Ranked PVP with seasonal rewards

LionKIng

Question

i thought prizes had been discussed and the reason they weren't implemented was because it was easy to manipulate the ladder, get someone to loose to you on purpose stuff like that.

well thats why you make it anonymous, the main reason why alot of players including myself do not play in public places exemple vermilion is because of the ''scouting'' problem this game has, its like a cancer that you can't escape , it follows you everywhere , believe it or not but theres actually people that goes to these public places and have note pades openned and scout everyone there (not gonna say names but you know who you are) and making it anonymous would promote these players to play in more public places and make matchmaking manipulation harder since more people playing at the same time. 

Edited by LionKIng

I like it. I think a ranked PVP with bronze / silver / gold tiers is what the game needs.
In fact, this could single-handedly solve most of the players' complaints about game being dead.
It's endgame content that won't run out like the story does when it's completed in three days. It'll last as long as you keep making seasons.
People will fight over this system without end to get those rewards, without any immediate need for updates or even staff-organized officials.

This is one of the most important steps to a game that stands on its own feet imo. In fact, the game does not run if we don't have officials. That's our endgame content.
If we have this new PvP alongside officials, it might even be a legitimately really fun addictive game. I feel most players stick around just for the chat, their friends, rather than the game. We're blessed with an unusually tight community. But adding this would effectively drive people to play. Top priority #1 imo. Don't even bother with content that runs out after one completion. At least put it off 'til after this.

an anonymous way to duel would be cool in itself.

prizes would make the matchmaking system actually relevant again, but i'm sure that's been suggested before.

well to be fair its not really the prize in itself that is relevant, its just fun to duel when ever you want with someone your level of competitive play without being scared of the scouting, that for me is the best part of this idea, really different from others ,also the ranking system based on ranking tiers and not elo itself makes it intersting

well to be fair its not really the prize in itself that is relevant, its just fun to duel when ever you want with someone your level of competitive play without being scared of the scouting, that for me is the best part of this idea, really different from others ,also the ranking system based on ranking tiers and not elo itself makes it intersting

I think the prize is pretty vital to the concept.

If you want people to use this system, you wanna give them a reason to climb up to gold tier.

They have to be able to show off "Hey guys I am top 10% look at this cool hat" or whatever it is, as long as it can never ever be obtained again

I think the prize is pretty vital to the concept.

If you want people to use this system, you wanna give them a reason to climb up to gold tier.

They have to be able to show off "Hey guys I am top 10% look at this cool hat" or whatever it is, as long as it can never ever be obtained again

yes ofcourse prize would be really neat , but the simple fact of dueling in total secrecy and not worrying about being scouted by the rats with notepads makes this idea even more appealing to every competitive player, i can say from experience that at least 50 people don't duel because of the scouting reason.

Great suggestion and the notepad players are absolutely ridiculous (cough Fred cough). Just hope that something like this doesn't replace tournaments altogether. That would be bad for the game in my opinion and would see me go. I love having that environment of being showcased with everyone watching matches they've been asking for for like ever. 

Nevertheless, +1

Great suggestion and the notepad players are absolutely ridiculous (cough Fred cough). Just hope that something like this doesn't replace tournaments altogether. That would be bad for the game in my opinion and would see me go. I love having that environment of being showcased with everyone watching matches they've been asking for for like ever. 

Nevertheless, +1

Well it would be a great way also to make tournament registration based on merit instead of internet connexion.

Great suggestion and the notepad players are absolutely ridiculous (cough Fred cough). 

i stopped doing that about the same time i stopped winning tournaments

also my suggestion for this would be to create a system that gives rewards based off your elo.

something like winner gets a randomly generated number between "X-Z" which is then multiplied by your ELO and divided by a very large number and rounded down. the end result would be the yen or bp you get as prize for your victory.

the pros for this would be more end game content and reasoning for people to use battle system. 

the cons would be minimal since going to the battle tower or grinding with pay day would pay more unless you have a ridiculously high elo and good players would always fight for the top keeping the abuse of the system low and difficult. 

EDIT: i think it's too early to ask for more then something small. mods will want to test out the idea and see how well it does.

Edited by fredrichnietze

Well it would be a great way also to make tournament registration based on merit instead of internet connexion.

Thats a god awful Idea. Seeing as a match can easily be decided by RNG just as easily as skill sometimes, telling someone that they cant join a tourney because they dont rank in the top X% is completely asinine.

What if you got a currency from the matchmaking and there was a shop that sold items for that currency.
You can buy items in your 'tier' and lower.
For example bronze can only buy bronze items, and gold can buy bronze, silver and gold tier items.
So there's motivation to rise through the ranks if the prizes are worth it (RENEWABLE TMS!?, Exchange for BP (alternative to cancer TT), cosmetics, shards, everstones, etc)

The hardest part about this is you will need people to use it otherwise it just wont work. The idea of prizes seems nice but if only 2 people are using it at that time then it would be easier farming for one of those people.
That said this is definitely something thats needed for the game and would be amazing to have

The hardest part about this is you will need people to use it otherwise it just wont work. The idea of prizes seems nice but if only 2 people are using it at that time then it would be easier farming for one of those people.
That said this is definitely something thats needed for the game and would be amazing to have

i mean, how many people logg on every day and don't duel just because they don't want to be scouted , i know that i repeat myself alot saying this but its the ugly reality, if this was implemented and it was made so the duels were all anonymous, alot more players including myself would rather duel in these new terms then staying in verm and just chatting with team mates and all.

This idea is just healthy for the game, i see alot of people liking this thread, so if this idea is one day put into reality we all need to play our parts into it 

also what could be a cool idea so that thres no "throwing" duels to climb ladder is enable this feature on hot hours like couple hours a day and stuff like that. 

What if you got a currency from the matchmaking and there was a shop that sold items for that currency.
You can buy items in your 'tier' and lower.
For example bronze can only buy bronze items, and gold can buy bronze, silver and gold tier items.
So there's motivation to rise through the ranks if the prizes are worth it (RENEWABLE TMS!?, Exchange for BP (alternative to cancer TT), cosmetics, shards, everstones, etc)

I really like this idea alot ! makes it grinding but a fun grind at least !

Of course ranked PvP and a random matchmaking system is one of the crucial things that this game needs. Did anybody forget that it was already implemented? It failed, because nobody used it. The devs said that if it was going to be implemented again, they would have to find a way to make people play it.

Interestingly enough, devs have stated that PvP is a criminal offense, because it makes you avoid other parts of the gameplay. For them, PvP is nothing but a money sink. As it stands, prizes seems unlikely. Hopefully they will reconsder this some day.