[MOD][IPS] The Other Moemon Ports (IT LIVES! All Gen 3/MMO Compatible! 527/649 Pokemon Moe-ized!)

Hello, I wanted to ask something here being the Moemon Emerald Port. I started playing this but I preferred some of the previous sprites, so I decided to change the sprites myself, I downloaded Namesless Sprite Editor and I already had photoshop. After following a tutorial in youtube I managed to make the sprites in 68x128 that emerald requires, and 2 of them worked fine, but now even if  follow the instructions perfectly the sprites don't change, I can import the color palette but if I try to save the new sprite it doesn't change. Does someone here knows what could be the problem?

This is the tutorial I followed:

Wait, 68x128? Last I checked if you had two sprites stacked vertically like in the video it should be 64x128.

That said are you seeing the edited sprites in the location prior to you doing the replacement (i.e. seeing the moemon sprites)? If not then it's probably a limitation of the Nameless sprite editor in working with repointed sprites. Personally I can't help you too much, sadly, I've always used the Advance Series toolset for all of my sprite work rather than the Nameless sprite editor.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 10:21 PM, Yukigod said:

So the poochyena sprite is abit broken.... color are all weird on it and when ya send it out it breaks the game

Works just fine for me. Are you sure that you are:

1) Using the right ROM version?

2) Using the correct version of Sigma Emerald (if you are using that)?

3) Not using any other mods?

Any of those things can break it and cause it to not work right.

Also my apologies for not getting a version updated to the latest sigma emerald yet, I just recently got back to my normal computer after several weeks of traveling around to various places. I should hopefully be able to have an updated version for the latest edition of sigma emerald sometime within the week. :)

Yo~

Happy to see updates are still being done, I see Emerald Sigma has finally re-added poke' animations to their hack! This is awesome, and I'd like to install your moemon emerald port to a fresh emerald ROM, but I can't find the compatible sigma version that shows on your front page: v1.5. I see v1.75, but I'm pretty sure that one is the shiniest newest version. Am I blind or have they discarded that version because it's too outdated?

If anything I may just wait for your upcoming update to the current sigma v. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's possible to randomize sigma moemon; too much is being changed behind the scenes for it to work properly IIRC. (Normal moemon should randomize just fine though).

And still working on updating the patch, should hopefully get it out sometime in the next couple of days assuming real life doesn't rear it's ugly head up. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Since no one else is stepping up to the plate yet, I will be the first to do so. Thank you OtherPlayers for the work you do here. I always look forward to each update you provide, knowing how much time likely gets put into doing each patch. You deserve quite a bit of praise for this! Thank you for the time and effort you give in our behalf. 

On 10/27/2016 at 8:55 AM, SOAForever said:

Since no one else is stepping up to the plate yet, I will be the first to do so. Thank you OtherPlayers for the work you do here. I always look forward to each update you provide, knowing how much time likely gets put into doing each patch. You deserve quite a bit of praise for this! Thank you for the time and effort you give in our behalf. 

Thanks! It's always great to hear that other people are enjoying what you do. :D

18 hours ago, Toogoodtobetrue said:

has anyone tried putting the magikarp girl in their game and if you did put her in can you please share the file

and one more question can you trade in moemon.

Trading should work in normal old moemon as long as your emulator can handle it because it's just a graphical patch. I'm not sure if it will continue to work in sigma emerald-based versions or not. For the Magikarp trainer you're going to need to dig into the ROM and edit the files yourself; I believe the nameless sprite editor could probably do it, but I haven't actually used it myself so don't quote me on that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello! first of all, thank you very much for this patch! I enjoy playing with it quite a lot. Anyways, I just checked the forum of Pokémon Sigma and noticed that the patch got updated to  1.82. Is there any chance that you update this project as well? I would love to play the new sigma version but without your patch it's just not worth it. Thank you again for your work n.n

Edited by EllenWitch
  • Kizhaz locked and unlocked this topic

Sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling for the past month or so.

On 5/28/2017 at 0:29 AM, EllenWitch said:

Hello! first of all, thank you very much for this patch! I enjoy playing with it quite a lot. Anyways, I just checked the forum of Pokémon Sigma and noticed that the patch got updated to  1.82. Is there any chance that you update this project as well? I would love to play the new sigma version but without your patch it's just not worth it. Thank you again for your work n.n

Sure thing! I can't guarantee it today, but I should be able to whip up a version sometime in the next week with the latest version of Sigma Emerald.

• 1 month later...

Yo! just someone unimportant asking a question; can you use any fresh emerald rom or a specific one? And what's the difference between normal and sigma? 
I'm an old fogie when it comes to modding roms, back in the ages of 2009 and dropped off at 2011, and don't know what's new these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 8:49 AM, GhastMachina said:

Yo! just someone unimportant asking a question; can you use any fresh emerald rom or a specific one? And what's the difference between normal and sigma? 
I'm an old fogie when it comes to modding roms, back in the ages of 2009 and dropped off at 2011, and don't know what's new these days. 

Bit of a change on this since I've branched out, but you need to use a (U) or (USA) version for most of my patches. AFAIK I tried to use the later, more common versions as well (for example for Ruby/Sapphire that's the 1.1 version). Sigma Emerald is a 386 patch, meaning that they added ways for you to catch or otherwise get all 386 pokemon in that one game alone. I highly suggest checking it out, it makes catching them all actually possible enough to be a fun challenge.

On 8/12/2017 at 7:47 AM, leafbladie said:

sorry, I just wanted to make sure of something. Does this version of Moemon Emerald use the spirtes of the Moemon Firered revival project. Those are my favorite sprites, so I thought I'd ask.

All of the patches/mods here use the Moemon Firered revival project sprites, except in cases where the new Mega Moemon FireRed Project has come up with newer ones. I'll be doing my best to keep up with the amazing work they are currently doing over there; my focus here is just to provide new ways for their work to be showcased, not to steal their thunder or take credit for the amazing dedication that they have and continue to show in the ever-evolving world of Moemon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...