Pokemon Encounter Counter

Kiortio

Question

I had a random thought as I found my like...9000th poliwag, that it would be nice to have a specific pokemon counter. Like in the pokedex, you could click on the pokemon in question, and it's page would come up, and by the "Moves" page, there could be an "Encounter" page that will tell you how many times you have run into said pokemon. You would also have a button to reset the counter for that specific pokemon.

7 answers to this question

Since some people complained about "oh i played since 1234 hours without encounter any shiny", and I saw these people just standing without hunting pokemon.

So here is my suggestion : is it hard to encode a wild encounter pokemon in the pokedex?

[spoiler]R3780bi.jpg[/spoiler]

I'm not really sure why people would actually want this... I kept count of where I was in my 1000 horsea catching quest by the number of pokeballs I had in my bag (but I guess that's a bit different then simply encountering and then running, especially in the case of the safari).

I do know that people that played the cartridge games and wanted to keep track of their encounters would use a calculator or something like that.

I think, in this case, that the encounter counter is demanded by a very small amount of people, and since it can be easily accomplished manually, this is not something that the staff should not truly consider seriously. If a large amount of players advocate for this idea, then it should be considered, but until then... Priority last if even given a priority at all...

(sorry if my text doesn't fully make sense in places... I kinda just woke up)

If a large amount of players advocate for this idea, then it should be considered, but until then... Priority last if even given a priority at all...

It doesn't matter how many players want this feature, it won't be considered for development. 

[spoiler]inb4 post removed again because the SB Mod hates me[/spoiler]