UU Viability Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Discussion's here been pretty dead, let's do some work shall we

Remove Typhlosion, Zangoose and Haunter from the list please

S:

None. I don't think anything deserves S rank in our UU meta for now.

A+:

*Exeggutor deserves to go up a rank. The raw firepower of specs/ orb is just insane, Sunnybeamer can break literally every party, even the most prepared for and counters are very limited (I think only Hypno can switch on orbed Solarbeam). Only downside is the fact that Absol is actually being used in UU and if it switches on a Psychic, the Exeggutor is as good as dead.

*Hitmonlee. Without Haunter, Hitmonlee can absolutely decimate any team that does not have Slowking in it, or Slowking has been weakened. STAB banded Superpower paired with a really good speed makes Hitmonlee an absolute monster right now.

A:

*I think Donphan deserves to drop out from here. Considering the fact that now it has 2 really hard counters in the tier, both being widely used (Meganium and Exegg), it's not as viable as it was anymore.

*Same goes for Steelix. I don't remember when I faced one anymore. Probably the iron snake doesn't enjoy a huge Slowking presence and the special-oriented metagame. Max "B" imo

*Meganium. The bulk is just awesome, the most tanky and reliable Crawdaunt counter in the entire tier. Movepool is tasty as well, including a SD (!) set which can be incredibly surprising. It can carry EQ for Tenta, Aroma support is fantastic on physical wall. It's such a bastard to take down now without Haunter.

*Sneasel. Surprising? Hah, don't be. Only reliable counter for Sneasel in the entire tier is Scizor. Pulling off a CB set or SD set really isn't difficult. Armaldo might be able to tank a +2 orbed Ice Punch and Omastar can take a Low Kick. Swellow outspeeds with Jolly nature but those 3 are not counters, they're checks. It's paper and has tough time setting up, but if it's done, it can really decimate entire parties.

*Armaldo. This thing is a beast when it comes to wallbreaking, freaking awesome Rock STAB powered by 125 base atk. Kinda shallow movepool but it's good enough for UU and the only reliable counter is a Quagsire (or Claydol, kek).

*Jynx. With that speed, massive spec atk with fantastic dual STAB, Jynx, is one of the most powerful wallbreakers in the tier. stopped by literally nothing if you only can predict.

B+:

*Along with Armaldo's viability, so does rose Quagsire's. It also stops Nidoking really well.

*Nidoking. Heh, yeah, that thing is a freaking beast if you can predict. It's tough to use but rewards are huge, immunity to TWave and Toxic is also great. Movepool is gigantic, sometimes it suffers from 4MSS but it's really, really good in our meta currently. No idea how it landed in NU

*Ladies and gentlemen, Misdreavus is entering the stage. Yeah- this poke is seriously dangerous right now and it's the one of 2 viable ghost types in UU. Sub CM set is scary, oldschool perish trapper is always viable and a cleric Heal Bell set can be more than useful with it's immunities, even when considering it's bad base stats. Stops normal and fighting spam which is a huge plus.

I hope that's enough to ignite some discussion in here

Also pls bring back kanga, I miss using my Diglett

Edited by RysPicz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.