Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

Best Crawdaunt set? CB, SD or DD?

For UU, choice band is probably your best bet. There is no safe switch in for choice band crawdaunt. Dark resists are very uncommon as is, so crunch is very spammable, and crawdaunt has coverage moves to hit dark resists. Aerial ace for poliwrath/breloom. Waterfall/crabhammer for steelix. Superpower to get the ohko on crawdaunt/kangaskhan/clefable/cradily. Dragon dance crawdaunt is unexpected some times, as sometimes people rely on protect scouting to switch in the right pokemon vs crawdaunt. Its unfortunate how dragon dance crawdaunt doesn't really have any chance to beat vileplume. Swords dance crawdaunt is pretty nice if you have it holding a type boosting item like blackglasses or mystic water. +2 blackglasses crunch does about 90% to vileplume, so any residual damage done on vileplume prior will mean vileplume is killed by +2 crunch. Speed prevents it from sweeping, but can really hurt slower teams with vileplume+clefable+steelix+slowking, as it is not locked into any move. 

For UU, choice band is probably your best bet. There is no safe switch in for choice band crawdaunt. Dark resists are very uncommon as is, so crunch is very spammable, and crawdaunt has coverage moves to hit dark resists. Aerial ace for poliwrath/breloom. Waterfall/crabhammer for steelix. Superpower to get the ohko on crawdaunt/kangaskhan/clefable/cradily. Dragon dance crawdaunt is unexpected some times, as sometimes people rely on protect scouting to switch in the right pokemon vs crawdaunt. Its unfortunate how dragon dance crawdaunt doesn't really have any chance to beat vileplume. Swords dance crawdaunt is pretty nice if you have it holding a type boosting item like blackglasses or mystic water. +2 blackglasses crunch does about 90% to vileplume, so any residual damage done on vileplume prior will mean vileplume is killed by +2 crunch. Speed prevents it from sweeping, but can really hurt slower teams with vileplume+clefable+steelix+slowking, as it is not locked into any move. 

Hi i have Crawdaunt  with adamant nature. I planned to to use CB set,. Is it worth  to make speed investment if you cant even outspeed Exeggutor?

Hi i have Crawdaunt with adamant nature. I planned to to use CB set,. Is it worth to make speed investment if you cant even outspeed Exeggutor?

Speed invested crawdaunt will outspeed bulky exeggutor. I would not worry about max speed timid exeggutor because no one runs that. Crawdaunts bulk is bad regardless of hp evs, so might as well just run max speed

Kind of related i guess, Can anyone tell me where i can find info on what stats are best for what pokemon?

I know smogon had a dex but not sure which version to use since the new(ish) updates.

Would i use the gen3 (ruby/sapphire) or the newest ones with the new special/physical changes?

I hope that made sense XD

In essence I want a way to check which IVs, natures and potential movesets are best for different pokemon :)

Edited by captainfalling

Kind of related i guess, Can anyone tell me where i can find info on what stats are best for what pokemon?

I know smogon had a dex but not sure which version to use since the new(ish) updates.

Would i use the gen3 (ruby/sapphire) or the newest ones with the new special/physical changes?

I hope that made sense XD

In essence I want a way to check which IVs, natures and potential movesets are best for different pokemon :)

You can refer here to see which pokemon are in what tier: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/53984-pokemmo-official-usage-statistics-and-tier-lists/

Some guides that may be useful (includes movesets, IVs/EV spread, and how viable each poke is):

OU - https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/50959-bushs-ou-tier-competitive-pokemon-guide/

UU - https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/59951-bushs-uu-comp-pokemon-guide/

NU - https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/55168-orangemaniacs-nu-competitive-guide/

Doubles - https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/55211-doublejs-doubles-competitive-guide/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this thread is rip???

Anw brave meta moveset and evs?? 252 Attk and..??

Assuming you're hidden power fire, its probably worth running enough speed for skarmory (about 80 speed evs if you're 30 speed iv). If you don't really care about outspeeding skarmory, you can just make sure you outspeed weezing, which you can with no investment if you have 30 speed iv. Rest of the evs should go into hp as metagross functions as a great mixed wall, being able to check powerful special attackers like espeon+alakazam, while also taking on aerodactyl/ursaring. If you haven't bred the metagross yet, another option is to run mild/rash/lonely/naughty and run speed to outspeed stuff like arcanine, some venusaurs, some magnetons, and some metagross. 

Mixed metagross also has the option to run maximum special attack instead of max physical attack, in order to ohko weezing/2hko ludicolo (with +sp atk nature and twistedspoon) and heavily damage other common switch ins to metagross. 

Should I replace POISON FANG with SLUDGE BOMB in a Crobat?

It's because Crobat has more ATTACK than SP. ATTACK.

SLUDGE BOMB --> SPECIAL + 30% chance of poisoning target

POWER 90 ACCURACY 100

POISON FANG --> CONTACT + 30% chance of intoxicating target

POWER 50 ACCURACY 100

it's a hard decision

I got a bold hp grass claydol...worth using i was thinkin in a cm set (31 speed tho)

Opinions on set and ev spread pls c:

This is definitely an awesome surprise in the tier that can wreck if used correctly. For a CM set, I would suggest the following set:

UU Claydol

Item: Leftovers / Chesto Berry

Nature: Bold

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpAtt / 220 Spe

• Calm Mind
  • Psychic
  • HP Grass
  • Ice Beam / Rest

Explanation: 220 Speed EVs with a 31 IV stat can set up you at 123 speed which beats Adamant Breloom. HP Grass is essential for Crawdaunt, but Ice Beam overall is a better option if you can rule out your opponent using that pesky lobster. Rest is an option along with Chesto Berry to prolong your sweep and avoid Toxic kicking your angus. 

Personally, I love this and would enjoy seeing it used. 

Thanks JJ would use it... gonna run resto chesto..also hurtin crawdaunt on the ez psy switch is neattt..then wait until its on ko range at +1 to set up (need to get a partner w spikes)...and hope its gameeee

No problem! Good luck dude. It would make an awesome partner for Vaporeon who sucks up those water attacks and can heal it with some Wish. 

• 3 weeks later...

Opinions on best spikers in the UU Tier? Is Glalie the only Pokemon able to spike in this tier and is he worth running?

How screwed should I be if I decided to make him my lead and what should I watch out against?

Glalie is a pretty decent lead imo, and probably the best since tenta can't actually spin vs you since you can EQ it. And also you 2hko doom/manec with EQ which is pretty neat. Should watch out for those strong physical attackers like hitmonlee and breloom, even tho you have protect to scout them if they banded anyways. 

Glalie is a pretty decent lead imo, and probably the best since tenta can't actually spin vs you since you can EQ it. And also you 2hko doom/manec with EQ which is pretty neat. Should watch out for those strong physical attackers like hitmonlee and breloom, even tho you have protect to scout them if they banded anyways. 

I haven't played PokeMMO in two years and just came back. I think I messed up with the nature/IV's and wasted some money. I assumed Glalie ran Ice Beam to take care of Donphan and/or Explosion to...explode. I messed up not knowing it could run EQ because I stared at the Snorunt move list thinking nothing would change on evolution...lmfao.

What sort of moveset would somebody recommend for lead? EQ, Protect, Spikes, Ice Beam/Explosion?
[spoiler]Snorunt.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by Eldaust

I haven't played PokeMMO in two years and just came back. I think I messed up with the nature/IV's and wasted some money. I assumed Glalie ran Ice Beam to take care of Donphan and/or Explosion to...explode. I messed up not knowing it could run EQ because I stared at the Snorunt move list thinking nothing would change on evolution...lmfao.

What sort of moveset would somebody recommend for lead? EQ, Protect, Spikes, Ice Beam/Explosion?
[spoiler]Snorunt.jpg[/spoiler]

yeah nature should be calm or sassy, with protect eq ice beam and spikes 

Which moves on Arcanine ?

Morning sun                       or                    Morning sun

Extremespeed                                           Extremespeed  

Crunch                                                       Double Kick

Flamethrower                                             Overheat

and which iv's at 31 tho ?

morning sun/ x speed/ double kick / overheat

Double kick hits normal pokemon (chansey) hard while crunch doesn't do much for him

Edited by Murcielago
  • 4 weeks later...