Competitive Assistance Quick-fire Questions.

What do you think of my team build?

Bold Starmie 252Hp/116Def/144Spe(puts it JUST fast enough to outspeed Hera) w/ Lefties

Tbolt/Recover/RapidSpin/Psychic

Impish Arcanine 252Hp/252Def w/ lefties

ESpeed/Flamewheel/Toxic/MorningSun

Calm Porygon2 252 HP/252SpD?(idk what best spread is) w/ Lum(or lefties?)

Tbolt/Recover/Toxic/Psychic(Tri Attack cause stab?)

Timid Gengar 252SpA/252Spe w/ peteya

Sludgebomb/Tbolt/Shadowball/WoW

Jolly Gyarados 252Atk/252Spe w/ lefties

Sub/DD/Waterfall/EQ

Jolly Tauros 252Atk/252Spe w/ Choiceband (I haven't looked, but If it gets endure I wouldnt mind running endure/salac either.) 

Return/EQ/Pursuit/DEdge

The glaring problem I see is the lack of a claric and Pory/Tauros being Trap Bait for Dug. I thought about Umbreon as a Cleric, but again dug bait. I could also switch out Vap for Starmie and run it as my claric but Im losing a bit of coverage because I dont have an HP electric. 

Thoughts? Tips?

Queries that need some more in depth answers (such as "rate my team") should have their own threads.

How much speed does modest gardevoir need?

I don't see it in need of any speed investment at all (unless i want to outspeed rain sweeper ludicolo, but i'm not even sure how much speed i'd need for that)

I think 252 hp and the rest in sp def/sp att should be ok.

Current moveset is tbolt, psychic, hp shit and wow, so replacing hp with pain split would be the smartest thing to do at this point.

Is there anything i'm not taking into account?

Moveset on HP Grass Bold Lanturn?

HP, Tbolt...since bold is more defensive u can run twave and heal bell, or replace one of this for ice beam

imo

Also, i want a sp wall swamp, any ideas?? for now ice punch eq...yawn for force switches??? toxic?? rest-talk???

thanks in advance guys

Edited by SirYurop

I don't see it in need of any speed investment at all (unless i want to outspeed rain sweeper ludicolo, but i'm not even sure how much speed i'd need for that)

Current moveset is tbolt, psychic, hp shit and wow, so replacing hp with pain split would be the smartest thing to do at this point.

Timid gardevoir is interesting as you get to outspeed adamant heracross, bulky modest/bold starmie, outspeed most gyarados (don't think many people run 252 speed jolly), and speed tie medicham/blaziken. If you don't want to run timid or are too lazy to breed a timid one, there are a few speed points to consider. You can assume ludicolo will run at least enough speed to hit 101 so they can outspeed base 130s in rain, so you would need to hit 102 speed, or 12 speed evs with 31 speed iv. The next significant speed imo is jolly ursaring which sits at 117 speed with max investment, which takes you 140 speed evs to hit 118. Lastly you can outspeed max speed neutral nature base 70s like metagross, magneton, and breloom, if you invest enough speed to hit 123, although you lose out on a lot of bulk at this point. 

Another way to think about an ev spread is to find out what you'd like to be able to survive, ie I want to be able to survive a non boosted adamant ursaring return, use your damage calc to see how many hp evs you need for that, do a similar process for what you want to be able to ohko/2hko, then using that information, see how many evs you have left to put into speed. See what speed you can hit, and if its not exactly a useful speed, you can decrease it some and just dump the evs somewhere else. 

I think an offensive calm mind gardevoir would be interesting, it seems to hit pretty damn hard at +1 with a modest nature. Maybe calm mind/thunderbolt/psychic/pain split, or signal beam over thunderbolt if you're worried about umbreon. I've always had a hard time with figuring out a moveset for gardevoir because it gets so many cool moves. Encore, wish, pain split, destiny bond, will o wisp, disable, thunderwave, or even memento, all those combinations make gardevoir hard to figure out what its going to do and make sure to take advantage of that before your opponent finds out. 

Timid gardevoir is interesting as you get to outspeed adamant heracross, bulky modest/bold starmie, outspeed most gyarados (don't think many people run 252 speed jolly), and speed tie medicham/blaziken. If you don't want to run timid or are too lazy to breed a timid one, there are a few speed points to consider. You can assume ludicolo will run at least enough speed to hit 101 so they can outspeed base 130s in rain, so you would need to hit 102 speed, or 12 speed evs with 31 speed iv. The next significant speed imo is jolly ursaring which sits at 117 speed with max investment, which takes you 140 speed evs to hit 118. Lastly you can outspeed max speed neutral nature base 70s like metagross, magneton, and breloom, if you invest enough speed to hit 123, although you lose out on a lot of bulk at this point. 

Another way to think about an ev spread is to find out what you'd like to be able to survive, ie I want to be able to survive a non boosted adamant ursaring return, use your damage calc to see how many hp evs you need for that, do a similar process for what you want to be able to ohko/2hko, then using that information, see how many evs you have left to put into speed. See what speed you can hit, and if its not exactly a useful speed, you can decrease it some and just dump the evs somewhere else. 

I think an offensive calm mind gardevoir would be interesting, it seems to hit pretty damn hard at +1 with a modest nature. Maybe calm mind/thunderbolt/psychic/pain split, or signal beam over thunderbolt if you're worried about umbreon. I've always had a hard time with figuring out a moveset for gardevoir because it gets so many cool moves. Encore, wish, pain split, destiny bond, will o wisp, disable, thunderwave, or even memento, all those combinations make gardevoir hard to figure out what its going to do and make sure to take advantage of that before your opponent finds out. 

To be fair, medicham and blaziken have 80 base speed so i don't really need a timid nature but even with max speed i'd still be at risk against those pokes, so it's not really worth it imo.

I'll surely invest on sp att to make that 10% bonus more significant, a bit on speed and the rest in hp i guess.

Also i don't see a calm mind set working too well with gardevoir, it's too slow and frail on the ph side; maybe with a bold/timid nature, but i don't think it's the case.

Bold can be pretty bulky, a gardevoir once managed to take a guts boosted crunch from my max att ursaring, which is pretty insane.

Also, my gardevoir has hp crap so i'm not staying in on magneton or metagross. Well, maybe i could abuse wow + pain split against metagross, but i'm gonna need a significant amount of speed investment.

What do you think of my team build?

Bold Starmie 252Hp/116Def/144Spe(puts it JUST fast enough to outspeed Hera) w/ Lefties

Tbolt/Recover/RapidSpin/Psychic

Impish Arcanine 252Hp/252Def w/ lefties

ESpeed/Flamewheel/Toxic/MorningSun

Calm Porygon2 252 HP/252SpD?(idk what best spread is) w/ Lum(or lefties?)

Tbolt/Recover/Toxic/Psychic(Tri Attack cause stab?)

Timid Gengar 252SpA/252Spe w/ peteya

Sludgebomb/Tbolt/Shadowball/WoW

Jolly Gyarados 252Atk/252Spe w/ lefties

Sub/DD/Waterfall/EQ

Jolly Tauros 252Atk/252Spe w/ Choiceband (I haven't looked, but If it gets endure I wouldnt mind running endure/salac either.) 

Return/EQ/Pursuit/DEdge

The glaring problem I see is the lack of a claric and Pory/Tauros being Trap Bait for Dug. I thought about Umbreon as a Cleric, but again dug bait. I could also switch out Vap for Starmie and run it as my claric but Im losing a bit of coverage because I dont have an HP electric. 

Thoughts? Tips?

make a thread just for your team

Moveset on HP Grass Bold Lanturn?

depends on if you want bulky or sweeper. if you go modest run tbolt/hp grass/i beam + either rest + chesto or sub or toxic

if you go bulky spec wall or phsy hitter go tbolt + grass + rest + toxic or heal bell or sleep talk

zebra summed it up pretty well but i would suggest going more bulk

What's better adamant or jolly primeape? 

Also CB vs Bulk up

himonlee and chan jolly

make a thread just for your team

depends on if you want bulky or sweeper. if you go modest run tbolt/hp grass/i beam + either rest + chesto or sub or toxic

if you go bulky spec wall or phsy hitter go tbolt + grass + rest + toxic or heal bell or sleep talk

zebra summed it up pretty well but i would suggest going more bulk

himonlee and chan jolly

I came out with a custom ev spread but i'm not really sure about the moveset.

While tbolt and psychic were enough with blissey and snorlax around, now i'm prolly gonna need signal beam to deal with umbreon, espeon, alakazam and co.

Also tbolt to kill aerodactyl (enough defense to avoid a 1hko with crunch), gyara and water types in general, but it's mainly aerodactyl.

Psychic is there for gengar and stab, so these 3 seem to be a must for a good coverage (not even perfect, i need hp fire for that)

What would be a perfect 4th move? it already has wow, but i'm a big fan of pain split. Also i wouldn't be able to learn wow again, which sucks.

Halp!

To be fair, medicham and blaziken have 80 base speed so i don't really need a timid nature but even with max speed i'd still be at risk against those pokes, so it's not really worth it imo.

I'll surely invest on sp att to make that 10% bonus more significant, a bit on speed and the rest in hp i guess.

Also i don't see a calm mind set working too well with gardevoir, it's too slow and frail on the ph side; maybe with a bold/timid nature, but i don't think it's the case.

Bold can be pretty bulky, a gardevoir once managed to take a guts boosted crunch from my max att ursaring, which is pretty insane.

Also, my gardevoir has hp crap so i'm not staying in on magneton or metagross. Well, maybe i could abuse wow + pain split against metagross, but i'm gonna need a significant amount of speed investment.

gardevoir= 80 base speed kek

Yeah modest calm mind is nice in theory but its too easily revenged off by aero/hera/flygon/blaziken. The ev spread really depends on what you want it to do for your team, same goes for the moveset also. 

gardevoir= 80 base speed kek

Yeah modest calm mind is nice in theory but its too easily revenged off by aero/hera/flygon/blaziken. The ev spread really depends on what you want it to do for your team, same goes for the moveset also. 

Fuck scouting, here's my spread 252 hp 108 def (no 1hko from aero) 108 sp att and 40 speed.

I'm gonna need psychic, tbolt and signal beam, and i think i'm gonna keep wow for 2 reasons:

1 Egg move

2 Cheaper than getting psplit.

I could compensate with having trace, so i can possibly heal switching on jolt or vapo (does it even work like that?)

Opinions?

Edited by Vaeldras

Fuck scouting, here's my spread 252 hp 108 def (no 1hko from aero) 108 sp att and 40 speed.

I'm gonna need psychic, tbolt and signal beam, and i think i'm gonna keep wow for 2 reasons:

1 Egg move

2 Cheaper than getting psplit.

I could compensate with having trace, so i can possibly heal switching on jolt or vapo (does it even work like that?)

Opinions?

Well 40 speed seems a bit random tbh, I'd go at least to 108 or 109 to get the jump on most arcanines. I don't really think you need 3 attacking moves. Signal beam isn't going to hit umbreon that hard anyways since you're not running calm mind, so you could easily just do pain split over signal beam. Don't really think signal beam is for anything else, tbolt does more to houndoom and hits starmie/slowbro as well. Trace is great but its not that reliable of a source of recovery since once the person knows you have a trace gardevoir, they're going to be a lot more cautious with thunderbolt'ing with jolteon or surfing with vaporeon, and if you use gardevoir as a counter to gyarados, you don't want to be crippled for the rest of the match because you took a crunch to the face. Pain split is a bit less useful now though since the pokemon with the biggest hp pools to steal from are in a test ban at the moment, but the possible recovery is a nice option nonetheless. 

Well 40 speed seems a bit random tbh, I'd go at least to 108 or 109 to get the jump on most arcanines. I don't really think you need 3 attacking moves. Signal beam isn't going to hit umbreon that hard anyways since you're not running calm mind, so you could easily just do pain split over signal beam. Don't really think signal beam is for anything else, tbolt does more to houndoom and hits starmie/slowbro as well. Trace is great but its not that reliable of a source of recovery since once the person knows you have a trace gardevoir, they're going to be a lot more cautious with thunderbolt'ing with jolteon or surfing with vaporeon, and if you use gardevoir as a counter to gyarados, you don't want to be crippled for the rest of the match because you took a crunch to the face. Pain split is a bit less useful now though since the pokemon with the biggest hp pools to steal from are in a test ban at the moment, but the possible recovery is a nice option nonetheless. 

Yeh, i realized most things i can hit with signal beam can do the same, and even first (kazam, espeon etc).

I'm prolly better with pain split, especially against umbreon.

Btw, the reasoning behind 40 speed is: Ludicolo needs to hit 104 (or 103?) speed to outspeed +1 hera in the rain, so i wanted to have enough speed for that + 2 extra points cause you never know.

I think i just needed 32 iirc.

Yeh, i realized most things i can hit with signal beam can do the same, and even first (kazam, espeon etc).
I'm prolly better with pain split, especially against umbreon.
Btw, the reasoning behind 40 speed is: Ludicolo needs to hit 104 (or 103?) speed to outspeed +1 hera in the rain, so i wanted to have enough speed for that + 2 extra points cause you never know.
I think i just needed 32 iirc.

Yeah but you're so close to outspeeding marowak/things that try to outspeed marowak, might as well run some extra speed. I've lost some matches because of speed match ups, most of which were only 1 speed stat a part. And if you decide to go with your 32 speed evs, you're going to be hitting yourself if you get outsped by marowak/arcanine/other stuff I'm blanking out on right now.

Yeah but you're so close to outspeeding marowak/things that try to outspeed marowak, might as well run some extra speed. I've lost some matches because of speed match ups, most of which were only 1 speed stat a part. And if you decide to go with your 32 speed evs, you're going to be hitting yourself if you get outsped by marowak/arcanine/other stuff I'm blanking out on right now.

Marowak doe.

arcanine has espeed anyway so i dunno.