PokeMMO Team Building Challenge #2 (Entries accepted 20th June - 27th June)

not including natures, even more lack of fear

I noticed that as well, but the i looked back at the entry format:

<Pokemon 1 name>

Ability

EV Spread:

Held Item:

- Move slot 1

- Move slot 2

- Move slot 3

- Move slot 4

Nature, surprisingly, does not seem mandatory. So i guess it is fine the way he did it.

My goal with this challenge was to provide a different strategy for each Elite Four member to confuse and annoy opponents, hopefully with the types and teams I have chosen each battle would be a challenge.

Lorelei: Monotype Ground

"Welcome to Pokémon League! I am Lorelei of the Elite Four! Too many people bested me when it came to Ice type pokemon so I decided it was time for a change! Your Pokémon will be at my mercy with my Earth shattering moves! Hahahaha! Are you ready?".

[Spoiler]

Explanation: For Lorelei I wanted to start off with a balanced team designed to poke holes in the enemies fresh fully healed team, Ground type seemed like the logical choice to start with its vast coverage and respectable resistances

Strategy: Slowly tear apart the opponents team with Dugtrio and wear them down with the 4 pokemon defensive core, Whiscash as the endgame sweeper to mop up the battle.

Dugtrio

Ability: Arena Trap

EV Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 hp

Held Item: Choice Band

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Aerial Ace

- Pursuit

Dugtrio is my teams choice for a lead and trapper, Arena Trap combined with Pursuit means that nothing slower than Dugtrio can escape without taking damage. Earthquake and Rock Slide provide the standard damage dealing moves hitting everything bar Flygon, Claydol and Breloom for super effective damage, Aerial Ace ohkos Breloom and Pursuit turns the likes of Gengar and Xatu into revive bait. The spread is the standard 252 attack 252 speed designed for outspeeding base 110s whilst delivering the maximum amount of damage.

Flygon

Levitate

EV Spread: 252 hp, 136 speed, 120 defense

Held Item: Leftovers

Impish Nature

- Earthquake

- Substitute

- Toxic

- Rock Slide

Flygon is the first part of my teams 4 pokemon defensive core, Levitate coupled with its dragon typing means that Water and Grass type attacks are both neutral to Flygon whilst giving it a great immunity to Ground moves. Earthquake and Rock Slide provide Flygon with decent coverage across the board and Toxic is the answer to Bulky Waters and Flying types. The spread gives Flygon the outspeed on Breloom 100% of the time allowing a substitute to be used before Spore, whilst also giving useful outspeeds on Adamant Heracross, Adamant Gyarados, Adamant Dragonite and maximum speed Tyranitar before boosting. The rest is put into hp and then defense to provide maximum physical bulk for tanking hits

Quagsire

Ability: Water Absorb

EV Spread: 252 hp, 252 spdef, 4 def

Sassy Nature

- Earthquake

- Ice Beam

- Recover

- Curse

Quagsire is my teams first special tank, Water Absorb is a fantastic ability to have on a monotype Ground team as it immediately makes Grounds most common weakness negligible. Ice Beam provides good synergy with Earthquake to remove all Flying types from the game allowing Curse boosted Earthquakes to sweep through. Recover is preferred to Rest due to its more reliable recovery despite making Quagsire a status target. A 252 hp and 252 spdef spread with a Sassy Nature allows Quagsire to eat up special hits for the rest of the team.

Camerupt

Ability: Magma Armor

EV Spread: 108 hp, 172 attack, 228 spdef

Brave Nature

- Fire Blast

- Earthquake

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Camerupt is my teams second special tank, Ground Fire provides fantastic coverage being resisted by only a handful of Pokemon such as Salamence, Charizard, Gyarados and Flygon (all of which are conveniently dealt with by Flygon or Quagsire). Rest Sleep Talk is the last two moves on the set that allow Camerupt to soak up status and remain healthy throughout the battle. The spread gives Camerupt OHKO power on defensively weak pokemon and the vast majority of Grass and Bug types with the hp and spdef investment making Camerupt an apt absorber of Grass and Ice attacks that would threaten the rest of the team.

Steelix

Ability: Rock Head

EV Spread: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 speed

Impish Nature

- Iron Tail

- Roar

- Earthquake

- Explosion

Steelix is my teams physical wall and the last part of the 4 pokemon core, with a monstrous defense stat and a slightly subpar hp stat Steelix is given quite enough to soak even the most powerful physical attacks. Iron Tail and Earthquake are the two stab attacks with Roar for phasing boosters and Explosion for when something gets too out of hand. The spread is a standard 252 hp, 252 def for the best physical soaking potential.

Whiscash

Ability: Oblivious

EV Spread: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

Held Item: Lum Berry

Adamant Nature

- Waterfall

- Earthquake

- Dragon Dance

- Return

Whiscash is my teams endgame sweeper, with decent bulk, an average offense and access to Dragon Dance Whiscash is the perfect choice for a Ground mono sweeper. Waterfall, Earthquake and Return combine to hit everything in the game for at least neutral damage. The spread is simple, maximum attack and speed to make the most of a Dragon Dance boost.

[/spoiler]

Bruno: Monotype Flying

"Through rigorous training, people and Pokémon can become stronger! I weight trained with my Fighting Pokémon for years only to see them constantly lose their gains and overeat, I knew it was time for a change, I am Bruno of the Elite Four and its time for my Pokemon to soar!".

[spoiler]

Explanation: For Bruno I wanted to move away from the wear and tear strategy used by Lorelei and opted for something a bit more aggressive, monotype Flying provided the perfect follow up to monotype Ground with its fast, hard hitting style of play

Strategy: Hit hard and fast, play around the opponents heavy damage dealers with type resistances whilst picking pokemon off with Salamence and Aerodactyl, Mantine as the close game sweeper

Salamence

Ability: Intimidate

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Claw

- Brick Break

- Earthquake

- Aerial Ace

Salamence is my lead for the instant intimidate onto the opposing pokemon and the sheer power of its hits behind a choice band. Dragon Claw is the obligatory stab move hitting anything without steel typing for heavy damage, Brick Break and Earthquake are both in to mess around with any steel types with Aerial Ace rounding out the coverage dealing super effective damage to Grass, Fighting and Bug types. The spread is a standard 252 attack 252 speed with Adamant nature for those monstrous hits right off the start.

Charizard

Ability: Blaze

EV Spread: 252 hp, 108 attack, 40 spdef, 108 speed

Held Item: Chesto Berry

Careful Nature

- Fire Punch

- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Dance

- Rest

Charizard is my Jolteon check along with doing a decent job soaking ice attacks should all else fail, Jolteon with hidden power ice has the full potential to sweep my entire team back to front should Aerodactyl lose the speedtie. Fire Punch and Dragon Claw are the coverage moves resisted by nothing currently in the game. The spread allows Charizard to boost up once with dragon dance whilst surviving a timid jolteon thunderbolt 100% of the time, which then ohkos the following turn with a blaze boosted Fire Punch, chesto rest is included for a one time only full recovery after taking heavy damage.

Jumpluff
Ability: Chlorophyll
EV Spread: 252 hp, 252 speed, 4 sp def

Timid Nature

- Sleep Powder

- Leech Seed

- Giga Drain

- Stun Spore

Jumpluff is my teams annoyer, Sleep Powder and Leech Seed force the switches who then eat a Stun Spore to the face. The spread has nothing too special about it, 252 speed and a timid nature allow speedties with the base 110 pokemon whilst giving maximum investment into hp for bulk, Giga Drain is merely a filler move for a little bit of recovery and serves no purpose worthy of any investment

Skarmory

Ability: Keen Eye

Impish Nature

- Drill Peck

- Rest

- Steel Wing

- Whirlwind

Skarmory is my teams physical wall and answer to rock slides directed at the rest of the team, Drill Peck and Steel Wing allow me to deal with both fighting and rock types, Rest allows me to heal up and allows me to continue tanking physical hits with Whirlwind rounding out the moveset for phasing any boosters. The spread is a standard 252 hp, 252 defense to deal with physical attackers efficiently.

Aerodactyl

Jolly Nature

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

- Pursuit

- Double Edge

Aerodactyl is my trapper and Revenge Killer, Rock Slide and Earthquake have almost perfect synergy being resisted only by Flygon, Claydol and Breloom, two of which are dealt with comfortably by Pursuit and Double Edge. A 252 attack 252 speed spread gives Aerodactyl maximum firepower with a 50/50 chance at taking down Jolteon in speed ties.

Mantine

Ability: Swift Swim

EV Spread: 252 spatk, 84 speed, 172 hp

Held Item: Petaya Berry

Modest Nature

- Hydro Pump

- Endure

- Rain Dance

- Ice Beam

Mantine is this teams special sweeper, the strategy with this pokemon is to switch it in against a bulky water or a pokemon that it can take a hit from and setup Rain Dance, on the following turn use Endure to prevent being KOd and to activate Petaya Berry and watch as a rain boosted + 1 hydro pump tears through the opposing team (with ice beam for grass types and quagsire). The spread gives Mantine the clear outspeed on everything bar Electrode and Ninjask after rain, maximum special attack for the nukes and 172 EVs are poured into hp for as much bulk as possible.

[/spoiler]

Agatha: Monotype Dark

"I am Agatha of the Elite Four! Noad's taken a lot of interest in you, child! That old duff was once tough and handsome! That was decades ago! Now she just wants to fiddle with her Eevee dog dolls! She is wrong! Eevee are cats and Pokemon are for battling! Ill show you how a master of the darkness fights!".

[spoiler]

Explanation: For Agatha I wanted to stray from the fairly traditional and safe picks of Water, Normal and Dragon and go for a more edgy Elite Four battle. The dark typing provided me with few options for pokemon but a perfect opportunity to implement a strategy capable of annoying all challengers expecting to roll through this fight.

Strategy: Annoy the opponent, spread status with Sableye or Houndoom and wear the opposing team down with Sandstorm damage and the Fire, Water, Grass combo. Pass Curse boosts to Tyranitar to blow some things up, play around team frailty with resistances and Sand Veil

Tyranitar

Ability: Sand Stream

EV Spread: 252 attack, 116 speed, 140 hp

Adamant Nature

- Rock Slide

- Crunch

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar is my lead purely because of its ability to provide Sandstorm in a battle, it immediately puts pressure on the opponent to end the battle quickly, its moveset and EV spread is designed around maintaining a strong offensive presence throughout the fight whilst also gaining some enjoyment from Umbreons curse boosts.

Sableye

Ability: Keen eye

EV Spread: 252 Hp, 40 Def, 208 spdef, 8 speed

Bold Nature

- Toxic

- Shadow Ball

- Recover

- Knock Off

Sableye was the obvious choice for an annoyer, and a much needed resistance for fighting moves. Toxic and knock off provide the tools for dealing with hard hitting physical attackers and walls alike, recover was preferred to rest as it is far more reliable and gives Sableye the sustain its defenses cannot provide. The EV spread is designed to take a physical hit allowing Sableye to reply with Toxic or Knock Off and recover the following turn, with the remainder of the EVs poured into Spdef for maximum bulk.

Umbreon (nickname: kitty)

Ability: Synchronize

EV Spread: 252 hp, 120 def, 136 spdef

Careful Nature

- Curse

- Baton Pass

- Wish

- Feint Attack

Umbreon is the defensive pivot of the team, Wish is preferred to moonlight as it provides support to the rest of the team without being weakened by sandstorms effects. Baton pass and Curse are the perfect combination of moves which allow slow bulky sweepers such as Tyranitar more possibilities to land KOs. Feint Attack is added in the last slot as a way for Umbreon to dish out damage whilst enjoying the effects of Curse. The EV spread is made to give Umbreon the best possibility of soaking hits when switching in and out with an emphasis on special bulk to add to its already impressive physical bulk after a Curse.

Cacturne

Ability: Sand Veil

EV Spread: 252 sp atk, 148 speed, 108 hp

Modest Nature

- Giga Drain

- Leech Seed

- Destiny Bond

- Hidden Power Fire

Cacturne is the beginning of my fire, water, grass core and arguably the one with the most synergy with the rest of the team. Its ability sand veil and resistances to Ground, Water and Grass attacks make it the perfect partner for Tyranitar. Giga Drain and Leech Seed are the first choices allowing Cacturne to wear down and stall out the opposing team, Hidden Power Fire is added as the best way to deal with opposing Steel, Grass and Bug types with Destiny bond rounding out the set as a way of taking something down with Cacturne. The spread allows me to get the jump on maximum speed Rhydon along with a whole host of bulky Waters such as Vaporeon, Ludicolo, Mantine, Lanturn and Walrein with the rest of the EVs maxed out in Spatk and put into HP

Houndoom

Ability: Flash Fire

EV Spread: 252 attack, 224 speed, 32 spa

Held Item:

Hasty Nature

- Overheat

- Crunch

- Hidden Power Electric

- Will'O'Wisp

The next member of my Fire, Water, Grass core is Houndoom. Houndoom is the fastest member of my team and is the second fastest Dark type available and as such is required for endgame sweeping. Overheat is the most powerful Fire type move and works perfectly on a mixed set, Crunch is my main physical stab and gives Houndoom a strong alternative to Overheat, Hidden Power Electric lets me deal with the bulky Water types which otherwise stop this set cold, Will'O'Wisp is the final move on the set to deal some damage to the likes of Rhydon, Golem and other bulky Pokemon. The spread is designed to provide Houndoom with maximum physical attack value without sacrificing its special attack and impressive speed.

Crawdaunt

Ability: Hyper Cutter

Jolly Nature

- Crabhammer

- Crunch

- Superpower

- Return

The final member of my team is Crawdaunt, Crawdaunt is my hardest hitter and as such Crabhammer is preferred to Waterfall for its high crit chance. Crunch provides the obligatory second stab with Superpower and Return rounding out coverage for things such as opposing Dark types and the bulky Normal types. The spread is a standard 252 attack 252 speed for the best value on its attacks whilst avoiding a defensive boost seeing as Crawdaunt is somewhat of a glass cannon.

[/spoiler]

Lance: Monotype Psychic

"Ah! I heard about you trainer, I lead the Elite Four! You can call me Lance the Psychic trainer! You know that I was once a dragon master! Dragons were hard to catch and raise, but their powers were superior! I destroyed weak trainers like you for years before the tier list council put them on the ban list! Can you believe it!? Its time for me to avenge my fallen Dragons!, your league challenge ends with me!"

[Spoiler]

Explanation: Finally for Lance I decided to try and make this the most difficult and challenging fight of the elite four, naturally monotype Psychic with its wide variety of pokemon was the best choice to form an aggressive tanky team.

Strategy: Immediately put opponent on the backfoot with Jynx, slowly pull apart the main threats with Wobbuffet and either use Starmie to setup a Metagross or Medicham sweep or use Exeggutor in the sun to blow things up.

Jynx

EV Spread: 252 spatk, 252 speed, 4 hp

Held Item: Scope Lens

Timid Nature

- Fake Out

- Lovely Kiss

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

Jynx is my teams chosen lead, being one of three Psychic pokemon that can learn fake out it was a tough choice who to select as my lead however Jynxs access to Lovely Kiss and his decent speed persuaded me to go for a punt with him. Fake Out and Lovely Kiss provide the immediate pressure on the opponent with Ice Beam and Psychic being selected for their high stab damage outputs. The spread is a standard 252 spatk, 252 speed with Scope Lens for the added crit chance.

Medicham

Ability: Pure Power

Adamant Nature

- High Jump Kick

- Ice Punch

- Thunderpunch

- Trick

Medicham is my teams first heavy damage dealer, between Pure Power, Choice Band and the maxed out attack stat Medicham hits like an absolute truck. Hi Jump Kick does heavy damage to anything except from Ghost pokemon, Ice  Punch deals with the annoying Grass/Poison duel types and Dragons, Thunderpunch is in to deal with the likes of Gyarados, Tentacruel, Mantine and Pelipper with Trick tacked on at the end to permanently cripple an opposing wall. The set is maxed in attack and speed to deal out the damage whilst not getting outsped by some of the slower tankier pokemon.

Starmie

Ability: Natural Cure

EV Spread: 252 hp, 216 speed, 40 spatk

Timid Nature

- Psychic

- Surf

- Recover

- Thunder Wave

Starmie is my teams first bulky pokemon, with access to recover and a fantastic ability that lets Starmie continuously soak status it acts as my check to many pokemon like Breloom, Gengar and Dusclops who all rely on some form of status. Thunder Wave is on the set to cut the opposing teams speed to allow my heavy hitters the chance to outspeed and OHKO opponents. Psychic and Surf provide the stab moves and have wide neutral coverage. The 216 speed EVs allow Starmie to barely outspeed the likes of Gengar, Tauros, Jumpluff and Espeon with the 252 hp there for some extra bulk, 40 evs into spatk allow Starmie to OHKO Gengar after minimal damage prior to the hit.

Exeggutor

EV Spread: 252 spatk, 204 speed, 52 hp

Modest Nature

- Solarbeam

- Sunny Day

- Hidden Power Fire

- Explosion

Exeggutor is my teams special sweeper and end game cleanup, Exeggutor behind Sunny Day becomes an absolute monster with access to Solarbeam and a sun boosted Hidden Power. Explosion is put on the set at the end to blow up an opposing special wall when Exeggutor is shut down. 204 speed evs give Exeggutor the outspeed on the entire meta bar Electrode and Ninjask when in sun, 252 spatk EVs and a Modest nature provide the largest damage output with the remainder of the EVs thrown into HP for bulk.

Wobbuffet

Ability: Shadow Tag

EV Spread: 252 defense, 252 spdef, 4 hp

Careful Nature

- Counter

- Mirror Coat

- Destiny Bond

- Encore

Wobbuffet is my teams second bulky pokemon, simply trap a choiced opponent or a pokemon without status and simply wait for them to hit you. Counter and Mirror Coat return all damage taken two fold, Destiny Bond gives Wobbuffet the opportunity to take something down with him and Encore allows Wobbuffet to lock an opposing pokemon into the same move over and over. The EV spread is given to maximize Wobbuffets low defenses and give his monstrous HP stat something to work with.

Metagross

Ability: Clear Body

EV Spread: 252 HP, 228 Atk, 12 Def, 16 Spatk

Brave Nature

- Meteor Mash

- Earthquake

- Psychic

- Hidden Power Fire

Metagross is my teams main Physical sweeper and Tank. Meteor Mash and Earthquake provide decent coverage, Psychic is on the set to provide a strong special output and Hidden Power Fire is chosen to deal with Skarmory who resists the other moves. 252 HP and 12 Def EVs allow Metagross to always survive an Adamant Choice Band Dugtrios Earthquake. 228 Atk gives Metagross a strong Meteor Mash on anything that switches in with 16 Spatk EVs given to guarantee a 2HKO on Defensive Skarmory after switching in on a hit.

[/Spoiler]

Edited by DoctorPBC

My goal with this challenge was to provide a different strategy for each Elite Four member to confuse and annoy opponents, hopefully with the types and teams I have chosen each battle would be a challenge.

Lorelei: Monotype Ground
"Welcome to Pokémon League! I am Lorelei of the Elite Four! Too many people bested me when it came to Ice type pokemon so I decided it was time for a change! Your Pokémon will be at my mercy with my Earth shattering moves! Hahahaha! Are you ready?".

[Spoiler]

Explanation: For Lorelei I wanted to start off with a balanced team designed to poke holes in the enemies fresh fully healed team, Ground type seemed like the logical choice to start with its vast coverage and respectable resistances

Strategy: Slowly tear apart the opponents team with Dugtrio and wear them down with the 4 pokemon defensive core, Whiscash as the endgame sweeper to mop up the battle.

Dugtrio
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit

Dugtrio is my teams choice for a lead and trapper, Arena Trap combined with Pursuit means that nothing slower than Dugtrio can escape without taking damage. Earthquake and Rock Slide provide the standard damage dealing moves hitting everything bar Flygon, Claydol and Breloom for super effective damage, Aerial Ace ohkos Breloom and Pursuit turns the likes of Gengar and Xatu into revive bait. The spread is the standard 252 attack 252 speed designed for outspeeding base 110s whilst delivering the maximum amount of damage.

Flygon
Levitate
EV Spread: 252 hp, 136 speed, 120 defense
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Flygon is the first part of my teams 4 pokemon defensive core, Levitate coupled with its dragon typing means that Water and Grass type attacks are both neutral to Flygon whilst giving it a great immunity to Ground moves. Earthquake and Rock Slide provide Flygon with decent coverage across the board and Toxic is the answer to Bulky Waters and Flying types. The spread gives Flygon the outspeed on Breloom 100% of the time allowing a substitute to be used before Spore, whilst also giving useful outspeeds on Adamant Heracross, Adamant Gyarados, Adamant Dragonite and maximum speed Tyranitar before boosting. The rest is put into hp and then defense to provide maximum physical bulk for tanking hits
Quagsire
EV Spread: 252 hp, 252 spdef, 4 def
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Curse

Quagsire is my teams first special tank, Water Absorb is a fantastic ability to have on a monotype Ground team as it immediately makes Grounds most common weakness negligible. Ice Beam provides good synergy with Earthquake to remove all Flying types from the game allowing Curse boosted Earthquakes to sweep through. Recover is preferred to Rest due to its more reliable recovery despite making Quagsire a status target. A 252 hp and 252 spdef spread with a Sassy Nature allows Quagsire to eat up special hits for the rest of the team.

Camerupt
Ability: Magma Armor
EV Spread: 108 hp, 172 attack, 228 spdef
Brave Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Camerupt is my teams second special tank, Ground Fire provides fantastic coverage being resisted by only a handful of Pokemon such as Salamence, Charizard, Gyarados and Flygon (all of which are conveniently dealt with by Flygon or Quagsire). Rest Sleep Talk is the last two moves on the set that allow Camerupt to soak up status and remain healthy throughout the battle. The spread gives Camerupt OHKO power on defensively weak pokemon and the vast majority of Grass and Bug types with the hp and spdef investment making Camerupt an apt absorber of Grass and Ice attacks that would threaten the rest of the team.

Steelix
Impish Nature
- Iron Tail
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Steelix is my teams physical wall and the last part of the 4 pokemon core, with a monstrous defense stat and a slightly subpar hp stat Steelix is given quite enough to soak even the most powerful physical attacks. Iron Tail and Earthquake are the two stab attacks with Roar for phasing boosters and Explosion for when something gets too out of hand. The spread is a standard 252 hp, 252 def for the best physical soaking potential.

Whiscash
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Return

Whiscash is my teams endgame sweeper, with decent bulk, an average offense and access to Dragon Dance Whiscash is the perfect choice for a Ground mono sweeper. Waterfall, Earthquake and Return combine to hit everything in the game for at least neutral damage. The spread is simple, maximum attack and speed to make the most of a Dragon Dance boost.

[/spoiler]

Bruno: Monotype Flying
"Through rigorous training, people and Pokémon can become stronger! I weight trained with my Fighting Pokémon for years only to see them constantly lose their gains and overeat, I knew it was time for a change, I am Bruno of the Elite Four and its time for my Pokemon to soar!".

[spoiler]

Explanation: For Bruno I wanted to move away from the wear and tear strategy used by Lorelei and opted for something a bit more aggressive, monotype Flying provided the perfect follow up to monotype Ground with its fast, hard hitting style of play

Strategy: Hit hard and fast, play around the opponents heavy damage dealers with type resistances whilst picking pokemon off with Salamence and Aerodactyl, Mantine as the close game sweeper

Salamence
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Air Cutter

Salamence is my lead for the instant intimidate onto the opposing pokemon and the sheer power of its hits behind a choice band. Dragon Claw is the obligatory stab move hitting anything without steel typing for heavy damage, Brick Break and Earthquake are both in to mess around with any steel types with Air Cutter rounding out the coverage dealing super effective damage to Grass, Fighting and Bug types. The spread is a standard 252 attack 252 speed with Adamant nature for those monstrous hits right off the start.
Charizard
Ability: Blaze
EV Spread: 252 hp, 108 attack, 40 spdef, 108 speed
Held Item: Chesto Berry
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Rest

Charizard is my Jolteon check along with doing a decent job soaking ice attacks should all else fail, Jolteon with hidden power ice has the full potential to sweep my entire team back to front should Aerodactyl lose the speedtie. Fire Punch and Dragon Claw are the coverage moves resisted by nothing currently in the game. The spread allows Charizard to boost up once with dragon dance whilst surviving a timid jolteon thunderbolt 100% of the time, which then ohkos the following turn with a blaze boosted Fire Punch, chesto rest is included for a one time only full recovery after taking heavy damage.
Jumpluff
EV Spread: 252 hp, 252 speed, 4 sp def

Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore

Jumpluff is my teams annoyer, Sleep Powder and Leech Seed force the switches who then eat a Stun Spore to the face. The spread has nothing too special about it, 252 speed and a timid nature allow speedties with the base 110 pokemon whilst giving maximum investment into hp for bulk, Giga Drain is merely a filler move for a little bit of recovery and serves no purpose worthy of any investment

Skarmory
Impish Nature
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Steel Wing
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is my teams physical wall and answer to rock slides directed at the rest of the team, Drill Peck and Steel Wing allow me to deal with both fighting and rock types, Rest allows me to heal up and allows me to continue tanking physical hits with Whirlwind rounding out the moveset for phasing any boosters. The spread is a standard 252 hp, 252 defense to deal with physical attackers efficiently.

Aerodactyl
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Double Edge

Aerodactyl is my trapper and Revenge Killer, Rock Slide and Earthquake have almost perfect synergy being resisted only by Flygon, Claydol and Breloom, two of which are dealt with comfortably by Pursuit and Double Edge. A 252 attack 252 speed spread gives Aerodactyl maximum firepower with a 50/50 chance at taking down Jolteon in speed ties.

Mantine
EV Spread: 252 spatk, 84 speed, 172 hp
Held Item: Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Endure
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam

Mantine is this teams special sweeper, the strategy with this pokemon is to switch it in against a bulky water or a pokemon that it can take a hit from and setup Rain Dance, on the following turn use Endure to prevent being KOd and to activate Petaya Berry and watch as a rain boosted + 1 hydro pump tears through the opposing team (with ice beam for grass types and quagsire). The spread gives Mantine the clear outspeed on everything bar Electrode and Ninjask after rain, maximum special attack for the nukes and 172 EVs are poured into hp for as much bulk as possible.

[/spoiler]

Agatha: Monotype Dark
"I am Agatha of the Elite Four! Noad's taken a lot of interest in you, child! That old duff was once tough and handsome! That was decades ago! Now she just wants to fiddle with her Eevee dog dolls! She is wrong! Eevee are cats and Pokemon are for battling! Ill show you how a master of the darkness fights!".

[spoiler]

Explanation: For Agatha I wanted to stray from the fairly traditional and safe picks of Water, Normal and Dragon and go for a more edgy Elite Four battle. The dark typing provided me with few options for pokemon but a perfect opportunity to implement a strategy capable of annoying all challengers expecting to roll through this fight.

Strategy: Annoy the opponent, spread status with Sableye and wear the opposing team down with Sandstorm damage and the Fire, Water, Grass combo. Pass Curse boosts to Tyranitar to blow some things up, play around team frailty with resistances and Sand Veil

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
EV Spread: 252 attack, 116 speed, 140 hp
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar is my lead purely because of its ability to provide permanent Sandstorm in a battle, it immediately puts pressure on the opponent to end the battle quickly, its moveset and EV spread is designed around maintaining a strong offensive presence throughout the fight whilst also gaining some enjoyment from Umbreons curse boosts.

Sableye
Ability: Keen eye
EV Spread: 252 Hp, 40 Def, 208 spdef, 8 speed
Bold Nature
- Will'o'Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Knock Off

Sableye was the obvious choice for an annoyer, and a much needed resistance for fighting moves. Willowisp and knock off provide the tools for dealing with hard hitting physical attackers and walls alike, recover was preferred to rest as it is far more reliable and gives Sableye the sustain its defenses cannot provide. The EV spread is designed to take two physical hits allowing Sableye to reply with WilloWisp and recover, with the remainder of the EVs poured into Spdef for maximum bulk.

Umbreon (nickname: kitty)
EV Spread: 252 hp, 120 def, 136 spdef
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Feint Attack

Umbreon is the defensive pivot of the team, Wish is preferred to moonlight as it provides support to the rest of the team without being weakened by sandstorms effects. Baton pass and Curse are the perfect combination of moves which allow slow bulky sweepers such as Tyranitar more possibilities to land KOs. Feint Attack is added in the last slot as a way for Umbreon to dish out damage whilst enjoying the effects of Curse. The EV spread is made to give Umbreon the best possibility of soaking hits when switching in and out with an emphasis on special bulk to add to its already impressive physical bulk after a Curse.

Cacturne
Ability: Sand Veil
EV Spread: 252 sp atk, 148 speed, 108 hp
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power Fire

Cacturne is the beginning of my fire, water, grass core and arguably the one with the most synergy with the rest of the team. Its ability sand veil and resistances to Ground, Water and Grass attacks make it the perfect partner for Tyranitar. Giga Drain and Leech Seed are the first choices allowing Cacturne to wear down and stall out the opposing team, Hidden Power Fire is added as the best way to deal with opposing Steel, Grass and Bug types with Destiny bond rounding out the set as a way of taking something down with Cacturne. The spread allows me to get the jump on maximum speed Rhydon along with a whole host of bulky Waters such as Vaporeon, Ludicolo, Mantine, Lanturn and Walrein with the rest of the EVs maxed out in Spatk and put into HP

Houndoom
Ability: Flash Fire
EV Spread: 252 attack, 224 speed, 32 spa
Held Item:
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Crunch
- Hidden Power Grass
- Thunder Fang

The next member of my Fire, Water, Grass core is Houndoom. Houndoom is the fastest member of my team and is the second fastest Dark type available and as such is required for endgame sweeping. Overheat is the most powerful Fire type move and works perfectly on a mixed set, Crunch is my main physical stab and gives Houndoom a strong alternative to Overheat, Hidden Power Grass lets me deal with the bulky Water and Ground types which otherwise stop this set cold and Thunder Fang is the final move on the set to deal with the likes of Gyarados and Mantine. The spread is designed to provide Houndoom with maximum physical attack value without sacrificing its special attack and impressive speed.

Crawdaunt
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Return

The final member of my team is Crawdaunt, Crawdaunt is my hardest hitter and as such Crabhammer is preferred to Waterfall for its high crit chance. Crunch provides the obligatory second stab with Superpower and Return rounding out coverage for things such as opposing Dark types and the bulky Normal types. The spread is a standard 252 attack 252 speed for the best value on its attacks whilst avoiding a defensive boost seeing as Crawdaunt is somewhat of a glass cannon.

[/spoiler]

Lance: Monotype Psychic
"Ah! I heard about you trainer, I lead the Elite Four! You can call me Lance the Psychic trainer! You know that I was once a dragon master! Dragons were hard to catch and raise, but their powers were superior! I destroyed weak trainers for years before the tier list council put them on the ban list! Can you believe it!? Its time for me to avenge my fallen Dragons!, your league challenge ends with me!"

[Spoiler]

Explanation: Finally for Lance I decided to try and make this the most difficult and challenging fight of the elite four, naturally monotype Psychic with its wide variety of pokemon was the best choice to form an aggressive tanky team.

Strategy: Immediately put opponent on the backfoot with Jynx, slowly pull apart the main threats with Wobbuffet and either use Starmie to setup a Metagross or Medicham sweep or use Exeggutor in the sun to blow things up.
Jynx

Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Jynx is my teams chosen lead, being one of three Psychic pokemon that can learn fake out it was a tough choice who to select as my lead however Jynxs access to Lovely Kiss and his decent speed persuaded me to go for a punt with him. Fake Out and Lovely Kiss provide the immediate pressure on the opponent with Ice Beam and Psychic being selected for their high stab damage outputs. The spread is a standard 252 spatk, 252 speed with Scope Lens for the added crit chance.

Medicham
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Trick

Medicham is my teams first heavy damage dealer, between Pure Power, Choice Band and the maxed out attack stat Medicham hits like an absolute truck. Hi Jump Kick does heavy damage to anything except from Ghost pokemon, Ice Punch deals with the annoying Grass/Poison duel types and Dragons, Thunderpunch is in to deal with the likes of Gyarados, Tentacruel, Mantine and Pelipper with Trick tacked on at the end to permanently cripple an opposing wall. The set is maxed in attack and speed to deal out the damage whilst not getting outsped by some of the slower tankier pokemon.

Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure
EV Spread: 252 hp, 216 speed, 40 spatk
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Surf
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Starmie is my teams first bulky pokemon, with access to recover and a fantastic ability that lets Starmie continuously soak status it acts as my check to many pokemon like Breloom, Gengar and Dusclops who all rely on some form of status. Thunder Wave is on the set to cut the opposing teams speed to allow my heavy hitters the chance to outspeed and OHKO opponents. Psychic and Surf provide the stab moves and have wide neutral coverage. The 216 speed EVs allow Starmie to barely outspeed the likes of Gengar, Tauros, Jumpluff and Espeon with the 252 hp there for some extra bulk, 40 evs into spatk allow Starmie to OHKO Gengar after minimal damage prior to the hit.

Exeggutor
EV Spread: 252 spatk, 204 speed, 52 hp
Modest Nature
- Solarbeam
- Sunny Day
- Hidden Power Fire
- Explosion

Exeggutor is my teams special sweeper and end game cleanup, Exeggutor behind Sunny Day becomes an absolute monster with access to Solarbeam and a sun boosted Hidden Power. Explosion is put on the set at the end to blow up an opposing special wall when Exeggutor is shut down. 204 speed evs give Exeggutor the outspeed on the entire meta bar Electrode and Ninjask when in sun, 252 spatk EVs and a Modest nature provide the largest damage output with the remainder of the EVs thrown into HP for bulk.

Wobbuffet
Ability: Shadow Tag
EV Spread: 252 defense, 252 spdef, 4 hp
Careful Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
- Encore

Wobbuffet is my teams second bulky pokemon, simply trap a choiced opponent or a pokemon without status and simply wait for them to hit you. Counter and Mirror Coat return all damage taken two fold, Destiny Bond gives Wobbuffet the opportunity to take something down with him and Encore allows Wobbuffet to lock an opposing pokemon into the same move over and over. The EV spread is given to maximize Wobbuffets low defenses and give his monstrous HP stat something to work with.

Metagross
EV Spread: 252 HP, 228 Atk, 12 Def, 16 Spatk
Brave Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire

Metagross is my teams main Physical sweeper and Tank. Meteor Mash and Earthquake provide decent coverage, Psychic is on the set to provide a strong special output and Hidden Power Fire is chosen to deal with Skarmory who resists the remaining moves. 252 HP and 12 Def EVs allow Metagross to always survive an Adamant Choice Band Dugtrios Earthquake. 228 Atk gives Metagross a strong Meteor Mash on anything that switches in with 16 Spatk EVs given to guarantee a 2HKO on Defensive Skarmory after switching in on a hit.

[/Spoiler]

Wow, even gen 4 Thunder Fang is allowed.

[spoiler] Also >Air Cutter on CB Mence [/spoiler] Edited by YagamiNoir

Great entry DoctorPBC!!

Jynx

Timid Nature

- Fake Out

- Lovely Kiss

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

I really like Fake Out, but sadly in pokemmo several pokemons like Jynx and Keckleon do not have access to this move :(

[hr]

In PokeMMO:                [media]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/26/1435418746-jynx-s-egg-moves.png[/media]

On Bulbapedia Gen III: [media]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/26/1435419035-jynx-s-egg-moves.png[/media]

I hope this get fixed eventually XD

Great entry DoctorPBC!!

I really like Fake Out, but sadly in pokemmo several pokemons like Jynx and Keckleon do not have access to this move :(

[hr]

In PokeMMO:                [media]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/26/1435418746-jynx-s-egg-moves.png[/media]

On Bulbapedia Gen III: [media]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/26/1435419035-jynx-s-egg-moves.png[/media]

I hope this get fixed eventually XD

I actually think that is just a pokedex bug, Jynx can learn it im 99% sure.

Anyways updated some stuff that zeb pointed out to me with my team, need to make sure I dont do checks at 3am next time

Instead of trying to build teams that tried to provide coverage for everything I aimed to go for a more strategic approach because getting perfect coverage was impossible. If the Elite 4 really wanted to stop getting swept they would stop running Monotype teams.

Lorelei Mono Psychic:

Her Ice team was nice but as the first Elite Four member I felt she had to be a bit more...well explosive.

[spoiler]

Metagross

Nature: Brave

EV Spread: 204HP 252ATK 54SPATK

- Meteor Mash

- Explosion

- Pursuit

- Psychic

Solrock

Ability: Levitate

Nature: Brave

EV Spread: 252HP 252 ATK 6SPD

- Explosion

- Rock Slide

- Psychic

- Earthquake

Claydol

Nature Adamant

EV Spread: 252 HP 252 ATK 6SPD

- Rapid spin

- Explosion

- Reflect

- Light Screen

Exeggutor

Ability: Chlorophyl

Nature: Naughty

EV Spread: 54HP 252ATK 204SPD

- Hidden Power Fire

- Sunny day

- Explosion

- Solarbeam

Espeon

Nature: Modest

EV Spread: 222HP 252SPATK 36PD

- Psychic

- Calm Mind

- Signal Beam

- Substitute

Girafarig

Ability: Early Bird

Nature Bold

EV Spread: 252HP 252DEF 6SPD

- Baton Pass

- Agility

- Calm Mind

- Wish

If it wasn’t already clear, a young explosion team for mono psychic. Metagross provides a great lead for a couple reasons, its ability to pursuit but also specifically for this explosion team scouts for potential physical walls. Metagross has the potential to kill max defence Weezing without it landing a blow, Weezing switches into Meteor Mash, doing about 30%, and then psychic can do the rest. It has the potential to out speed the Weezing if it is a Mixed Weezing running a –speed nature. Lum berry provides willowisp protection in case Weezing does out speed and land willowisp. This Metagross can also deal with the most common ghost type, stopping an explosion team, Gengar. With pursuit and psychic. 204 HP evs make shadow ball a 3hko so it can safely switch in and still kill with psychic.  Solrock provides another explosion option as well as some additional coverage moves. Exeggutor is the best answer to Skarmory and Forretress with was why I chose a –Special Defence nature instead of –Defence so it could still take some hits from the pair of them. Sunny day allows it to outspeed the tier with the given investment and can fire off some powerful stab Solarbeams and boosted Hidden Power Fire sucking in Special Defence walls like Snorlax and Blissey before exploding on them. Claydol provides spike relief and can also set up dual screens before exploding to assist in the sweep. Giraffarig is a key Pokemon for setting up the sweep whilst also providing another option for taking them shadow balls (shout out to gunthug). Agility is the first option because Espeon, the sweeper, can set calm mind itself if required and +2 speed allows it to out speed the tier. Then set a nice wish and baton pass it all to Espeon so it can recover once it switches in. Then go ham, Signal Beam and Psychic provide coverage for everything but steel which ideally would have dealt with earlier but after 1 Calm Mind can do half to both Forretress and Skarmory. 

[/spoiler]

Bruno Mono Flying:

Two Steelix's? Please Bruno one is bad enough. This Flying team reflects your power much better.

[spoiler] 

Aerodactyl

Nature: Jolly

EV Spread: 6HP 252ATK 252SPD

Held Item:Choice Band

- Rock Slide

- Pursuit

- Earthquake

- Double Edge

Salamence

Nature: Adamant

EV Spread:144HP 252ATK 114SPD

Held Item:Lum Berry

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Brick Break

- Dragon Dance

Dragonite

Ability: Inner Focus

EV Spread: 62HP 252ATK 196SPD

- Dragon Claw

- Extreme Speed

- Thunder Punch

- Superpower

Skarmory

Nature: Impish

EV Spread:252HP 252DEF 6SPD

- Spikes

- Drill Peck

- Whirlwind

- Protect

Crobat

EV Spread:118HP 252ATK 140SPD

- Aeril Ace

- Pursuit

- Double Edge

- Steel Wing

Gyarados

EV Spread: 94HP 252ATK 164SPD

- Waterfall

- Crunch

- Earthquake

- Dragon Dance

Explanation:

The idea of the flying monotype team is to hit hard and hit fast, overwhelming them with power. Dragonite, Salamence and Gyarados in particular bring a large offensive presence to the team. Gyarados and Salamence both have enough speed investment to hit a speed stat of 134 enabling them to out speed the tier after 1 dragon dance, the rest is placed into HP allowing Salamence a 50% chance of surviving a timid jolteons HP ice. Dragonite has enough speed investment to beat all Tyranitars and also neutral natured base 70s, the remaining EV’s are invested into HP giving it enough to live a Timid Jolteon’s HP ice. Skarmory provides offensive relief especially from opposing Aerodactly but also most other physical attackers. Its ability to lay spikes helps to put even more pressure on the opponent especially for the late game sweep with Salamence or Gyarados. Protect was chosen in the last slot because Rest relieves a lot of pressure and gives your opponent a free switch in that the other Pokemon can’t easily switch into without taking damage. Can also get some cheeky leftover recovery. The main threat to the team is Starmie being able to 2hko or 1hko the entire team. The solution to this problem comes from Crobat. Choice Band pursuit is enough to do 50% when not switching and about a 50% chance to ohko on the switch. Star is then cleaned up by either Pursuit Aerodactyl or Extreme Speed Dragonite. Spikes as well can put pressure on Starmie. Steel Wing just there for coverage against rock types. Lead with Aerodactly as it helps to scout for physical walls and can hit hard from the get go.

[/spoiler]

Agatha Mono Water:

Agatha you were running an Arbok how were you ever planning to win.

[spoiler] 

Lapras

Nature: Calm

EV Spread: 252HP 252 SPDEF

- Block

- Perish Song

- Rest

- Surf

Tentacruel

Nature: Bold

Ability: Liquid 0oze

EV Spread: 252HP 108DEF 150 SPDEF

- Knock Off

- Rapid Spin

- Surf

- Ice Beam

Lanturn

Ability: Volt Absorb

EV Spread: 252HP 100DEF 100SPATK 58SPDEF

- Toxic

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

- Heal Bell

Ludicolo

EV Spread: 174HP 252 SPATK 84SPD

- Surf

- Giga Drain

- Ice Beam

- Rain Dance

Slowbro

Nature:Bold

Ability: Own Temp

EV Spread: 252HP 252DEF

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Calm Mind

- Slack Off

Kingdra

EV Spread: 22HP 252SPATK 236SPD

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Hidden Power Electric

- Rain Dance

Mono water provides the opportunity for a rain team which aims to trap special walls and then hit hard with four special attackers. Lead with Lapras and trap right off the bat, its diversity helps make it more threatening and likely force your opponent into a special wall. Surf is there in case of taunt or even to help create the illusion you aren’t running perish trap. Venusaur is the main defensive threat which is one of the main reasons for running Tentacruel. More commonly known for its offensive abilities this set helps to provide some support and relief from otherwise unresisted grass attacks as well as Heracross’s Megahorn which could rip the team apart. Rapid Spin stops spikes, although it is a team where switching won’t happen often all 6 Pokemon are affected by spikes. Knock Off helps annoy and Surf and Ice Beam allow it some attack presence hitting Venusaur as well as STAB Surf. HP Electric was an option instead of Surf but with Salamence available it would be more common. Lanturn fills another supporting role by providing Heal Bell and Toxic with its ability capable of stopping Jolteon from sweeping through the team. The given spread allows it to survive CB Earthquake from Aerodactly and CB Dragon Claw from Dragonite if the situation requires while having enough EVs to kill them both Thunderbolt and Ice Beam respectively. Slowbro is the main source of defensive bulk but is also able to switch quickly from defence to attack by setting up calm minds and going on a rampage with common haze/whirlwind/roar users Vaporeon/Weezing/Skarmory taking a lot of damage at the cost of stopping Slowbro’s sweep. It is then up to Ludicolo and Kingdra finish off the other 4 Pokemon hard work. Ludicolo has enough speed EVs to out speed the tier in the rain while Kingdra can as well but without the rain will beat all those 134 stat Pokemon that rely on things like dragon dance to get speed. Both Modest natures and 252SPATK to get every bit of power available to them. 

[/spoiler]

Lance Mono Posion:

Lance your not fooling anyone any more, Aerodactly and Gyarados aren't Dragon types. This is an actual Monotype team.

[spoiler]

Venusuar

Ability: Overgrown

EV Spread:252HP 252SPDEF 6SPD

- Synthesis

- Leech Seed

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

Weezing

Nature: Bold

EV Spread:252HP 252DEF 6SPATK

- Flamethrower

- Willowisp

- Hidden Power Ice

- Pain Split

Muk

Ability: Sticky Hold

EV Spread:252HP 252DEF

- Focus Punch

- Ice Punch

- Explosion

- Substitute

Qwilfish

EV Spread: 6HP 252SPATK 252SPD

- Waterfall

- Destiny Bond

- Spikes

- Thunder Wave

Gengar

Nature: Hasty

EV Spread: 252ATK 78APTK 180SPD

Held Item:

- Substitute

- Shadow Ball

- Focus Punch

- Will-O-Wisp

Crobat

Nature Jolly

EV Spread: 78HP 252ATK 180SPD

- Double Edge

- Bite

- Aerial Ace

- Pursuit

Poison has the ability to create a well-rounded team however has no resistance to Psychic type sweepers like Alakazam, Starmie and Espeon. This is where Qwilfish and Crobat come in. Qwilfish provides great assistance to the rest of the team through spikes, thunder wave and destiny bond. Laying spikes gives crobat the assistance it needs to kill espeon starmie and alakazam, with either bite or double edge. Destiny Bond can also be used to get another easy kill once the 3 layers have been set up, thunder wave allows Qwilfish to out speed the opponent for a more reliable Destiny Bond.  Muk and Gengar are both able to set up on Blissey and Snorlax, which can trouble the team. Muk can easily set up on Blissey as it can’t break Muk’s substitutes and explosion can provide another potential kill when it has nothing else left. Gengar has enough speed to outspeed base 100s (Salamence, Flygon Charizard) and acts as the sweeper for the team. Venusaur provides leech seed recovery as well as being able to take about 50% from timid Starmies psychic and stall with synthesis if the situation requires it. It is the main special defence wall and can switch into bulky waters however struggles against Slowbro so the best option is to Leech Seed it and switch to a Substitute Pokemon when it Calm Minds or Heals and stall it. Weezing stops super effective ground moves with its ability levitate while also being able to burn with Will-O-Wisp and put the brakes on physical attackers. Hidden Power Ice hits dragons super effectively but at the cost of Thunderbolt leaving it open to bulky waters which can be dealt with by Venusaur. Crobat is designed to kill those pesky Psychic sweepers like Espeon, Starmie and Alakazam, with enough speed to beat them all.  Double Edge can OHKO Alakazam but requires 3 layers of spikes to kill Espeon. Starmie naturally has more bulk so Crobat can’t OHKO however with the given EVs Timid Starmie only has a 25% chance to OHKO with Psychic.

[/spoiler]

Although the teams work well individually they also combine well in the order they are in if you are versing someone you can't afford revives. I guess I had fun shout outs to everyone who helped and Noad for that young extension.

Edited by DaftCoolio

The results are in!

First Place: DoctorPBC

DoctorPBC chose some interesting typings for his version of the Elite Four, we were very interested to see a full Dark monotype team as that in itself is a challenge. Despite the incorrect nickname for Umbreon (>Kitty) Agatha's team was pretty balanced. A Rest-Talk Tyranitar sounds like it could be a huge threat for any challenger, especially as physical attackers can be crippled with Houndoom's Will-O-Wisp. Choice Band Crawdaunt is also a nice change from the popular Dragon Dance / Swords Dance sets that you see. 

I personally enjoyed the monotype Ground team the most, Whiscash is such an awesome Pokemon and it was nice seeing it incorporated in a fully functioning team as a late game sweeper. Return was also a nice change from the usual Substitute, Bounce, Spark moves you see in the last slot. An Impish Flygon with Substitute instead of Adamant/Jolly with Choice Band would catch a lot of players off guard and force one of their team to take a STAB Earthquake or a Toxic to slowly wear down the opponent. 

Overall this was a well thought out entry that combined traditional sets with some more creative ones that actually work really well together, well done Doc!

Second Place: Elcoolio

Judges loved the Poison monotype team, it can be a really overlooked typing when it comes to mono tournaments. There are some pretty big threats on this team, the ever versatile Gengar, Weezing and Muk can all be pretty difficult to take down. Physical attackers get blocked by the first two and then Will-O-Wisped whilst Muk behind a Substitute is free to Focus Punch away against any incoming Pokemon. It was also nice to see uncommon Pokemon such as Crobat and Qwilfish being used as a strategy to take down threatening Psychic types. 

Elcoolio was able to identify what would be the most threatening types to use, meaning we see Psychic, Water and Flying on this version of the Elite Four making it a real challenge for any player trying to defeat the League. 

Congratulations to both winners!

114.png