Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

opinions on the ev spread of a calm mantine?

can probably do 252HP 252DEF

might want to check if there is anything u can outspeed by speed creeping

id imagine calm and 4sdef evs is enough sdef, since mantine has huge sdef regardless

Thank you for the help DrCraid  :) Whats the most important IVs and EVs on Arcanine, which is the best moveset and nature on him, and is he good in competitive?

Relaxed 252HP 252DEF isn't as common as it was

Now a days I'd say the premier set is

Sassy/Careful

IVs in HP, ATK, DEF, SDEF and SPE  *If you run careful, its for outspeeding **check the speed tiers for how much speed youll need, im too lazy

EVs: 252 HP, 252SDEF or 252HP, mix DEF & SDEF

-Flamethrower

-Crunch

-Morning Sun

-Extreme Speed / Toxic

Arcanine is pretty good right now as it is an answer to subpunch gengar, and can handle gardevoir/espeon/jolteon to an extent. It's bulky, but need to be part of a core because it aint no blissey.

EV spread for OU Chansey? What about Bold 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef?

Yes.

Is this a good well balanced team?

Gengar, Salamence, Dragonite, Snorlax, Tyranitar, and Porygon2?

Well like, for what tier? Ubers or Doubles?

Either was it has no DEF wall/tank

Edited by DrCraig

Hey guys im trainin an adamant dratini for a cb set. im thinkin in:
Dclaw/outrage
Xspeed (is a must aight)
and here comes the problems...spower/elepunches/eq...gets rock slide in pokemmo???
For the ev spread im pretty sure max attk speed is the way to go

thanks in advance

Hey guys im trainin an adamant dratini for a cb set. im thinkin in:
Dclaw/outrage
Xspeed (is a must aight)
and here comes the problems...spower/elepunches/eq...gets rock slide in pokemmo???
For the ev spread im pretty sure max attk speed is the way to go

thanks in advance

first firstly before anything else to follow you'd better wait until we have a stable uber tier.

I know it's a lame answer, but you'd better wait and see for yourself.

Need moveset for:
Adamant CB Machamp

Timid WoW Gengar (sweeper set)

Need moveset and EV Spread for Bold Venusaur

Thanks in advance.

Machamp: Tpunch (gyara will come in, trust me) Cross chop, earthquake and...and...dunno.

Firepunch is overkilling imo, it's only useful against forretress.

Facade is ok, especially with guts.

Maybe ice punch to hit grass types? yep, i'd go with that since venusaur resists all the other moves.

10/10 set.

As for gengar the most useful moves are shadowball and tbolt, then probably sludge bomb.

Pain split is an option too, but since you want to go 3 attacks i'd say sludgebomb.

Edited by Vaeldras

evs for careful kanga? hp spdef?

Yeah, Kanga is a decent Specially Defensive wall thanks to Rest. You want it to take as little damage as possible, but the problem it has is that it cannot do as much damage as you want it to, at the same time. See if you can find a spread that can break the Plume-Slowking core, or else it will stall out your Kanga. 

Yeah, Kanga is a decent Specially Defensive wall thanks to Rest. You want it to take as little damage as possible, but the problem it has is that it cannot do as much damage as you want it to, at the same time. See if you can find a spread that can break the Plume-Slowking core, or else it will stall out your Kanga. 

prob ill invest some evs in atk

firepunch

double

toxic

rest

sounds good or nah ?

evs for careful kanga? hp spdef?

If you go 252 hp/ 252 spdef, modest alakazam with inner focus would win against you.

+1 252+ SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kangaskhan: 108-127 (50.9 - 59.9%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 108-128 (82.4 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You need at least 204 atk to guarantee the kill and sadly this will hurt your bulkiness severely.

204 Atk Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 132-156 (100.7 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edit: I guess double-edge would be a better option than crunch, but it would still hurt you bulk.

Edited by lamerb

If you go 252 hp/ 252 spdef, modest alakazam with inner focus would win against you.

+1 252+ SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kangaskhan: 108-127 (50.9 - 59.9%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 108-128 (82.4 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You need at least 204 atk to guarantee the kill and sadly this will hurt your bulkiness severely.

204 Atk Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 132-156 (100.7 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edit: I guess double-edge would be a better option than crunch, but it would still hurt you bulk.

84 Attack Kangaskhan does 100.8% - 119.1% to Alakazam with Double-Edge/ You can max out the sdef and put the rest in HP.

• 2 weeks later...

CB Flygon, Jolly or Adamant, which one do you prefer and why?

Adamant because there are not many things you beat with +speed. On the other hand the +attack one does way more damage and is far superior.

low kick or brick break and pursuit or feint attack on sneasle? SD-set

Low kick>Brick break. About feint/pursuit, since its sd set i recommend feint attack.

Which moves on Arcanine ?

Morning sun                       or                    Morning sun

Extremespeed                                           Extremespeed  

Crunch                                                       Double Kick

Flamethrower                                             Overheat

and which iv's at 31 tho ?

Edited by Speedox
  • 2 weeks later...

Is scizor or metagross viable as spdef tank in OU? Nature, EVs and moves?

There are different things that effect the viability of those pokemon.

• You have no control over what threats will arise in this unknown meta with gengar gone. This piece of information that effects their viability to some degree can currently only be speculated towards.

For viability that you can impact as a team builder:

• #1 None of us can escape from base stats. So, the most notable characteristic of these two pokemon is that If you want to use one of those for special defense, they should be used primarily as checks or as part of a core of special defenders. They simply do not have enough bulk to hold off intense special attackers on their own. This is especially true for metagross who lacks instant recovery. I would assume you know this and intend to use scizor or metagross mostly for advantageous "niches" against certain high usage threats.
  • #2 To what degree scizor or metagross is viable depends somewhat on how they are used on the team. What do I mean? For example, let us propose that special defense scizor can safely switch in against 15% of the common metagame threats. However, once entered scizor is unable to get passed certain common switch ins: weezing/skarmory/etc.  You should have a plan for this and be ready to act. when this happens to scizor. It takes planning and some trail and error. The bottom line is: If you don't get a plan going for scenarios like that, you're just pulling in dead weight when you send out scizor. Doing that, you are losing momentum. Defense can't hold up forever. If you constantly lose momentum and can't get a punch in, it's just a matter of time before you get  RNG haxed by a crit or something. I would assume you know this too, but I'm just walking you through my thought process.

As far as moves, I say the same thing to everyone:

it depends on your team. I never recommend common move sets because you can look them up on smogon or spectate duels and see those common sets. It is simple: what is best for you is what your team needs and is unique to you. No one else can know it unless you list your whole team for us to see what you have going on there - your strategy. If you need a pursuit user badly, use pursuit on metagross. If you want psychic because you don't have something specifically for weezing, use psychic.

You probably know this above paragraph too, but everyone still comes in here and asks what moves they should use. I guess they are just unsure what the optimum choice is and want an opinion. There is no need to worry: there will always be duels where during the heat of the moment you have one move that you wish you could switch out for something else. If you just had that one move different you could have had so much less of a hard time. Afterwords, you can be tempted to change your team. The truth is that just because you lose a match doesn't always mean anything because you can't be ready for every scenario. If your team is generally successful the majority of the time, that is the most you can hope for in this RNG game in my opinion.

Good luck bb

TL;DR: [EQ, tpunch, Meteor mash, Agility/explosion.]