[Denied]EV training with braces

When I saw that the breeding braces were implemented however long ago it was, it immediately reminded me of the Power items from gen IV, such as the Power Weight, Power Bracer etc.

Would it be possible to implement this effect with the breeding braces, so that they have other uses? 

This is probably a stretch, but it would really save time on EV training, which is arguably one of the biggest grinds in pokeMMO. And it's not even a huge gain, with 2 EVs per kill changing to 5 EVs (assuming the target drops 1 EV), so aside from the braces being perhaps a touch cheap with this included, I can't see any real downside.

Thoughts?

I would support this, the Power Items actually give you +4 points on their respective stat every time you kill a pokemon.

The complicated part is that these items are gen 4, and using "fake" power items seems to be a bit too non-canon for the taste of the developpers. The power items would be loved by many if they get introduced, but they will not get implemented without the entire range of gen 4 items.

I do like your suggestion, and ev training really needs an improvement. I hope they will work their way around it.

I would support this, the Power Items actually give you +4 points on their respective stat every time you kill a pokemon.

The complicated part is that these items are gen 4, and using "fake" power items seems to be a bit too non-canon for the taste of the developpers. The power items would be loved by many if they get introduced, but they will not get implemented without the entire range of gen 4 items.

I do like your suggestion, and ev training really needs an improvement. I hope they will work their way around it.

What if we give the breeding braces the additional effect of power items when held?

What if we give the breeding braces the additional effect of power items when held?

This is more or less what I had in mind. The gen 4 thing would make things difficult, like OldKeith noted, but if there was a viable means of making EV training easier, I reckon this would be one of the simpler solutions. 

what if they held a certain amount of charges? Like once they gave 100 EVs they degrade to dust?

Would be kinda cheaty, use it till it hits 95 or w/e, then unequip it and breed with it. It would also be required to either have some kind of unique id for each # of uses its had, so it doesn't stack with others of the same item and reset its value, or simply break when unequipping which could be a pain in itself if you put a bracer on the wrong thing.

Would be kinda cheaty, use it till it hits 95 or w/e, then unequip it and breed with it. It would also be required to either have some kind of unique id for each # of uses its had, so it doesn't stack with others of the same item and reset its value, or simply break when unequipping which could be a pain in itself if you put a bracer on the wrong thing.

How about making a consumable item (not held) that boosts the amount or EVs gained? The only problem I see is that ppl will use it with Macho Brace, maybe make it non-stackable?

what if they held a certain amount of charges? Like once they gave 100 EVs they degrade to dust?

Nah, this is a bad idea. Just make them expensive and not consumable.

Overall, I would LOVE to see these implemented. Pokemmo has an insane amount of boring grinding. Pretty much anything the lessens the amount to grind is appreciated.