Double Battles Viability Thread

maybe im wrong but I havnt seen a heracross used in a while I think tht it is great in ou but in doubles it takes too many hits to be effective especially if the opposing team members both go after it.

also lack of priority and overall speed do not do it ay favors. and neither of its abilities help it to take duel intimidates either. for the best results u need CB or to set up. set up requires time that Hera tends not to have while CB limits what it can do

I would conider it B/B- really at best

Ide like to hear thoughts on this

Haazuu used Hera and wouldve won that tournament with it if megahorn didn't miss and then if he didn't get flinched by waterfall twice right after.

He used Hera for the semis and finals from what I watched.

Hera resists EQ which is awesome and has some great bulk. Even though it lacks stab spread moves, it can still rock slide and eq. Namely, it can spam megahorn as usual. I like it as a B+.

ahh I missed the end of that tounry (haazuu knocked me out criting through screen to set up the win in first round. #my bracket luck). that being said other points still stand with intimidate and some speed issues without priority

guts is good in doules tho so maybe B rank bt I think u and I agree not A rank

idk if we have doubles usage (not for teiring but it would in interesting to see)

sigh not page rip off by one post

Edited by Artemiseta

lub you noad

EDIT: Anyway we can get the Usage from Double Trouble Weekend on May 24th and also the doubles usage from the April Team Tournament?

I was sick with the flu for the Double Trouble and wasn't able to take usage that day. I'm not sure if I have April's but I will look in my folder tomorrow morning. Sorry~

I was sick with the flu for the Double Trouble and wasn't able to take usage that day. I'm not sure if I have April's but I will look in my folder tomorrow morning. Sorry~

No need to apologize, but thank you!

Updated: The list was refined to include only pokemon that have had actual usage in the doubles metagame. We have usage from two events thus far, including PokeMMO Doubles on April 17th and today's Team Tournament. There have been two other events since the birth of this thread, but unfortunately that information isn't available to us. We will be looking forward to refining this list further with the addition of usage from the PSL.

Now for some points: 

>40% kanga usage

are people high?

Still the fastest Fake-Out user in the game (Speed-tied with 25k BP Fake-Out Pikachu). That Fake-Out is one hell of an asset in Doubles. 

So JJ what does Tenta do

Best anti-rain poke in the game that outspeeds many commonly used pokes. It can also put a hurt on a lot with its amazing coverage. 

Suggestion: I think it's time we enact a doubles tier council. 

The OU council oversees Doubles, it just so happens there hasn't been any need for any sort of action. Doubles is just that kind of format; Bans just don't really happen.

The OU council oversees Doubles, it just so happens there hasn't been any need for any sort of action. Doubles is just that kind of format; Bans just don't really happen.

Shhhhh... I just want my post pinned. But ya totally agree, doubles is actually remarkably balanced. 

Updated: The list was refined to include only pokemon that have had actual usage in the doubles metagame. We have usage from two events thus far, including PokeMMO Doubles on April 17th and today's Team Tournament. There have been two other events since the birth of this thread, but unfortunately that information isn't available to us. We will be looking forward to refining this list further with the addition of usage from the PSL.

Now for some points:

Still the fastest Fake-Out user in the game (Speed-tied with 25k BP Fake-Out Pikachu). That Fake-Out is one hell of an asset in Doubles.

Best anti-rain poke in the game that outspeeds many commonly used pokes. It can also put a hurt on a lot with its amazing coverage.

Raichu has a faster Fake Out as well as Lightningrod and utility moves like screens and Encore. Sneasel os the fastest Fake Out user but doesn't provide much else. Still I can see Sneasel in D rank for that feat. Edited by ThinkNice

Raichu has only Static ability here in MMO

Yea LR isn't in this gen. Was actaully having this convo with JJ the other day. Without LR, it can fake out fast, encore, screen and that's about it aside from wish support which I wouldn't run. Raichu is outclassed by Manectric as an electric. Sweeper, probably a C or D.

Ya, and how I want to approach this is by adding pokemon to the list that have had actual usage in Doubles, until then they are technically "non-viable" outside of theory. So ThinkNice, gib me your doubles usage!

Ya, and how I want to approach this is by adding pokemon to the list that have had actual usage in Doubles, until then they are technically "non-viable" outside of theory. So ThinkNice, gib me your doubles usage!

Good idea, I'll rob it one of these days. (Minus the Usage % because UU is huge.)

Do not derail this thread. It is disrespectful to the players who put their spare time into keeping this going.

Nobody is Noad ;-; y r u yelling mom

On another note, I disagree with Gyarados being at the S rank. First of all, in order to maximize its potential it need lightning rod support. Secondly, despite intimidate it still takes a beating from all hits. Waterfall is a weak stab, even at +1 (flinch too but shut up.) Eq would be good, but it gets bumped down due to doubles spread damage reduction thing. I realize some people like protect somewhere in there, but crunch is also an option which is pretty weak. Most pokemon which waterfall can't hit, crunch doesnt do a whole lot. I see the flying typing, the intimidating, the fair bulk, the decent movepool, the setting up potential, but I think it needs support of some kind to perform the best, whether it be lighting rods, fake outs, follow mes or screens. I see it as an A+, worst case A. Edited by DrCraig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.