PokeMMO - A new players first impression (100~h)

ZippoBolter

im breeding 5*31 pokes, a HP ground poke with ivs 31 X 31 30 30 31 and things like that catching all wild pokes, just looking for those with one 31 (or more)(or 30s, by the hidden power). between catching sessions, i go and fight NPCs and make some money for braces. yes, i can take like 2 weeks to breed a comp; but you get a reward starting from zero.

anyways, it isnt necessary a 5x31 poke, really. just like orange said, he with a relaxed pinsir, i got a 6-0 in a team tournament with a quirky fearow without 31s. i still have that poke.

Pretty sure if I was a new player and didn't have the hours invested I did. I couldn't stick with this game. The grinding is just way to much 2 weeks to make one comp from scratch, times 6 that's 3 months to make a team that will possibly fail and not even like. If I didn't have the breeders I did already there is no way I'd be trying to breed. Way to much time involved.

Pretty sure there isn't a single player with a whole 6x31 team.
I think craig got this right.
Prople have too high standards.
If you're only a couple of hours into the game, it should be a given you won't have access to the top of the line endgame legendary equipment of an mmo.
A lot of us have 2000, 4000 hours of grinding behind us, navigating through dofferent breeding systems.
Sure, there are a handful of players who joined the game in that awkward mid-2014 period when you could join a team, borrow comps and breed them for free stuff within minutes.
But at one point, there weren't any breeders ready. I spent five months breeding kabutos together from 3x15s, slowly upgrading them with that 12.5% gender ratio. Almost regret it because of how easy breeding is now.
No matter what the system, a gap between 2000 hours and 100 hours is pretty normal.

That said. Yes, it wouldn't hurt to make grinding less boring and unrewarding. I'm targering narrowing IVs, but apparently this was confirmed already.

Also you canb perfectly feasibly catch some 3x25 in the wild and that's half the work done. Just rely on rng a little more when combining all-around-decent breeders, rather than planning the perfect comp.

Hey we can agree here atleast. Breeding mechanics are the beautiful umbrella term to cover up the hours of shitty grinding entailed.

Lol agreed. like honestly I wouldn't be playing this game if I didn't have the breeders. To make comps that take that long from scratch and trying to breed things that might have tier changed and not have any use when you actually complete it.....yeah the pain. Wouldn't even bother. It's such a huge turnoff for new players and that is just one more thing that kills our community. To be able to help people get started and get them to stay was easy back then. Now I basically tell any new player your on your own. Tell them what to do and if they stay great if not I understand. But I already dint play as much because of the grind. Play halo or any other game and get right into action, or grind for hours then play 15 min find out it's worthless....fun times we have now. I think the grinding really needs addressed by staff.

I do agree the grinding in PokeMMO is too time consuming, considering how many comps you actually need. As a competitive player, you can't just have 6 - you need much more.

However, I have to correct the part about veteran players winning due to their high IV Pokemon. That is not true, not even close. Certain moves with Shard tutors or in some rare cases with Battle Points are needed to make a certain Pokemon usable but IVs just don't matter that much if you want to play competitively. Obviously, the higher the better but just some quick calcs tell a Pokemon like all 20 compared to 6x 31 isn't that much inferior. The reason why veteran players win more is 99% about their competitive knowledge and prediction skills. Just for the record, the first official I ever won I had a Relaxed Pinsir in my UU team. So... yeah.

winning oceanic tournament doesn't count, everyone knows murica > europe hueee

i don't see why any of you guys are bashing this guy, if you think that this new mmo is fun in any way for a new player shoot yourself right now because it isnt. How many new players have actually hit the tourney stage since this update? how many new players have we got that does comp and are promissing to the comp world. There is a gap now that can never be filled by new players. 

And idk why you guys think that the old breeding system was too easy, isnt that what a pokemon game is supposed to be like? pokemons obtainable for everyone ? there was pokemons that were worth way more then others due to the rarity of the pokemon (starmie for exemple , good dittos, porygons , etc ) juste because they couldnt be produced in mass and were harder to get. We also had to grind for the eggs to hatch with the egg move thingy or your egg wouldnt hatch or would hatch much slower. 

A mmo where everyone has the same resources to get somewhere would be the perfect end game , i find it really sad that the devs don't see it this way , we have so much stuff to grind already , ev training , shard hunting, money hunting, battle points grinding, leveling up the pokemons, breeding pokemons 

now its this : ev training , shard hunting , money hunting , island hunting, pay day hunting, battle points grinding, leveling up the pokemons , catching the pokemons , grinding everstones , arange your breeding pokemons to see if it all works out or go catch an other box of them , breed the pokemons. This might be fun for some time for a casual player but in the long run nobody will stay in the game and play 

edit: omg how could i have forgoten this , ofc the narowing ivs of 1000 pokemon to only have 2 that are actually 31 speed lmao

anyways this was just my opinion about this breeding system

Edited by LionKIng

Too many people are fixated on the whole "6x31 poke team" being said(already 3 people quoted/mentioned it and completely let what is being discussed about fly right above their heads). Even if you are trying for something mildly close to that it is still significantly a long grinding boring process to get a team made up for competitive play.

It's not about wanting perfect stats on the pokemon team you want it's about getting them up to par with other competitive players and that in itself is ridiculously hard in this MMO. I know I won't be bothered to grind in this game as easy as it is to multi-task this game and watch anime/tv or w/e. It just ain't worth it and the satisfaction is non-existent.

Edited by thenamesed

Too many people are fixated on the whole "6x31 poke team" being said(already 3 people quoted/mentioned it and completely let what is being discussed about fly right above their heads). Even if you are trying for something mildly close to that it is still significantly a long grinding boring process to get a team made up for competitive play.

Nobody has focused on that at all, matter of fact, they have focused on quite the opposite of how it is simple and considerably easier to make something only slightly less for considerably cheaper, and relatively easily.

Nobody has focused on that at all, matter of fact, they have focused on quite the opposite of how it is simple and considerably easier to make something only slightly less for considerably cheaper, and relatively easily.

"Easier"? Might be time consuming is the main issue I think people have issues with.

It took me like 3 weeks from nothing to acquire a full team, needed items, ect. imo that isnt that bad. 

The problem is nobody is successful with a 6 comps alone. One needs multiple sets, teams, and just pokemon overall to prevent monotony...and scouting. The process is repetitive and...bleh

@OP A nobody, and by nobody I mean literally anyone with breeding unlocked, can now make a 6x31 or multiple 5x in a matter of days. If you don't want to grind for days you can aim for low.
The gap you are talking about is relative to time (or laziness), if you spend enough time(doing the right thing) you will catch up. That's what most MMOs are all about.

Here is the message you are giving to new players:

1.You are expected to grind for everything. EVERYTHING. Not just grind through the story to get access to late game resources, but additional grind for each individual resource. Not only this, all resources such as dittos, breeders, bracers and everstones are now consumables that are consumed after one use. So getting a few is no good, you need hundreds. On top of this the basic rate of obtaining resources (reduced payday/ditto catch rate) are implemented to increase the grind.

2. You will NEVER have a 6x31 comp. The new system is intentionally designed so that anyone new starting this game is forbidden from having 6x31 comps and even the necessity of breeding for hidden power is out of reach for most. New players are told to settle for less and accept our natural disadvantage because the system is designed to be so unfair that only veteran players will have access to perfect pokemon and the grind to catchup is more time consuming then ever. 

3. While this "settling" breeding method indeed reduces an endless grind into a merely tedious grind, those on the top will stay on the top. This system is rigged so that anyone joining now has to do all of the slave labor for the same resources that veteran players endlessly cloned and can trade/sell whenever they please. 

4. Nobody cares about your time, nor do they want you to succeed. The goal is not to expand on the competitive player base or improve the quality of gameplay, it's to increase the value of resources within the game to keep the majority poor and the rich the best by default. Seeing people turn a pokemon game into some economics garbage instead of giving the players what they came here for is wrong. Yup, i said it. It's greedy and wrong, but I bet it's an ego trip for the nerds with a superiority complex who love to power abuse in mmorpg's ^^

are you genuinly missing the point or trying to be ignorant?

There is no point, he acts like veterans are running around with perfect pokemon themselves, they aren't. They are having to settle with less just as much as everybody else unless they put the extra effort into it.  Either way, you can't expect there to not be a gap between what you have one week after you beat the game compared to people that have played for years, or even someone thats played for only a few months.

Reduced ditto catch rate? If anything its increased.

You can GUARANTEE yourself getting a 6x31 comp, something you couldn't do before.

If you consider grinding 2 mil in bracers for each individual pokemon a possibility for the vast majority of players, you are mistaken. Yes it is POSSIBLE, but NOBODY who has a job or does anything in life besides continuous grinding will EVER achieve it. Try it yourself from scratch.

Really you think dittos are easier to catch? I use the magikarp trick so the dittos should have to catch rate of magikarp and be unable to attack me, yet they can break out of ultra balls on 1 HP. Easier? How?

Edit: I expect a gap between new and old players. Veterans should have multiple comps, shinies and access to all BP items etc by then for sure. However how many hours do you personally expect us to put in of pure grinding? Why is everything so expensive and why is everything screwing us? Why does the elite 4 give no money? Why is payday nerfed? Why does each bracer cost 15k? Why do everstones break if I hunt them with my higher level pokemon? Why are BP attacks 25k? It's all about making it harder for newer players and keeping us behind as much as possible

Edited by ZippoBolter