Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

Hi, i just plan to build my first NU team, and i have fiew questions  about this tier:

1.  How machmaking looks like? I saw forum topic where people complain that they "cant find anyone to play with".
2,  Bellymar + mach punch is legal 

3.  Someone know how counter salac set  

Edited by Mitsagami1
3 minutes ago, Mitsagami1 said:

Hi, i just plan to build my first NU team, and i have fiew questions  about this tier:

1.  How machmaking looks like? I saw forum topic where people complain that they "cant find anyone to play with".
2,  Bellymar + mach punch is legal 

3.  Someone know how counter salac set  

1. Matchmaking pretty much doesn't work because not enough join the queue. It has worked in the past, but very rarely in the present.

2. Yes that's legal. There's some common mons that wall it with relative ease, such as Solrock.

3. Priority users like quick attack fearow/espeed Raichu as well as faster scarf users or simply just wall them.

Just now, Mitsagami1 said:

That means this tier is waste of time, if you dont plan to play turnaments? 

Playing competitively would be a waste of time if you don't plan to enter tournaments. Doing well in ranked just places you high on the leaderboard, but you get no other rewards or benefits. 

Just now, KaynineXL said:

If you want to play matchmaking, do OU.

Other than that, you can play unofficials(like PSL which is a league with weekly battles) or tournaments.

6 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Playing competitively would be a waste of time if you don't plan to enter tournaments. Doing well in ranked just places you high on the leaderboard, but you get no other rewards or benefits. 

Even rankeds are so hard to find in NU?

7 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

There's any way to counterplay a pursuit traper with a psychic or you should just accept the death?

Can substitute protect against pursuit on the switch out?

If you get sub in as pursuit user enters, you'll be able to switch safely, otherwise you likely won't get out without dying. 

51 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

There's any way to counterplay a pursuit traper with a psychic or you should just accept the death?

Can substitute protect against pursuit on the switch out?

Psychic types can typically run some kind of coverage move for pursuit users. Signal beam hits pure dark types for super effective damage. Hidden power ground can hit steel types or houndoom that try to pursuit. Or something like slowbro is bulky enough to take pursuits from anything, so it doesn't have anything to worry about. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yo by mishap i sent items from my account log in name darcyte  that has 3  separate characters to account i forgot log in name to yet chaosec be one of the 3 new character i already created is which got the sent items is there a customer service number i call that can help me google  directed me here

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Well, I don't play since january and I just came back to the game. My question is: what changed in the metagame now that Chansey is gone?

eeemmm, too many changes, but the biggest one is that matchs no longer last 60 min

special pokes have higher usage (specially magne, typho and starmie) but physical ones are still dominant... for some reason there are a lot of spikes and status are stronger now

and poor Ursa is not very used now

Any tips to counter Metagross? I have both Slowbro and Arcanine on my team at the moment, but Metagross gets coverage against both of them (Plus an immunity to Intimidate, thanks to Clear Body). Are there any hard counters for it in the current metagame?

29 minutes ago, HowLXG said:

Any tips to counter Metagross? I have both Slowbro and Arcanine on my team at the moment, but Metagross gets coverage against both of them (Plus an immunity to Intimidate, thanks to Clear Body). Are there any hard counters for it in the current metagame?

milotic, skarmory and swampert are good counters too... forre and ludicolo can resist a lot of attacks but again any of those can wall meta for ever

slowbro to be a full counter against all physical meta would need thunder wave... arca is only good against band meta if you make the right prediction

meta is not something that you can wall forever, but you can actually make a lot of plays against it (like send slowbro/arca against a meteor mash and then change to flygon wich is inmune against thunder punch and earthquake)

On 29/07/2017 at 8:42 PM, HowLXG said:

Bulky Swampert usually does a good overall job at checking any Metagross (Barring the gimmick hp grass in 1/200 Metas), pack a wish support with it and Meta shouldnt give you any trouble at all.

Like Luis said theres also combos to play around it like Skarm+Flygon (Skarm to check mash, then Flygon to check tpunch/hp fire) or if Meta is banded you just need to predict what move it will blast and switch into the appropriate check.

Magneton for example can punish Metagross really hard if it finds itself locking into mash/pursuit on choice sets.

And then ofc lots of things can outspeed and even KO meta, barring scarf Meta which then just gets walled easier anyways.

2 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Bulky Swampert usually does a good overall job at checking any Metagross (Barring the gimmick hp grass in 1/200 Metas), pack a wish support with it and Meta shouldnt give you any trouble at all.

Like Luis said theres also combos to play around it like Skarm+Flygon (Skarm to check mash, then Flygon to check tpunch/hp fire) or if Meta is banded you just need to predict what move it will blast and switch into the appropriate check.

Magneton for example can punish Metagross really hard if it finds itself locking into mash/pursuit on choice sets.

And then ofc lots of things can outspeed and even KO meta, barring scarf Meta which then just gets walled easier anyways.

I was having more trouble against the agility set, but thank you (and Luis) for all the tips, really appreciate it (: