Worried. (Shiny encounter rate)

noobihol

also wtf is the 'how much we think you're cheating' supposed to mean?

if you think someones cheating you should ban, not mess around with shiny rates what teh actual fuck.

do you do that for every account? who decides this?

i know you won't answer this cause 'oh noes private info'.

Cheat metrics don't result in automatic bans because they're experimental. When we do start banning for them I'm sure you'll know with the waves of QQ.

Nobody is sitting at their desk deciding. When a rate is modified it's done on a per-player basis by the system, like almost everything else.

Didn't think to even mention it?

People(including me) paying donator for that 1/7k rate... you know?

Thanks..

I apologise for the out of date information. This is a situation we weren't really sure how to handle when we began to change things, and ignoring it wasn't the right way to do so.

Edited by Kyu

Cheat metrics don't result in automatic bans because they're experimental. When we do start banning for them I'm sure you'll know with the waves of QQ.

Nobody is sitting at their desk deciding. When a rate is modified it's done on a per-player basis by the system, like almost everything else.

So the more I no life for a shiny, the more this variable thinks I'm a bot and the less likely I'm going to get a shiny?

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating'  'If you are male or female' etc

added the biggest factor for you Kyu, no need to thank me got your back bruh

i just can't get over you casually dropping this info after literally countless of threads & players asking wtf is up.

you rlly outdid yourself this time, also why now, cause some people are actually calcing & counting encounters?

holy shiet man this looks so bad on you guys.

yeah pretty much think so

<02:02:19> "Senile": Never forget the most imporant part
<02:02:41> "ThinkNice": idk why they told us now
<02:02:44> "ThinkNice": I guess they were afraid
<02:02:57> "ThinkNice": of us getting a very low number with the experiment anyway
<02:03:03> "ThinkNice": and they couldnt exactly stop it from happening
<02:03:56> "ThinkNice": imma see who is on the poke ts
<02:04:15> "Senile": like nobody
<02:04:18> "ThinkNice": lel all the staff is hidden

I apologise for the out of date information. This is a situation we weren't really sure how to handle when we began to change things, and ignoring it wasn't the right way to do so.

No.. I don't accept your apology..

[spoiler]Make my next encounter a shiny(Account name:KaynineXL) and I'l think about it..[/spoiler]

Edited by KaynineXL

I mean Kyu, this is really surprising even for me that I've been almost every time on your side (staff), if this is true you gotta say what are the EXACT differences between donator status or normal status about shiny hunt or people will stop donating at all since I think this is one of the more important factors to donate for some people and that can't be a good thing.

I mean Kyu, this is really surprising even for me that I've been almost every time on your side (staff), if this is true you gotta say what are the EXACT differences between donator status or normal status about shiny hunt or people will stop donating at all since I think this is one of the more important factors to donate for some people and that can't be a good thing.

The few times I donated before I quit, I only got it thinking the 1/8600 or w/e rate was active.

f46607405db1ab1538110ec8404b5106.png
It says here my odds of receiving a shiny will be 1/7373 with donator.

On that note, I've updated the FAQ  for next update so it's no longer misleading.

pls this subject has been brought up over and over and over, and as kyu stated the shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year.

and it's not like you guys just forgot to update the FAQ, since you just blatantly lied and directed us to the FAQ in previous threads.

It has to be the other way around, Older people have a bigger chance. Can't see any reason why noobs should be rewarded for being noobs

if you find a shiny early, you're more likely to stay and keep paying for donator status, especially with that highly alluring "1/7373" language in there.

I'm legitimately curious how much less donator money would have rolled in without the 1/7373 language