Official Tournament Prizes

Let me tell you a story.

The young Raaidn was having a good time playing pokemmo, winning officials and winning shinies. Since he was a lazy and spoiled brat his only way of making money was selling said shinies. He once stopped playing for some months, but when he came back he discovered to his horrors his only way of making monie$$ was no longer viable, cuz of something called "Gift shiny comps". 

I discussed with team mates and appearantly the reason for tradeable shinies no longer beeing used for prizes is RMT?

Even if thats correct, I feel like it's wrong to punish the whole community for that. Sure it's nice to win a shiny comp from time to time, but I'd also like to be able to win tradeable shinies. Why not at least have a mix of them both?

TLDR: do the right thing and bring back normal shinies as prizes, so I dont have to play grindmmo

Edit: ppl spend alot of time trying to win these things, and when the prizes become laughable I feel like the mods are shitting on ppls hard work (looking at u shiny gift koffing)

Edited by raaidn

The shiny market is dead too. No new shinys anymore due to the insane so-called 1/8192 rate, and no tradable OT Squirtle shinys.

In my opinion, tradable shiny prizes were good for both the competitive and well as trading players.

• 1 Shiny Worth 10M = 5 comps Atleast
  • 1 Gift Shiny Worth 10M = 1 Comp Only.

I think more tradable common / uncommon shinys in the range of 1-15 should be given out atleast, I don't mine the rare ones being Gift.

I discussed with team mates and appearantly the reason for tradeable shinies no longer beeing used for prizes is RMT?

This is false 

and the prizes are so random, from comp shiny misdreavus/shroomish, to tradeable shiny crobat, to non comp gift shiny koffing,

is there any thought behind it?

Yes there is, only low valued tradeable shinys are allowed to be given out now. The reason I give these out from time to time is because players still want and ask for tradeable shinys and that is what we are eligible to hand out. Other times I give out competitive shinys, because obviously they are nice prizes. I gave out a gift shiny for a tournament once but it didn't go down very well so now I would personally only consider them good prizes for events rather than tournaments. 

ppl spend alot of time trying to win these things, and when the prizes become laughable I feel like the mods are shitting on ppls hard work (looking at u shiny gift koffing)

We also work very hard ourselves to organise, make posters, stay up until 3am in some cases to host these tournaments, I can assure you that we don't do this "shit on ppls hard work".

One of the main reasons to join tournaments was the tradeable prize, there's no motivation to play nowadays other than jj hread.
Comp shinies? pls, those ''comps'' are discriminatory asf, only aimed at people who haven't the time to breed better stuff. so since the staff is not giving money, tradeable stuff, or usable pokes for everyone, i assume that our current prizes are bad quality trophies.

Professional players earn trophies, ok all good, buuuuuut money too, so why a good player who spend alot of time improving their stuff and making strategies to win tournaments has to grind shit like a normal player who don't give a fuck about comp?.

So what you're saying is that giving players a massive amount of wealth in one shot and effectively discouraging active gameplay outside of official events is a good thing?

There's nothing wrong with wealth attained through meritocracy, sure beats attaining massive amounts of wealth in one shot through sheer luck (in my case) or through "good deals", I don't think anyone was complaining about good players getting rich off being good at the game.

So what you're saying is that giving players a massive amount of wealth in one shot and effectively discouraging active gameplay outside of official events is a good thing?

I think the shinies I won and proceeded to selling averaged about 2-3 mill. I woudlnt exactly call this "massive amount of wealth"

And how does this discourage active gameplay? 

This is false 

Yes there is, only low valued tradeable shinys are allowed to be given out now. The reason I give these out from time to time is because players still want and ask for tradeable shinys and that is what we are eligible to hand out. Other times I give out competitive shinys, because obviously they are nice prizes. I gave out a gift shiny for a tournament once but it didn't go down very well so now I would personally only consider them good prizes for events rather than tournaments. 

We also work very hard ourselves to organise, make posters, stay up until 3am in some cases to host these tournaments, I can assure you that we don't do this "shit on ppls hard work".

I didn't say you dont work hard, this answer seems a bit off point.

Edit: Most unofficals these days have better prizes than officials. Think thats all I have to say

Edited by raaidn

Let me tell you a story.

The young Raaidn was having a good time playing pokemmo, winning officials and winning shinies. Since he was a lazy and spoiled brat his only way of making money was selling said shinies. He once stopped playing for some months, but when he came back he discovered to his horrors his only way of making monie$$ was no longer viable, cuz of something called "Gift shiny comps".

This says it all. Some players used official events as a way to bankroll their comp play rather than just playing the game. They would sign up for the chance to win a shiny, and would do this after winning to gain money to purchase their needed items rather than play the game. Sure comp is pretty much the only endgame content, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't still have to play the game to keep playing comp.

>Massive amount of wealth

Like how is that our fault? We diddn't ask for shiny duskull for a shitty gimmick official.

All we need are trade able shiny prices so we can sell to shiny traders and get our cash for our new comps. i am sure Raaidn wants to use that cash for lots of new ideas and comps. The prices are useless now for comp players.

That's the point. A small group of players winning official events and using the winnings from that to play comps. There is no other active gameplay outside of the events unless there is a change to the metagame. You're also not looking at it from the standpoint of how many events were held with a tradeable shiny prize before the change. If the average prize went for 2-3mil per shiny then you can see how introducing that much wealth into the system at one time can be problematic for the economy as a whole.

This says it all. Some players used official events as a way to bankroll their comp play rather than just playing the game. They would sign up for the chance to win a shiny, and would do this after winning to gain money to purchase their needed items rather than play the game. Sure comp is pretty much the only endgame content, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't still have to play the game to keep playing comp.

That's the point. A small group of players winning official events and using the winnings from that to play comps. There is no other active gameplay outside of the events unless there is a change to the metagame. You're also not looking at it from the standpoint of how many events were held with a tradeable shiny prize before the change. If the average prize went for 2-3mil per shiny then you can see how introducing that much wealth into the system at one time can be problematic for the economy as a whole.

Should people not be awarded for winning the most prestigious there is to win in this game?

And lets take an example based on your logic here: LeBron James might be one of the best players in the sport, but he doesnt deserve to make money of of it. No, make that man work 9-5 like every other uguu

A comp player who doesnt enjoy grinding wins a 2-3m shiny, hes still bound to be broke in a few days, if anything hes stimulating the economy by selling the shiny to a shiny trader, buying comps from a person who grinded them, or just buying supplies/services from people willing to sell them. Nobody is breaking the economy for winning a shiny krabby.

Edited by Winterbrah

There's nothing wrong with wealth attained through meritocracy, sure beats attaining massive amounts of wealth in one shot through sheer luck (in my case) or through "good deals", I don't think anyone was complaining about good players getting rich off being good at the game.

Should people not be awarded for winning the most prestigious there is to win in this game?

And lets take an example based on your logic here: LeBron James might be one of the best players in the sport, but he doesnt deserve to make money of of it. No, make that man work 9-5 like every other uguu

couldn't agree more with these.

whats so bad about rewarding the players that are actually good at the game & winning tourneys with 'massive wealth'.

compared to the other ways of getting said 'massive wealth', which include:

finding a shiny yourself = 100% luck based.

scamming a newbie = just shitty.

grinding all day = lol won't even get massive wealth.

I liked the idea of letting the winner chose his/her prize, but nowadays if you don't care about a gift shiny & the other options are 20k bp, which will only drop if battle frontier, or some vanity item for your secret base where nobody ever goes,

yeaaaa no thanks.

It's not a matter of whether or not they should be rewarded for winning, it's a matter of how much wealth has been added to the economy prior to the change without an outflux for it.

It's not a matter of whether or not they should be rewarded for winning, it's a matter of how much wealth has been added to the economy prior to the change without an outflux for it.

i think you're pushing this economy argument a little, i'm pretty sure some people winning midtier shinies won't break the economy.

the playerbase can find 50 shinies in a single day, or 5 in a month, it's all pretty random.

@Xela: I understand where you are coming from but you should also realize that comp players are the players that grind in this game the most. You say they want to evade actual gameplay while the truth is that every single serious comp player has played this game more actively than anyone else (except Munya). Not only that but not every comp player is going to win tradeable shinies and some never win a tournament at all but they still play this game more rigerous than anyone

After much discussion among the higher staff and calculating the amount of tradeable value being distributed via official events it was concluded to be too much.

Due to this we opted to make expensive shinies 'Gifts' (Non-tradeable/Breedable), in light of this some prizes are now allowed to be competitive; with usable IVs and natures.

Occasionally we do give out tradeable shinies of a certain value - though as you've pointed out in your Original Post it would seem that the interest in these shinies stems from the amount of money they are able to be traded for.

Hopefully this explanation will better help you understand why it was changed to begin with.

If you're able to think of a way to improve the prize system without bringing back the problems of the previous one, please state them here.

Dont you already have the solution? The flaw of the last system was that there was a constant influx of tradeable shinies for every tournament. Now you have non trade comp shinies that do not add any value or inflation to the market and you can throw tradeable shinies in there like twice a month. You should just be sure these shinies are atleast worth 5-10. Meanwhile you can keep the non tradeable non comp shinies for art events etc

But why make the non-tradable shiny be 25/25/25/25/25/31. Seeing as you can't trade it anyway and can basically breed a better non-shiny version. And tbh 5-10 million shinies really don't fuck over the economy, because you know. It is already fucked.