Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

Any ideas on how current Houndoom works ?

I left before the gen 4 damage split, when he was played as a sunny day sp.attacker, but apparently it's kind of mixed right now?

I've got this houndoom:

Hasty , egg moves : Reversal, w-o-w, pusuit, D-Bond , its HP is Electric type

I was thinking maybe something like HP, FT, Crunch, DBond

But it feels like this won't do much damage tbh

4 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Any ideas on how current Houndoom works ?

I left before the gen 4 damage split, when he was played as a sunny day sp.attacker, but apparently it's kind of mixed right now?

I've got this houndoom:

Hasty , egg moves : Reversal, w-o-w, pusuit, D-Bond , its HP is Electric type

I was thinking maybe something like HP, FT, Crunch, DBond

But it feels like this won't do much damage tbh

max attack houndoom crunch with life orb hurts anything tbh, and if you get that def drop, its pretty much dead/has to switch out. 

Hasty: Pursuit, Crunch, Flamethrower, HP Elec @ Life Orb

252 attack 252 speed 

is pretty dank 

1 hour ago, chaos97 said:

snorlax and gardevoir best nature and move set pls

Uhh not too sure on the snorlax. Think it's adamant with Eq body slam, fire punch and pursuit(lmao who am I kidding idk)

garde- Calm with Wish psychic WoW heal bell or protect

can go timid with Cm tbolt psychic and signal beam (i think)

13 hours ago, chaos97 said:

snorlax and gardevoir best nature and move set pls

Snorlax common sets - careful - curse rest body slam fire punch 

cb set - adamant - pursuit body slam fire punch earthquake/crunch

gardevoir - timid with hp investment - wow psychic/tbolt wish protect

calm full hp sp def - psychic wish wow protect 

4 minutes ago, Thorvirdh said:

Hi

Is there any merit to run Bullet Seed on Herracross? Thinking about it since it gives some coverage with rock slide/eq/megahorn/brick break don't offer

not really, might be good for sub rhydons and catch some swamperts but thats pretty much it. It's not like you cant hit those hard with ur stab moves anyways.

Also low kick > brick break on heracross 

14 minutes ago, Thorvirdh said:

Jolly or Adamant for Absol?

Impish or Adamant for Poliwrath?

Depends no what set you want for poliwrath. Jolly is usually better on absol doesnt matter the set

Impish poli is for covering a defensive role

Adamant is for covering a offensive role. 

you need to figure out which one you want the most or goes better with ur team 

Best pokemon to punish Weezing ? Besides special sweepers ofc. I mean, how do you deal with weezing when it's sent on your phys. sweeper and you know its going to burn/pain split any of your switches? I have a hard a hard time beating this pokemon..

I'm trying Guts pokemons but so far the results are average

Edited by aeeaeeaaa
38 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Best pokemon to punish Weezing ? Besides special sweepers ofc. I mean, how do you deal with weezing when it's sent on your phys. sweeper and you know its going to burn/pain split any of your switches? I have a hard a hard time beating this pokemon..

try ursaring, you are welcome 

2 hours ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

You can use ursaring/blaziken(if you know your opponent will wow/ps/flamethrower)/arcanine(you can get poisoned by sludge but can do well even if poisoned)/heracross with facade(2HKOs if burned)/a chansey(weezing doesnt do shit against chansey and you can Twave it and switch to something else when you have the occasion)

12 minutes ago, MadelnHeaven said:

how do i git gud

I'd say replays of recent officials would help as they give you an accurate overview of the latest meta and therefore aid you in designing teams/breeding comps. It might also help to have a team that is competitively-inclined since it's easier to thrive in an environment where most, if not everyone, knows what they're talking about.

Edited by whilt
22 minutes ago, whilt said:

I'd say replays of recent officials would help as they give you an accurate overview of the latest meta and therefore aid you in designing teams/breeding comps. It might also help to have a team that is competitively-inclined since it's easier to thrive in an environment where most, if not everyone, knows what they're talking about.

no u

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of EV spread should I go for on Gardevoir?

I wanted to make something quite bulky with good sp.def , but people told me I absolutely need a ton of def in oder to survive pursuit

plans (still breeding):

Gardevoir (Calm)

- W-o-w

- Protect

- Wish

- Psychic

The plan is to be able to wall common special sweepers

Edited by aeeaeeaaa
9 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

What kind of EV spread should I go for on Gardevoir?

I wanted to make something quite bulky with good sp.def , but people told me I absolutely need a ton of def in oder to survive pursuit

plans (still breeding):

Gardevoir (Calm)

- W-o-w

- Protect

- Wish

- Psychic

The plan is to be able to wall common special sweepers

I feel you're better off with def bulk (Bold nature). The strongest spakers imo are Jolteon / Starmie / CM'ers like Zam+Espy, You wall Jolt since you can trace VA, you'll basically be pp stalling Starmie since you'll be relying on wow mainly to chip away at its health, and you can't wall CM Zam / Espy because they threaten you with Signal beam and wow-ing them is risky since synchronize passes it back to you. Since Garde has a huge spdef base stat as it is, there isn't much of a need to invest in it unless you face something like specs starmie. 

Edited by NikhilR