Worried. (Shiny encounter rate)

noobihol

> specting devs to know wat they're doing

> specting staff to be honest

> some people actually used to believe the rates were vanilla

kek

if only i could find that post where i called their outdated faq card bullshit

So... what has been done here its illegal, or am i wrong?

I would say it is illegal coz the information about the product is falsified and kept giving out wrong info for over a year or two.... BUT HEY, CHARGEBACK CAN GET YOU BANNED... OH AND THEY DON'T THINK WE'RE LAWYERS

So... what has been done here its illegal, or am i wrong?

good question. whether this is a confidence scam or not. from my understanding of the law in california (where ping'ing says the server is) it's not illegal but im not a lawyer.

any lawyers wanna chime in?

also can we have a conversation about this decision not to inform people of how the shiny rate works? i mean sure botters could use this to make their bots work better, but it's not like this information will help them avoid the bot detection. would "this is how to min/max you chances at finding a shiny" be the difference between a botter deciding to bot or not bot? no because they are going to do it anyways. we min/max ev training, leveling up, and all kinds of grinding in pokemmo. why should shinys be this great mystery we arent allowed to know anything about?

No, false advertising isn't a thing when the advertising is for the imaginary credits known as reward points. You can't sue them for your reward points back in a court of law, and you didn't buy those points, you donated to them and were rewarded them.

So from what I'm gathering from reading through this thread (minus the super long status posts) is that the devs seriously decreased the shiny encounter rate and didn't tell anyone. And not only was it decreased, but it changes based on each player, which we were obviously uninformed about because they don't want anybody figuring out the system as a way to increase shiny chances. This is what we're mad about, right?

No, false advertising isn't a thing when the advertising is for the imaginary credits known as reward points. You can't sue them for your reward points back in a court of law, and you didn't buy those points, you donated to them and were rewarded them.

so thats what its all about, friggin clever bastards

woooowwww I better get a refund or theres gonna b some problems, i have donated 3 times and never encountered a shiny during that period of time. This a seriouse problem, i demand a fix or compensation for it.....

So from what I'm gathering from reading through this thread (minus the super long status posts) is that the devs seriously decreased the shiny encounter rate and didn't tell anyone. And not only was it decreased, but it changes based on each player, which we were obviously uninformed about because they don't want anybody figuring out the system as a way to increase shiny chances. This is what we're mad about, right?

753773d1358408534-ebay-rockshox-revelati

I think the big takeaway from this is that the devs LOVE to see us grind. I started playing in 2012, and over the course of this game, they have just made everything harder to do. It's understandable because it's an MMO, but it's a constant battle of insanely boring grinding to get something small. Shinies are no different, you just have to grind even more to get them. Reasons like this are why I stopped playing for a year, and now that I came back, I'm starting to realize why I left. It's a shame, really. Grinding for a shiny, which is extremely tedious and boring in the regular games, is now even harder, takes longer, and is ultimately more boring than before. These are the reasons people quit playing this game, and something should be done about it.

meh i dont get all the drama, mainly just a confirmation of what we already knew for a long time.

and yeah we need modified shiny rates in an mmo environment, only bad thing is that it was lied about all the time. but well, dunno if thats worth all the drama here now.

fuck me, right?

Edited by Quakkz

So I just read through all of this and I have to just say one thing: Listing the donator status option in the FAQ as 1/7,373, or whatever it was, but not alerting the community that this was not true is just beyond me. This is real money you were taking from real people under false pretenses. Sure you can fall back on the case that donator status was still "10%" better than whatever the fucking shiny rate was, but in truth that doesn't matter. People really thought they had a chance to get a shiny when in fact they probably didn't because their committed behavior was taken for "potential botting". 

I don't even want to begin to understand where this logic came from. This is some shady shit and I'm almost ashamed to have donated myself. Consider that over, as I'm sure countless other players will no longer be wandering in your "gift shop". 

inb4 they release all the fucking hats we ever wanted just to get us to spend money again.

Fucking disgusting. 

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating' etc. A lot of the RNG for drops you encounter in the game is tailored in this format to combat cheating.

No, we can't tell you what the modifiers are. But receiving nothing after 40k encounters is pretty suspect and since people are reporting it's a common occurrence I'll take a look.

Moderators and Game Masters won't usually be able to answer your questions for anything that isn't public knowledge and they sure as hell won't touch a thread full of pissy people. On that note, I've updated the FAQ  for next update so it's no longer misleading.

I would rather have the vanilla mechanics than no shiny. As of right now money grinding is mucher faster than hunting shiny pokemons which is indeed lame for us shiny hunters imo.

I've red every post in this thread and I arrived to one conclusion: Thank you PokeMMO community. I'm 1 month away from my vacations and was thinking to pay a donator status and look for a shiny most part of the time in my free time.

Obviously I won't pay for anything. I don't like to be scammed or lied, thanks. If I won't get a shiny anyways, I'd rather prefer don't pay any cent for it.

Shame.