OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

22 minutes ago, SluaghMMO said:

Doesn't worth discussing nothing right now.

Imo, the OU meta right now is pretty versatile and diverse. and if is there any changes would be pretty temporary until 5gen comes out.

Let's just wait and see if "anything becomes unhealth".

(Poor english as always).

That english made me tilt

Haha

5 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Why? 

to many checks, OU wise, EQ is in every team comp almost, so is either hp ice or grass. Plendora of water pokemons aswell, one of them being swampert who completely negates Golem, heck even low kick  choice Dodrio is a check to him if I'm not mistaken.

NU wise, you got meganium, quag, hitmonlee, cradily, sharpedo, lanturn, poliwrath, blastoise, exeggutor, and a lot of other EQ users aswell, like Donphan, Nidoking. Then you have low kick on sneasel for example. 

He has way to many checks for him to be viable.

Edited by redspawn
35 minutes ago, redspawn said:

to many checks, OU wise, EQ is in every team comp almost, so is either hp ice or grass. Plendora of water pokemons aswell, one of them being swampert who completely negates Golem, heck even low kick  choice Dodrio is a check to him if I'm not mistaken.

NU wise, you got meganium, quag, hitmonlee, cradily, sharpedo, lanturn, poliwrath, blastoise, exeggutor, and a lot of other EQ users aswell, like Donphan, Nidoking. Then you have low kick on sneasel for example. 

I'm not sure if you're trolling or is this for real? Can you please kindly clarify, because I am unsure how to approach your post.

51 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I'm not sure if you're trolling or is this for real? Can you please kindly clarify, because I am unsure how to approach your post.

mhh please then tell me what you feel like golem can do, he has pretty good move coverage, but overall I can't see him working. But then again, I seriously lack knowledge of some pokemons, so I am looking for you to show me where I'm wrong please, no, not trolling, just that is the way I see it, but what is it soooo good about golem atm? 

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Dude I know it seems odd but Water doesn't resist Rock nor Ground =)))))))))))))))))

Not even meganium checks golem cause rockblast CB has a good chance to 2HKO it (and it outspeeds), hitmonlee with his shitty physical bulk gets OHKO'd by EQ, and get's OHKO'd by 3 hits RockBlast. Cradily gets 2HKO'd by any move, sharpedo OHKO'd, lanturn OHKO'd, Poli has 84,4% chances to get 2HKO'd with perfect IVs and 252hp+def investment, Blastoise gets 2HKO'd and Exeggutor has a good 40%+ to die switching on RockBlast aswell. Donphan can't switch on it and Nidoking either. Sneasel gets OHKO'd by 1 hit Rockblast.

A check is something that can switch and kill it, nothing you said was a check. You should go back to money making and collecting shinies instead of showcasing your insane competitive knowledge.

Oh and Dodrio not only has 37.5% chance to not OHKO golem but he can't switch on 2 hits RockBlast without getting crushed like berry powder.

XD not viable

EDIT: before you ask why I sound so rude and biitchyy, I'm french

Edited by Kamimiii
Just now, Kamimiii said:

Dude I know it seems odd but Water doesn't resist Rock nor Ground =)))))))))))))))))

Not even meganium checks golem cause rockblast CB 2HKOs it (and it outspeeds), hitmonlee with his shitty physical bulk gets OHKO'd by EQ, but get's OHKO'd by 3 hits RockBlast. Cradily gets 2HKO'd by any move, sharpedo OHKO'd, lanturn OHKO'd, Poli has 84,4% chances to get 2HKO'd with perfect IVs and 252hp+def investment, Blastoise gets 2HKO'd and Exeggutor has a good 40%+ to die switching on RockBlast aswell. Donphan can't switch on it and Nidoking either. Sneasel gets OHKO'd by 1 hit Rockblast.

A check is something that can switch and kill it, nothing you said was a check. You should go back to money making and collecting shinies instead of showcasing your insane competitive knowledge.

Oh and Dodrio not only has 37.5% chance to not OHKO golem but he can't switch on 2 hits RockBlast without getting crushed like berry powder.

XD not viable

nvm, just spoke ingmae with For to clarify myself, you guys are 100% correct, my bad. Completely forgot he had sturdy aswell to make things a lot smoother for him awell.

5 minutes ago, redspawn said:

nvm, just spoke ingmae with For to clarify myself, you guys are 100% correct, my bad. Completely forgot he had sturdy aswell to make things a lot smoother for him awell.

Another thing important to remember is it doesn't matter if he is viable in OU or not. That isn't something to even think about when discussing banning a UU mon - we'd rather something sit in BL without any OU usage than tear up the lower tier where it's broken 

• 3 weeks later...

I know update is coming up soon and all, but I think we need to talk about Venusaur.

With the 75 power giga, growth/giga drain/sludge/hp fire sets are only slowed by Tentacruel. There is only one check, and no real counters. Recently I also had the joy of facing a salac one. I can assure you it was not pretty.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.