Official Tournament Prizes

To be honest bowser, imo you should be happy you are getting what they are offering if it were up to me it would have been a lot less.  You are getting something litterally only available to the pvp player base, this game is so ridiculously skewed for pvp players its not even funny and you still come here to complain.

To be honest bowser, imo you should be happy you are getting what they are offering if it were up to me it would have been a lot less.  You are getting something litterally only available to the pvp player base, this game is so ridiculously skewed for pvp players its not even funny and you still come here to complain.

battle points, RP and shinys are all available to non PVP players, well maybe not shinys

battle points, RP and shinys are all available to non PVP players, well maybe not shinys

a reliable source of competitive shinies?

no competitive is not an appropriate word, they have other uses, good shinies, shinies with high iv's, good nature.

wh-wh...what the fuck are you even talking about?

It's not "skewed to PvP players", it's just that there's nothing to fucking do in this game once you finish other than grind (cancerous), shiny trade (super cancerous), and PvP (cancerous by virtue of the grind). It's not that it's "skewed for pvp players", it's that there's nothing to do OTHER than PvP, so if they ignored PvP they'd be shit out of luck.

The only reason this game currently has a playerbase is because it is the best pokemon mmo that exists. It is a terrible MMO, and it is a terrible pokemon game. It just happens to be the best at being both at once.

wh-wh...what the fuck are you even talking about?

It's not "skewed to PvP players", it's just that there's nothing to fucking do in this game once you finish other than grind (cancerous), shiny trade (super cancerous), and PvP (cancerous by virtue of the grind). It's not that it's "skewed for pvp players", it's that there's nothing to do OTHER than PvP, so if they ignored PvP they'd be shit out of luck.

The only reason this game currently has a playerbase is because it is the best pokemon mmo that exists. It is a terrible MMO, and it is a terrible pokemon game. It just happens to be the best at being both at once.

just because you don't enjoy anything else the game has to offer doesn't mean there aren't other things to do. TT is a thing, there are plenty of things to farm and make, there is no way to farm a competitive shiny though, with 1mil you can buy pretty much anything the pve player could collect however.

just because you don't enjoy anything else the game has to offer doesn't mean there aren't other things to do. TT is a thing, there are plenty of things to farm and make, there is no way to farm a competitive shiny though, with 1mil you can buy pretty much anything the pve player could collect however.

The other things are just an endless grind barrier for PVP. Why would you play trainer tower if you don't want the battle points for comps? inb4 "t-t-trainer tower is fun to some people maybe" lmao ok.

why does a pvp player need a competitive shiny and not just a competitive pokemon?

They don't, that's why they're fucking useless.

On top of being generally worse than a regular comp and super scout-able. Hence why you never see "comp" shinies being used, even the "good" ones.

why does a pvp player need a competitive shiny and not just a competitive pokemon?

doesnt really answer the question, why on gods green earth would a non PVP player do with a comp shiny that they couldnt do with a regular one

doesnt really answer the question, why on gods green earth would a non PVP player do with a comp shiny that they couldnt do with a regular one

they could use it for TT, show off to friends, use it in the upcoming battle frontier, you name it

a non PVP player can do all those things with a regular shiny

a pvp player can pvp with a regular comp

Legitimate question, why are you guys letting munya speak for you guys? Like the man clearly has no idea what he is even talking about. I just dont get why we cant have  a skillful way to earn wealth in this game, guys have no problem letting new players become infinite wealthier than the veterans.

I'm speaking for myself, make no mistake about that.  
Edited by Munya

I can't really be mad about the prize bump because a. i'll never win one unless DPP OU suddenly becomes a thing around here, and b. i'm literally shocked there was a prize bump/change at all. The HP/egg move thing confuses me though, why on earth would a player have to choose one or the other? They just won a tournament, give them a COMPETITIVE SHINY. Not 1/3 competitive (31 speed and decent stats), not 2/3 competitive (good hidden power), but a full competitive (egg moves). Keeping in mind the problems w/these shinies like scouting and 25 max peripheral stats, I'd say the least you can do is make them as close to a regular comp as possible in terms of what they have access to.

Also, while we're tweaking the IVs, why not allow the player to choose where the 31 goes? I know for example that torkoal could give 2 shits about 31 speed

Once again this wasnt the point, why does a non PVP player need a comp shiny? You're saying the game is skewed towards PVP players where in reality it isn't. There are even writing competitions and what not for players who aren't as talented PVP wise. The things that PVP players EARN as prizes are all available to non PVP players. 

Once again this wasnt the point, why does a non PVP player need a comp shiny? You're saying the game is skewed towards PVP players where in reality it isn't. There are even writing competitions and what not for players who aren't as talented PVP wise. The things that PVP players EARN as prizes are all available to non PVP players. 

Good shinies are not, you can pretend they have no use outside of pvp all you want but they do, and forum events are not game events, and those non tournament events happen once in a blue moon, last month, there were 16 tournaments held, and one writing contest, since you want to include it, theres a significant gap.

Not that im bragging or anything but i reached finals in my 2nd try with shit comps, so the hope for winnibg for new players doesnt rely on ivs or how strong your comps are. Its just not fair to make tournament prizes useless just so comp players dont get too rich, and to make it imposible for new players to win, not like old players win tournaments effortlessly. Making comps is continious process so we all keep needing money. And srsly the bp or the everstones just doesnt cut it for a tournament ein against all odds and after conquering everyone ul have to sell them fckin everstones or bp just so u can get 1m or even less.

they could use it for TT, show off to friends, use it in the upcoming battle frontier, you name it

Use it for tt or the battle frontier you say. Well, your suggestion is so comically off base and ridiculous, I couldn't help but go through extreme efforts to try and point out how ridiculous that suggestion is, by compiling the event shinies for the first 10ish tournaments in Event Archive.

Shiny Cloyster
Shiny Slakoth
Shiny Poliwag
Shiny Misdreavus
Shiny Koffing
Shiny Abra
Shiny Medicham
Shiny Nincada
Shiny Shroomish

So, let's look at this, shall we? Since Trainer Tower and Battle Frontier don't operate by tiers, your best pokemon are gonna be high tier OUs/Ubers. Salamence, Dragonite, Wobbuffet, Tyranitar, Starmie, Gengar, etc; These pokemon are pretty much optimal for both these areas. Using anything else is increasing your odds of losing. If you lose, you're heavily punished by it by getting less rewards and wasting time, and in the battle frontier, resetting rewards. In other words, using weaker pokemon just cause they're shiny for style points isn't a realistic suggestion, because as cool as they might look, nobody wants to fucking start over with the scaling BP rewards in battle frontier. With this in mind, Cloyster, Nincada, Medicham, Shroomish, Koffing, Misdreavus, and Poliwag are already out. They're just not very viable. I guess you could /maybe/ use shit like Medicham, Breloom, or maybe even the Weezing/Cloyster, but let's be honest, at best, you're slowing your progress. At worst, you're costing yourself games you could have won.

Abra and Slakoth /might/ work. Alakazam might be shit in OU, but it can kinda work in the PvE zones. With that said, it's pretty much 100% outclassed by Starmie there anyway, and Shiny Alakazam is a shitty shiny anyway, so it doesn't even matter. I actually think Slaking can kind of work decently in PvE zones due to pooped AI and it's ability to KO like everything, while being bulky and pretty fast. With that being said, it's a heavy BL pokemon with pretty much no place in OU, and even if you do use it in Trainer Tower/Battle Frontier, the psuedolegendaries are probably better regardless tbh.

Show off to friends? "Oh guys, look at my shiny abra! It looks like shit, I can't use it competitively, and I can't sell it...but uh...I won a tournament to get it, that was neat". pls go.

Then why are you giving pvp players shiny comps?

Good shinies are not, you can pretend they have no use outside of pvp all you want but they do

like what? 

oh, i see ;-;

i didnt say u couldnt be good at both

dat typo

Edited by DaftCoolio

Use it for tt or the battle frontier you say. Well, your suggestion is so comically off base and ridiculous, I couldn't help but go through extreme efforts to try and point out how ridiculous that suggestion is, by compiling the event shinies for the first 10ish tournaments in Event Archive.

Shiny Cloyster
Shiny Slakoth
Shiny Poliwag
Shiny Misdreavus
Shiny Koffing
Shiny Abra
Shiny Medicham
Shiny Nincada
Shiny Shroomish

So, let's look at this, shall we? Since Trainer Tower and Battle Frontier don't operate by tiers, your best pokemon are gonna be high tier OUs/Ubers. Salamence, Dragonite, Wobbuffet, Tyranitar, Starmie, Gengar, etc; These pokemon are pretty much optimal for both these areas. Using anything else is increasing your odds of losing. If you lose, you're heavily punished by it by getting less rewards and wasting time, and in the battle frontier, resetting rewards. In other words, using weaker pokemon just cause they're shiny for style points isn't a realistic suggestion, because as cool as they might look, nobody wants to fucking start over with the scaling BP rewards in battle frontier. With this in mind, Cloyster, Nincada, Medicham, Shroomish, Koffing, Misdreavus, and Poliwag are already out. They're just not very viable. I guess you could /maybe/ use shit like Medicham, Breloom, or maybe even the Weezing/Cloyster, but let's be honest, at best, you're slowing your progress. At worst, you're costing yourself games you could have won.

Abra and Slakoth /might/ work. Alakazam might be shit in OU, but it can kinda work in the PvE zones. With that said, it's pretty much 100% outclassed by Starmie there anyway, and Shiny Alakazam is a shitty shiny anyway, so it doesn't even matter. I actually think Slaking can kind of work decently in PvE zones due to pooped AI and it's ability to KO like everything, while being bulky and pretty fast. With that being said, it's a heavy BL pokemon with pretty much no place in OU, and even if you do use it in Trainer Tower/Battle Frontier, the psuedolegendaries are probably better regardless tbh.

Show off to friends? "Oh guys, look at my shiny abra! It looks like shit, I can't use it competitively, and I can't sell it...but uh...I won a tournament to get it, that was neat". pls go.

Then why are you giving pvp players shiny comps?

Cant even be shiny alakazam