Worried. (Shiny encounter rate)

noobihol

I'm glad upper staff are being more open about things now, but with all the salt and hostility in this thread and the prizes one I doubt they will feel motivated to keep doing so in the future, might sound weird coming from me but I think there are better ways to get our thoughts across than resorting to mindless personal attacks and villainizing of staff as a whole. You guys wanted more honesty from them and here it is, the rates not being vanilla was obvious to anyone with above room temperature IQ.

I'm glad upper staff are being more open about things now, but with all the salt and hostility in this thread and the prizes one I doubt they will feel motivated to keep doing so in the future, might sound weird coming from me but I think there are better ways to get our thoughts across than resorting to mindless personal attacks and villainizing of staff as a whole. You guys wanted more honesty from them and here it is, the rates not being vanilla was obvious to anyone with above room temperature IQ.

I get your point Winter, but I can't imagine the frustration of all those people who paid irl money for something that weren't actually promised. 

I get your point Winter, but I can't imagine the frustration of all those people who paid irl money for something that weren't actually promised. 

I can understand why people are frustrated, but this wasn't our queue to bear our fangs and show just how toxic of a community we can be, people need to sit their asses down with all this "fight the power" stuff, we aren't dealing with the Axis here it's just a handful of nerds that came from another MMO that decided to make a Pokemon MMO.

All i'm saying is this was our oppurtunity to take the high road and communicate our demands, not dissuade upper staff from ever being open with us again with these overly hostile responses. 

I can understand why people are frustrated, but this wasn't our queue to bear our fangs and show just how toxic of a community we can be, people need to sit their asses down with all this "fight the power" stuff, we aren't dealing with the Axis here it's just a handful of nerds that came from another MMO that decided to make a Pokemon MMO.

All i'm saying is this was our oppurtunity to take the high road and communicate our demands, not dissuade upper staff from ever being open with us again with these overly hostile responses. 

Fuck dat grab the pitchforks and burning sticks

This is our opportunity to voice our displeasure of being lied too and scammed for two years, there is no high road to take here that leads to the staff communicating with us more honestly and openly.

The staff have never been an open voice of honesty, reason and trust and this only proves that more.... the voice of reason from most players has gone with all the other shit they have pulled over the years. Im all for playing nice and turning the other cheek but the staff have lied through their teeth for two years to us, I dont see how that warrants a reasonable response from us without letting us voice how fucking pissed off we are first. 

They have literally taken peoples money and given them lies in return. It might not affect you all that much but it affects a shit ton of other people more.

Fuck dat grab the pitchforks and burning sticks

this

Edited by DoctorPBC

are you really that naive? how many times have they fucked up things so damn much and even though all the rage, suggestions, discussion nothing changed... it only got worse...

Ranting time ( i really don't care if i get banned for it or not)

Its fairly reasonable to make such a change with encounter rates and take it to an MMO level and i'm actually thinking that it would provide highly usefull on the long run (cept the decreasing over the time)
Not even worried about the friggin market or how much grinding will it take to get there. The idea is solid and might as well work to the point where it would stabilize and play it out itself.
If any of you really fucking think this is about some pixalated beasts that have an alternate colour make that much of a difference, either you're genuinly stupid or ignorant.

I recently gone through plizards pastebin from a few years ago where he said the rate was around 1/32.000, meaning that the information was relatively there and known. Why was it kept secret? possibly bc the little amusement devs made for themselfs when they release a new update and send everyone on a wild goosehunt, i have to say it pays of sometimes.... But giving out the official info incorrectly and adamantly advertising it on everywhere so that ppl would think the rate is legit 8k but not 40k and then out of frustration to buy a donator status so they can "maybe" encounter one? Its a good way to get people to give you some cash i'll give you that. However, it is to be expected a higher amount on an mmo with so much grind to the point where people literally sacrifise so much of their time to contribute something to the game which they will never benefit from. And yet, here we go when everyone is pissed "again" coz they felt betrayed... Literally this, betrayal. 

Look where we are now, community is pissed, staff is putting up a shitty attitude again coz they're so fucking that proud they lied to everyone and literally got paid coz of it. I don't think thats a clear sign of a succesfull game... Hell even made the innocent new-staff member lie to everyone and believe it or not, some of them actually feel guilty about it. To be honest, i feel rather irritated when the higher ups are being perfectly calm about it and act like nothing happened... I think that this is a shame that will effect the perspective of the community against the staff. And i actually feel sorry for them coz they have no fucking clue what the hell is going on, there are still dozens of players waiting for their tournament prizes to be handed out, updates takes ages to be delivered. I'm sensing a huge lazyness going on and the staff are trying their best to handle the situation, for that i'm actually proud of their work and themselfs.

As for my suggestion, i have said this many times directly to staff whenever i had the chance. The information that is important to the gameplay (server related, details on which mechanics are changed and what not) could be handled better with the usage of announcements (via forums or ingame(FAQ)) drop the lazy attitude and get ur shit together, do not disgrace Pokémon any further.

Honestly the reactions after the new was dropped haven't been that bad compared with other times in the past, there are a few angry posts but that's to be expected. The wound is still fresh for those who feel directly affected (donators) and will take a bit of time before it heals. I hope this event does lead to a more open staff base but we know how much they like to keep things to themselves

lmao at people thinking we are getting mad over the rate being different, it's like you said, something everyone knew by now.

no it's about the fact that they fucking lied for over a year, and only told us now because Jay/Kili made a thread.

if not for them the FAQ would still be there next year.

It's about Kyu casually dropping a 2 sentence 'we're sorry guys' and a lenny face and thats all we get?

and staff being all silent but liking eachothers posts as to form some opposition?

opposition of what? what do you guys even have to stand on ?

'yes we lied to you guys to make more money, but it's better for an mmo environment we promise'

erm ok? you know what else is good for an mmo environment? 

not lying to your playerbase.

communication about key gameplay factors.

smh at this staff circlejerk, how can you guys back eachother up at this point.

No way this is acceptable for any players who likes to shiny hunt and I think all human beings can see this. We got tricked into buying donator status and they provided us with false statistics. I donated because I enjoyed this game and did hope I had any chance of finding a shiny, but according to my experience it is impossible on my account to encounter any shiny pokemons after 50.000+ encounters - counted.

Question: Should I just make a new account and never come back to my original account since my account is obviously cursed by that anti-cheat thing.

Now I can finally not be mad at my shitty luck. Thanks kyu.
Also, I find the method kyu mentioned, superior to the 1/8k. Just needs some bug to be looked into, as clearly noobs are getting all the shinies.

no it's about the fact that they fucking lied for over a year, and only told us now because Jay/Kili made a thread.

We realised we would have to make a public statement of sorts when this thread was brought to our attention.

It's about Kyu casually dropping a 2 sentence 'we're sorry guys' and a lenny face and thats all we get?
and staff being all silent but liking eachothers posts as to form some opposition?

When every staff member has to walk on egg shells to carefully choose everything they say to not make the situation or attract ad hominem attacks, posting will obviously happen less often.

how can you guys back eachother up at this point.

We fucked up with the FAQ, there's no backing that up. It was changed without full awareness of the statement. It was very likely changed to lessen the expectation of donator status from +1/10 (Every 10 encounters) to the actual +10% change it provides.

We realised we would have to make a public statement of sorts when this thread was brought to our attention.

When every staff member has to walk on egg shells to carefully choose everything they say to not make the situation or attract ad hominem attacks, posting will obviously happen less often.

We fucked up with the FAQ, there's no backing that up. It was changed without full awareness of the statement. It was very likely changed to lessen the expectation of donator status from +1/10 (Every 10 encounters) to the actual +10% change it provides.

What about the other hundred threads of this kind that got closed by a staff statement going mainly like: 'You just have bad luck the shiny rates have and always will be 1/8192. Locking :)'

Could you please just tell us where the game is heading..? The community has been treated like dirt.

The grind is outstanding... The tourny prizes are very very poor.. We've been lied too.. Barely any money makers, while the sinks are incredible...

could you just be straight with us?

Do we get more information about the new shiny system? And should I just forget my old account?(50.000 encounters is pretty much imo. for one shiny that could be farmed faster with money grinding)

The feeling of finding a shiny is pure happiness, I don't really see the point in decreasing the chance.. So what if they drop in value, I just want to play a Pokemon game like we used to.

Edited by noobihol

well thanks for answering Desu but for me its a little late, looks more like damage control.

you should've given a public statement about this a year ago, when you decided to keep this system, and even if you forgot back then, there were plenty of chances to come clean, but you didn't untill now when people are actually counting & calculating, this looks suspicious to say the least

and after countless of threads & players making threads, asking questions and still being lied to, i feel like this issue deserved a better statement than Kyu casually dropping some vague info and a we're sorry guys.

[spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw

[/spoiler]

i like you and all but... sorry m8

So you werent planning on/didn't feel the need to make a public statement if something like this didn't happen? 

With lesser staff i can understand that (CM, GM etc. ) but barely any progress/information that concerns the playerbase to the extend of... well.... this, i think the obvious fact of lack in communication is a rather dire problem. Not only for the community, for your staff aswell knowing they will be taking the shit for it.

FAQ is being handled very poory if i had to say so myself, i remember had to report several missinformations directly to the GM's (like the level change about tradable starters(yeah, old i know)) The line of communication between staff and the dev team needs to be fixed asap and accurate information has to be given out regarding essential things like shiny enc rate.

[quote name="ThinkNice" post="1081786" timestamp="1434628688"]
What about the other hundred threads of this kind that got closed by a staff statement going mainly like: 'You just have bad luck the shiny rates have and always will be 1/8192. Locking :)'[/quote]
Most if it was done by lower ranked staff members who had no knowledge that this wasn't fully the case. But as far as the lack of correction from our part is from a couple other reasons.
1. We didn't see it most of the time. We don't spend a lot of time reading locked/trashed threads.
2. When we did see it, it fell under 'bot detection/related' purview, which for obvious reasons isn't talked about.
3. We felt the community would be unrelenting to changes of the shiny rate itself, even if we had the best intentions of the game/community long term in mind.

[quote name="KaynineXL" post="1081789" timestamp="1434629023"]
Could you please just tell us where the game is heading..? The community has been treated like dirt.
The grind is outstanding... The tourny prizes are very very poor.. We've been lied too.. Barely any money makers, while the sinks are incredible...

could you just be straight with us?[/quote]
The game is headed towards less grind, but we first have to make supplementary content. Most of the grind is a stopgap between the lack of an endgame.

[quote name="noobihol" post="1081790" timestamp="1434629084"]
Do we get more information about the new shiny system? And should I just forget my old account?(50.000 encounters is pretty much imo. for one shiny that could be farmed faster with money grinding)

The feeling of finding a shiny is pure happiness, I don't really see the point in decreasing the chance.. So what if they drop in value, I just want to play a Pokemon game like we used to.[/quote]
There is little longterm persistent 'cursing' of accounts. Without going into too much detail, a new account would not improve the rate.

[quote name="flavajabari" post="1081791" timestamp="1434629283"]
well thanks for answering Desu but for me its a little late, looks more like damage control.
you should've given a public statement about this a year ago, when you decided to keep this system, and even if you forgot back then, there were plenty of chances to come clean, but you didn't untill now when people are actually counting & calculating, this looks suspicious to say the least[/quote]
Out of sight, out of mind. There only real opportunities to brooch the subject were during the change and now, when it was shoved back into our view.