Worried. (Shiny encounter rate)

noobihol

That's why the new kids always get the nice stuff, time to hunt on new accounts boys

i got close to 5k hours on my many accounts then started a new alt and found a shiny in 27 hours

It has to be the other way around, Older people have a bigger chance. Can't see any reason why noobs should be rewarded for being noobs

see above

I understand people feel hurt because they feel like they have been lied to. It's pretty natural. But keep in mind that vanilla mechanics do not make sense for an MMO when it comes to rarity. From a game design standpoint the shiny encounter mechanics straying from the handhelds makes perfect sense. I know for me Shinys remaining rare is a priority, although I can see it being different for others.

The devs of this game are never going to be 100% transparent with everything they do or try and that is their right as game developers. It's not exactly personal either, they're working to make a Pokemon MMO that does well for itself, not give away their mechanics and progress.

Does anyone like being "lied" to? No. It doesn't feel nice but feelings aside it makes the most logical sense for the rate and/or mechanics to not mimic the handhelds. I think everyone here knows that, although newbies in game most likely don't.

I feel pretty neutral to it either way though. Not saying anyone should or should not be angry. Just something to ponder.

i think people are upset about it not being in the change log not that it was changed.

also since today is come clean day, 

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating' etc. A lot of the RNG for drops you encounter in the game is tailored in this format to combat cheat

what was this static amount? has the static amount ever changed before this new method was implemented? 

pls respond

To try and stay positive; at least kyu has acknowledged that the rates at the moment are pretty much broken. He said that not finding one in 40k+ encounters isnt right, so hopefully there will be changes for the better. As someone with nearly 4k hours since my last shiny its a relief.

I hope maybe this backlash will make them realize the issue with lying like this, and maybe they csn keep us properly updated. This game is in alpha, we should be told more clearly what changes are made so we can more properly spot "bugs" like this

I gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed that we've all been lied to for so long about shiny encounter rates.

I'd talk about how it's not right to reward noobs for being new and stuff like that, but that's all been addressed.

This is my main point that I want to bring up. Okay, we've been duped all this time and shiny rates were never set in stone. The thing is you don't even APPEAR to be sorry about it. Mistakes were made, yes. People were lied to and duped for years, yes. But is there remorse? No, there's nothing being done aside from what SHOULD have been done a long time ago.

So overall, I'm mad. And it's not just me; it's basically the whole community. I wonder what will happen if this crap happens again; how will people react?

There is no weighting in favour of new players. Make the girls cute though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"It's not that new players have a boost, it's just regular players having their chances decreased " is this what you're trying to say?

Sorry but i don't believe this.

Most shinies i've seen were found by new players, and it's not just me. You already admitted that how new you are has an influence too.

I'm just kind of upset that the system that will either let you receive a shiny or not is bias. All I want is a fair system based on numbers and not too much of me, the person playing. I mean I would never try to cheat or be bad. But if the system sees you constantly running around and encountering..it will think you are botting. If you have a couple more accounts but never more than 1 on 1 computer and you play them all, the system will still think you are cheating. It is sad. 

But ya, hopefully you(the Devs) will make some good changes on this :) I will be glad to see that. Love this game still and looking forward to more improvements. Mb just some more communication and fairness on your part. Thank you!

I'm just kind of upset that the system that will either let you receive a shiny or not is bias. All I want is a fair system based on numbers and not too much of me, the person playing. I mean I would never try to cheat or be bad. But if the system sees you constantly running around and encountering..it will think you are botting. If you have a couple more accounts but never more than 1 on 1 computer and you play them all, the system will still think you are cheating. It is sad. 

But ya, hopefully you(the Devs) will make some good changes on this :) I will be glad to see that. Love this game still and looking forward to more improvements. Mb just some more communication and fairness on your part. Thank you!

Yeh, i can't even count all the captchas i got back in icefall cave (prolly less than 20 tbh).