Worried. (Shiny encounter rate)

noobihol

if you find a shiny early, you're more likely to stay and keep paying for donator status, especially with that highly alluring "1/7373" language in there.

I'm legitimately curious how much less donator money would have rolled in without the 1/7373 language

[spoiler]<01:55:20> "ThinkNice": this is such a mess
<01:55:21> "Senile": the explanation explains why shiny starters are so rare
<01:55:27> "Senile": your chance of finding a shiny is lower if you're new
<01:55:27> "Senile": lmao
<01:55:34> "ThinkNice": I don't think it's lower
<01:55:38> "ThinkNice": I actually think its higher
<01:55:51> "ThinkNice": which is why you have an influx of shiny encounters at each new update with new content
<01:56:07> "ThinkNice": because people with almost no hours play again to play the new stuff
<01:56:13> "Senile": I mean, based on stuff like that, that assertion would make sense
<01:56:14> "Senile": but
<01:56:33> "Senile": why would they buff shiny encounter rate for new players? It'd literally only make sense to lower it to combat botting
<01:56:47> "ThinkNice": to make them keep playing
<01:56:51> "ThinkNice": it makes perfect sense
<01:57:00> "Senile": But they don't care if players keep playing
<01:57:18> "ThinkNice": maybe we dont know, its extra income for them
<01:57:34> "Senile": They've said themselves, they get most of their money from le casulz
<01:57:38> "ThinkNice": I talked about this with Josh before I think
<01:57:53> "ThinkNice": and we did have a hypothesis that shiny encounters might be higher if youre new
<01:58:10> "Senile": I mean, the idea makes sense
<01:58:12> "ThinkNice": well with playing longer I dont mean 1000 hours
<01:58:25> "ThinkNice": they will still be casuals
<01:58:27> "Senile": I just don't understand why they'd add that from a developer perspective
<01:58:44> "ThinkNice": but they might be motivated to donate, motivated to tell their friends etc
<01:59:06> "Senile": True
<01:59:16> "Senile": I wouldn't be surprised if shiny rates changed based on your character name
<01:59:17> "Senile": lmao
<01:59:26> "ThinkNice": or >Male/Female
<01:59:29> "ThinkNice": we got our asnwer guys
<01:59:31> "Senile": lmao
<02:00:21> "Senile": there's less females, so they buff the chance of female characters to find shinies
<02:00:22> "Senile": genius
<02:01:29> "Senile": So shiny hunting confirmed literally counter-productive and pointless
<02:01:31> "ThinkNice": and attracting females means more potential edates
<02:01:37> "Senile": kek[/spoiler]

isnt it ironic that they have time to tamper with the rates on all of this but not implement miltolic and legendary pokes? like come on, you could have been doing something productive that the "community wanted and NEEDS" but now you have a community that doesn't trust you at all now. good job on that one. what other things have been only forced for $$$$$ purposes instead of growing the game like they say?

Edited by Excelimpulse

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Quoting Animal Farm, I like you.

Anyway, while the blatant lying and laid-back attitude about the situation came as a surprise, we all knew deep down that the shiny rate was bullshit; which is why so many volunteered to help prove that something wasn't quite adding up- thank you for that. This event right here pretty much shows the relationship that exists between the player base and staff right about now, and I hope to see improvement. Because if there isn't improvement, it won't only be the forum community that becomes upset- it will trickle down to the players who don't even know the forums exist.

I understand people feel hurt because they feel like they have been lied to. It's pretty natural. But keep in mind that vanilla mechanics do not make sense for an MMO when it comes to rarity. From a game design standpoint the shiny encounter mechanics straying from the handhelds makes perfect sense. I know for me Shinys remaining rare is a priority, although I can see it being different for others.

The devs of this game are never going to be 100% transparent with everything they do or try and that is their right as game developers. It's not exactly personal either, they're working to make a Pokemon MMO that does well for itself, not give away their mechanics and progress.

Does anyone like being "lied" to? No. It doesn't feel nice but feelings aside it makes the most logical sense for the rate and/or mechanics to not mimic the handhelds. I think everyone here knows that, although newbies in game most likely don't.

I feel pretty neutral to it either way though. Not saying anyone should or should not be angry. Just something to ponder.

I understand people feel hurt because they feel like they have been lied to. It's pretty natural. But keep in mind that vanilla mechanics do not make sense for an MMO when it comes to rarity. From a game design standpoint the shiny encounter mechanics straying from the handhelds makes perfect sense. I know for me Shinys remaining rare is a priority, although I can see it being different for others.

The devs of this game are never going to be 100% transparent with everything they do or try and that is their right as game developers. It's not exactly personal either, they're working to make a Pokemon MMO that does well for itself, not give away their mechanics and progress.

Does anyone like being "lied" to? No. It doesn't feel nice but feelings aside it makes the most logical sense for the rate and/or mechanics to not mimic the handhelds. I think everyone here knows that, although newbies in game most likely don't.

I feel pretty neutral to it either way though. Not saying anyone should or should not be angry. Just something to ponder.

Are you even relevant to this? Just something to ponder.

i think most people here have long accepted by now that the rate wasn't 1/8k, infact most people often mentioned the 1/32k, and were totally fine with that,

the problem here is devs lying about it for such a long time.

they lost any credibility they had left tbh