Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

What would be a good answer to Flygon?

Im not sure about answer but , Flygon cant do any setup like sword dance (dragon claw-rock slide- crunch-quick attack- eq-thunder punch-superpower- flamethrower possible moves i guess) , so Sandslash- Hitmontop-Quagsire-Weezing can take a hit without think.

Edited by FinnTheMember
1 minute ago, Maelstrom said:

I already asked it to some ppl in game, but just to be sure I will ask this here for the last time:

Can I get my pokemons up to lvl 100 and still use it at lvl 50 pvp? I mean, my lvl 100 pokes will be setup to lvl 50 on these matches or I simply can't use it?

Level 51-100 gets rounded down to 50 in tournament mode or officials. For LC it gets rounded down to lvl 5.

25 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Help against Aerodactyl please

This pokemon is dumb really

all my tanks get flinched

jolteon is literally a 50%freewin 50% freelose

scarfers for revenge killing are waay too obvious noone will not switch

Slowbro, Weezing, Rhydon, Vaporeon, Forretress, Skarmory, Porygon, Ludicolo, Milotic, Dusclops, Metagross are some of the common Aero checks, some of those won't like getting hit with CB EQ tho and others will enjoy it like Gyarados for example, but playing Aero is usually either relying on prediction or just mindless rock spam. As for revenge killing it yeah it's hard since pretty much only Jolteon and other Aeros speed tie with it, unless you bring out a Meta into a locked Rock Slide/ Aerial Ace/ Double Edge and CB Pursuit it for example which does like 70-80% if it switches out.

TL;DR: Run more walls

Edited by LifeStyle

I run 4 walls already but of all of those you listed, nearly all of them can't take repeated rock slide

Forre, Skarm, Wezing Vap Pory Milo all take very serious damage from RS spam and basically enter the field, take 20-35% dmg, and then try to hit it while he simply switchs out, and I've lost a lot of momentum

Repeat once or twice and my tanks are in the red -> one crit or flinch = lose game

Should i run some gimmick like counter on Forre ? I really don't like it..

7 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

I run 4 walls already but of all of those you listed, nearly all of them can't take repeated rock slide

Forre, Skarm, Wezing Vap Pory Milo all take very serious damage from RS spam and basically enter the field, take 20-35% dmg, and then try to hit it while he simply switchs out, and I've lost a lot of momentum

Repeat once or twice and my tanks are in the red -> one crit or flinch = lose game

Should i run some gimmick like counter on Forre ? I really don't like it..

I mean, gameplan when walling something is bringing a check, take damage, recover the damage and then either hit or throw status. If you come in to take damage and try hitting instantly then you're doing it wrong (Except for some situations like a good prediction). I'm talking about those that have insta recovery moves ofc (Pory2, Ludi, Milotic, etc), things like Forre/Skarm (Roost when) are supposed to come in, wall something and throw spikes (or use Counter). Also as for the "very serious damage" part:

252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 48-56 (27.9 - 32.5%) -- 75.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 54-64 (31.3 - 37.2%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 82-97 (34.5 - 40.9%) -- 63.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 69-82 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- 53.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Porygon2: 64-76 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- 13.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I mean, those are pretty nice checks since it's a CB STAB move against shit that don't resist it, imagine if stuff like Meta/Swamp/Rhydon come in on it.

You can try something like Relaxed Swampert if you're looking for the ultimate Aero checks

My problem is that, sure, these poke you listed can take a hit (even though with a layer of spike most of them will be in trouble really quick) but my issue is that they tend to put very low pressure once they come on Aerodactyl..

Spikers -> sure you get a layer or two,  but meanwhile the Aero spams RS and you're basically left without a functionning defensive core, which means your layer of spike is close to being a non-factor since the duel is going to be all-in now. So yeah maybe I'll put counter but I have to give up EQ and I'm not even sure it's worth

Vap/Milo/Porygon: reeeeaaaally easy to abuse + really no that bulky (3HKO is not a reliable check imo, especially when they're all 3 affected by spikes and that RS has high flinch rate). Also any "surprising set" (as in, investing in spatk to get some unexpected firepower) dies even faster to RS so basicaally they put no pressure and are forced to recover on the switch

Weezing: decent but not really favored in this meta imo

It's kind of annoying how few pokemons can completely shut off this guy.. I guess I'll run a Swampert then

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

For OU? I dont know why you would run raichu, but i guess hp ice would be best, then pair it with something to handle swamperts, like venu. 

Sorry for the dumb question, but I need ice for what exactly? The only one I can think is flygon and maybe venusaur, but I don't think it would be "safe" to use it against flygon since they speed tie...

Just now, Maelstrom said:

Sorry for the dumb question, but I need ice for what exactly? The only one I can think is flygon and maybe venusaur, but I don't think it would be "safe" to use it against flygon since they speed tie...

Well, most flygons run adamant CB, but scarf is a thing too so.. it's really whats best for ur team imo, cuz u can ohko rhydons with surf anyway, so grass would be only for quagsire/swampert.