After the next update that is about to hit, we are going to get icons of pokemon that are sent into battle and whether they are currently healthy or fainted.

uYV0yoN.png?1

It would be great if this could be taken 1 step further and show the %HP a pokemon has when you hover over it instead of "Alive or Dead". HP percentages are already in the game in double battles when selecting who to attack so I can't imagine it would be too much work.

HYJfe3o.png?2

wait why write hp% there instead of next to the actual Hp in battle?

Edit: Nvm, I read you wrong. I guess because there is not much room to add the percentage next to the hp bar.

Edited by PandaJJ

nah dude I'm totally ok with your idea with Hp% but I didn't see why it would show when you attack instead of up top in HP bar but pandajj said there was no space to add it

Edit: Would this mean it works only in doubles and not singles?

Edited by SamuraiHunter

Well I figured it would be simpler by hovering the pokemons icon and having that text bubble appear, that way it stays out of the way/ looks neater. Also it would be for all battles.

Reasons to have the % rather than the actual HP makes less maths involved when fighting, keeps hp spreads secret, generally just easier to go by.

Just have the bars like they are now but display how much percentage damage you did in the battle logs.

I still like to know how healthy all  of my opponents pokemon are and cbf writing it down. Adding it the the battle log would be a nice add too but i'd still like to have this option too

What you're suggesting is the same amount of difficulty except it favors those who prefer text over visuals.

No KizHaz means that you also display at how much health every individual Pokémon is like on showdown when you hover over the pokemon icons.

No KizHaz means that you also display at how much health every individual Pokémon is like on showdown when you hover over the pokemon icons.

which is apparently as much work as putting it in the battle log? idek anymore, at the end of the day I'd rather hover my mouse over an icon to show me their % health than going Shelock Holmes in the battle log.

I get that - I'm saying I see no problem with it.

The same information is being displayed with it being in the battle log, one is just easier to access - and when the information isn't obfuscated I don't see a reason to make it harder to see.

The numbers behind %s themselves are already displayed via the health bars, it's just not worth the time counting the pixels to work out what they're at.

Although I don't see why it would be in a tool tip and not just next to the health bar.

EDIT: I see, for when something isn't on the field; Makes sense.

I'm not sure about the ease on that one.

• 1 year later...