[Assistance] Wailord

Yaguarete

3P5uL5l.png

Hi guys, i have problems choosing a set for this whale, maybe its too simple, but, well, i want some opinions.

This big blue has outstanding HP, decent ofensive stats, but the other stats are ugly.
having in count this and his moveset, i would like to do a moveset for a non-UU-OU enviropment. (:P)

Body Slam
Double-Edge

Earthquake

Ice Beam

Self-destruct

Surf

Waterfall

Water Spout

Other moves: Amnesia, Block, Bounce, Curse, Rock Tomb.

keep coments on topic and save your opinions about the poke, tier and player for your own

i read you.

its hard to find a good comp moveset cause wailord is so unbalanced

exactly >.<

I would go quiet for a mixed set with water spout, body slam, earthquake and selfdestruct when its job is done, and I would use paralyze support so it can out speed everything and hit it with water spout first since that is its best attack imo, idk about evs :P

EVs are the main problem, i think. Edited by Noad
Please don't double post~

Well, it's entirely dependent on your Nature before I can actually give the EVs depending on the set as well, since there are like....a lot of natures that can be viable on a Wailord. 

84 HP EVs (assuming max HP IV) maximizes Leftovers recovery, which can work on any set. If you're running a Curse set, hit around 172 Defense EVs to avoid the 2HKO from most NU Choice Banders at +1, putting the other 252 in Special Defense. You can opt for +Attack/Special Defense/Defense on this. 

On a more Specially/mixed orientated set, Timid 252/252 means you outspeed as much as possible for Water Spout to hit with either maximum power. If opting for something like Selfdestruct, just make the nature mixed with Hasty/Naive. -Speed isn't really that good unless you're not running Water Spout, which personally even then is inferior to Speed investing it. 

CB bulky wailord do itttt

Waterfall, EQ, Double Edge, Self Destruct
252 ATK and split Defenses

Go go go go

i forgot that the high HP stat allows to do use and abuse of double edge. good suggestion.

Well, it's entirely dependent on your Nature before I can actually give the EVs depending on the set as well, since there are like....a lot of natures that can be viable on a Wailord. 

84 HP EVs (assuming max HP IV) maximizes Leftovers recovery, which can work on any set. If you're running a Curse set, hit around 172 Defense EVs to avoid the 2HKO from most NU Choice Banders at +1, putting the other 252 in Special Defense. You can opt for +Attack/Special Defense/Defense on this. 

On a more Specially/mixed orientated set, Timid 252/252 means you outspeed as much as possible for Water Spout to hit with either maximum power. If opting for something like Selfdestruct, just make the nature mixed with Hasty/Naive. -Speed isn't really that good unless you're not running Water Spout, which personally even then is inferior to Speed investing it. 

you are covered the rest of the info needed with this, good detail.

Well i think i know all that i need, thank you all very much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.