Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Noad

Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

Recommended Posts

Any ideas on how current Houndoom works ?

I left before the gen 4 damage split, when he was played as a sunny day sp.attacker, but apparently it's kind of mixed right now?

 

I've got this houndoom:

Hasty , egg moves : Reversal, w-o-w, pusuit, D-Bond , its HP is Electric type

I was thinking maybe something like HP, FT, Crunch, DBond

 

But it feels like this won't do much damage tbh

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Any ideas on how current Houndoom works ?

I left before the gen 4 damage split, when he was played as a sunny day sp.attacker, but apparently it's kind of mixed right now?

 

I've got this houndoom:

Hasty , egg moves : Reversal, w-o-w, pusuit, D-Bond , its HP is Electric type

I was thinking maybe something like HP, FT, Crunch, DBond

 

But it feels like this won't do much damage tbh

max attack houndoom crunch with life orb hurts anything tbh, and if you get that def drop, its pretty much dead/has to switch out. 

 

Hasty: Pursuit, Crunch, Flamethrower, HP Elec @ Life Orb

252 attack 252 speed 

 

is pretty dank 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chaos97 said:

snorlax and gardevoir best nature and move set pls

Uhh not too sure on the snorlax. Think it's adamant with Eq body slam, fire punch and pursuit(lmao who am I kidding idk)

 

garde- Calm with Wish psychic WoW heal bell or protect

can go timid with Cm tbolt psychic and signal beam (i think)

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

 

Is there any merit to run Bullet Seed on Herracross? Thinking about it since it gives some coverage with rock slide/eq/megahorn/brick break don't offer

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, chaos97 said:

snorlax and gardevoir best nature and move set pls

Snorlax common sets - careful - curse rest body slam fire punch 

cb set - adamant - pursuit body slam fire punch earthquake/crunch

 

gardevoir - timid with hp investment - wow psychic/tbolt wish protect

calm full hp sp def - psychic wish wow protect 

4 minutes ago, Thorvirdh said:

Hi

 

Is there any merit to run Bullet Seed on Herracross? Thinking about it since it gives some coverage with rock slide/eq/megahorn/brick break don't offer

not really, might be good for sub rhydons and catch some swamperts but thats pretty much it. It's not like you cant hit those hard with ur stab moves anyways.

 

Also low kick > brick break on heracross 

Share this post


Link to post
On 02/09/2016 at 8:20 AM, aeeaeeaaa said:

Jolly or Adamant for Breloom?

Ada for CB and SubPunch sets

Jolly for SD and Scarf sets

Can also run Ada for SD since it even gives you more power to use Mach Punch

Edited by LifeStyle

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Thorvirdh said:

Jolly or Adamant for Absol?

Impish or Adamant for Poliwrath?

Depends no what set you want for poliwrath. Jolly is usually better on absol doesnt matter the set

Impish poli is for covering a defensive role

Adamant is for covering a offensive role. 

you need to figure out which one you want the most or goes better with ur team 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Best pokemon to punish Weezing ? Besides special sweepers ofc. I mean, how do you deal with weezing when it's sent on your phys. sweeper and you know its going to burn/pain split any of your switches? I have a hard a hard time beating this pokemon..

 

I'm trying Guts pokemons but so far the results are average

Edited by aeeaeeaaa

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Best pokemon to punish Weezing ? Besides special sweepers ofc. I mean, how do you deal with weezing when it's sent on your phys. sweeper and you know its going to burn/pain split any of your switches? I have a hard a hard time beating this pokemon..

 

I'm trying Guts pokemons but so far the results are average

try ursaring, you are welcome 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Best pokemon to punish Weezing ? Besides special sweepers ofc. I mean, how do you deal with weezing when it's sent on your phys. sweeper and you know its going to burn/pain split any of your switches? I have a hard a hard time beating this pokemon..

 

I'm trying Guts pokemons but so far the results are average

You can use ursaring/blaziken(if you know your opponent will wow/ps/flamethrower)/arcanine(you can get poisoned by sludge but can do well even if poisoned)/heracross with facade(2HKOs if burned)/a chansey(weezing doesnt do shit against chansey and you can Twave it and switch to something else when you have the occasion)

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, MadelnHeaven said:

how do i git gud

I'd say replays of recent officials would help as they give you an accurate overview of the latest meta and therefore aid you in designing teams/breeding comps. It might also help to have a team that is competitively-inclined since it's easier to thrive in an environment where most, if not everyone, knows what they're talking about.

Edited by whilt

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, whilt said:

I'd say replays of recent officials would help as they give you an accurate overview of the latest meta and therefore aid you in designing teams/breeding comps. It might also help to have a team that is competitively-inclined since it's easier to thrive in an environment where most, if not everyone, knows what they're talking about.

no u

Share this post


Link to post

What kind of EV spread should I go for on Gardevoir?

I wanted to make something quite bulky with good sp.def , but people told me I absolutely need a ton of def in oder to survive pursuit

 

plans (still breeding):

 Gardevoir (Calm)

- W-o-w

- Protect

- Wish

- Psychic

 

The plan is to be able to wall common special sweepers

Edited by aeeaeeaaa

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

What kind of EV spread should I go for on Gardevoir?

I wanted to make something quite bulky with good sp.def , but people told me I absolutely need a ton of def in oder to survive pursuit

 

plans (still breeding):

 Gardevoir (Calm)

- W-o-w

- Protect

- Wish

- Psychic

 

The plan is to be able to wall common special sweepers

I feel you're better off with def bulk (Bold nature). The strongest spakers imo are Jolteon / Starmie / CM'ers like Zam+Espy, You wall Jolt since you can trace VA, you'll basically be pp stalling Starmie since you'll be relying on wow mainly to chip away at its health, and you can't wall CM Zam / Espy because they threaten you with Signal beam and wow-ing them is risky since synchronize passes it back to you. Since Garde has a huge spdef base stat as it is, there isn't much of a need to invest in it unless you face something like specs starmie. 

Edited by NikhilR

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

So, something around
 252 HP - 200 def - 50spdef would be ok? (with bold nature)

you probably want timid nature with enough evs to beat adamant metagross + swamp + breloom (maybe jolly if feeling kind enough) then 252 hp and rest on def.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.