Riding a Pokemon

gead

Question

guys please take a look and share what you think about this idea :)
sprite:
GpvoRc6.png
Implementation:
IHXaTb9.png

i really want this to happened in pokeMMO, something like this would be cool as hell xD..
but not all pokemon is 'rideable'
the requirements would be :
- pokemon must be at its final evoution tier
OR
- a pokemon must have a certain size(weigh or height) to be rideable

and also, u can gain an extra speed just like a bike or maybe even faster than bike, for a certain pokemon, like Rapidash, u can clearly see that it is superfast when it comes to running, sadly jolteon isn't ridealbe because of its size.. and maybe u can ride a steelix or swampert, but with normal speed just like walking (we riding a pokemon who cares with speed?!).. and yeah in order to make ur pokemon rideable, u need to train it to some NPC and costs some money or u can just purchase an 'item' and give it to the following pokemon and *poof* u can now ride the following pokemon.

with this riding thing implemented in the game, there will be a new way of fashion!

PS: i'm so sorry for my Terrible english xD i just want to share my tought, and if this idea has been suggested earlier, just lock it right away.. THX~

13 answers to this question

this sounds kewl but it also sounds like something that would make darkshade cry. i once proposed something similar in concept and he shot it down since it's a massive amount of work for him. if this can be done i would love to see it but the feasibility with one sprite artist might not be there.

or you can tell them to add it to the gift shop and *poof* u can now ride the following pokemon.

hahaha sounds cool :D
maybe for 1000 rp, in order to make it kinda rare xD

this sounds kewl but it also sounds like something that would make darkshade cry. i once proposed something similar in concept and he shot it down since it's a massive amount of work for him. if this can be done i would love to see it but the feasibility with one sprite artist might not be there.

aww, i can help it with the spriting tho xD if they recruit me hahaha

I think you're mistaken - I started a concept for visually surfing on them awhile back.

We sadly have not had the time to get that off the ground or discuss it further.

It is a lot of work though, you're right.

I think you're mistaken - I started a concept for visually surfing on them awhile back.

We sadly have not had the time to get that off the ground or discuss it further.

It is a lot of work though, you're right.

I think its a feature that should be looked into

This would be awesome and all but what're the players gonna look like without heartgold/soulsilver installed? They're gonna look like they're twerking and flying at the same time.

With this idea, I vote that if you ride a flying type you should be able to ride over the ocean. I'm done with tentacools and don't enjoy buying repels. xD

Edited by Eggplant
Double post

Personally I'm a bit devided by this, I don't think it would make the game more 'fun' to ME, unless something like Grampa said would be implemented.
On the other hand it gives an extra possibility to 'personalise' how you look while traveling, but I don't care that much about that myself.
But as far as visuals go.. I don't mind to be sitting on a bike. Since I'm in battle most of the time I think it's more of an effort well spend improving visuals there, which should be easyer to accomplish. Alltogether tho, I'm not realy playing pokemmo because of the looks. ^^

Edited by Zerk