Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

Made my own thread for this but realized this might be a better place to ask it.

For Sp Def Tank Luicolo should I run Synthesis or Protect or Substitute? Rest of the move set is Leech Seed, Gigadrain and Toxic. I am leaning towards protect to use everyother turn while leech seed and toxic does work.

8 minutes ago, Vonlin said:

Made my own thread for this but realized this might be a better place to ask it.

For Sp Def Tank Luicolo should I run Synthesis or Protect or Substitute? Rest of the move set is Leech Seed, Gigadrain and Toxic. I am leaning towards protect to use everyother turn while leech seed and toxic does work.

I would use Synth. You need the immediate heals, Ludi doesn't have to bulk or resists to protect stall for sustain.

Synth, Leech/Toxic, Giga, Surf - I'd use something like this. Leech is more useful, especially for lax switch ins.

Can anyone explain to me what exactly makes Arcanine such a popular pokemon (at least it seems popular to me from the tournaments replays I spectate) ?

I understand intimidate + morning sun makes him quite bulky, but isn't he an easy target for pokemons trying to set up a sweep?

Also is the most popular version the full tank one in Bush's OU guide ? (and what do you pair him with?)

1 minute ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Can anyone explain to me what exactly makes Arcanine such a popular pokemon (at least it seems popular to me from the tournaments replays I spectate) ?

I understand intimidate + morning sun makes him quite bulky, but isn't he an easy target for pokemons trying to set up a sweep?

Also is the most popular version the full tank one in Bush's OU guide ? (and what do you pair him with?)

Intimidate + its bulk + instant recovery make him a good defensive pokemon, its a nice check for mixed blazikens and scarf heracross, you usually pair it with a nice EQ + water resist such like Ludicolo  

Just now, aeeaeeaaa said:

Thanks, didn't think about Ludicolo, I was guuessing gound immunities + spdef wall, but that could become tricky with a few wrong predictions

if u use ludicolo, make sure u have a steel type for dragon resist. And somethign to take toxics too ig

Hello

So, my team is shaping to look like this - Medicham, Weezing, Skarmory, Slowbro and i have 2 places left.

Personally i thought about adding some strong physical attacker like Rhydon and something which can put high special damage like Gardevoir.

Are those good choices or would you advise me to breed something else instead to better fill voids in my team?