The PokeMMO Summer Ball (5th July - 6th September)

MMAp1cF.png

The PokeMMO Summer Ball

This is a 10 week Underused tournament series. Players will get the chance to win tickets to the coveted Summer Ball finale where they will battle it out for the grand prize. 

Schedule:

05/07 - 1st Qualifier

12/07 - 2nd Qualifier

19/07 - 3rd Qualifier

26/07 - 4th Qualifier

02/08 - 5th Qualifier

09/08 - 6th Qualifier

16/08 - 7th Qualifier

23/08 - 8th Qualifier

30/08 - Reserves tournament

06/09 - Finals

Players who come first and second in the qualifying tournaments will win a guaranteed invite to the ball, there will also be a battle for third place where the winner will be awarded with a reserve invite. 

The qualifying tournaments will be 32 man Single Elimination 6v6 UU.

The Championship Finals will be 16 man Double Elimination 6v6 UU.

Reserve ticket holders will battle in the ninth week to decide the order of the reserves, that will be a round robin format tournament. 

The prize for every qualifier will be a choice between:

1,000,000 Pokeyen, 20,000 Battle Points or 1000 Reward Points and a personalised signature (courtesy of Darkshade):

The prize for the reserves tournament will be 500 Reward Points.

Registration for the Qualifiers:

Registration for the Qualifiers will still take place 10 minutes before the tournament starts, however this time players will be able to win themselves a place in the bracket for the next qualifier if they miss out on the first 32 spaces. After the first 32 slots are filled I will note down the names of the next 10 players who signed up and they will automatically win a place in the following week's bracket. Anyone from that list not present at the next tournament will be replaced with the next eligible registration in the sign up thread.

Due to the popularity of the last tournament series we will not be allowing players who already have an invite to participate in the subsequent qualifiers. This does not include RESERVE invite holders.

Prizes for the PokeMMO Summer Ball Finale:

1st Place 

Any one of the winner's UU competitive Pokemon turned into a GIFT shinyAND 40,000 Battle Points.

2nd Place

houndoom.gif

Competitive GIFT shiny Houndoom (Your choice of nature and 25/25/25/25/25/31 IVs) AND 20,000 Battle Points.

3rd Place

altaria.gif

Competitive GIFT shiny Altaria (Your choice of nature and 25/25/25/25/25/31 IVs) AND 10,000 Battle Points.

*Important: The winner will be allowed to select their shiny from the Official UU tier list that is active at the time of the finals on 6th September. Pokemon from the OU, BL and NU tier list are not eligible. There are no limits to the IVs / Nature / Moveset of the Pokemon you choose to make shiny from your UU competitive collection. Below is the current UU tier list but please be aware this is subject to change before to final. 
[spoiler]

Altaria

Azumarill

Breloom

Charizard

Claydol

Clefable

Crawdaunt

Donphan

Exeggutor

Granbull

Hitmonlee

Houndoom

Hypno

Jynx

Kangaskhan

Kingler

Lanturn

Manectric

Omastar

Quagsire

Scizor

Slowking

Steelix

Swellow

Tentacruel

Vileplume

[/spoiler]

This thread has been created for any questions you may have regarding this event so feel free to ask them.
See you all for the first qualifier on 5th July!

Summer Ball Invite Holders

FABBROoo
Fabbrooo_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

Raaidn
Raaidn_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

JuniorColque
Junior_Colque_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline

DoubleJ
Double_J_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

Frags
Frags_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

overToasted
Over_Toasted_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.

DestructX
Destruct_X_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gi

Arimanius
Arimanius_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

DarkCeGn
Dark_Cegn_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

BurntZebra
Burnt_Zebra_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.g

NikhilR
Nikhil_R_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

Schuchty
Schuchty_Summer_Ball_Invite_Outline.gif

>UU

I actually wanted to dance with someone though

i used to teach swing dancing here are some good vids if you want to learn

[spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoP0u_R3QShjyUHz0YSxY-Q

[/spoiler]

few question about event.

does first prize have to be UU? or any pokemon?

any way the winners could get the sig underneath their real sigs like with the various tier councils?

Edited by fredrichnietze

i used to teach swing dancing here are some good vids if you want to learn

[spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoP0u_R3QShjyUHz0YSxY-Q

[/spoiler]

few question about event.

any way the winners could get the sig underneath their real sigs like with the various tier councils?

I detailed the prizes in the OP so you should give that a good ol' read.

Yes I will put the signatures onto the invite winner's account so it can be on there with their existing one.

1st Place 

Any one of the winner's UU competitive Pokemon turned into a GIFT shinyAND 40,000 Battle Points.

*Important: The winner will be allowed to select their shiny from the Official UU tier list that is active at the time of the finals on 6th September. Pokemon from the OU, BL, BL2 and NU tier list are not eligible. 

bruh

Uhhh how do pokes in NU not qualify? Technically they are UU, they just aren't above the cut-off.

Because anyone can say "oh I want a Mudkip it is technically UU" - this way the players have a choice of literally the most viable UU Pokemon available (by usage) that they can use and show off in the future. It's a UU tournament so I want the winner to have something that represents the tier.

sooo does it have to specifically from the UU list, or can we be cheeky and pick an NU NFE poke ? :^)

This is all explained in the OP ~

I detailed the prizes in the OP so you should give that a good ol' read.

Yes I will put the signatures onto the invite winner's account so it can be on there with their existing one.

if someone where to win say 2 or 3 invites would they have 2-3 sigs? or just one? also will these sigs be there forever? if so date + link to bracket included would be awesome.

bruh

it was not there when i asked brah

Because anyone can say "oh I want a Mudkip it is technically UU" - this way the players have a choice of literally the most viable UU Pokemon available (by usage) that they can use and show off in the future. It's a UU tournament so I want the winner to have something that represents the tier. 

Damn you caught me.

Damn you caught me.

I'm not trying to rip you guys off or anything, I promise. ;) It's just this series means a lot to me and I have put a lot of pride and effort into planning every detail to (hopefully) make it perfect for you all. It really means a lot for me to see the winner get something that he can use in future UU officials and be like "Yeah look at me I am officially the best." Also remember that no moveset / hidden power / IVs combination is out of bounds so make sure you go all out. :)

I'm not trying to rip you guys off or anything, I promise. ;) It's just this series means a lot to me and I have put a lot of pride and effort into planning every detail to (hopefully) make it perfect for you all. It really means a lot for me to see the winner get something that he can use in future UU officials and be like "Yeah look at me I am officially the best." Also remember that no moveset / hidden power / IVs combination is out of bounds so make sure you go all out. :)

What if my aggron just carries me to a win though? I don't wanna have to have a difficult conversation with him that he's "not used enough" to be shiny. It'll break the poor thing's heart, noad :(