Noad

Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

Zymogen   
11 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Okay, so what are the major threats of the current meta that I should be prepared for?

What tier?

Zymogen   
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

OU

Bear in mind that this is a preliminary outline due to lack of usage statistics, but you'll find the discussions in the comments to be a useful insight

Edited by Zymogen

Zymogen   
1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Does defog clear entry hazards on both sides of the field?

Yep

I've taken a look at OU viability and usage statistics etc since I came back after a long while, and I'm trying to compute everything that has changed..

One thing is bothering me though, how are Dugtrio and (even more so) Wobbuffet not banned ? I've never been a fan of outright banning everything thats big in the meta (see blissey or snorlax), but aren't those two just annoying-no-counterplay gimmicks ?

Also, another unrelated question: why is Salamence so rarely used ? Why is Dnite used over Salamence ? Surely intimidate + better speed makes up for a bit of lost bulk? 

Edited by aeeaeeaaa

Zymogen   
47 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

I've taken a look at OU viability and usage statistics etc since I came back after a long while, and I'm trying to compute everything that has changed..

One thing is bothering me though, how are Dugtrio and (even more so) Wobbuffet not banned ? I've never been a fan of outright banning everything thats big in the meta (see blissey or snorlax), but aren't those two just annoying-no-counterplay gimmicks ?

Also, another unrelated question: why is Salamence so rarely used ? Why is Dnite used over Salamence ? Surely intimidate + better speed makes up for a bit of lost bulk? 

No tiering changes have happened since the update - they unbanned everything so that they could start from a clean slate and wait for the meta to settle before making any significant alterations, so that’s why you see uncompetitive/broken mons like Dugtrio/Wobbuffet still in the tier

Dragonite has an advantage over Salamence in that it is one of the more powerful (if not the most powerful) priority users with access to the highest base power (80) priority move in extremespeed and also one of the highest base Attack stats (134) in the game. It may also have something to do with the fact that the dragons don’t have access to 120 base power Outrage and, in Salamence’s case, it also does not yet have access to Moxie to abuse alongside it. 

Alright so I should keep in mind whe breeding that things such as Dnite/Mence, wobbuffet, dugtrio, blissey and tyranitar may not be in OU forever right ?

corrrect me if I missed any other "contested" pokemon

Edited by aeeaeeaaa

suigin   
23 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Alright so I should keep in mind whe breeding that things such as Dnite/Mence, wobbuffet, dugtrio, blissey and tyranitar may not be in OU forever right ?

corrrect me if I missed any other "contested" pokemon

Yeah pretty much.

I'd say Blissey TTar Dnite and Mence are pretty safe to breed right now and I don't really see them becoming a huge problem in the future once other bans occur.

hey guys i'm trying to make a mixed attack set Raichu.

i want it to learn these moves

Fly
Surf
ThunderBolt

a good fighting type attack that is not SP Attack

or suggest some moves that i would like to see.