PokeMMO - A new players first impression (100~h)

ZippoBolter

If you consider grinding 2 mil in bracers for each individual pokemon a possibility for the vast majority of players, you are mistaken. Yes it is POSSIBLE, but NOBODY who has a job or does anything in life besides continuous grinding will EVER achieve it. Try it yourself from scratch.

Really you think dittos are easier to catch? I use the magikarp trick so the dittos should have to catch rate of magikarp and be unable to attack me, yet they can break out of ultra balls on 1 HP. Easier? How?

I have, several times

That doesn't work like that in newer gens for ditto, we use a lot of later gen mechanics.

I have, several times

That doesn't work like that in newer gens for ditto, we use a lot of later gen mechanics.

In the new gen's dittos are NOT consumables. They can also be found starting with 2 perfect IV's in the wild with that friend thing. Going to add that too, then? Hm?

You have bred 6x31 perfect pokemon several times from scratch? Or from the breeders you stockpiled before the breeding changes? ^^
There is a huge difference!

Even if you did from scratch, you don't find that amount to be way too much? Who here ENJOYS grinding on pokemmo? ANYONE? So why stuff this game till its overflowing with as much grind as possible? Does this make for an enjoyable experience? No. Since you already got your perfect 6x31 pokemon with hidden power and all the items you could ever need, why would you ever care what its like for everyone else? Obviously you don't at all.

Edit: Guess who it hurts the most? NEW PLAYERS! Everyone agrees, are you truly unable to see it? Or do you just care so little about the frustrating experience we are going through?

Edited by ZippoBolter

You have bred 6x31 perfect pokemon several times from scratch? Or from the breeders you stockpiled before the breeding changes? ^^
There is a huge difference!

From scratch, I didn't like the old breeding system.

And yes, I enjoy it, I enjoy having control over what I am breeding.  I also realize you don't need 6x31 pokemon for litterally anything, when I do it, i know that I am wasting time, and money.

In the new gen's dittos are NOT consumables. They can also be found starting with 2 perfect IV's in the wild with that friend thing. Going to add that too, then? Hm?

The friend safari is an absolutely awful idea for an MMO environment and would be extremely easy to abuse, not to mention making everything too easy to obtain when Pokemon are guaranteed to have two perfect stats. Even one perfect stat would make things too easy. Because this is an MMO, changes have to be made to suit a game with an economy, which is something that is virtually non-existent in the handhelds. This is why the breeding system consumes the breeders here, as the ability to essentially clone Pokemon through the vanilla system simply doesn't work in an MMO and had a huge negative impact on the game's economy before it was changed.

From scratch, I didn't like the old breeding system.

And yes, I enjoy it, I enjoy having control over what I am breeding.  I also realize you don't need 6x31 pokemon for litterally anything, when I do it, i know that I am wasting time, and money.

I'm not one to judge someone elses lifestyle, but you clearly have a lot of spare time to sink into this game and the truth is that most people with social lives outside of gaming and/or working jobs cannot afford to invest that much time into a game.

You don't like the old system? Fine. Not everyone does, it's understandable why it had issues, however keeping the new system is not the problem. The issue here is the massive gold sink and effort that one is required to put forth. That much money is nothing to you, but to newer players its one hell of a grind. I really don't believe you are walking the same path as new players, however under the assumption that you know what it's like, how can you honestly believe this is whats best for the game? You really believe investing this much time and effort just to have a team with hidden power etc is reasonable? It's the most frustrating, boring, endless, annoying, discouraging thing that makes the entire experience just to play the game.

The friend safari is an absolutely awful idea for an MMO environment and would be extremely easy to abuse, not to mention making everything too easy to obtain when Pokemon are guaranteed to have two perfect stats. Even one perfect stat would make things too easy. Because this is an MMO, changes have to be made to suit a game with an economy, which is something that is virtually non-existent in the handhelds. This is why the breeding system consumes the breeders here, as the ability to essentially clone Pokemon through the vanilla system simply doesn't work in an MMO and had a huge negative impact on the game's economy before it was changed.

gotta keep in mind that this is a pvp game before anything else , and in all pvp games you don't need to grind for ever to have the best gear because you will loose it dying. I get this is an mmo but literally the grind is too much even for older players , im blessed to have such good friends that give me leftover breeders from breeding mmo and makes my life easyer. If i had to start from scratch and not have all these comp boxes i wouldnt even play this game

I agree that the friend safari is terrible, but economy is not the most important thing about an mmorpg, and you guys just don't understand that. What is more important than the economy? The experience! 99% of the game should not be grinding! You can still have a healthy economy without forcing hundreds of hours of grinding down our throats!

Edit: Look in this thread alone at the players who are telling you straight up: I would NOT play this game if i had to start from scratch because of how awful it is for new players. Look at it! This is honestly how we feel! Why don't you see the problem?

Edited by ZippoBolter

I'm not one to judge someone elses lifestyle, but you clearly have a lot of spare time to sink into this game and the truth is that most people with social lives outside of gaming and/or working jobs cannot afford to invest that much time into a game.

You don't like the old system? Fine. Not everyone does, it's understandable why it had issues, however keeping the new system is not the problem. The issue here is the massive gold sink and effort that one is required to put forth. That much money is nothing to you, but to newer players its one hell of a grind. I really don't believe you are walking the same path as new players, however under the assumption that you know what it's like, how can you honestly believe this is whats best for the game? You really believe investing this much time and effort just to have a team with hidden power etc is reasonable? It's the most frustrating, boring, endless, annoying, discouraging thing that makes the entire experience just to play the game.

I have 15k to my name, and its pretty much what I start with every time I breed something, it takes very little time to do a run of the islands for money.

Also @Lion, this is an mmo before anything else

I have 15k to my name, and its pretty much what I start with every time I breed something, it takes very little time to do a run of the islands for money.

mmo before anything else? Mmo before pokemon? Mmo before being a game? Mmo =/= endless grind. Pokemon from the very beginning was an rpg game and turning it into an mmo doesn't mean stuffing it with grind.

I would say in an mmorpg, take WoW for example, grinding to max level is the equivalent of going through the in-game pokemon story. Then you do some grinding, quests and random activities for better equips. In pokemon, thats equal to battle tower and breeding, yes? Then you get to end game where you PvP for prizes and rating, right? So as an mmorpg, pokemmo follows those which is great.

The problem? Pokemon was designed around the end game PvP and instead of encouraging that you are forcing the grind on trivial things like payday/bracers/ditto hunting. These do not need to be as time consuming as they are for the game to function and only takes away from the battling experience which is the primary reason people even play pokemon. You are so focused on trying to copy the setup for mmorpg's that you literally forgot the reason why people like pokemon... how sad. If you really believe this is the way the game should be played then you have failed your community when it comes to delivering what we want.

Edited by ZippoBolter

mh?

comparing this game to any other pvp mmo game like lets say runescape , you don't use the best gear to go pvp you use what you can afford to loose, you don't grind for 2 months to then go risk everything and dying with it. Just saying that pvp doesnt neceseraly mean grinding for ages . Maybee a poor anology but yeah idk can't explain it better then that

There is no point, he acts like veterans are running around with perfect pokemon themselves, they aren't. They are having to settle with less just as much as everybody else unless they put the extra effort into it.  Either way, you can't expect there to not be a gap between what you have one week after you beat the game compared to people that have played for years, or even someone thats played for only a few months.

right, we're talking about 300+ pokemons, in any MMMORG game there was never such a great number in end game requirements. EVing, IV breeding, grinding... Even with games that require high levels of grinding has suitable rewards for all that effort, this game doesn't ( if you say anything about non-tradable shinies or 200RP's even hats, i'll literally fly to US and kill you)

anything mmo i see about this game is being able to interact with other people , besides that this game is all about pvp , everyone that plays this game has only 1 thing in mind, finishing the game to duel with friends, people. Only difference is theres different levels of wanting to duel, theirs the casual people that will get bored of this after they done , theres the one that really want to be the best dueler and will do what ever it takes to get there. And that means going threw all those hours of endless grind for a poor reward just to be able to duel and be the best , thats the end game PVP. All this unecesary grind that such a few people want or like is scaring away so many potential comp players wich in my point of view is really bad for the game.

also zippo add me in game TheFireLion

comparing this game to any other pvp mmo game like lets say runescape , you don't use the best gear to go pvp you use what you can afford to loose, you don't grind for 2 months to then go risk everything and dying with it. Just saying that pvp doesnt neceseraly mean grinding for ages . Maybee a poor anology but yeah idk can't explain it better then that

I think you guys are exaggerating.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that need to be fixed (battle tower payouts, shard tutors, brace prices maybe...) but the whole new system works with an mmo.

With the old breeding getting extremely good comps in no time was a joke and even with this new breeding system i am at the point of not knowing what else i could buy with my money.

The breeding system as it is is kinda balanced and breeding or catching comps isn't that boring. What's annoying is grinding 2 hours to get signal beam on a pokemon, or 10 hours for extremespeed. Ev training, that's a big turn off too.

The breeding system itself works, it just had to be implemented sooner. 

As rachel said, you can't expect to have the regular breeding system in an mmo AND a good economy. 

Btw, breeding isn't even convenient as of now: you can make over 150k x hour just by doing npc runs (i calc'd 180, but i might be wrong).

That means you can actually get enough money to buy a fully trained comp just by playing 1 hour a day for...3 days?

New players can catch up like this, it's slow but they can; it's just unfair how we had access to that broken breeding system, but the change had to be done.

Devs surely wants us to grind more than an average player could tolerate, this is undeniable, but what else could they do with the breeding system?

Why don't you guys try to come up with a better one?

Pretty sure there isn't a single player with a whole 6x31 team.
I think craig got this right.
Prople have too high standards.
If you're only a couple of hours into the game, it should be a given you won't have access to the top of the line endgame legendary equipment of an mmo.
A lot of us have 2000, 4000 hours of grinding behind us, navigating through dofferent breeding systems.
Sure, there are a handful of players who joined the game in that awkward mid-2014 period when you could join a team, borrow comps and breed them for free stuff within minutes.
But at one point, there weren't any breeders ready. I spent five months breeding kabutos together from 3x15s, slowly upgrading them with that 12.5% gender ratio. Almost regret it because of how easy breeding is now.
No matter what the system, a gap between 2000 hours and 100 hours is pretty normal.

That said. Yes, it wouldn't hurt to make grinding less boring and unrewarding. I'm targering narrowing IVs, but apparently this was confirmed already.

Also you canb perfectly feasibly catch some 3x25 in the wild and that's half the work done. Just rely on rng a little more when combining all-around-decent breeders, rather than planning the perfect comp.

Eggplant is a genius...

You know why people didn't like the old system? because everstone passing nature 100% braces and ability pills everything is just easier with new breeding system and is not pokemmo problem that people can't spend time with this game is their problem if they haven't got time cause they're working why not wait until weekends and play it anyways this just my opinion.

Edited by CyrusZathen

Don't get me wrong, there are things that need to be fixed (battle tower payouts, shard tutors, brace prices maybe...) but the whole new system works with an mmo.

With the old breeding getting extremely good comps in no time was a joke and even with this new breeding system i am at the point of not knowing what else i could buy with my money.

The breeding system as it is is kinda balanced and breeding or catching comps isn't that boring. What's annoying is grinding 2 hours to get signal beam on a pokemon, or 10 hours for extremespeed. Ev training, that's a big turn off too.

As rachel said, you can't expect to have the regular breeding system in an mmo AND a good economy. 

Btw, breeding isn't even convenient as of now: you can make over 150k x hour just by doing npc runs (i calc'd 180, but i might be wrong).

That means you can actually get enough money to buy a fully trained comp just by playing 1 hour a day for...3 days?

New players can catch up like this, it's slow but they can; it's just unfair how we had access to that broken breeding system, but the change had to be done.

Devs surely wants us to grind more than an average player could tolerate, this is undeniable, but what else could they do with the breeding system?

pretty sure the economy of this game can never be fixed , how is it fair to be filthy rich by getting lucky , like finding a shiny vulpix vs finding a shiny ratata? and yeah i don't think we are exagerating , the breeding is poop , costs so much , no real money making (payday and isalnds is so repetitive never seen something like this before). I get the idea but its too damn hard. 

Edit: want to know why people havent riot yet ? because they are still breeding from their 6x31 breeders they had left on alts or waht ever with the last breeding system, no old player has actually made some comps from literal scratch , not using old breeds with super good ivs. Something new players have no choice to experience because they know nobody . That is why they are complanining because its ludacriss. Also not anymore complains because its so damn difficult that new players don't even try to enter the comp scene and just go on with their lifes after finishing the game. 

Edited by LionKIng

Alright, lets see.
1. Reduce the prices of bracers by 50%. This can be increased or decreased though honestly I believe it should be decreased further. This is a good place to start because the current price is just terrible considering you need LOTS of them. 

2. BP rewards should be doubled and/or prices of the battle tower should be cut in half. Also the 20% reduction if you heal is just stupid. Who is going to sacrifice their rewards? Just bring potions and revives. This should be free and will help reduce the cost of consumables.

3. Payday should work the way it used to, if not, at least allow the elite 4 to provide cash because stripping that from the players is pointless. Same with farming hold items, breaking them just because of a high level pokemon using thief is stupid. When i started, i trained a persian and gave it thief only to find out i wasted my TM and could not collect items due to breaking.

4. Better way to confirm IV's, of course I heard this is already being looked into which surprises me since this would reduce the amount of grinding which would make the game better and that seems to be a big no-no. 

All 4 of those above things are frustrating and do not improve the gameplay at all. It's just filler to get what you want. Anything that is extra padding and filler that you need to battle should be reduced across the board so people aren't discouraged by hundreds of hours of grinding.

Alright, lets see.
1. Reduce the prices of bracers by 50%. This can be increased or decreased though honestly I believe it should be decreased further. This is a good place to start because the current price is just terrible considering you need LOTS of them. 

2. BP rewards should be doubled and/or prices of the battle tower should be cut in half. Also the 20% reduction if you heal is just stupid. Who is going to sacrifice their rewards? Just bring potions and revives. This should be free and will help reduce the cost of consumables.

3. Payday should work the way it used to, if not, at least allow the elite 4 to provide cash because stripping that from the players is pointless. Same with farming hold items, breaking them just because of a high level pokemon using thief is stupid. When i started, i trained a persian and gave it thief only to find out i wasted my TM and could not collect items due to breaking.

4. Better way to confirm IV's, of course I heard this is already being looked into which surprises me since this would reduce the amount of grinding which would make the game better and that seems to be a big no-no. 

All 4 of those above things are frustrating and do not improve the gameplay at all. It's just filler to get what you want. Anything that is extra padding and filler that you need to battle should be reduced across the board so people aren't discouraged by hundreds of hours of grinding.

You will never convince the staff. This is their game not yours.
It's best you learn this lesson now.

pretty sure the economy of this game can never be fixed , how is it fair to be filthy rich by getting lucky , like finding a shiny vulpix vs finding a shiny ratata?

Yeh, shinies don't really fit in here, but i'm pretty confident 99% of the people will never find anything more than a regular shiny.

[spoiler]I hope[/spoiler]

Alright, lets see.

1 I don't use more than 3 braces when i breed, stop thinking regular comps are always 3x31+, that's not true.

They could be 10k x each, but that's it

2 AT LEAST doubled, but this has already been confirmed, so we'll see.

3 Payday still works, what do you mean? do as i said and you'll see how getting money is not that hard: Get a neutral/lonely/naughty/brave persian, ev it in att and hp, take it to lvl 100 and clean up 6 and 7 island. water pulse, return and payday.

4 That's confirmed too, don't worry. I'd rather have them instantly confirmed though.

Edited by Vaeldras

Alright, lets see.

Braces were Originally 30k they were Reduced to 15k be happy. That was your Price reduction

Entrance fee was 10k at first now its 5k.     ^^^^^ you are now spending more money then intended. when you can just get good and not need em

Cant add money to E4 or they will bring back 6 hour cooldown time which sucks balls.  Thief is too easy to obtain items when you use a higher level which floods the market and drives down prices(some people rely on this money).  

Even if you did from scratch, you don't find that amount to be way too much? Who here ENJOYS grinding on pokemmo?

Me... Been breeding from scratch with wild pokemon 3 5x31 and 1 hp fire venu 3x31 3x30 in one month.. "new players" how u call them are just lazy as fuck. I study computation engineering, have a beautiful girlfriend and can find the time to do this, don't see the problem, although ofc it can be improved but I don't understand the point of saying every time that old players have that "huge" advantage when it's just not true.. Edited by Arimanius