Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

14 minutes ago, WildProphet said:

thx for  the tips!

any suggestions?

You want tyranitar or else exadrill is pointless. If you bring tyranitar and exadrill, have at least 2 counters for any counter to tyranitar and exadrill. A few counters are any rain teams, so bring a good rain counter that can sit and wait out the rain. You already have ferrothorn so you shouldn't worry about much under the rain other than some nasty fighting types. Double dragons is a bad idea because now your team is even weaker to ice (which is common under rain as well) and other dragons.

You have a mixed Salamance with fire blast and 2 physical moves and a mixed dragonite. Neither is ideal due to mixing. I would have a dedicated special attacker and physical attacker instead.

Your team is very heavily focused on offense, with no supporting pokemon/supporting moves and no tanks other than ferrothorn. I would bring at the minimum 2 tanks on most teams. One tank for physical attacks and one for special attacks. Ferro is a good physical tank due to iron barbs and rocky helmet. I would swap one of your dragons for a special tank like chansey.

Your team also needs a healer if it wants to win with that much offense, so chansey would pull double duty as a healer with heal bell and wish. Cause burns will absolutely crush your physical sweepers

7 minutes ago, RIchardZheng said:

You want tyranitar or else exadrill is pointless. If you bring tyranitar and exadrill, have at least 2 counters for any counter to tyranitar and exadrill. A few counters are any rain teams, so bring a good rain counter that can sit and wait out the rain. You already have ferrothorn so you shouldn't worry about much under the rain other than some nasty fighting types. Double dragons is a bad idea because now your team is even weaker to ice (which is common under rain as well) and other dragons.

You have a mixed Salamance with fire blast and 2 physical moves and a mixed dragonite. Neither is ideal due to mixing. I would have a dedicated special attacker and physical attacker instead.

Your team is very heavily focused on offense, with no supporting pokemon/supporting moves and no tanks other than ferrothorn. I would bring at the minimum 2 tanks on most teams. One tank for physical attacks and one for special attacks. Ferro is a good physical tank due to iron barbs and rocky helmet. I would swap one of your dragons for a special tank like chansey.

Your team also needs a healer if it wants to win with that much offense, so chansey would pull double duty as a healer with heal bell and wish. Cause burns will absolutely crush your physical sweepers

Thx alot! In your opinion what dragon should i keep? is it just preference?

2 minutes ago, WildProphet said:

Thx alot! In your opinion what dragon should i keep? is it just preference?

It really depends on your team and what you want. I tried most dragons but stuck with Hydreigon because fire blast and focus blast deal with some of the best tanks (skarmory, ferrothorn, chansey, blissey) and dragon pulse would deal with everything else. Taunt helps shut down tanks even further and either forces them to sacrafice a tank or swap.

Hydreigon is the best special dragon IMO. If you really need a physical dragon, I would keep Dragonite

11 minutes ago, RIchardZheng said:

It really depends on your team and what you want. I tried most dragons but stuck with Hydreigon because fire blast and focus blast deal with some of the best tanks (skarmory, ferrothorn, chansey, blissey) and dragon pulse would deal with everything else. Taunt helps shut down tanks even further and either forces them to sacrafice a tank or swap.

Hydreigon is the best special dragon IMO. If you really need a physical dragon, I would keep Dragonite

How about like this?

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def  
Impish Nature  
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe  
- Stealth Rock  
- Leech Seed  
- Power Whip  
- Iron Head  

Lapras @ Leftovers  
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 200 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 44 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hydro Pump  
- Thunderbolt  
- Ice Beam  
- Substitute  

Chansey @ Eviolite  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Wish  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Toxic  
- Heal Bell  

Hydreigon @ Life Orb  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Dark Pulse  
- Fire Blast  
- Draco Meteor  
- Focus Blast  

Rhyperior @ Leftovers  
Ability: Solid Rock  
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Blast  
- Dragon Tail  

Electivire @ Life Orb  
Ability: Motor Drive  
EVs: 248 Atk / 36 SpA / 224 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Wild Charge  
- Flamethrower  
- Earthquake  
- Ice Punch  

Just now, WildProphet said:

How about like this?

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def  
Impish Nature  
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe  
- Stealth Rock  
- Leech Seed  
- Power Whip  
- Iron Head  

Lapras @ Leftovers  
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 200 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 44 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Thunderbolt  
- Ice Beam  
- Substitute  

Chansey @ Eviolite  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Wish  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Toxic  
- Heal Bell  

Hydreigon @ Life Orb  
Ability: Levitate  
Modest Nature  
- Dark Pulse  
- Fire Blast  
- Draco Meteor  
- Focus Blast  

Rhyperior @ Leftovers  
Ability: Solid Rock  
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Blast  
- Dragon Tail  

Electivire @ Life Orb  
Ability: Motor Drive  
EVs: 248 Atk / 36 SpA / 224 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Wild Charge  
- Flamethrower  
- Earthquake  
- Ice Punch  

I'm not too sure about Lapras. It isn't a really good water type to have. Starmie with hydro pump, ice beam, thunderbolt and rapid spin would serve you better as a fast attacker that can also support with rapid spin.

7 minutes ago, RIchardZheng said:

I'm not too sure about Lapras. It isn't a really good water type to have. Starmie with hydro pump, ice beam, thunderbolt and rapid spin would serve you better as a fast attacker that can also support with rapid spin.

thx i will look it out

The rest of the team its decent?

jolteon or electrivire?

Edited by WildProphet
4 minutes ago, WildProphet said:

thx i will look it out

The rest of the team its decent?

At this point I feel its less of quick fire questions and more of me rebuilding your team lol.

I'm all for off meta picks and underdogs, but Electavire and Rhyerior also are not really that good.

They are both the same story, not the best attackers but bulky. But not truly bulky enough to be a tank and not that flexible either.

I feel like I should stop weighing in and let some other, more experienced, folks jump in an help as I am basically making a team for you at this point, which is not what you requested

Just now, RIchardZheng said:

At this point I feel its less of quick fire questions and more of me rebuilding your team lol.

I'm all for off meta picks and underdogs, but Electavire and Rhyerior also are not really that good.

They are both the same story, not the best attackers but bulky. But not truly bulky enough to be a tank and not that flexible either.

I feel like I should stop weighing in and let some other, more experienced, folks jump in an help as I am basically making a team for you at this point, which is not what you requested

thx im done xD i will try to do it my self but thx for the help 

Hi guys Can you help me out with tips on this rain team? I wanted to switch a pokemon for a phisical one don't know witch to switch (maybe I would include azumarill) 

Pelipper @ Damp Rock  
Ability: Drizzle  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Hurricane  
- Scald  
- U-turn  
- Roost  

Kingdra @ Life Orb  
Ability: Swift Swim  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Draco Meteor  
- Rain Dance  
- Ice Beam  

Ludicolo @ Life Orb  
Ability: Swift Swim  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Rain Dance  
- Counter  
- Giga Drain  
- Ice Beam  

Starmie @ Life Orb  
Ability: Analytic  
Timid Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Thunderbolt  
- Ice Beam  
- Rapid Spin  

Vaporeon @ Life Orb  
Ability: Hydration  
EVs: 212 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Surf  
- Ice Beam  
- Hidden Power [Grass]  
- Rest  

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Rain Dish  
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Rapid Spin  
- Toxic  
- Scald  
- Protect

Edited by WildProphet
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 4:07 PM, Kiwito said:

I just got a 31/30/31/15/31/30/22 Adamant Scyther between the breeds. Is the 31 speed crucial on this species, or can I run it already?

Also, suggestions for a Jolly Gliscor?

Scizor doesn't really need speed, as it will get bullet punch for priority and with a BS speed of 65, you won't be outspeeding much. But it obviously depends on the set you are running.

Some offensive swords dance sets pack max speed (including EVs) as well as jolly nature, also scarf sets pack max speed. But since your nature is Adamant, you probably don't care about speed

What do you want your Gliscor to do?

1 hour ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Any ideas for a Steelix set?Seen so many not sure wich one to do now :D Got quite some NU Comps so maybe give me a few ideas.

Thx

Steelix is amazing as a wall. It is hands down the best wall at that tier IIRC, with tons of resistances and 2 immunities (to toxic/toxic spikes and electric moves)

A good set for steelix would be Relaxed nature (lower speed, don't worry, you don't need that speed anyways) with max EVs in HP and defense, with 6 in attack

For moves, try:

1. earthquake, it crushes lots of pokemon, and usually can force a swap
  2. gyro ball, it turns a weakness (slow speed) into an advantage, what more can you ask for?
  3. stealth rock, abuses the fact that you can force swap outs
  4. dragon tail, since taunt users outspeed and force you to attack, dragon tail gets around taunt
  • 1 month later...

Hey! :D Good morning everyone

I was planning an OU comp team and came across with deciding my physical sweeper, normally I would use Garchomp but since it isn't available yet I think my go-to choices are Salamence, Dragonite or Haxorus. So the question is: Which one do you think is better? As far as I know both Dragonite and Salamence are better than Haxorus (although i would prefer him as he looks cooler), but i can't decide between those two... I think they both have their weaknesses but i'm still kinda new so i'm looking forward to someone else's opinion on this :D

tl;dr: Which is better? Dragonite or Salamence?

PS: I'm also open to any other physical sweeper suggestions for OU, just don't say Conkeldurr as I already use Mienshao in my team as a lead

Thank y'all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Greetings,

I was thinking in using this little lady here for a Physical Sweeper only. But we know that Infernape has both possibilities of using Attack and Special Attack movesets. My question is, in a long run, should I invest in making it a 6x31 IV pokémon for a future possibility of changing the moveset, os should I keep it this way?

I ask it because it's my first 5x31 breed, so I am lacking a good money source. The focus now would be rebattle NPC to farm money and later finish breeding the whole team. So thanks in advance for any tip you can give me. Have a nice day :)

Chimchar-5x31.gif

Edited by iBiscoitinho
typo