[Denied]Give Shiny Nincada a 50/50 chance to be Shiny Ninjask/Shedinja

As far as I'm aware, when Shiny Nincada is evolved, it makes a Shiny Ninjask, and a random shit Shedinja.

What I'm suggesting is that when it evolves, there be a 50/50 chance for the shiny.

The same could be applied to the IVs/Nature, since breeding for a comp Shedinja isn't possible right now.

This would essentially be two shinies for the price of one if the player is lucky, and will cause the player to be extremely upset if they're unlucky. This kind of awkward value being applied to a shiny Nincada seems a bit strange.

As for IVs/nature, the Nincada's nature is always passed, but the IVs have to be random or it becomes an almost-cloning situation. A comp Shedinja is plenty obtainable and arguably cheaper to make than a comp Ninjask, as you can catch really bad lonely/naughty/adamant Nincadas then simply evolve them and release. Only two IVs matter on Shedinja, so it's plenty feasible unless the player wants them both to be 31 and won't accept anything less.

This would essentially be two shinies for the price of one if the player is lucky

how does that work? i don't mean a 50% chance at each of them, i mean a 50/50 shot as in like a coin toss, heads nincada, tails shedinja, not a 50% chance for both.

As is you can already get two shinies for the price of one "if the player is lucky"

how does that work? i don't mean a 50% chance at each of them, i mean a 50/50 shot as in like a coin toss, heads nincada, tails shedinja, not a 50% chance for both.

As is you can already get two shinies for the price of one "if the player is lucky"

If a shiny Nincada has a 50% chance of producing a shiny Shedinja on top of also becoming a shiny Ninjask, that'd be creating two shinies. If you mean that a shiny Nincada will produce either a shiny Ninjask or Shedinja but not both, the player may have wanted the one that they didn't get. This also wouldn't make much sense as the Ninjask is the Nincada itself after evolution, and Shedinja just a hollow shell.

Currently the chance of a player obtaining a shiny Shedinja from a shiny Ninjask is incredibly low. Shiny Nincadas aren't coming into the game very quickly, and not all of them will get to evolve regardless. At that kind of rate, getting two shinies from one is a non-issue - the Shedinja has the same shiny chance as any wild Pokemon (or Shedinja from an ordinary Nincada). For better or for worse, a shiny Shedinja is an extreme rarity, and arguably the hardest shiny to obtain. I personally like it the way that it is as it would make a shiny Shedinja something really special, but my views probably aren't shared by others.

If a shiny Nincada has a 50% chance of producing a shiny Shedinja on top of also becoming a shiny Ninjask, that'd be creating two shinies. If you mean that a shiny Nincada will produce either a shiny Ninjask or Shedinja but not both, the player may have wanted the one that they didn't get. This also wouldn't make much sense as the Ninjask is the Nincada itself after evolution, and Shedinja just a hollow shell.

Currently the chance of a player obtaining a shiny Shedinja from a shiny Ninjask is incredibly low. Shiny Nincadas aren't coming into the game very quickly, and not all of them will get to evolve regardless. At that kind of rate, getting two shinies from one is a non-issue - the Shedinja has the same shiny chance as any wild Pokemon (or Shedinja from an ordinary Nincada). For better or for worse, a shiny Shedinja is an extreme rarity, and arguably the hardest shiny to obtain. I personally like it the way that it is as it would make a shiny Shedinja something really special, but my views probably aren't shared by others.

better than not getting any shiny shedinja tho, besides, there is always the trade chat, based on what u said and the player didn't want a shiny shedinja, means another player might have received a shiny ninjask. And the balance is set.

To be clear, I do mean that it come out one or the other. Obviously.

And no, I don't think shedinja.gifshedinja.gifshould be an extreme rarity. Seems almost pointless. I feel like Shiny Shedinja should have a more realistic chance of existing.

Considering what darkshade said about recognizing the pokemons as "drops" if we were to regard them as item drops on an mmorpg level, either you re-obtain the requirements or trade with a person. Finding a shiny is hard enough, also regarding the method of how yo obtain a shedinja, the grinding will be too irritating, for that i agree with the idea. Also to think that it would create an opening in the market where players will actually need to trade if they were unsatisfied with the shiny they obtain. As for an example to that; on a regular mmorpg game there is a boss with two item drops and its highly rare to encounter. So either the player will need to re-challenge the boss and hope for the other item or trade with another player. I personally find it interesting.

Edited by Malorne

I agree with nature and IV's since otherwise it would be improbable to get a comp, but a 2 for 1 shiny seems quite OP. Even if it looks like shit, it's still a rare asf shiny since nincada can only be found in 1 location at not too high of an encounter rate. Keeping the same 1/8192 or whatever it is chance when you evolve a nincada would be better imo, that way a non-shiny Nincada can still make a shiny Shedinja

Edited by Kizhaz

but he isnt suggesting a 2 for 1 shiny

If you mean that a shiny Nincada will produce either a shiny Ninjask or Shedinja but not both, the player may have wanted the one that they didn't get. This also wouldn't make much sense as the Ninjask is the Nincada itself after evolution, and Shedinja just a hollow shell.

Yeah, and if I walk in the Icefall Cave hunting for a shiny Sneasel and I get a Golbat I didn't want that either. When I press Fire Blast I want it to hit, but it doesn't do that always either.

>making sense

>pokemon

you really outdid yourself here

Yeah, and if I walk in the Icefall Cave hunting for a shiny Sneasel and I get a Golbat I didn't want that either. When I press Fire Blast I want it to hit, but it doesn't do that always either.

>making sense

>pokemon

you really outdid yourself here

Completely different scenario.  When you catch a shiny you know what you are going to get when you evolve it.  When you are out hunting, unless you use repels to make it the only encounter or it is the only encounter in the area, its entirely up in the air as to what shiny you could get.  

Completely different scenario.  When you catch a shiny you know what you are going to get when you evolve it.  When you are out hunting, unless you use repels to make it the only encounter or it is the only encounter in the area, its entirely up in the air as to what shiny you could get.  

I guess we should scrap shiny Wurmple out of the game then.

I guess we should scrap shiny Wurmple out of the game then.

Fair enough, what about IV's though.  You get a second chance at getting a shiny with good IV's- no, you get an incredibly higher chance at getting a shiny with good IV's as Shedinja only needs two?

Fair enough, what about IV's though.  You get a second chance at getting a shiny with good IV's- no, you get an incredibly higher chance at getting a shiny with good IV's as Shedinja only needs two?

isn't shiny breeding on the horizon? Does a completely random IV roll really concern staff enough to nix this idea, when in the future, good-iv shinies will be manufactured anyways? I feel like you're just reaching at this point

Maybe a better solution to this would be that a shiny Nincada will evolve into EITHER Shiny Ninjask or Shedinja (randomly, one of them will be shiny). This way numbers won't be messed up when shiny breeding happens.

Or we could give the player the autonomy to choose which of them will be shiny.

Maybe a better solution to this would be that a shiny Nincada will evolve into EITHER Shiny Ninjask or Shedinja (randomly, one of them will be shiny). This way numbers won't be messed up when shiny breeding happens.

Or we could give the player the autonomy to choose which of them will be shiny.

That was the suggestion originally