Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

On 04/10/2016 at 6:23 AM, OrangeManiac said:

If you wanna run one for fun I recommend a Sub Pain Split user to take advantage of the huge HP stat of Snorlax and Chansey and drain them a lot of HP with Pain Split.

You know?, Imprison, mimic, fire spin, rest, traps chansey and lax and renders them unable to do a thing to you (Besides eq lax)

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

@Tranzmaster

Okay, thank you very much!

One more question: Jolly or Adamant?

I'm running Belly Drum with Salac Berry, so I'm fine with Adamant. At +1 speed, you speed tie with scarf Adamant Flygon and you get outsped by scarf trick starmie, but you're good in 99% of the cases honestly (you even outspeed jolly scarf heracross with +1).

I have only lost with it against priority users and swampert, so using bellyzard in ranked/tournaments should only be used when you scouted IMO.

Adamant also can get you some ohko's with spikes (thick fat snorlax, defensive slowbro, etc)

The most common set is: Belly Drum/Sub/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch fyi

Edited by Tranzmaster
28 minutes ago, Thorvirdh said:

What moveset on mixed HP Grass Blaziken?

Also, EV spread- 252 in speed rest split equally beetween attack and sp. attack?

HP grass / flamethrower or fire blast / superpower / thunderpunch or QA 

split attacks is ok but I like full attack tho 

Would SD Breloom (or CB Breloom, undecided yet) benefit from jolly nature, or should I go adamant ?

It seems that the only difference is that I would be in a speed tie with Gyarados

Or is jolly better to outspeed Metagross? I have always played my metagross as a bulky attacker so I'm not really familiar with what is its standard speed investment

Edited by aeeaeeaaa
16 hours ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Would SD Breloom (or CB Breloom, undecided yet) benefit from jolly nature, or should I go adamant ?

It seems that the only difference is that I would be in a speed tie with Gyarados

Or is jolly better to outspeed Metagross? I have always played my metagross as a bulky attacker so I'm not really familiar with what is its standard speed investment

Adament metagross is so rarely uses with 252 speed ev, it benefits too much from the additional bulk.  The traditional advice I have always seen is that you want an adament breloom, I have never seen any moveset breloom be effective aside from the sub/punch/spore/ ...

2 minutes ago, ShainPlays said:

is HP Fighting even useful on a Magneton, and is HP Ghost even useful on a Charizard?

For magnetron it is better to have HP Grass/Fire.

Fire to trap steel types and finish them out.

grass is for swampert.

Hp Grass/Elec is best for Charizard

1 minute ago, athelstan said:

I have a question about LC tournaments. I want to make a LC-team but i have question: Can my pokemon be higher than level 5 (so they will get scaled down) or not?

There is in game support for LC just be sure to tick the box when sending a duel request to someone (and they are automatically set to level 5 for automated tournaments).

Apparently Snorlax is banned (?), so I would like to know how you handle Charizard ?

More precisely special Charizard, because bellydrum is quite one-dimensional and high risk high reward so np

But special Charizard is hard... It's hard to predict if it's a sunny day set or a dumb life orber spam on the switch

Life orb covers about everything and once the guy has a little bit of info on your team you end up getting f'd because unless he's braindead he will at least have one good prediction out of the 10 life orb recoils

Sunny is at least tolerable but it's still not very funny to be on the receiving end

On  top of that with it's typing Charizard can come several times on the field with little risk

I checked pokedex to try to find a good thing to switch but found nothing tbh

-Arcanine: unless you put some specialdef invest (which sounds shit) it won't take the hits

-Porygon: not tanky enough to last  long + very low momentum gain

-Houndoom: loses and slower than Charizard

-Umbreon horrible poke

-Kanga: didn't try yet but I'm really not convinced this poke would give me any momentum

-Dusclops: seriously gets in trouble pretty fast & no good recovery move

-Milo/any bulky water: if it's sunnyday you can disconnect just after switching, if it's lifeorb you can switch once, but next time you get in trouble cause of HP elec

-Gyara: HP elec on lifeorbe, Double solarbeam on sunnyday (gyara doesnt kill Charizard under the sun)

-Hariyama with thick fat: is this guy even a thing ?

So basically all I can see is: Chansey which is good but a pokemon I hate 10x more than snorlax and bulky Kingdra (meh)

How do you handle this poke pls ? Help!!

Charizard can´t hit Arcanine with Flash Fire (No need invest def spé) except with ancientpower (2-3 Ohko) and ext speed rekt Bellyzard.

Water Bulky and Rhydon are useless cause Solarbeam on SpeCharizard.

Chansey and Kingdra aren´t the only ones way : Gyara with Thunderbolt, Flygon, Altaria, Miltank (Thick Fat) for exemple

Edited by Aspiration

I like Tenta. I´m run it. RS untrapped is precious in late game.

Not a good as SpéTank with her weakness, Ground and Elec moves are everywhere, but it´s a good weapon as tech hit-and-run. Maybe the only safty counter vs Venu / Ludicolo.

I don´t find the perfect moveset yet. Knock Off / RS are interesting. Sludge Bomb + Water hit all but Giga-Drain and Ice Beam could be strong in certains situations =\

I need some help with cloyster EV spread, my doubt is between these ones:

252hp - 252def

for maximun physical defense (?)

252hp - 252spatk

because it already has enough defense (?)

252hp - 252spdef

to cover his lack of special defense while still having enough defense (?)

Which one should I chose? I already have one recen breeded shellder with bold nature, should I change it?

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

I need some help with cloyster EV spread, my doubt is between these ones:

252hp - 252def

for maximun physical defense (?)

252hp - 252spatk

because it already has enough defense (?)

252hp - 252spdef

to cover his lack of special defense while still having enough defense (?)

Which one should I chose? I already have one recen breeded shellder with bold nature, should I change it?

His spdef will be shit even if you invest into it.. so go with the first once. And bold nature ofc, or impish with icicle spear hue. 

2 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

His spdef will be shit even if you invest into it.. so go with the first once. And bold nature ofc, or impish with icicle spear hue. 

Okay, really thanks!

I just got this doubt because I see some ppl going bold/252def on chansey to cover her shitty def and some

modest/252hp - 252spatk cloysters, so it made me think about...