Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

2 minutes ago, Thorvirdh said:

Hello

So, my team is shaping to look like this - Medicham, Weezing, Skarmory, Slowbro and i have 2 places left.

Personally i thought about adding some strong physical attacker like Rhydon and something which can put high special damage like Gardevoir.

Are those good choices or would you advise me to breed something else instead to better fill voids in my team?

you need a special wall ex; snorlax, chansey. Plus i'd add a fast poke unless that medicham is scarf, + a ground type/elec inmunity, id recommend flygon/jolteon 

1 minute ago, Thorvirdh said:

@BlackJovi thanks, jolteon seems like cool idea, although is it better Modest or Timid?

Also could i use something like Milotic as sp. wall instead?

well if u use milotic as sp wall gonn aget fucked by jolteon. Jolteon is better timid cus of the aero speed ties and to outspeed everything in the tier without a scarf. 

30 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

well if u use milotic as sp wall gonn aget fucked by jolteon. Jolteon is better timid cus of the aero speed ties and to outspeed everything in the tier without a scarf. 

OK,  any other pokemon which can be use as sp wall then? I don't want to breed Snorlax since he may be banned and i have some irrational dislike for Chansey :/

Just now, Thorvirdh said:

OK,  any other pokemon which can be use as sp wall then? I don't want to breed Snorlax since he may be banned and i have some irrational dislike for Chansey :/

well.. there are things like calm venusaur, sassy/calm porygon2, but they are not as good. 

33 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

yeah until opponent predicts and growths/subs, not really reliable 

well, thats subjective, milotic can also predict growth and use haze

Edit: Also if u put hydro pump u can 2hko jolteon while he has small chance to ohko with +1 tbolt + life orb.

Edited by pachima
7 minutes ago, pachima said:

no, my starting point is that jolteon doesnt necessarily fuck it, not that it isnt a good wall against it, cause it isnt.

Actually it does, of course you can try to predict, but that's not really going to work against a Jolteon.

Let's just say you said the moveset would be something like this:

- Hydro Pump

- Mirror Coat

- Haze

- Recover?

If you Hydro Pump and predict a Jolt sub, there is still that chance that Hydro just misses. 

And since you're considering so much options, let's not forget about the fact that OU kind of heavily relies on Spikes at the moment.

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 166-198 (82.1 - 98%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Keep in mind that's just one layer of spikes.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. You and Jovi can feel free to waste your time on it.

Edited by ShadowGary
2 minutes ago, ShadowGary said:

Actually it does, of course you can try to predict, but that's not really going to work against a Jolteon.

Let's just say you said the moveset would be something like this:

- Hydro Pump

- Mirror Coat

- Haze

- Recover?

If you Hydro Pump and predict a Jolt sub, there is still that chance that Hydro just misses. 

And since you're considering so much options, let's not forget about the fact that OU kind of heavily relies on Spikes at the moment.

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 166-198 (82.1 - 98%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Keep in mind that's just one layer of spikes.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. You and Jovi can feel free to waste your time on it.

true, but in keep in mind that works if the opponent knows u are specially defensive, I would not risk my jolteon for a specs or life ball milotic.

4 minutes ago, pachima said:

true, but in keep in mind that works if the opponent knows u are specially defensive, I would not risk my jolteon for a specs or life ball milotic.

That's pretty gimmicky, I like it, haha.

But if you go all-out attacker Milo like that, I suppose you have to invest in Speed/SpAtt or it isn't going to break anything.

252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 151-179 (88.8 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 151-179 (88.8 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

and Life Orb might not work that well either for Milo.

252+ SpA Life Orb Milotic Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jolteon: 117-138 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

At best, Jolt dies cause of Spikes/LO damage. But yeah, I do acknowledge it as a solid SpDef wall, just don't think it will beat Jolt.

It isn't a good sp wall. The most dominant sp attacker in the tier is Jolteon lol. Mirror coat isn't saving you.. You can't even switch onto a Jolteon lol.

Calm Venusaur would be nice because it's also great for Brelooms, provided you have something for Alakazam/Gardevour, which you don't :s

4 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

it's a held item that when activated heals 20 hp. think about it, what pokemon have more then 20 hp at level 5? it's a instant full health regen. no other item comes close.

Well Ig for setup mons it might be dank af

Hello

I've got question about Bold Slowbro

I have no idea how to EV spread it to be honest. Is full defense/hp the best option since I can have 2/3 special walls in team and only have Skarmory to use as physicall wall or maybe making him a bit of a mixed wall would be better idea with 252HP/128DEF/128SP.DEF spread?

7 minutes ago, Thorvirdh said:

Hello

I've got question about Bold Slowbro

I have no idea how to EV spread it to be honest. Is full defense/hp the best option since I can have 2/3 special walls in team and only have Skarmory to use as physicall wall or maybe making him a bit of a mixed wall would be better idea with 252HP/128DEF/128SP.DEF spread?

That's not a bad idea, but I think you benefit more from full def + hp since you want to be a defensive wall, not a mixed one. You could just pair it with a special wall.