Worried. (Shiny encounter rate)

noobihol

Let's make a huge experiment to prove them wrong. Although that would require a ton of time and coordination to be succesful...

Was thinking of that but in the end can we actually 'proof;  it. Even if we have our proof they can dismiss it by saying the numbers are made up and can't be proven to not be without an ingame encounter counter.

You want some data? I've been counting my encounters since breeding was disabled pre update....The number isn't really accurate since some times i didn't count pokes ( so the number of encounters i actually higher that what i have right know )

To date:  21692 encounters

This doesn't consider breeded pokes after the update, and as said it's inaccurate since some times i didn't had my phone ( using a counter there ) at hand...Guess how many shinies i got

You want some data? I've been counting my encounters since breeding was disabled pre update....The number isn't really accurate since some times i didn't count pokes ( so the number of encounters i actually higher that what i have right know )

This doesn't consider breeded pokes after the update, and as said it's inaccurate since some times i didn't had my phone ( using a counter there ) at hand...Guess how many shinies i got

you encountered 2,5 shinies? So 2 shinies and a seel

This (assuming you got zero shinies), along with OP's and PBC's posts, are all hypothesis tests that dismiss the encounter rate being 1/8192 with a significance level better than 1%. What I want to do is trying to estimate the actual encounter rate, and run a hypothesis test on that. It would be an immense amount of work, but it would "prove" what the actual encounter rate is, which is what people want to know.

This (assuming you got zero shinies), along with OP's and PBC's posts, are all hypothesis tests that dismiss the encounter rate being 1/8192 with a significance level better than 1%. What I want to do is trying to estimate the actual encounter rate, and run a hypothesis test on that. It would be an immense amount of work, but it would "prove" what the actual encounter rate is, which is what people want to know.

Yup it's 0 shinies.

I got my 2 OT in early 2013, think Slowpoke was found around april 2013 or something like that....since then even tho i've more or less been quite active in game i got no OT 

if you need, i can restart the counter to make it more accurate, but will have to wait till my exams are done

So after circa 40.000 encounters, I am getting a little worried that the encounter rate for shinies aren't 1/8192 at all. I honestly hope that it's my luck and the game moderators aren't hiding something from us. I bought donator status aswell which should technically increase the chances from 1/8192 to 1/7373.

40000 / 8192 = 4.88281 shinies found according to the possibillities. I might just be a "little" unlucky.

Can we get a confirmation that the shiny rate is indeed 1/8192 by a game developer?

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating' etc. A lot of the RNG for drops you encounter in the game is tailored in this format to combat cheating.

No, we can't tell you what the modifiers are. But receiving nothing after 40k encounters is pretty suspect and since people are reporting it's a common occurrence I'll take a look.

Conclusion: PokeMMO moderators(game developers) are waiting for the perfect moment to tell us.

Moderators and Game Masters won't usually be able to answer your questions for anything that isn't public knowledge and they sure as hell won't touch a thread full of pissy people. On that note, I've updated the FAQ  for next update so it's no longer misleading.

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating' etc. A lot of the RNG for drops you encounter in the game is tailored in this format to combat cheating.

No, we can't tell you what the modifiers are. But receiving nothing after 40k encounters is pretty suspect and since people are reporting it's a common occurrence I'll take a look.

Moderators and Game Masters won't usually be able to answer your questions for anything that isn't public knowledge and they sure as hell won't touch a thread full of pissy people. On that note, I've updated the FAQ  for next update so it's no longer misleading.

Ty

Seriously though?

That's gotta be troll...

please tell me this is troll..

Edited by KaynineXL

Seriously though?

That's gotta be troll...

please tell me this is troll..

If it isn't I don't think anybody should be donating for something which doesn't work in the way which they said it does.

also wtf is the 'how much we think you're cheating' supposed to mean?

if you think someones cheating you should ban, not mess around with shiny rates what teh actual fuck.

do you do that for every account? who decides this?

i know you won't answer this cause 'oh noes private info'.

I mean, does this come as a shock really?

i didn't have high hopes but this answer still shocked me yes