Creative Writing Contest: A Gym Leader Battle (1st May - 1st June)

Noad

I think you both need to read his question again, I know I did. He asked if the leaders have to have their specific pokemon or can they change it up a bit

Thank you this is what i ment !

Oh its fine to change the Pokemon around if people wish. 

Thanks for letting me know !

If I decide to go with a newspaper article, could I post it as an image? I know it'd make word count a bit difficult to get exactly.

Or I could post the image along with a raw text form for the sake of the word count. Not even sure I'll go that route but just asking.

If I decide to go with a newspaper article, could I post it as an image? I know it'd make word count a bit difficult to get exactly.

Or I could post the image along with a raw text form for the sake of the word count. Not even sure I'll go that route but just asking.

I would rather the latter for the reason that I would have a pure text form as well that could make it a bit easier to read. 

Alright. Sadly, I can't do a gymleader battle from my story on the forums because that'd be a spoiler. Btw, some spelling is just aussie spelling kinda like center = centre and meter = metre.

[spoiler]Gym Leader Battle

Finally, Jacob has reached the gym in Cinnabar Island. Jacob opens the big metal doors that lead into the gym, spotting an old man with a lab-coat. The old man had a red sweater under his lab-coat, with brown pants and grey shoes. "Hello, young challenger! I am Blaine, the seventh gym-leader of Kanto!" Blaine shouted with a tone of pride in his work. Jacob got out his Pokeball and raised it to Blaine. "I'm Jacob, I am here to battle for your badge." Jacob said. "Well, let's go! Go, Growlithe!" Blaine commanded, throwing his Pokeball at the ground which released a small dog-like Pokemon.

"Go, Hitmonlee!" Jacob shouted, throwing his Pokeball into mid-air and seeing the flash of the Pokeball send out a Hitmonlee. "Alright Hitmonlee, use mega kick!" Jacob commanded. Hitmonlee stretched it's leg a few metres and kicked the Growlithe with a great force. "I see... You use your Hitmonlee to stretch it's legs instead of moving it. I'm guessing that your Hitmonlee is a fast runner then. Growlithe, flamethrower!" Blaine commanded. Hitmonlee barely dodged and decided to go the fastest he could. Jacob had a plan with Hitmonlee's legs. Since they're retractable, they can pump energy. This energy would boil the blood which speeds up the heart-rate. This would ultimately give Hitmonlee more speed and strength. "Alright Hitmonlee, double kick!" Jacob shouted, knocking out the Growlithe. 

"Darn it! Return, Growlithe. Now let's go, Ninetales!" Said Blaine, who was throwing a Pokeball. "I see what you're doing, but if you speed up the heart-rate that would mean that it'd shorten it's life, right?" Blaine explained, giving off a smirk. Blaine knew a weak-spot in this battle. "Ninetales, fire blast at the left side of Hitmonlee." Blaine commanded. Jacob was confused as to what was happening. Blaine had burned the wall, knowing what Hitmonlee would do next. "Hitmonlee, bounce off the walls to distract Ninetales!" Jacob commanded. Hitmonlee bounced off the walls fine and then hit the burn mark on the wall. "Ahahah, fell right into my trap. Now Ninetales, use fireblast at Hitmonlee while it's slower!" Blaine shouted. Ninetales spat a star-shaped fire at Hitmonlee, causing Hitmonlee to faint.

"Return, Hitmonlee! Go, Blastoise!" Jacob shouted, throwing his Pokeball. Blaine seemed to have a troubled look on his face. "Ninetales, careful with this one..." Blaine warned at Ninetales. "Blastoise, hydro pump the ground and use skull bash!" Jacob commanded. Blastoise did what was commanded and made a dent in the floor. "Ninetales, run at Blastoise and go for a close-up scratch!" Blaine shouted. Ninetales ran and naturally, fell down at the dent in the floor. "Blastoise, hydro pump once more!" Jacob said, with Blastoise using Hydro Pump to finish off. At the same time, Ninetales used a close-up fireblast, which ended the Blastoise and the Ninetales. "I guess it's my final Pokemon, yours too." Blaine said. "Go, Charizard!" Jacob shouted, realizing that this would be a bad matchup. Blaine smirked and threw his Pokeball. "Go, Arcanine!" He shouts, and so does Arcanine. Charizard looks at Arcanine and waits for the order. "Use slash, Charizard!" Jacob shouted.
"I see. Use thunder-fang, Arcanine!" Blaine commanded.

Arcanine impaled Charizard's neck with thunder fangs. "Hang in there Charizard!" Jacob shouted, trying to think of a plan. Charizard didn't seem to feel pain anymore. Charizard's eyes were glowing red and his body was steaming hot. "Oh my, his Blaze mode activated..." Blaine said with a worried tone. Charizard flew at Arcanine and used slash, smashing Arcanine into a wall. "Arcanine!" Blaine shouted, running over to the Pokemon. Blaine got out his Pokeball, "Return Arcanine." he said. Blaine turned to Jacob, he walked towards Jacob and decided to give Jacob his badge. "Alright, I got the flame badge!" Jacob shouted in excitement, returning Charizard to his Pokeball. "Here is TM37, fireblast. Charizard might like that move..." Blaine said, giving Jacob a disk. Jacob left the gym in happiness of earning his seventh badge, ready to overcome the future challenges.

668 Words.[/spoiler]

Well riga rekt me so I may as well point this out. I did copy an anime called One Piece for this but it was also partly my thought. The stretchy legs was my idea because Hitmonlee has legs that look like they can extend and retract. The using the legs as a pump to increase speed and heart-rate, as well as power was from One Piece. xD

I guess I have some tough opponents, looking forward to feedback! :)
Edited by Grampaaa

Alright. Sadly, I can't do a gymleader battle from my story on the forums because that'd be a spoiler. Btw, some spelling is just aussie spelling kinda like center = centre and meter = metre.

Finally, Jacob has reached the gym in Cinnabar Island. Jacob opens the big metal doors that lead into the gym, spotting an old man with a lab-coat. The old man had a red sweater under his lab-coat, with brown pants and grey shoes. "Hello, young challenger! I am Blaine, the seventh gym-leader of Kanto!" Blaine shouted with a tone of pride in his work. Jacob got out his Pokeball and raised it to Blaine. "I'm Jacob, I am here to battle for your badge." Jacob said. "Well, let's go! Go, Growlithe!" Blaine commanded, throwing his Pokeball at the ground which released a small dog-like Pokemon.

"Go, Hitmonlee!" Jacob shouted, throwing his Pokeball into mid-air and seeing the flash of the Pokeball send out a Hitmonlee. "Alright Hitmonlee, use mega kick!" Jacob commanded. Hitmonlee stretched it's leg a few metres and kicked the Growlithe with a great force. "I see... You use your Hitmonlee to stretch it's legs instead of moving it. I'm guessing that your Hitmonlee is a fast runner then. Growlithe, flamethrower!" Blaine commanded. Hitmonlee barely dodged and decided to go the fastest he could. Jacob had a plan with Hitmonlee's legs. Since they're retractable, they can pump energy. This energy would boil the blood which speeds up the heart-rate. This would ultimately give Hitmonlee more speed and strength. "Alright Hitmonlee, double kick!" Jacob shouted, knocking out the Growlithe. 

"Darn it! Return, Growlithe. Now let's go, Ninetales!" Said Blaine, who was throwing a Pokeball. "I see what you're doing, but if you speed up the heart-rate that would mean that it'd shorten it's life, right?" Blaine explained, giving off a smirk. Blaine knew a weak-spot in this battle. "Ninetales, fire blast at the left side of Hitmonlee." Blaine commanded. Jacob was confused as to what was happening. Blaine had burned the wall, knowing what Hitmonlee would do next. "Hitmonlee, bounce off the walls to distract Ninetales!" Jacob commanded. Hitmonlee bounced off the walls fine and then hit the burn mark on the wall. "Ahahah, fell right into my trap. Now Ninetales, use fireblast at Hitmonlee while it's slower!" Blaine shouted. Ninetales spat a star-shaped fire at Hitmonlee, causing Hitmonlee to faint.

"Return, Hitmonlee! Go, Blastoise!" Jacob shouted, throwing his Pokeball. Blaine seemed to have a troubled look on his face. "Ninetales, careful with this one..." Blaine warned at Ninetales. "Blastoise, hydro pump the ground and use skull bash!" Jacob commanded. Blastoise did what was commanded and made a dent in the floor. "Ninetales, run at Blastoise and go for a close-up scratch!" Blaine shouted. Ninetales ran and naturally, fell down at the dent in the floor. "Blastoise, hydro pump once more!" Jacob said, with Blastoise using Hydro Pump to finish off. At the same time, Ninetales used a close-up fireblast, which ended the Blastoise and the Ninetales. "I guess it's my final Pokemon, yours too." Blaine said. "Go, Charizard!" Jacob shouted, realizing that this would be a bad matchup. Blaine smirked and threw his Pokeball. "Go, Arcanine!" He shouts, and so does Arcanine. Charizard looks at Arcanine and waits for the order. "Use slash, Charizard!" Jacob shouted.

Arcanine impaled Charizard's neck with thunder fangs. "Hang in there Charizard!" Jacob shouted, trying to think of a plan. Charizard didn't seem to feel pain anymore. Charizard's eyes were glowing red and his body was steaming hot. "Oh my, his Blaze mode activated..." Blaine said with a worried tone. Charizard flew at Arcanine and used slash, smashing Arcanine into a wall. "Arcanine!" Blaine shouted, running over to the Pokemon. Blaine got out his Pokeball, "Return Arcanine." he said. Blaine turned to Jacob, he walked towards Jacob and decided to give Jacob his badge. "Alright, I got the flame badge!" Jacob shouted in excitement, returning Charizard to his Pokeball. "Here is TM37, fireblast. Charizard might like that move..." Blaine said, giving Jacob a disk. Jacob left the gym in happiness of earning his seventh badge, ready to overcome the future challenges.

668 Words.[/spoiler]

That Hitmonlee's tactic seems awfully familiar..

[spoiler]f0d8ch.gif[/spoiler]

Well here we are. 

IGN Rigamorty

My story. 1399 words.

[spoiler]I step into the Ecruteak Gym cautiously, and I would say everyone should. With the lack of a floor in most places it's dangerous. Despite the multiple visits, I still get a terrible chill upon entering. My first time in here Medium Edith almost killed me. She startled me while I was nearing a corner on the invisible path. Today though was the third time I'd traveled this path, and I could probably do it with my eyes closed.

"Good of you to have come." There it is. That cool, calm, yet ominous voice. I squint my eyes to try and see in front of me, when the lights on each side of him finally flick on. There he stands. So young, so proud. "We will have a four on four Pokemon battle. If you win, you get to leave with the Fog Badge. If you lose, I'm sure I'll see you again." He taunts me.
  It's time, I wish I could muster up the courage to even say something to him, but I can't. I'll let them do the talking for me.
"Go, Dusknoir" I shout, tossing my pokeball. 
Without a word he sends out his first pokemon, Drifblim.
The Drifblim who managed to take out three of my Pokemon my first time around, and two the second. 
Drifblim quickly fires off a shadow ball, already bringing Dusknoir to the edge of fainting, but at least he survived, and now it's our turn.
Dusknoir approaches the Drifblim delivering a strong Shadow Punch, dealing just over 60% of Drifblim's HP in damage. 
Just as Drifblim is preparing to end Dusknoir with a second Shadow Ball I command "Go, hit it with Shadow Sneak!"
The move just barely manages to KO. This was it. The first time I had ever taken the lead on him. Or so I thought.
As the Shadow Sneak connected it happened. Drifblim suddenly popped. It was Aftermath. Drifblim managed to take Dusknoir down with it.
  Now here I was, back at square one.  Now I'm in more trouble than before. In every match as a gym leader, he sends out the same Pokemon first, Drifblim. Now that it's gone, and we've both got to make a choice, I don't know which of his Pokemon are coming. I'll make the safest choice I can, the Pokemon with no weakness.
  Almost simultaneously we toss out our next Pokemon. 
  On my side stands the short, shaky, all around creepy Pokemon, Sableye. 
  On his side is probably the most well known ghost-type around, Gengar.
  Seeing a Gengar on his side truly worries me though. You'd think now that I can see what Pokemon he has sent out, I'd feel more secure with what could happen next, but no. The thing about Gengar is that it is one of the most versatile Pokemon to exist, so I have no idea what to expect.
  "Gengar, use Shadow Punch."
  Great. A Physical hitting Gengar.
Sableye takes the hit from Shadow Punch but easily Recovers off the damage. The Gengar quickly comes forward with a second Shadow Punch, and Sableye uses this oppurtunity to hit it with Knock Off. The item knocked off was a Lum Berry. This opens me up to two options. I can either switch out, or I can hope to get lucky.
  I'm going for it. 
  "Sableye, Swagger!" 
  Gengar did not look happy. It was angry, and confused. Just how I wanted it. The next Shadow Punch from Gengar lands succesfully. Sableye is barely standing, probably at about 25% from both the Shadow Punch earlier and then this boosted one. Thankfully the little Prankster I know and love can get in another Recover before Gengar comes back for another hit. 
  And that plan worked as well as I could have ever hoped. Sableye gets to recover, and then Gengar hurt itself in confusion, getting me my Second KO.  
  Morty sends in his next Pokemon. Sableye. 
  His Sableye is faster than mine, and it always has been. I thought having Prankster might help me, so I tell my Sableye to use Swagger. Before it could, it was already confused from the opposing Sableye's Swagger. Why would I ever think this guy wouldn't have a Prankster Sableye. No one would run Keen Eye, it's useless.  
  My Sableye hit itself in confusion, and it didn't do all too much damage. About 20% I'd say. I guess I might as well just try again. With his Sableye going first, I knew it'd be another status move. It was bad, he used Toxic. 
  Just my luck, my Sableye hits himself again. Between hurting himself and being Toxic'd it's not looking good. I'd better use Recover this turn, it's the safest move. Even if I hit myself again, Sableye will still be up for another turn to try once more. Or so I thought. His Sableye used Swagger again. My Sableye was now at about triple his normal attack, and still confused. '
  A higher being must be showing mercy on me in this moment, because Sableye succeeded in using Recover. Being back in the green gave me all the confidence I needed to stay in and hope for the best. I'm going for a Knock Off. 
  It seems though that he was also just winging it and hoping for the best, because he hit me with another Swagger. He must be feeling really lucky right now, because there's no way he's going to live if I manage to hit. The next thing I know I see my Sableye snap out of confusion. Yes. It's happening.
  My Sableye punishes his with this huge, max attack Knock Off. You might be wondering "Gee I wonder what item you're going to knock off of this poor sucker of a Sableye that just got blasted back into the afterlife." The answer being Focus Sash. 
  I knocked off his Focus Sash. So you know what that means? He was holding a Focus Sash. His Sableye is still standing. My Sableye takes more damage from Toxic. 
  Okay, this is fine. Even if I lose Sableye, I've got two more Pokemon, he has just one more. He'd need some good luck just to beat Sableye here with another Swagger anyway. 
  I don't know why in the world I expected a Swagger. His Sableye launches a strong Shadow Ball at me. Nearly KOing, but my Sableye manages to hang on and KO with the Knock Off, only to fall shortly after to the Toxic.
  I'm in a good spot. I've got two Pokemon left and he has just one. What could go wrong?
  Each of us send in our next Pokemon. I've got Banette, and he throws out the staple of his team, his famous Mismagius. Easy enough. He'll think he's faster, and that he'll One Hit KO. So I'll just hit him with a strong Sucker Punch for the win.
  Sucker Punch failed. Why? What is he doing? He must have a plan.. some sort of scheme.. a.. "Mismagius use Nasty Plot!" 
  A Nasty Plot. Oh god. This Mismagius is about to hit like a ton of bricks. But it's okay. I can still just Sucker Punch. Aaand it failed. 
   His Mismagius uses Torment. Banette can't Sucker Punch again. He outplayed me so easily there. I feel ashamed. Welp. No other choice. Mostly because Banette has a Choice Band, time to Struggle. Before Banette gets a chance to even try to move, Mismagius sends it to oblivion with Shadow Ball.
  Here it is. My secret weapon. "Go, Weavile!" I know, I know, Weavile isn't even a ghost type. Well despite that it's still my favorite Pokemon, so I can excuse it's attatchment to the world of the living I guess. 
  This is just the finish I could have ever asked for. It was over. I win. He can't survive this next hit. "Go Weavile, finish it with Night Slash!" Easily KOs. Or it should have. But I swear there's a Focus Sash vendor somewhere out there who is out to get me. 
  Mismagius launches another Shadow Ball. This still can't KO me right? A critical hit. Oh god why. A tear rolls down my cheek,  but Weavile is still standing. With one more Night Slash it's all over.
"I don't think our potentials are so different. But you seem to have something more than that... So be it. This Badge is yours."[/spoiler]

A little sad that the contest was limited to 1500 words. I had to cut out a lot of detail, and trim the 6v6 battle down to 4v4. I'm still happy with the result I suppose, but I was having fun. I actually really liked this prompt, given that I obviously have one particular favorite gym leader. Kinda got a little too into it though, I have like 7 tabs open just from looking things up about the gym, the leader, and even running calcs to keep it "realistic" which was probably unnecessary, but more fun for me.
Edited by Rigamorty

Well here we are.
IGN Rigamorty

My story. 1475 words.
[spoiler]I step into the Ecruteak Gym cautiously, and I would say everyone should. With the lack of a floor in most places it's dangerous. Despite the multiple visits, I still get a terrible chill upon entering. My first time in here Medium Edith almost killed me. She startled me while I was nearing a corner on the invisible path. Today though was the third time I'd traveled this path, and I could probably do it with my eyes closed.
"Good of you to have come." There it is. That cool, calm, yet ominous voice. I squint my eyes to try and see in front of me, when the lights on each side of him finally flick on. There he stands. So young, so proud. "We will have a four on four Pokemon battle. If you win, you get to leave with the Fog Badge. If you lose, I'm sure I'll see you again." He taunts me.
It's time, I wish I could muster up the courage to even say something to him, but I can't. I'll let them do the talking for me.
The Drifblim who managed to take out three of my Pokemon my first time around, and two the second.
Drifblim quickly fires off a shadow ball, already bringing Dusknoir to the edge of fainting, but at least he survived, and now it's our turn.
Dusknoir approaches the Drifblim delivering a strong Shadow Punch, dealing just over 60% of Drifblim's HP in damage.
Just as Drifblim is preparing to end Dusknoir with a second Shadow Ball I command "Go, hit it with Shadow Sneak!"
The move just barely manages to KO. This was it. The first time I had ever taken the lead on him. Or so I thought.
As the Shadow Sneak connected it happened. Drifblim suddenly popped. It was Aftermath. Drifblim managed to take Dusknoir down with it.
Now here I was, back at square one. Now I'm in more trouble than before. In every match as a gym leader, he sends out the same Pokemon first, Drifblim. Now that it's gone, and we've both got to make a choice, I don't know which of his Pokemon are coming. I'll make the safest choice I can, the Pokemon with no weakness.
Seeing a Gengar on his side truly worries me though. You'd think now that I can see what Pokemon he has sent out, I'd feel more secure with what could happen next, but no. The thing about Gengar is that it is one of the most versatile Pokemon to exist, so I have no idea what to expect.
Sableye takes the hit from Shadow Punch but easily Recovers off the damage. The Gengar quickly comes forward with a second Shadow Punch, and Sableye uses this oppurtunity to hit it with Knock Off. The item knocked off was a Lum Berry. This opens me up to two options. I can either switch out, or I can hope to get lucky.
I'm going for it.
"Sableye, Swagger!"
Gengar did not look happy. It was angry, and confused. Just how I wanted it. The next Shadow Punch from Gengar lands succesfully. Sableye is barely standing, probably at about 25% from both the Shadow Punch earlier and then this boosted one. Thankfully the little Prankster I know and love can get in another Recover before Gengar comes back for another hit.
And that plan worked as well as I could have ever hoped. Sableye gets to recover, and then Gengar hurt itself in confusion, getting me my Second KO.
Morty sends in his next Pokemon. Sableye. Remember how I said the mirror match thing I tried the first time didn't work out for me. Well you think I would've learned my lesson and recalled my Sableye right then and there. Nope. The excitement of this battle has got me not thinking clearly. It's a problem I have all too often. I just make moves without thinking them all the way through.
His Sableye is faster than mine, and it always has been. I thought having Prankster might help me, so I tell my Sableye to use Swagger. Before it could, it was already confused from the opposing Sableye's Swagger. Why would I ever think this guy wouldn't have a Prankster Sableye. No one would run Keen Eye, it's useless. But like I said, hasty decisions.
My Sableye hit itself in confusion, and it didn't do all too much damage. About 20% I'd say. I guess I might as well just try again. With his Sableye going first, I knew it'd be another status move. It was bad, he used Toxic.
Just my luck, my Sableye hits himself again. Between hurting himself and being Toxic'd it's not looking good. I'd better use Recover this turn, it's the safest move. Even if I hit myself again, Sableye will still be up for another turn to try once more. Or so I thought. His Sableye used Swagger again. My Sableye was now at about triple his normal attack, and still confused. '
A higher being must be showing mercy on me in this moment, because Sableye succeeded in using Recover. Being back in the green gave me all the confidence I needed to stay in and hope for the best. I'm going for a Knock Off.
It seems though that he was also just winging it and hoping for the best, because he hit me with another Swagger. He must be feeling really lucky right now, because there's no way he's going to live if I manage to hit. The next thing I know I see my Sableye snap out of confusion. Yes. It's happening.
My Sableye punishes his with this huge, max attack Knock Off. You might be wondering "Gee I wonder what item you're going to knock off of this poor sucker of a Sableye that just got blasted back into the afterlife." The answer being Focus Sash.
I knocked off his Focus Sash. So you know what that means? He was holding a Focus Sash. His Sableye is still standing. My Sableye takes more damage from Toxic.
Okay, this is fine. Even if I lose Sableye, I've got two more Pokemon, he has just one more. He'd need some good luck just to beat Sableye here with another Swagger anyway.
I don't know why in the world I expected a Swagger. His Sableye launches a strong Shadow Ball at me. Nearly KOing, but my Sableye manages to hang on and KO with the Knock Off, only to fall shortly after to the Toxic.
I'm in a good spot. I've got two Pokemon left and he has just one. What could go wrong?
Each of us send in our next Pokemon. I've got Banette, and he throws out the staple of his team, his famous Mismagius. Easy enough. He'll think he's faster, and that he'll One Hit KO. So I'll just hit him with a strong Sucker Punch for the win.
Sucker Punch failed. Why? What is he doing? He must have a plan.. some sort of scheme.. a.. "Mismagius use Nasty Plot!"
A Nasty Plot. Oh god. This Mismagius is about to hit like a ton of bricks. But it's okay. I can still just Sucker Punch. Aaand it failed.
His Mismagius is now hiding behind a substitute. He outplayed me so easily there. I feel ashamed. Welp. No other choice. Mostly because Banette has a Choice Band, but yeah, Sucker Punch again. It breaks the substitute. That simply means a bad thing is about to happen. Banette gets hit by a devastating Shadow Ball.
Here it is. My secret weapon. "Go, Weavile!" I know, I know, Weavile isn't even a ghost type. Well despite that it's still my favorite Pokemon, so I can excuse it's attatchment to the world of the living I guess.
This is just the finish I could have ever asked for. It was over. I win. He can't survive this next hit. "Go Weavile, finish it with Night Slash!" Easily KOs. Or it should have. But I swear there's a Focus Sash vendor somewhere out there who is out to get me.
Misdreavus launches another Shadow Ball. This still can't KO me right? A critical hit. Oh god why. A tear rolls down my cheek, but Weavile is still standing. With one more Night Slash it's all over.
"I don't think our potentials are so different. But you seem to have something more than that... So be it. This Badge is yours."[/spoiler]

A little sad that the contest was limited to 1500 words. I had to cut out a lot of detail, and trim the 6v6 battle down to 4v4. I'm still happy with the result I suppose, but I was having fun. I actually really liked this prompt, given that I obviously have one particular favorite gym leader. Kinda got a little too into it though, I have like 7 tabs open just from looking things up about the gym, the leader, and even running calcs to keep it "realistic" which was probably unnecessary, but more fun for me.

Wait...wouldn't using sub have broken mismag's sash?

Well here we are. 

IGN Rigamorty

My story. 1475 words.

Now here I was, back at square one.  Now I'm in more trouble than before. In every match as a gym leader, he sends out the same Pokemon first, Drifblim. Now that it's gone, and we've both got to make a choice, I don't know which of his Pokemon are coming. I'll make the safest choice I can, the Pokemon with no weakness.
  I'm going for it. 
  "Sableye, Swagger!" 
  Morty sends in his next Pokemon. Sableye. Remember how I said the mirror match thing I tried the first time didn't work out for me. Well you think I would've learned my lesson and recalled my Sableye right then and there. Nope. The excitement of this battle has got me not thinking clearly. It's a problem I have all too often. I just make moves without thinking them all the way through. 
  His Sableye is faster than mine, and it always has been. I thought having Prankster might help me, so I tell my Sableye to use Swagger. Before it could, it was already confused from the opposing Sableye's Swagger. Why would I ever think this guy wouldn't have a Prankster Sableye. No one would run Keen Eye, it's useless. But like I said, hasty decisions. 
   His Mismagius is now hiding behind a substitute. He outplayed me so easily there. I feel ashamed. Welp. No other choice. Mostly because Banette has a Choice Band, but yeah, Sucker Punch again. It breaks the substitute. That simply means a bad thing is about to happen. Banette gets hit by a devastating Shadow Ball.
  Misdreavus launches another Shadow Ball. This still can't KO me right? A critical hit. Oh god why. A tear rolls down my cheek,  but Weavile is still standing. With one more Night Slash it's all over.

Misdreavus/Mismagius confusion over here, too. Not to be rude. 

"  Misdreavus launches another Shadow Ball. This still can't KO me right? A critical hit. Oh god why."

Misdreavus/Mismagius confusion over here, too. Not to be rude. 

"  Misdreavus launches another Shadow Ball. This still can't KO me right? A critical hit. Oh god why."

You have no idea, I typed misdreavus in like 5 places, and kept going back to fix it ;_;

Wait...wouldn't using sub have broken mismag's sash?

fuck

Maybe it's holding a focus band... and devolved during the fight

see kizhaz gets it.

welp, thanks for feedback guys, at least I can edit it within the month.

EDIT: there, now Morty runs a Torment Mismagius to avoid the sucker punch. It was either that or Imprison + Sucker Punch.

Edited by Rigamorty

Pardon the double post. Someone delete or merge it, and the like.

I guess it's my turn to debut. 

1500 words.

[spoiler] Here we were. At the Shalour gym, where I would encounter the Fighting Gym Leader, Korrina. The blond female and her Lucario stood before me in the admittedly empty battlefield, with only the two of us, and a onlooking referee. Gallade stood close by me -- his scarlet, collected eyes that told me he would do his best, firmly holding our bonding item -- the Mega Stone -- tied to it's fist. 

"The rules are simple." Korrina anounced enthusiatiscally. "We will use our Mega Pokemon in a one-on-one battle. Whoever defeats the other will win, and if you emerge victorious, you shall be worthy of this badge."

"Be things as they may." I said. "I won't hold back."

"I like your spirit." Lucario stepped forward into the battlefield.

"Beyond the limit! Mega Evolution!" We announced together, activating the accessory we were wearing. 

The Mega Stones responded to our respective Mega Rings as we witnessed the evolution occur. In a magnificent display of blinding, purple light, the two Fighting-type Pokemon had evolved. Most of Gallade's green body had turned into a magnificent, clear white, and Gallade now had a cape on it's back, giving it a rather knightly appearance. The edges of its blade-like elbows had scarlet plates adorning them. And Lucario had changed vastly as well, with the cream fur thinking and it too, having new red patterns on some parts of it's body, such as the tips of it's appendages and near the eyes, and additional spikes on it's arms as well. 

Both Pokemon stared into each other's eyes confidently and carefully, veins quivering with fighting instinct and adrenaline, knowing that their opponent before them was a strong one. There was endless silence and bare movement, and both trainers knew that psychological tactics were being brought to the table. Both Pokemon were expertised in predicting the movements of others, and the trainers thusly they knew that a careless mistake would cost them the match, watching each other with acknowledgement. 

"So, let's begin!" Korrina exclaimed."Lucario, Power-Up-Punch!"

The Aura Pokemon's fists ignited with a surge of furious, orange aura as Lucario rushed towards its target at an incredible speed. Gallade readied itself, forearms crossed, poised for attack. 

"Drain Punch!" 

Gallade responded with a power-surged punch of draining energy of his own. The two pairs of fists intercepted. 

"Aura Sphere!"

"Psycho Cut!"

A forceful sphere of aura energy blasted from Lucario's arms as a crescent, curved cut-like projectile of psychic energy  exuded from Gallade's -- they met in an explosion in mid-air, creating vague puffs of dust that blinded all in the battlefield. The smoke cleared to reveal both Pokemon unscathed. 

"Again!" Korrina commanded, lunging her first forward, as if punching something."Aura Sphere!"

"Knock it back with Psycho Cut!"

As Lucario launched the blue sphere of aura toward its target, Gallade calmly caught it in a spinning motion with it's arms empowered with psychic energy, before reversing the attack back at Lucario. 

Korrina was surprised at the move, but she quickly recovered and commanded, "Bone Rush! Block the attack, and proceed on!"

"Psycho Cut, en melee!"

Lucario formed thrust-like weapons that were shaped like bones in its paws. After easily blocking the returned Aura Sphere attack, it lunged a pair of bones at Lucario as projectiles, before forming more to face Gallade in close combat. Gallade dodged the first two before meeting it's opponent with it's twin swords, the keen edges of their blades empowered with pink psychic energy. The infight was intense between two skilled melee fighters, bone and blade clashing between one another endlessly and in swift, powerful motions.

The fight ended equally, although I knew that with Lucario's previous Power-Up-Punch, it had the advantage in power, and with Adapability even more so. I could sense the intensity in Lucario's raging fists as they lashed upon Gallade, the power they yielded, and the aura they released -- Korrina's Mega Lucario was exceedingly powerful. 

The two Pokemon stopped clashing momentarily, withdrawing their weapons. 

"Equal footing." Korrina said. "Then let's see you handle this! Lucario, ExtremeSpeed!"

"Gallade, ready yourself. Teleport!"

Lucario dashed behind Gallade at an unseen speed as if it had teleported. Gallade however anticipated the attack and intercepted the speedy Pokemon with a Psycho Cut attack, disappearing initially and reappearing in front of Lucario's new location with accurate precision. 

"What?" The gym leader was taken aback by how Gallade easily blocked Lucario's backstab attempt. 

"Gallade's not that easy to get past."

"Intercepting Lucario's fastest attack.....I'm impressed with that Mega Gallade. I can't say anyone has ever intercepted Lucario's attacks fully, nor ever go on par with it's power or speed. It's its Inner Focus, is it? Such wonderful courage. I like an opponent like that." 

"Gallade has powerful precision." Gallade's Inner Focus indeed helped, as it meant that Gallade wouldn't be flinched or give hindered responses to powerful attacks. As I replied, I contemplated on her strategy. By itself, it's pretty straightforward, but very rewarding. With each consecutive use of Power-Up-Punch, Lucario's attacks become more difficult to intercept due to their increasing intensity. As well as the passive intensity of Lucario's aura building up......a lengthy battle with it would prove troublesome. I needed to find an opportunity, preferably one where Gallade could take it out with a single move.....

"Lucario, combine ExtremeSpeed with Power-Up-Punch! Knock it upward!"

"Intercept it! Teleport, then Psycho Cut!"

I had expected Lucario to aim for Gallade, and Gallade had responded to Lucario's swift charge accurately. However, Lucario had feinted the approach, and instead punched the ground. The force of it was strong enough to knock Gallade up into the air in a powerful, aura-powered tremor.The attack caught me off guard, and Gallade was now vulnerable in mid-air. 

"Another time! Power-Up-Punch!"

"Block with Psycho Cut!"

Lucario's punches headed downward and for the head, as Gallade blocked them. Gallade had attempted and early interception so as to reduce the pressure of the fall. Both Pokemon dropped to the ground in a powerful thud in a puff of suffocating smoke. The battle was still far from over, and both Pokemon still stood,  still capable of fighting. However, Lucario was only going to get stronger and stronger. Korrina had commanded four uses of Power-Up-Punch, and Gallade was gradually succumbing to the increasing intensity of Lucario's attacks. 

"Good technique." Korrina remarked. "Blocking Power-Up-Punch before it reached its full speed to reduce the impact. Smart, but it looks like those punches took their toll. If you're going to drive me this far, you'll see me at my full power."

"No need for tedious talk. Come!"

"Let's settle this! Bone Rush, then Power-Up-Punch!"

Lucario launched a barrage of the bone-like projectiles towards the Blade Pokemon, before leaping into the air with a pair of raging fists urging to decimate its opponent. Again a simple yet potent technique to distract with a wide-range attack before corresponding with a hard-hitting one -- yet within a seemingly bad dilemma I was in, I knew what to do. Gallade watched me, and I knew this would be the time to test our little trump card. I would fight fire with fire. 

"Dodge and use Psycho Cut!"

After dodging the array of Bone Rush attacks, Gallade hurled the strongest crescent blade he could muster towards Lucario. It ended up missing it's target, but I didn't flinch -- it was part of my plan....

"Now, intercept with Teleport and Psycho Cut, full power!"

"Are you certain you can take this head on?" Korrina asked. "Lucario's boosted itself a lot!"

Both Pokemon lunged each other while emptying their vocal chords with relentless battle cries. It was a foolish idea to take on Lucario directly after it had used so many Power-Up-Punches. However, I knew I would still win the trade. Korrina hadn't noticed the former Psycho Cut return back to Lucario from behind as if it were a boomerang. Combined with the intensity of Teleport and Psycho Cut, Gallade was easily able to overpower Lucario with attacks from both sides as they collided simultaneously. 

"No way!"

"This ends. Drain Punch!" 

And Gallade dealt the finishing blow -- Gallade's right first surged emerald with draining energy, landing a direct hit on Lucario, that took super effective damage due to it's Steel typing. There was a mild puff of smoke, and the Mega Evolved Lucario reverted back to it's original form after being defeated. It  stood lethargic and unable to battle on the ground, slightly bruised and injured.

"Lucario is unable to battle. Gallade wins!"

Korrina seemed alright with her loss, withdrawing Lucario into her Pokeball, before approaching me with a slight smile. "What an incredible bond you have! What amazing power! With a bond such as yours, you can overcome any obstacle. I thank you for a wonderful battle."

"Here." She passed me what I came here for, the fist-shaped Rumble Badge, signifying my third gym badge win in Kalos. Gallade and I accepted our win and my badge with strong satisfaction. "You prove yourself worthy of the Rumble Badge." [/spoiler]

Edited by YagamiNoir

668 Words.[/spoiler]

Well riga rekt me so I may as well point this out. I did copy an anime called One Piece for this but it was also partly my thought. The stretchy legs was my idea because Hitmonlee has legs that look like they can extend and retract. The using the legs as a pump to increase speed and heart-rate, as well as power was from One Piece. xD

I guess I have some tough opponents, looking forward to feedback! :)

go Hitmonlee use Gear 4

Pardon the double post. Someone delete or merge it, and the like.

I guess it's my turn to debut. 

1500 words.

[spoiler] Here we were. At the Shalour gym, where I would encounter the Fighting Gym Leader, Korrina. The blond female and her Lucario stood before me in the admittedly empty battlefield, with only the two of us, and a onlooking referee. Gallade stood close by me -- his scarlet, collected eyes that told me he would do his best, firmly holding our bonding item -- the Mega Stone -- tied to it's fist. 

"The rules are simple." Korrina anounced enthusiatiscally. "We will use our Mega Pokemon in a one-on-one battle. Whoever defeats the other will win, and if you emerge victorious, you shall be worthy of this badge."

"Be things as they may." I said. "I won't hold back."

"I like your spirit." Lucario stepped forward into the battlefield.

"Beyond the limit! Mega Evolution!" We announced together, activating the accessory we were wearing. 

The Mega Stones responded had responded to our respective Mega Rings as we witnessed the evolution occur. In a magnificent display of blinding, purple light, the two Fighting-type Pokemon had evolved. Most of Gallade's green body had turned into a magnificent, clear white, and Gallade now had a cape on it's back, giving it a rather knightly appearance. The edges of its blade-like elbows had scarlet plates adorning them. And Lucario had changed vastly as well, with the cream fur thinking and it too, having new red patterns on some parts of it's body, such as the tips of it's appendages and near the eyes, and additional spikes on it's arms as well. 

Both Pokemon stared into each other's eyes confidently and carefully, veins quivering with fighting instinct and adreanaline, knowing that their opponent before them was a strong one. There was endless silence and bare movement, and both trainers knew that psychological tactics were being brought to the table. Both Pokemon were expertised in predicting the movements of others, and the trainers thusly they knew that a careless mistake would cost them the match, watching each other with acknowledgement. 

"So, let's begin!" Korrina exclaimed."Lucario, Power-Up-Punch!"

The Aura Pokemon's fists ignited with a surge of furious, orange aura as Lucario rushed towards its target at an incredible speed. Gallade readied itself, forearms crossed, poised for attack. 

"Drain Punch!" 

Gallade responded with a power-surged punch of draining energy of his own. The two pairs of fists intercepted. 

"Aura Sphere!"

"Psycho Cut!"

A forceful sphere of aura energy blasted from Lucario's arms as a crescent, curved cut-like projectile of psychic energy  exuded from Gallade's -- they met in an explosion in mid-air, creating vague puffs of dust that blinded all in the battlefield. The smoke cleared to reveal both Pokemon unscathed. 

"Again!" Korrina comanded, lunging her first forward, as if punching something."Aura Sphere!"

"Knock it back with Psycho Cut!"

As Lucario launched the blue sphere of aura toward its target, Gallade calmly catched it in a spinning motion with it's arms empowered with psychic energy, before reversing the attack back at Lucario. 

Korrina was surprised at the move, but she quickly recovered and commanded, "Bone Rush! Block the attack, and proceed on!"

"Psycho Cut, en melee!"

Lucario formed thrust-like weapons that were shaped like bones in its paws. After easily blocking the returned Aura Sphere attack, it lunged a pair of bones at Lucario as projectiles, before forming more to face Gallade in close combat. Gallade dodged the first two before meeting it's opponent with it's twin swords, the keen edges of their blades enpowered with pink psychic energy. The infight was intense between two skilled melee fighters, bone and blade clashing between one another endlessly and in swift, powerful motions.

The fight ended equally, although I knew that with Lucario's previous Power-Up-Punch, it had the advantage in power, and with Adapability even more so. I could sense the intensity in Lucario's raging fists as they lashed upon Gallade, the power they yielded, and the aura they released -- Korrina's Mega Lucario was exceedingly powerful. 

The two Pokemon stopped clashing momentarily, withdrawing their weapons. 

"Equal footing." Korrina said. "Then let's see you handle this! Lucario, ExtremeSpeed!"

"Gallade, ready yourself. Teleport!"

Lucario dashed behind Gallade at an unseeen speed as if it had teleported. Gallade however anticipated the attack and intercepted the speedy Pokemon with a Psycho Cut attack, disappearing initially and reapparing in front of Lucario's new location with accurate precision. 

"What?" The gym leader was taken aback by how Gallade easily blocked Lucario's backstab attempt. 

"Gallade's not that easy to get past."

"Intercepting Lucario's fastest attack.....I'm impressed with that Mega Gallade. I can't say anyone has ever intercepted Lucario's attacks fully, nor ever go on par with it's power or speed. It's its Inner Focus, is it? Such wonderful courage. I like an opponent like that." 

"Gallade has powerful precision." Gallade's Inner Focus indeed helped, as it meant that Gallade wouldn't be flinched or give slow responses to powerful attacks. As I replied, I contemplated on her strategy. By itself, it's pretty straightforward, but very rewarding. With each consecutive use of Power-Up-Punch, Lucario's attacks become more difficult to intercept due to their increasing intensity. As well as the passive intensity of Lucario's aura building up......a lengthy battle with it would prove troublesome. I needed to find an opportunity, preferably one where Gallade could take it out with a single move.....

"Lucario, combine ExtremeSpeed with Power-Up-Punch! Knock it upward!"

"Intercept it! Teleport, then Psycho Cut!"

I had expected Lucario to aim for Gallade, and Gallade had responded to Lucario's swift charge accurately. However, Lucario had feinted the approach, and instead punched the ground. The force of it was strong enough to knock Gallade up into the air in a powerful, aura-powered tremor.The attack caught me off guard, and Gallade was now vulnerable in mid-air. 

"Another time! Power-Up-Punch!"

"Block with Psycho Cut!"

Lucario's punches headed downward and for the head, as Gallade blocked them. Gallade had attempted and early interception so as to reduce the pressure of the fall. Both Pokemon dropped to the ground in a powerful thud in a puff of suffocating smoke. The battle was still far from over, and both Pokemon still stood,  still capable of fighting. However, Lucario was only going to get stronger and stronger. Korrina had commanded four uses of Power-Up-Punch, and Gallade was gradually succumbing to the increasing intensity of Lucario's attacks. 

"Good technique." Korrina remarked. "Blocking Power-Up-Punch before it reached its full speed to reduce the impact. Smart, but it looks like those punches took their toll. If you're going to drive me this far, you'll see me at my full power."

"No need for tedious talk. Come!"

"Let's settle this! Bone Rush, then Power-Up-Punch!"

Lucario launched a barrage of the bone-like projectiles towards the Blade Pokemon, before leaping into the air with a pair of raging fists urging to decimate its opponent. Again a simple yet potent techinque to distract with a wide-range attack before corresponding with a hard-hitting one -- yet within a seemingly bad dilemma I was in, I knew what to do. Gallade watched me, and I knew this would be the time to test our little trump card. I would fight fire with fire. 

"Dodge and use Psycho Cut!"

After dodging the array of Bone Rush attacks, Gallade hurled the strongest crescent blade he could muster towards Lucario. It ended up missing it's target, but I didn't flinch -- it was part of my plan....

"Now, intercept with Teleport and Psycho Cut, full power!"

"Are you certain you can take this head on?" Korrina asked. "Lucario's boosted itself a lot!"

Both Pokemon lunged each other while emptying their vocal chords with relentless battle cries. It was a foolish idea to take on Lucario directly after it had used so many Power-Up-Punches. However, I knew I would still win the trade. Korrina hadn't noticed the former Psycho Cut return back to Lucario from behind as if it were a boomerang. Combined with the intensity of Teleport and Psycho Cut, Gallade was easily able to overpower Lucario with attacks from both sides as they collided simultaneously. 

"No way!"

"This ends. Drain Punch!" 

And Gallade dealt the finishing blow -- Gallade's right first surged emerald with draining energy, landing a direct hit on Lucario, that took super effective damage due to it's Steel typing. There was a mild puff of smoke, and the Mega Evolved Lucario reverted back to it's original form after being defeated. It  stood lethargic and unable to battle on the ground, slightly bruised and injured.

"Lucario is unable to battle. Gallade wins!"

Korrina seemed alright with her loss, withdrawing Lucario into her Pokeball, before approaching me with a slight smile. "What an incredible bond you have! What amazing power! With a bond such as yours, you can overcome any obstacle. I thank you for a wonderful battle."

"Here." She passed me what I came here for, the fist-shaped Rumble Badge, signifying my third gym badge win in Kalos. Gallade and I accepted our win and my badge with strong satisfaction. "You prove yourself worthy of the Rumble Badge." [/spoiler]

Re-read it and fix your grammar. Also, where is the logic of what you did? You used teleport to increase the force of the Psycho cut but teleportation literally means de-constructing your body and re-constructing your body in a different place. You aren't moving at all, you're teleporting so the force of a Psycho cut would actually be weaker if you were teleporting forward because you can't quite prepare. Also, in some parts you had way too formal writing. "We poured out our vocal cords with battle cries!"

The story isn't 10/10, but I gotta admit I have a tough challenge. :)

Re-read it and fix your grammar. Also, where is the logic of what you did? You used teleport to increase the force of the Psycho cut but teleportation literally means de-constructing your body and re-constructing your body in a different place. You aren't moving at all, you're teleporting so the force of a Psycho cut would actually be weaker if you were teleporting forward because you can't quite prepare. Also, in some parts you had way too formal writing. "We poured out our vocal cords with battle cries!"

The story isn't 10/10, but I gotta admit I have a tough challenge. :)

..No idea what you were thinking when you wrote this critique, but that's just me. I'll firstly say you obviously didn't read it correctly though.

Firstly, Teleportation has nothing to do with deconstruction. At all. Teleportation is an instantaneous form of transport either through telekinesis (which is likely what is being used here). It means as well to disappear and reappear instantaneously through whatever special mean, but you don't have to deconstruct your body to do so.  That would be time consuming by itself. If you've seen the anime, the XY Champion, Diantha, has a Gardevoir that can blink and teleport even without the move itself. That's how Pokemon logic works anime-wise. There isn't really that harsh of a limit to what Pokemon can do. If you want to play the logic game, an accurate response/interception to an ExtremeSpeed with Psycho Cut/Teleport would obviously involve a lot of force, which is also influenced by the speed and accuracy of the two Pokemon. 

Gallade teleported backward. Lucario was behind Gallade, so why would it need to Teleport forward? If you were referring to the other one, if you appear suddenly and the opponent wouldn't have much time to react, you would hit with as much accuracy/power as possible since your opponent wouldn't have the ability to respond as quickly, although throughout all this Gallade just wanted to intercept Lucario instead of flinch it, if anything. 

Read carefully, dude, nothing's wrong with two Pokemon pouring their battle cries especially in the big heat of a battle, unless you'd rather I say they "shouted" or whatever at the peak of their tone, which would sound more bland if anything.  Your statement of "We" sounded more as if the trainers were doing it, which is again, false. Even then, nothing's wrong with formality either, and if anything that's how most of my work is done anyway.

Found a few spelling errors actually, thanks for the note. It's more of the punctuation than anything, unless you prove me wrong. See below. 

EDIT: If I am to be again blunt on something, this is coming from the writer who can't even write in standard punctuation in which the moves of Pokemon should be capitalized, which affects how professionally you portray your work. My apologies for speaking in such a way. 

Edited by YagamiNoir

I don't really think it's appropriate to be critiquing anyone's entry on this thread. I may be to blame for this - I should have just PM'd riga with the tiny inconsistency in his story so he could fix it. Let's leave the judging to the judges

Ah, thought it was fine since you did. Sorry.

I don't really think it's appropriate to be critiquing anyone's entry on this thread. I may be to blame for this - I should have just PM'd riga with the tiny inconsistency in his story so he could fix it. Let's leave the judging to the judges

While that's true,  thinking of it in a more generous perspective pointing stuff out also gives us the awareness of fixing our mistakes instead of leaving them like that. But I suppose PM would be more appropriate.