Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Noad

Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

Recommended Posts

On 03/09/2017 at 7:52 PM, KaynineXL said:

It's also a good switch to Venusaur and isn't too bad of a switch for Heracross.

 

Usually people use Sbomb, Heat wave, Taunt, Pain Split

Super Fang you mean, not Pain Split

Share this post


Link to post
On 21/08/2017 at 10:44 PM, Maelstrom said:

What do you guys use against. DD Kingdra? I mean, I can take it down most times, but it's always so dangerous and I have no specific answer for it.

impish breloom. Unless dd ice beam set which is odd.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, pachima said:

impish breloom. Unless dd ice beam set which is odd.

Maybe I do one.

 

Btw, did they already nerfed paralyze? Just noticed today that a paralyzed Milotic was still faster than my Slowbro.

 

Damn! I suddenly started to lose every single match when I was used to win almost always (on matchmaking), wtf!

 

@edit

About the paralyze, I just noticed that I forgot a Macho Brace on my Slowbro somehow, that's why it was slower than

the paralyzed Milo, lmao. But my question is still up anyway.

 

 

Edited by Maelstrom

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Btw, did they already nerfed paralyze? Just noticed today that a paralyzed Milotic was still faster than my Slowbro.

 

Not yet. Soon tm

Share this post


Link to post

I wanna learn about NU and make a team for it, but I have no idea about where to start.

 

Can someone just tell me a basic team and why, so I can understand it better? (I don't plan to copy the team)

 

Edited by Maelstrom

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

What should Bold CM Clefable be running for attacking moves?

hyper voice and either flame or ice depending on whether you are more scared of steel or rock.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

hyper voice and either flame or ice depending on whether you are more scared of steel or rock.

Is there a reason for picking hyper voice? Does it do good damage to common pokemon in UU?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

Is there a reason for picking hyper voice? Does it do good damage to common pokemon in UU?

STAB

aka same type advantage bonus

Edited by fredrichnietze

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

Is there a reason for picking hyper voice? Does it do good damage to common pokemon in UU?

Same question here.

Shouldn't it be running Boltbeam or TBolt + Flamethrower?

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

STAB

aka same type advantage bonus

Yeah you don't need to spell it out, I know what it is. I'm wondering why Hyper Voice should be used over coverage moves.

Edited by notmudkip0

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

Is there a reason for picking hyper voice? Does it do good damage to common pokemon in UU?

I've seen a lot of clefs running hyper voice recently - it's nice for stab and for hitting past subs. 

 

Also fire + normal is good coverage generally

Edited by Zymogen

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, chaos97 said:

what the best moveset for jolly tauros and ev?

252 speed/252atk/6 hp or def

 

Double-Edge or Return/Earthquake/Pursuit/Quick Attack

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

252 speed/252atk/6 hp or def

 

Double-Edge or Return/Earthquake/Pursuit/Quick Attack

Tauros need any egg move? This meta the tauros is still a beast or not ?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chaos97 said:

Tauros need any egg move? This meta the tauros is still a beast or not ?

Tauros is 100% male so it doesn't get eggmoves; I'm sure it still has a niche in NU but I'm not entirely sure as I'm not hugely familiar with the Gen 5 meta

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys. I made a 5x31 Adamant Trapinch. What is a good moveset. EQ and Dragon Claw for sure. What other moves and which held item do you guys suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, WesleytJ said:

Hey guys. I made a 5x31 Adamant Trapinch. What is a good moveset. EQ and Dragon Claw for sure. What other moves and which held item do you guys suggest?

You could run Fire or Thunder Punch and DD or a punch with U-Turn on a choice set.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WesleytJ said:

Hey guys. I made a 5x31 Adamant Trapinch. What is a good moveset. EQ and Dragon Claw for sure. What other moves and which held item do you guys suggest?

 

1 hour ago, notmudkip0 said:

You could run Fire or Thunder Punch and DD or a punch with U-Turn on a choice set.

Fire Punch > Thunder Punch in this UU meta; it beats Forre and can hit Bronzong unlike Flygon's stabs. Other than that, I agree

Share this post


Link to post

Got another question. I found a decent Adamant Axew and I am making a Haxorus for competitive.

I know I should definitely use Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw, but what about the other moves?
I am reading EQ and Aqua tail, but my clanmates are saying I should pick Brick Break.

What am I supposed to take?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, WesleytJ said:

Got another question. I found a decent Adamant Axew and I am making a Haxorus for competitive.

I know I should definitely use Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw, but what about the other moves?
I am reading EQ and Aqua tail, but my clanmates are saying I should pick Brick Break.

What am I supposed to take?

Completely depends of who you want to pair him with, EQ is most likely never a bad choice cause it hits a lot of things neutrally. Superpower/brick break would sort of help with ferrothorn and ttar plus would hit hydreigon really well, but aqua tail would help with hippo. It's directly dependant of whatever you have on the team besides him I think. I'd go superpower instead of brickbreak

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.