[Storyline Guide] Hoenn complete walkthrough & Hidden item Guide

RysPicz

I'll surely add that to ghe guide, this shortens the guide as hell! Man I really, really owe you :)

haha no problem. Is it clear though? Seems like it's only understandable if you already know Hoenn.

So did u run an alt using this already? I would like to see that to compare timing with the last run you posted

Yeah I made it all the way to gym 7 today. So far i'm faster by about two hours. I'll post the results of the run tomorrow. I'm out for today! The route certainly does help, but I think the major time savings are due to me not fucking around so much.

haha no problem. Is it clear though? Seems like it's only understandable if you already know Hoenn.

For me it's clear and that's all that matters since it's me who is going to put it into guide with words that will be easy to understand for everyone (I hope) :p

Alright since you brought up claydol in the Kanto guide, what`s the best combination of HM/TM slaves? Dragonite can do all kinds, Claydol can have quite a few also

HM01 - Cut

HM02 - Fly

HM03 - Surf

HM04 - Strength

HM05 - Flash

HM06 - Rocksmash

HM07 - Waterfall

HM08 - Dive

Teleport

TM28 - Dig

Claydol (Flash, Rock Smash, teleport, dig/Strength)

Dragonite (

Marill?

Tropius?

Paras?

I thought of Claydol + Lanturn + Zard

Claydol -> Teleport, Rock Smash, Strength, Flash

Lanturn -> Surf (unless you carry a Starmie as your late-story sweeper), Dive, Waterfall and any electric attack to help you out in dire situations where sweeper does not make it

Charizard -> Fly, Cut, Dig and last move see above

I think many different combinations could work but I'd prefer to carry these 3 in case of a bad crit or something like that :P

Edited by RysPicz
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't teach my Pokes Kanto HMs as I don't have them in my bag, has it been changed?

Waterfall is an exception for unknown reasons for me. Just realized it might be a bug, better report it before I will get my accounts banned again for bug abuse. I'll post a screenie after I will finish this Kanto alt (both here and in bug report)

590dff57920e1a74fc69e6e62286632d.png

Edited by RysPicz

I am genius and dumb at the same time.

While in Slateport, you can go back to Kanto if you have finished the storyline. Power-level your Hoenn starter, teach it some HM moves (Waterfall bug is gonna be fixed next update but it won't matter lol) and solve your problems with storyline once and for all.

Gonna add it to the guide. Forf you bastard.

Edited by RysPicz
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't see that you've put it here, and it's a useless item anyway, but needed to post something.

There's an Defend X right before Rustboro, behind the whole long fence, you get on the other side of the fence right at the end of route 104, upper right corner.

Gonna pic when I can, too lazy, but yeah, you can find it yourself too, it's right at the end of that fence.

I am genius and dumb at the same time.

While in Slateport, you can go back to Kanto if you have finished the storyline. Power-level your Hoenn starter, teach it some HM moves (Waterfall bug is gonna be fixed next update but it won't matter lol) and solve your problems with storyline once and for all.

Gonna add it to the guide. Forf you bastard.

Forf is a smart man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Reffering to here

Spoils section requires an update. Unfortunately due to very tiny amount of time I can sacrifice each day, I won't be able to make it anytime soon, unless I will find a soul brave and noble enough to calculate the spoils using the current price trends.

Anyways, spoils got MUCH bigger with 90% of the stuff acquired in the game being sell-able through GTL, lots of TMs gaining value as well and many rising prices (such as pp ups for 20k and pp max for 60). That goes for both region alts.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just want you to know this guide has been a wonderful thing, even for someone like me who has played through Emerald about a dozen or so times. Really great knowing when its most convenient to get what and knowing which NPCs are broke ass niggas.

Here's my take on the spoils.

Some things have changed since you wrote it, but not much of consequence. The most notable differences are 1.) The prices of the EV items (Carbos, HP up, etc.) and 2.) The silk scarf has been removed from dewford. If its in a new location, I don't know where it is. (However due to players only needing 1 for sub, softboiled, etc. it wouldn't surprise me if there's only the one in Kanto now.)

Anyway, I did the math.

Silk Scarf is listed at 40k. EV items are listed at 3k each but can now easily sell for 7k each. (4k increase each, six different items, five of each. 4k*6*5=120k increase.)

So imo just increase the spoils by 80k and you're golden. Some of the TMs are different but they vary all the time and probably average out for the most part. (New range should be 2,120,000 - 2,180,000)

Edited by Phryme

Here's my take on the spoils.

Some things have changed since you wrote it, but not much of consequence. The most notable differences are 1.) The prices of the EV items (Carbos, HP up, etc.) and 2.) The silk scarf has been removed from dewford. If its in a new location, I don't know where it is. (However due to players only needing 1 for sub, softboiled, etc. it wouldn't surprise me if there's only the one in Kanto now.)

Anyway, I did the math.

Silk Scarf is listed at 40k. EV items are listed at 3k each but can now easily sell for 7k each. (4k increase each, six different items, five of each. 4k*6*5=120k increase.)

So imo just increase the spoils by 80k and you're golden. Some of the TMs are different but they vary all the time and probably average out for the most part. (New range should be 2,120,000 - 2,180,000)

Thanks :) Prices should be solid by now, I will update the spoils for both guides soon (tm).

Thanks :) Prices should be solid by now, I will update the spoils for both guides soon (tm).

Anytime.

One more thing I forgot about: When you first enter slateport you say to go to a building to the right of the pokecenter and talk to a girl. The only things to the right are the museum, the harbor and the ocean. I don't think it was anything of consequence really but it annoyed me for like 10 mins until I gave up lmao  Nevermind its the soothe bell. Definitely worth getting. Still don't know which building it is.

EDIT: Its in the pokemon fan club. I'm an idiot. But on the bright side I just made like 200k off soothe bells I never collected.

Edited by Phryme

Hey, I just want to let u know dewford town no longer have silk scarf and TM36 sludge bomb. I have been walk through here yesterday during alt run. I just get TM08!

Silk scarf we've already gone over. Sludge bomb still exists, I got it.

Edited by Phryme