler]

- Name the concept : "Calm Minder Counter".
- General description : Narvalhorn can stop calm minders with his ability to endure heavy special damages while threatening its enemies with a strong bug stab move (Megahorn).
- Justification : Calm minders are really difficult to stop without a special tank that attacks physically.
This OU pokemon would fit perfectly in the metagame since its special bulk allows it to switch on several threats, but also because it would not be considered as OP. It could be countered easily by common things (Gengar, Weezing, Gyarados) but also underdogs (Dusclops, Skarmory).[/spoiler]
2. Typing :
[spoiler]

Narvalhorn shares the Water/Bug duo-type with only Surskit. This duo-type is specially adapted to resist to Special moves: only one electric weakness that is not particularly used on calm minders. Physical defense, even with its low base stat, would still present a challenge for the opponent: the 2 weaknesses (Rock & Fly) of Narvalhorn are all low damage moves (Max 80) while his 2 resistances are powerful Fight/Ground moves. Furthermore, the Water/Bug duo-type also resist both Ice & Ground moves, which is usually a combination that gives perfect coverage.

nvnlsy.jpg
[/spoiler] 
3. Threats :
[spoiler]

In OU, Espeon, Slowbro, Gardevoir, Starmie & Ludicolo are all strong Special attackers with a Bug weakness. All are threatened by Narvalhorn.[/spoiler]
4. Ability :
[spoiler]

Being close to Surskit and Seaking, it is not surprising that Narvalhorn shares with them the ability Swift Swim. For this reason, its low speed base stat doubles in the rain while its water stab moves get boosted.[/spoiler]
5. Stats :
[spoiler] 
ziozsx.png

95 base HP mixed with 110 good Special Defense makes Narvalhorn one of the best special tank in the game.
Its Defense base stat, even though is low (60), synergizes well with his typing: interesting physical resistances (Ground/Fight).
Its powerful attack with 2 good stab moves and access to Sword Dance makes it a real Physical threat to nearly all pokemons.
Finally, its ability (swift swim) entirely compensate for his low 40 base speed stat; in the rain, a jolly Narvalhorn can even outspeed Jolteon.[/spoiler]
6. Counters :
[spoiler]

Gengar and Weezing are particularly good counters: resistance to bug moves, access to Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split. Furthermore, Thunderbolt can also inflict some serious damage to Narvalhorn.
Gyarados can intimidate  and resist both Water and Bug moves.
Skarmory can easily stop it with its resistance to Bug type and Drillpeck can scare Narvalhorn out of the field.
Any rain dancer with access to Thunder are also a big threat to Narvalhorn.
Nearly all choicebanders with a Rock, Fly or Normal type move can 1HKO Narvalhorn.[/spoiler] 
7. Name :
[spoiler]

Narvalhorn is a mix between Narval and Horn; the narval is a toothed whale that possesses a large "tusk".[/spoiler]
8. Movepool & Level up moves list :

[spoiler] 
11wgec0.jpg

Recommended move-sets :
Classic Tank :
Careful 252 HP 252 SDef Leftovers
Sword Dance
Rain Dance
Megahorn
Waterfall

Fast Rain Dancer :
Jolly 252 Attack 252 Speed Lum Berry
Sword Dance
Rain Dance
Megahorn
Waterfall

Flail :
Jolly 252 Attack 252 Speed Salac Berry
Sword Dance
Endure
Flail
Waterfall
 [/spoiler]
9. Art/Sprite of the Pokémon :
[spoiler]25gxzy0.jpg
 [/spoiler]
10. Pokedex Entries :
[spoiler]Narvalhorn is the single tusk pokemon.
- Height : 6'7" (2.01m)
- Weight : 286.6 lbs (130.0 kg)
- Gender ratio : 50% Male / 50% Female
- Egg group : Water 2 / Bug
- EV Yield : +1 Attack +1 Sp.Def
- Species : Whale

Narvalhorns lives in the sea where he spends nearly all its time dancing to attract the opposite gender.[/spoiler]
Conclusion :
In one hand, Narvalhorn is totally realistic :
- It has a rare but existing duo-type
- It shares the same ability and movepool with the pokemons close to it
- It has realistic Base Stats (500 BS)

In the other hand, Narvalhorn is a nice addition to the metagame :
- It could counter Calm Minders and strong Special attackers
- It could be countered by common OU pokemons
- It could be countered by OU underdogs and then increase their usage

Edited by Sashaolin

Winner xD
1. Name Of Concept: 
Offensive Sweeper/NU
 General Description: A Swift Pokemon capable of great fire power and fairly awesome def. It is Immune to Poison attacks and resistant to Normal,Electric,Rock,Psychic and many more type attacks. Perfect for the like of NU pokemon.
 Justification: Unlike other pokemon, This pokemons typing provides it the ability to counter the over grossly Pokemon in NU which are moving towards getting themselves banned. The NU being hogged by Poison pokemon, Too strong pokemon like Zangoose,Pinser,PIkachu,Armaldo which have found there way into NU, therefore a pokemon like this is required. Too many Poison types means too many psychic pokemon. Therefore the pokemon is surely to bring balance in the tier.
2.Typing: Dragon/Steel
  This distinctive typing resists Zangoose's Stab attacks and is also resistant to them. Predominant Poison and Psychic types trying to counter them fall prey to the pokemon. Brutes like Armaldo can't do much to the pokemon either. The pokemon also resists Light ball sweeper pikachu.
3.Threats: Zangoose, Armaldo, Pikachu,Pinsir,Mr.Mime,Venamoth,Muk,Ampharos,Electrabuzz.
 These pokemon have done nothing but ruined the fundamental balance of NU and will be either banned or shifted to UU. This pokemon abe to counter most of these strong pokemon taking advantage of its dueal typing is to push these pokemon to less use.
4. Primary and Secondary Ability:
(i)Intimidate: Most of the strongest pokemon in NU are Physical sweepers, it is only logical that the pokemon gets the ability to counter its targest more effectively.
(ii)Guts: As mentioned earlier, the pokemon is more Offensive than a bulky wall, Guts for a sweep strategy.
5.Stats: (410)
            HP: 69 Reason: 
The pokemon requires a good health bar to rely on if it wants to counter the pokemon.
             Attack: 105 Reason: The pokemon need good attack to strike back!
             Defense: 70 Reason: Perfectly fine since its soul purpose is to counter Hardcore Physical Sweepers.
             Speed: 91 Reason: Not too fast but perfect for the pokemon it threatens. 
             Sp.Atk: 35 Reason: It has low Sp.Atk, otherwise it would be too strong for the Tier.
             Sp.Def: 40 Reason: The pokemon has low SP.def as it's primarily role s to wall the physical attackers.
6.Counters: Sandslash, Primeape, Machoke, Golem, Piloswine, Hitmontop, Magcargo, Camerupt.
                    (Promoting use of less used and discouraging the use of over grossly NU)
7.Name: "Lance" (Strong and Metalic, Perfect for the pokemon!)
8.Level UP Moves:

[spoiler]1. Dragon Breath
6. Metal Claw
10. Quick Attack
14. Iron Tail
14. Headbutt
16. Roar
20 .Dragon Dance
25. Dragon Claw
31. Flame Thrower
40. Outrage
69. Guillotine 
72. Screech[/spoiler]
T/HMs. [spoiler]TM 01. Focus Punch
TM 02. Dragon Claw.
TM 05. Roar.
TM 08. Bulk Up
TM 10. Hidden Power
TM 24. Thunder Bolt
TM 26. Earth Quake
TM 27. Return
TM 31. Brick Break
TM 38. Fire Blast
TM 40 Aerial Ace
HM/s
HM 01. Cut
HM 04. Strength
HM 06. Rock Smash
Special: Extreme Speed

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Pokedex Entries:
(i) It is believed that Lance and Charizard share a common ancestor, these common ancestor were the cause that drove pokemon like Aerodactyl to extinction.
(ii)In the distant past, the pokemon Lance were the fiercest and strongest pokemon to walk the Earth, The pokemon having the power second to none, evolved over the years into weaker beings.
(iii) The famous Dragon Master Lance's great Grandfather was inspired by the pokemon and had named his grandson after the pokemon.[/spoiler]

Picture: [spoiler]f80jwqa.png[/spoiler]

Name of the concept Dragon Dance Sweeper 
General Description: A DD sweeper with one of the best offensive typing in the metagame.
Justification: It brings a new sweeper to the PokeMMO OU metagame, capable of checking many threats and being itself a threat if it gets to set up Dragon Dances.

Typing: Fire/Dragon

Threats: Everything that doesn't resist its stab combinations, isn't bulky enough or fast enough to revenge kill it has big trouble.

Primary and Secondary Ability. Primary: Intimidate. Secondary: Guts

Stats. 87/125/82/94/94/108  Genderless

This BST has been calculated rounding Charizard's and Haxorus' stats. This Pokemon is inspired by a hypotetical fusion between the two. Defense and Special Defense have been swapped around to make it more easy to get killed by non-Intimidated/Multiscale resisted EQs and Rock Slides.

Counters: Physical attackers carrying EQ can kill it fast. Also Rock Slide and Stealth Rocks pose a great problem. Needs Rapid Spin support.

Name: Honoryuu (literally Fire Dragon in Japanese)

Movepool and level up moves list

- Dragon Dance

- Growl

- Scratch

- Ember

- Dragon Rage

- Extremespeed

7 - Fury Swipes

12 - Quick Attack

16 - Fire Punch

20 - Dragonbreath

26 - Scary Face

36 - Hi-Jump Kick

40 - Slash

44 - Dragon Dance

50 - Blaze Kick

50 - Dragon Claw

TMs

TM01 Focus Punch

TM02 Dragon Claw

TM05 Roar

TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power

TM11 Sunny Day

TM15 Hyper Beam

TM17 Protect

TM20 Safeguard

TM21 Frustration

TM23 Iron Tail

TM27 Return

TM28 Dig

TM31 Brick Break

TM32 Double Team

TM35 Flamethrower

TM38 Fire Blast

TM42 Facade

TM43 Secret Power

TM44 Rest

TM45 Attract

TM46 Thief

TM49 Snatch

TM50 Overheat

HM01 Cut

HM04 Strenght

HM06 Rock Smash

2ly67w5.png

Pokedex:

- Height : 1.65 m
- Weight : 80 kg
- Gender ratio : Genderless
- Egg group : Undiscovered
- EV Yield : +3 Attack 

- Species : Dragon

1 - Agile and strong, this Pokemon is capable of hitting his opponents at an extremely high speed.

2 - This Pokemon is known for attacking any Pokemon entering his territory using a combination of fast and hard-hitting punches and kicks.

3 - Very little is known about this fierce Pokemon. It breathes fire at 1000°C and burns everything blocking his path.

Edited by emperior

Name of the concept Dragon Dance Sweeper 
General Description: A DD sweeper with one of the best offensive typing in the metagame.
Justification: It brings a new sweeper to the PokeMMO OU metagame, capable of checking many threats and being itself a threat if it gets to set up Dragon Dances.

Typing: Fire/Dragon

Threats: Everything that doesn't resist its stab combinations, isn't bulky enough or fast enough to revenge kill it has big trouble.

Primary and Secondary Ability. Primary: Intimidate. Secondary: Guts

Stats. 87/125/82/94/94/108  Genderless

This BST has been calculated rounding Charizard's and Haxorus' stats. This Pokemon is inspired by a hypotetical fusion between the two. Defense and Special Defense have been swapped around to make it more easy to get killed by non-Intimidated/Multiscale resisted EQs and Rock Slides.

Counters: Physical attackers carrying EQ can kill it fast. Also Rock Slide and Stealth Rocks pose a great problem. Needs Rapid Spin support.

Name: Honoryuu (literally Fire Dragon in Japanese)

Movepool and level up moves list

- Dragon Dance

- Growl

- Scratch

- Ember

- Dragon Rage

- Extremespeed

7 - Fury Swipes

12 - Quick Attack

16 - Fire Punch

20 - Dragonbreath

26 - Scary Face

36 - Hi-Jump Kick

40 - Slash

44 - Dragon Dance

50 - Blaze Kick

50 - Dragon Claw

TMs

TM01 Focus Punch

TM02 Dragon Claw

TM05 Roar

TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power

TM11 Sunny Day

TM15 Hyper Beam

TM17 Protect

TM20 Safeguard

TM21 Frustration

TM23 Iron Tail

TM27 Return

TM28 Dig

TM31 Brick Break

TM32 Double Team

TM35 Flamethrower

TM38 Fire Blast

TM42 Facade

TM43 Secret Power

TM44 Rest

TM45 Attract

TM46 Thief

TM49 Snatch

TM50 Overheat

HM01 Cut

HM04 Strenght

HM06 Rock Smash

2ly67w5.png

Pokedex:

- Height : 1.65 m
- Weight : 80 kg
- Gender ratio : Genderless
- Egg group : Undiscovered
- EV Yield : +3 Attack 

- Species : Dragon

1 - Agile and strong, this Pokemon is capable of hitting his opponents at an extremely high speed.

2 - This Pokemon is known for attacking any Pokemon entering his territory using a combination of fast and hard-hitting punches and kicks.

3 - Very little is known about this fierce Pokemon. It breathes fire at 1000°C and burns everything blocking his path.

http://nyjee.deviantart.com/art/Dragons-341644729

edit: there doesn't seem to be anything in the OP about having to make your own sprite/illustration, though. So maybe it's ok - still, i'd give credit to who the sprite was made by just to be safe

Edited by Gunthug
  1. The concept of the Pokémon:
    Name of the concept: Multiple Uses / Versatile
    General DescriptionJust like Gengar, this pokemon can be used in many ways although it has more weaknesses compared to gengar but it has resistance to other typings(fire, water, electric, grass).
    JustificationSince it can be used in many different ways, it is probably gonna help any team.

2. Typing: Ghost and Dragon
              - I think the typing doesnt complement each other but if it will be paired with the right pokemon it could 
                really annoy your opponent. It can be used to make it harder for your opponent to predict your switches or 
                your other moves especially if paired with scizor, metagross, etc. And unlike Giratina it has lower stats.

3. ThreatsHeracross, Kingdra(No Outrage), Marowak, Blaziken, Sceptile, Charizard, Machamp, Breloom, Venusaur, 
                  Jolteon, Alakazam, Espeon, Gardevoir.
                - Most of the pokemon above are setup pokemon so because of this typing it will be harder for them
                  to set up because this pokemon can just wall them and 2hko or ohko any of them and as for Venusaur, 
                  it(Venu) can't make it(my pokemon) fall asleep because of its ability(see below) and it resists both stab.
  4. Primary and Secondary AbilityPrimary Ability: Insomnia (You can't use it in different ways if it is asleep, so this ability is really useful)
                                                      Secondary Ability: Levitate (Another option specially if you want to pair it with metagross or arcanine)
  5. Stats.HP: 85
             ATK: 100
             DEF:130
             SPA: 50
             SDEF: 110
             SPE: 50
            TOTAL: 525

The stats are relevant to the concept because it will live up to the concept of making it versatile. I want it to
    be versatile because scouting is a main part of our metagame so having a pokemon that can be used in different ways
    could be a good pokemon for any comp player to have. Also, IMO the ev spread of the pokemon is the hardest thing to
    scout so by using this pokemon it will be harder for scouters to figure out wheter you're running a def wall, sdef
    wall or a mixed wall. You can also surprise your opponent if you run an spattacker, dragon dancer or choicebander.
  6. CountersSkarmory, Cloyster, Scizor/forretress(If no Firepinch), Steelix, Vaporeon, Weezing, Gengar.

These pokemon will counter my created pokemon because some of them will resist it's stabs and some can just hit
    it hard. There's no other reason at all why they became it's counter other than their typing. So its unintentional.
  7. NameGarJan (sounds like "Guardian")
               Reason: It keeps on saying Garjan.
  8. Movepool and level up moves list.                                                                                                                                                                               Level up                                                                                                                                                                                       - Rapid Spin
         - Astonish
     5  - Bite
    10 - Scary Face
    15 - Twister
    30 - Crunch
    38 - Shadow Claw
    42 - Dragon Claw
    50 - Wish
    52 - Fake Tears 
    ----------------------------------
    TMs
    Dragon Claw
    Roar
    Toxic
    Hidden Power
    Sunnyday
    Taunt
    Protect
    Return
    Shadow ball
    Brickbreak
    Double team
    Flamethrower
    Fireblast
    Rock tomb
    Secret Power
    Facade
    Rest
    Attract
    Tutor

Substitute            Fire/Ice/Thunderpunch
    Explosion             Thuderwave
    Swagger
    Rockslide
    Doubleedge
    Eggmoves

Perish Song          Disable
    Dragon Dance         Haze
    Dragon Breath
    Bounce
    Will-o-Wisp
  9. Art / Sprite of the Pokemon  [spoiler]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             image.png[/spoiler]
  10. 3 Pokedex entries and add a species.                                                                                                                                                        Type: Dragon, Ghost
     Species: Baby Ghost Dragon Pokemon
     Egg groups: Dragon, Amorphous
     EV Yield: +2 Def, +2 SpDef

Edited by besttiming