Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

18 minutes ago, iBiscoitinho said:

Greetings,

I was thinking in using this little lady here for a Physical Sweeper only. But we know that Infernape has both possibilities of using Attack and Special Attack movesets. My question is, in a long run, should I invest in making it a 6x31 IV pokémon for a future possibility of changing the moveset, os should I keep it this way?

I ask it because it's my first 5x31 breed, so I am lacking a good money source. The focus now would be rebattle NPC to farm money and later finish breeding the whole team. So thanks in advance for any tip you can give me. Have a nice day :)

Chimchar-5x31.gif

The problem with using it as purely physical now, but eventually switching it to a mixed attacker, is that the nature will likely be off. Pure physical wants Jolly, whereas mixed attackers want naive/hasty. So you might as well leave it as a 5x31 for now and if you want a mixed attacker later, breed a new one

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think about a sub and ddance flygon in UU? I'm currently trying to master a sun team with this flygon as one of my phys sweepers. Moveset will be fire punch, d claw, sub, and ddance. Nature would be adamant. Idk if I should use leftovers or lifeorb though. 

1 hour ago, Transendence said:

What do you guys think about a sub and ddance flygon in UU? I'm currently trying to master a sun team with this flygon as one of my phys sweepers. Moveset will be fire punch, d claw, sub, and ddance. Nature would be adamant. Idk if I should use leftovers or lifeorb though. 

Leftovers for sub and life orb for no sub. You need leftovers for the sustain in a sub set. 

It's definitely interesting. In my experience (which is not much), most people use flygon as a hazard setter so it could be viable.  

16 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

Leftovers for sub and life orb for no sub. You need leftovers for the sustain in a sub set. 

It's definitely interesting. In my experience (which is not much), most people use flygon as a hazard setter so it could be viable.  

leftovers it is. much appreciation, my dude

2 hours ago, Transendence said:

You can smack a lum berry on it instead of a sub and go for another coverage move. Or you can give it eq, and actually be a sweeper

• 1 month later...

Any advices on breeding a Rotom-W ? Is it most often used as defog-user or just some kind of bulky pivot ?

Do you have any idea what the preferred spread would be ? 

I don't really understand what makes it strong besides it's typing+levitate but I'd like to give it a try and see by myself what it is capable of

Rotom is a very versatile mon so its hard to say. Really depends on your team. I think you can get the most mileage out of a timid one. It fits all rotom forms if youd ever wanna experiment with different ones. Common spreads for timid are max hp, max speed. Max spa, max speed. Leftovers, sitrus, scarf. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 12:43 PM, poggerspep said:

when to invest in hp, defense or sp. defense? i mean is there a consensus when it comes to priority? for pokemon that focus on attack/sp. attack and speed i mean, not those whose focus is any of the aforementioned attributes.

Generally depends on the pokemon and what it does best. Like bulkier pivots or walls will focus on HP and it's better defensive stats ( some do opposite like Chansey ). Slower/bulky attackers generally focus on hp and it's preferred attack stat since it won't out speed much anyway. Some people will put a small amount into speed just to make sure theirs is faster than other. 

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey, new to this game and i have been doing the pvp here for a little bit. in terms of mechanics/moves/etc there seems to be a lot pulled from newer games, a lot kept from bw, and some other pretty arbitrary changes. is there some sort of resource i can read to see everything that is different in this game compared to basic gen 5, specifically in terms of mechanics and move changes?