UU Tier Discussion Request Thread

7 minutes ago, pachima said:
252 SpA Life Orb Miltank Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Misdreavus: 70-83 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
EZ
E: Thanks @dsteel23

Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. Miltank: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

miltank such a misdreavus counter???

1 hour ago, pachima said:
252 SpA Life Orb Miltank Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Misdreavus: 70-83 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
EZ
E: Thanks @dsteel23

Wow such calc

Much damage

Very counter

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. Miltank: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

miltank such a misdreavus counter???

Wow

21 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Looks like Kanga isn't so broken after all, at least from what I've played / watched.

Let's try Fera next =)

Fera in uu would be so cool since it doesnt get love in ou :(

Vap meganium cloyster even miltank can check it so I doubt fera is unhealthy

Test pls

Edited by KoolT93
13 minutes ago, KoolT93 said:

Fera in uu would be so cool since it doesnt get love in ou :(

Vap meganium cloyster even miltank can check it so I doubt fera is unhealthy

Test pls

of all those, only mega can effectively check fera.

I honestly dont want any more reasons to run meganium, shit already checks a lot.

8 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

How is Miltank a check to Feraligatr?

Can tpunch and a para from bslam hurts, but if u read my post again u would notice how i said it was the worst from the one I posted

@pachima Vap stops it pretty hard if you ask me, in case fera tries to set up vap can haze or roar, hp elec/grass can hit x2 and its pretty common in vap

3 hours ago, pachima said:

of all those, only mega can effectively check fera.

I honestly dont want any more reasons to run meganium, shit already checks a lot.

Yea haze vaporeon is the best option and stops it everytime. Meganium actually does a pretty terrible job because of Gatr's bulk, Exeggutor is arguably a better option because it threatens Gatr a lot more with giga than meganium does. 

2 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

Yea haze vaporeon is the best option and stops it everytime. Meganium actually does a pretty terrible job because of Gatr's bulk, Exeggutor is arguably a better option because it threatens Gatr a lot more with giga than meganium does. 

Having Feraligatr would certainly shake up the defensive "core" we're all accustomed to. Offense would probs overpower it so long as you had a reliable Scarf user to revenge the +1. Vap would become a two-way poke rather than just the Growth + 3 attack set that's seen so frequently now. Dunno, Gatr is a beast with that def bulk and Ice Punch access. Swords Dance when?

Spoiler

Test Houndoom. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BlackJovi said:

Golem discussion when? Everyone running meganium just because scared of golem is too centralizing/cancer. 

On 1.03.2017 at 0:02 AM, RysPicz said:

Im more concerned about Golem rather than Miltank. Cradily is very common itself and Miltank's usage does not indicate even a test. It is a poke which's usage has risen recently and meta has to adapt to it, Cow has really hard counters and it requires plenty of support to be actually threatening in our meta.

On 20.03.2017 at 11:14 AM, Suneet said:

How tf is Golem still here? Feels like I have to have Megan in every team just to stop it, and sometimes that doesn't even work

On 23.03.2017 at 4:49 PM, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

I believe the main problem with golem is how slow it is, the majority of the time it wont be coming in just to preserve sturdy, thus it is almost forced to be used as a lead however golem should only be getting one kill unless it comes in on a predicted switch into a wall it can break. I don't see why golem is a huge problem seeing as you can shut down the momentum a lead golem has by running protect lead + resists or meganium, even if you decide to run an offensive team golem should only realistically be killing one mon. Considering the most reliable spinner has also moved up it should be a lost easier to remove sturdy.

These are the only posts in this thread regarding a Golem discussion. I guess I should relate to the only counter-argument for Golem.

I do not think the main problem with Golem is how slow it is. Not at all. It is actually speedy enough, outspeeding 90% of UU walls (excluding Kanga, Miltank and of course Meganiums). I think the problem with Golem is not sturdy itself but the amount of switch-ins it has and every time it switches in, it deals a shitton of damage. Unless you run Meganium, which is seen in almost every higher-ranked UU match. Tier is horribly centralized around Golem currently, surely Meganium is a great wall on it's own but the recent usage movements (well, Tenta) and Golem's presence only boast it's already high usage (31%, compared to like what, 16? a while ago).

It's not even about Golem lead, it's about Golem itself. It's not about sturdy, it's about it's ability of repeadetly coming into battle and deal massive damage with it's 120-base atk powered STAB Earthquake and Rock Blast.

Let's take a peek at the last UU official (29.05, wooper prize). Turn 8, Golem is out on a CB- return locked Swellow. It's out and right away starts beating the shit out of BlueBreath, given only an opportunity to switch in. Why it does? Because Blue did not run Meganium. Furthermore, enchanteur obviously has a Meganium of his own.

I saw people started running a bullet weed (xddddddddddddddddd) leads for an anti-golem lead, which only proves my point of centralization, however the main problem here is that yeah, you did scare away the Golem, but it will come back and if you do not have a Meganium, it will beat the shit out of you. Over and over.

I started seeing people using Golem in OU (and I use it myself kek), maybe it'll get moved up next month due to usage. At least I hope.

Oh it would also be cool to know if there are some chances of bringing Gator into this tier. We have Stoise, Wrath, Vapo, Exegg and Meganium (to a lesser extent) in the tier to wall it, it's easy to say how it would work on paper without actually giving it any chance. Sure the aligator is scary as fuck with it's incredibly diverse movepool but I still believe it deserves at least a shot.

On 6/16/2017 at 7:07 PM, RysPicz said:

Oh it would also be cool to know if there are some chances of bringing Gator into this tier. We have Stoise, Wrath, Vapo, Exegg and Meganium (to a lesser extent) in the tier to wall it, it's easy to say how it would work on paper without actually giving it any chance. Sure the aligator is scary as fuck with it's incredibly diverse movepool but I still believe it deserves at least a shot.

Don't fool yourself. Blastoise is not an answer to feraligatr since it never runs hidden power outside of scarf/specs sets (or weird offensive spin ones). Poliwrath is rarely seen in UU as is. Vaporeon can win if its running hidden power+haze+wish+protect, but that's a pretty bad set as well. Exeggutor is exclusively offensive sets now, which don't stand a chance vs feraligatr. Meganium can tank a +2 attack, but its giga drain is only doing 60%, so the smart feraligatr player would go +4 to ohko meganium, rather than putting meganium into overgrow range. 

4 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

Don't fool yourself. Blastoise is not an answer to feraligatr since it never runs hidden power outside of scarf/specs sets (or weird offensive spin ones). Poliwrath is rarely seen in UU as is. Vaporeon can win if its running hidden power+haze+wish+protect, but that's a pretty bad set as well. Exeggutor is exclusively offensive sets now, which don't stand a chance vs feraligatr. Meganium can tank a +2 attack, but its giga drain is only doing 60%, so the smart feraligatr player would go +4 to ohko meganium, rather than putting meganium into overgrow range. 

k, then at least let us have this golem discussion thread maybe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.