New building: Bank to manage your $$$

Zeror

Question

I mentioned this idea already in this thread, but i decided that it deserves it's own thread.

The Bank

The bank is a building where you can deposit and withdraw money. It's should also be possible to deposit and withdraw from another character of yourself. With this you can transfer money between characters. For example to help a new character to buy a couple of stuff to make it easy for that character to play with.

The interface could look something like this:

n1bdpx.jpg

This is an easy to use interface. You can deposit and withdraw from the same screen. You can easily reserve some cash for later use.

Inside the Bank

Ingame the bank interior could look like this (it's not perfect yet, but it's a start).

308csuc.jpg

Bank Locations

The bigger cities can have a new building that serves as a bank. I've thought on some locations as well.

In Kanto:

• Cerulean City
  • Vermillion City
  • Celadon City
  • Saffron City
  • Indigo Plateau

In Hoenn:

• Rustboro City
  • Slateport City
  • Lilycove City
  • Mossdeep City
  • Evergrande City

Example i made for Rustboro City and Slateport City:xfqlhh.jpg

What do you think? Could this work?

Edited by Zeror

15 answers to this question

If any sort of saving system is implemented it should be through the mother/caretaker. This way there would be no need to redo the maps just to add this functionality. Additionally this would put additional strains on the system since players are required to obtain their own roms. How are players supposed to obtain a rom containing a custom map for PokeMMO? PokeMMO does not distribute roms, nor do they allow players to distribute them on their services.

If the purpose of this is basically to trade yen to other characters, then mailing system would be so much better and easier to implement while allowing to transfer stuff to both your other characters as well other players while they are not online. The mailing system is probably the oldest suggestion in the game and still not implemented so I have my doubts the devs want to have it easy to transfer between characters (to basically "nerf" alts).

If any sort of saving system is implemented it should be through the mother/caretaker. This way there would be no need to redo the maps just to add this functionality. Additionally this would put additional strains on the system since players are required to obtain their own roms. How are players supposed to obtain a rom containing a custom map for PokeMMO? PokeMMO does not distribute roms, nor do they allow players to distribute them on their services.

Some places are already altered by PokeMMO. So a few new builldings might not be problem. Biggest example i found is the docks in Vermillion CIty. For the transfer to Hoenn they made an second dock there. That dock is nowhere to be found in any Kanto rom ;)

Some places are already altered by PokeMMO. So a few new builldings might not be problem. Biggest example i found is the docks in Vermillion CIty. For the transfer to Hoenn they made an second dock there. That dock is nowhere to be found in any Kanto rom ;)

My point is that there are already existing places that could better fulfill this suggestion rather than adding a new building and creating a new map and warp points.

My point is that there are already existing places that could better fulfill this suggestion rather than adding a new building and creating a new map and warp points.

As long there is space to add these things i don't see a problem.

As long there is space to add these things i don't see a problem.

There is and there isn't. The empty space around the cities is intentional negative space. The tiles that were added to make the dock were added into an area the player could normally walk into. This suggestion requires rearranging buildings in at least 12 cities to add one building and then creating another map to house the inside of the bank. Just because there is space to do something, that doesn't mean it should be done. The mother figure is the most notable area where money has been stored in the handhelds and it makes zero sense to add some extra building just to save money. Adding the save functionality to the mother, from G/S/C and HG/SS, would better serve the purpose of this suggestion. No need to add extra buildings or maps, just extra functionality. To be honest I don't see any need to have a central bank just to see how much you have on alts. The devs have been going in a direction to discourage alt runs and having this sort of functionality just encourages them.