NEW Breeding and Trading

SparkyFox

I think i also replayed for this one and to clear things up i never yield at devs in order to go back to the previous system .. i made it clear that i want to find a better solution than the current fusion system that's all .. a one that include breeding as we know not some fusion system.

But if you want to become a breeder, and the parents don't die, you will eventually end up making no profit because of low demand.

I think we all have been breeding this way for the past year and half and yeah the prices were dropping for 3x31 and 4x but 6x31 and 5x31 wasn't dropping at all .. they stayed 800k and up to 4mil for some dual egg-group if you remember (wooper was a main example back then ) and windqueen was absolutely the queen of prices back then .. am i right ? :D  

I started to PLAY just after the "update"(couple of months back) .
Imo , after reading the old breeding system it can be summed up as:
Obtain / borrow /(or steal whatever) godly parents, carry a bunch of eggs, and move around kanto hoping it would hatch a godly one.
Now in new breeding system, as mentioned for 100th time, we already know the outcome and hence start with next breeding /EVing right away. In old system if you are a new player, it would take you 50+ eggs to make a fairly strong poke with 31 speed. In new breeding system, you can do the same by catching 30 to 70 pokemon(worst case scenario). You can hunt/vs seek while egg hatches etc so in short you get a more controlled way and saves hell of a time ( if you are new).
The ones who have actually benefited most are old breeders who have(or had) boxes full of breeders and for them, it's fairly easy to create eggs.
For "new" players it's a bit of struggle to create eggs but it indeed is doable and much more fun Imo. Which mmo doesn't have grind? Some mmo have specific levels until you can do quest/Forge weapons etc.

As already mentioned that old system cannot come back ( and if it does, the economy will go down the drain), instead of whining we should suggest the staff for improvements.

I think the breeding system is good enough, but will become better if:
1) confirmed IVs (I hope it comes in next update)
2) alternate money methods(battle Frontier seems good option)

Edit:3)Egg reciving timer. Also Egg hatching and reciving should be based on Game Time and not real time.

Tl;dr:what? It's not even that big. Read it.
And sorry for bad English and typos, written on phone.

Edited by CodeAlchemisT

Nope. He used to low ball all the time.

low ball on selling or buying ? i could think of many people or in fact all people who used to sell 5x at over 1 mil as a price which is equal or greater than the current price and ppl actually bought things back then.

as i said the only ones who suffered the most in prev breeding was 2x up to 4x because the ability to breed them all day long but even now while there prices went up a bit but still no one buys them

I started to PLAY just after the "update"(couple of months back) .
Imo , after reading the old breeding system it can be summed up as:
Obtain / borrow /(or steal whatever) godly parents, carry a bunch of eggs, and move around kanto hoping it would hatch a godly one.
Now in new breeding system, as mentioned for 100th time, we already know the outcome and hence start with next breeding /EVing right away. In old system if you are a new player, it would take you 50+ eggs to make a fairly strong poke with 31 speed. In new breeding system, you can do the same by catching 30 to 70 pokemon(worst case scenario). You can hunt/vs seek while egg hatches etc so in short you get a more controlled way and saves hell of a time ( if you are new).
The ones who have actually benefited most are old breeders who have(or had) boxes full of breeders and for them, it's fairly easy to create eggs.
For "new" players it's a bit of struggle to create eggs but it indeed is doable and much more fun Imo. Which mmo doesn't have grind? Some mmo have specific levels until you can do quest/Forge weapons etc..

You're a bit off. Under the old system you could only have one egg at a time and they took around 10-20 minutes to hatch depending on species and flags. Also for the zillionth time even if you had 4x31 or 6x31 breeders it was nigh impossible to simply "clone" them in one, (or even a dozen), goes. People cry about how costless it was, but time was/is a valid cost. I know time is invisible but I promise you all it's a thing and most of us don't unlimited amounts of it. You could generally hatch several pokemon an hour and the RNG played a large part in the results. The grind was still there but you didn't have to painstakingly manage *every* *single* *IV* as if the pokemon were robots.

The only problem, (and people love to make it sound like fifty problems), was inflation. It could have been fixed without destroying everything that was fun about breeding. As for people who keep repeating that Pokemmo should be all about the MMO:  Grindy MMOs are boring, that's why they are dying out in favor of action MMOs (generally where the grind would be there is actually fun instead). Wow is mega-boring, EQ was boring and EVE is boring. By taking the RNG out of breeding, adding a large amount of both "catchgrind" and "moneygrind" and topping the cost off with murdering 2 pokes at a time Pokemmo took a large step backwards- towards those dinosaurs. 

But hey! Who knows? Maybe, despite the fact that less and less people have been on and that every new player who first hears of the fusion system says "wtf?", just maybe Pokemmo is somehow better off morphing into 'just another mmo'.

Edited by kakaloto

I can't complain about the breeding system, It gives me more purpose instead of spamming the same two pokemon in the daycare. I actively have to seek out more pokemon and even play some catch mmo which is fun. (On a plus side more time in the grass=more chance of finding a shiny) After I've completed a project i feel good about it because I know the end product is perfect and that I litterally did the best one could potentially do. If you don't have enough time then don't breed a 6x31, go catch pokemon till you get 2 with decent iv's and merge them...(Omg it doesn't have to be perfect??) A 2x or 3x 31 can perform pretty well, and 6x31 was a rare occurance before..So why complain honestly? Go play any mmorpg based game, they all have one thing in common...Grinding..And well if you look at those forums (There are crying kids there too) so your cries are ignored. Go tell your mother about it, she might listen a bit more~

I can't complain about the breeding system, It gives me more purpose instead of spamming the same two pokemon in the daycare. I actively have to seek out more pokemon and even play some catch mmo which is fun. (On a plus side more time in the grass=more chance of finding a shiny) After I've completed a project i feel good about it because I know the end product is perfect and that I litterally did the best one could potentially do. If you don't have enough time then don't breed a 6x31, go catch pokemon till you get 2 with decent iv's and merge them...(Omg it doesn't have to be perfect??) A 2x or 3x 31 can perform pretty well, and 6x31 was a rare occurance before..So why complain honestly? Go play any mmorpg based game, they all have one thing in common...Grinding..And well if you look at those forums (There are crying kids there too) so your cries are ignored. Go tell your mother about it, she might listen a bit more~

Oh girl I love u, there's nothing else to say there.

I don't know why people complain so much about this system, it takes time but in the iv confirming is where you spend most of the time and that's gonna be fixed (REALLY SOON, I hope), people complain about how expensive is to breed one comp I don't know why they say that, I spend like 200-300k in a 4x31 or 5x31 hunting in the wild for 1x31 so I just spend money in braces, and that's an amount of money I can get in two day fighting npcs, so what's the big deal honestly? :unsure:

Edited by Arimanius

Grinding should not exist. Just because all the other MMO's are doing it, doesn't make it right. People only put up with it because otherwise, they will never play an MMO.

Perhaps, if you have unlimited time, you will never feel the effects of grinding. But to anyone else, time is, in fact, a valid cost, as time spent grinding is time not spent playing.

Grinding should not exist. Just because all the other MMO's are doing it, doesn't make it right. People only put up with it because otherwise, they will never play an MMO.

Perhaps, if you have unlimited time, you will never feel the effects of grinding. But to anyone else, time is, in fact, a valid cost, as time spent grinding is time not spent playing.

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you there, in an MMO grinding is playing. It may not be the most enjoyable aspect of game play but it is literally necessary to advance further. Without grinding the game would not be very good as everyone would literally be on the same level in terms of comps and money. This would leave people with nothing to trade (except shinies which would mean those who were rich made it that way through a lucky chance encounter), all that would be left for end game play is battling. Assuming we took out grinding completely, how would people obtain their competitive Pokemon? 

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you there, in an MMO grinding is playing. It may not be the most enjoyable aspect of game play but it is literally necessary to advance further. Without grinding the game would not be very good as everyone would literally be on the same level in terms of comps and money. This would leave people with nothing to trade (except shinies which would mean those who were rich made it that way through a lucky chance encounter), all that would be left for end game play is battling. Assuming we took out grinding completely, how would people obtain their competitive Pokemon? 

Come on Noad, comments like that should be ignored, how the fuck he's going to say that? I mean, then there's no reason to play a MMO, It's impressive what people think sometimes e.e

The new system is not perfect and the devs know it. They have announced efforts to fix the problems with the new system that will hopefully be in the next update. Most of the complaints ive heard against the new breeding system are extremely subjective statements "its boring, we shouldnt have to kill our pokes (this one comes w/o solid reasoning)". Well i think the new breeding system is 100x more fun than the old.

As for the killing of the pokes, i dont understand why you guys cant see the necessity in that. We needed a pokemon sink to help fight the inflation period. You can say that we should have went another way such as putting durability on pokes. Would that have worked? Sure prolly better than this system. But it would have slown down competitive play much more than this system does. And comp play took a huge hit with this system. Not only that it would have devalued comp pokes more and made rare things like hidden power pokes not worth breeding or buying. Ofc im just speculating but i believe the speculations are accurate. This system seems to balance breeding, the market, and comp play better than any other system i can think of (thats prolly why most mmos tend to go with systems like this). There are problems sure but again the devs are aware of the big ones and are taking steps to fix them.

Edited by codylramey

The new system is not perfect and the devs know it. They have announced efforts to fix the problems with the new system that will hopefully be in the next update. Most of the complaints ive heard against the new breeding system are extremely objective statements "its boring, we shouldnt have to kill our pokes (this one comes w/o solid reasoning)". Well i think the new breeding system is 100x more fun than the old.

As for the killing of the pokes, i dont understand why you guys cant see the necessity in that. We needed a pokemon sink to help fight the inflation period. You can say that we should have went another way such as putting durability on pokes. Would that have worked? Sure prolly better than this system. But it would have slown down competitive play much more than this system does. And comp play took a huge hit with this system. Not only that it would have devalued comp pokes more and made rare things like hidden power pokes not worth breeding or buying. Ofc im just speculating but i believe the speculations are accurate. This system seems to balance breeding, the market, and comp play better than any other system i can think of (thats prolly why most mmos tend to go with systems like this). There are problems sure but again the devs are aware of the big ones and are taking steps to fix them.

Finally you admit it  :D what a relief.

you know what was my problem ? is that you guys was acting like "What are you guys talking about ? the new breeding rules. are you guys nuts ?" or something like that ..

you never agreed that we have a problem in the first place and with just a tiny bit of refining (IV confirmation and so on) it would be perfect which was far from true for us.

Its one thing to say : yes we know what are you guys talking about ( i mean me and the other 100s of breeders who hate the parent killing) and that they understand and will work on a better solution (opening a thread for suggestions or telling what are they thinking about would be even better) and saying that this is an MMO shit game strategy like any other and suck it up because that's how it will be is totally another thing at all.

We could be patient enough to wait for the coming patch or the next one if any of them just told us that it will be worked out. but the general attitude which is that's how it works is not encouraging at all for waiting or even playing at all.

So i thank you from the bottom of my heart  :lol:

Just wanted to add something for Noad which is grinding was never and will not be ever a playing style for end-game content .. cuz it has to stop at some point or another ..

its just a part a tiny little part which will have to occur for 1 week, 2 weeks or even a month until the player gets what he/she desire (a full armor, cretin weapon .. etc ) then will move on to voting items/ donor items which all just help in PVP or PVE as an end-game content

in our case that's totally different because as a breeder .. the breeding it self (surely not the grinding part) is an end-game content (trading/selling/collecting .. etc) which with the current grinding process never will be rewarding nor fun or even worth the doing at all. (imagine that you as a seller want to sell 10 not 50 or 100 but just 10 pokemons then you should grind for a month or something ??  and after that would the price whatever it is worth the tedious work you did ?? i'm sure that's not even close am i right ?)

Finally for grinding lovers : go grind for some shiny or something else instead of ruining my precious beautiful breeding or any other part of the game

Edited by adhmn4

Grinding, in RPGs, didn't exist until they were converted to Video Game format. In the absence of a human 'Game Master' to make certain that challenges could be survived by the players, players would end up having to grind random encounters if an area was too difficult for their level. fortunately, most computer RPGs are well-structured, and as long as you don't run from every battle like a coward, your characters' level will usually stay high enough to face the increasingly difficult challenges with minimal grinding.

Unfortunately, MMORPGs decided to make grinding an important part of gameplay. Players would grind for experience, grind for rare items, etc. Theoretically, this is to make the game take more time, forcing the players to pay more money, as many MMO's, particularly early ones, require a constant subscription to continue playing.

Grinding could be replaced by something... FUN. Instead of performing the same task over and over and over until you want to smash your computer into pulp, you could make the players PLAY to get things that are supposed to be rare. Challenge players instead of making them suffer.

Just wanted to add something for Noad which is grinding was never and will not be ever a playing style for end-game content .. cuz it has to stop at some point or another ..

its just a part a tiny little part which will have to occur for 1 week, 2 weeks or even a month until the player gets what he/she desire (a full armor, cretin weapon .. etc ) then will move on to voting items/ donor items which all just help in PVP or PVE as an end-game content

in our case that's totally different because as a breeder .. the breeding it self (surely not the grinding part) is an end-game content (trading/selling/collecting .. etc) which with the current grinding process never will be rewarding nor fun or even worth the doing at all. (imagine that you as a seller want to sell 10 not 50 or 100 but just 10 pokemons then you should grind for a month or something ??  and after that would the price whatever it is worth the tedious work you did ?? i'm sure that's not even close am i right ?)

Finally for grinding lovers : go grind for some shiny or something else instead of ruining my precious beautiful breeding or any other part of the game

You need to grind to achieve things in this MMO just like many others. Sure, you could just make a team of 6 Pokemon and then never grind again, you would be free to log on whenever and battle with just those Pokemon. People who choose to grind do it because they want a wider selection of Pokemon than just 6 so that they can be successful competitively. The fact that someone who has spent more time making more Pokemon has a chance to be better than someone who has stopped at 6 is more than fair in my opinion. This does not stop the player who only has 6 comps from winning PvP duels however, but they have a higher chance of being counter teamed in tournaments. 

This game centres around catching Pokemon and breeding/training them to use in battle- this is not something that stops after 2 weeks because there is pretty much an infinite amount of Pokemon / movesets you can have if you wish. As a breeder you would be aware that the pre update breeding was also a grind as you needed to constantly hatch eggs for the right nature/ ability/ hidden power/ IVs. The difference is that now average players, I would count myself to fall under this category, can have the standard of comps that the very rich had before if we put effort into it. 

Your comment about breeding will now never be fun is a little unfair in my honest opinion, I have spoken to a lot of players that absolutely love the breeding system now. It is entirely down to personal opinion, I like the new breeding system and granted it would be something that would be a lot more enjoyable to me if we were to ever get confirmed IVs in the future. But right now I feel like when I breed a Pokemon I am actually getting somewhere, whereas before I could hatch numerous eggs and get nowhere- now every time I hatch an egg it is a step forward to my end goal instead of a wasted 10 minutes confirming IVs and a 4k loss. 

With regards to not being able to sell bred Pokemon, I feel like competitive Pokemon are going for the right price. People would not be selling them currently if they did not like the offers they were receiving. Money has become infinitely more valuable now- this is evident in how difficult it is to sell a shiny for its full value in pure yen. One thing I do like now is that a lot of players seem to be evenly balanced with the amount of money they all have, whereas before there were a few insanely rich people and then there was everyone else. 

As for the comment about people who like grinding can go and do that shiny hunting, well the difference between grinding for a shiny and breeding is that with breeding you are guaranteed to be rewarded in some way. This is why expecting to do a bit of grinding is more than fair when it comes to breeding, in my opinion. 

What i'm trying to say is that in other MMOs each one grind for his own and his own only so he wont be needing that after he finish collecting, but in our case we actually can breed for others and trade which make this an end-game content by it self so we won't stop at 6 or 10 or even 50 pokemon we will always want to breed more and sell and so on. which will lead back to why the heck are we grinding for 50 pokemon to just make 1 pokemon then sell it then go over the whole process again and again ?

you said your self "breeding should require a bit of grinding" not a whole life of it.

i'm not against grinding it self no matter how tedious and boring and how much i hate it but against killing the parents after only one laosy egg which will make me go grind again and again and again for each pokemon to sell .. i said i can grind for even a month to get only 2 pokemon but after that i should sit back and relax and watch my hard work payoff by letting the parents lay eggs and sell them even with the lowest price i will be able to get back the money i spent and the time i spent by making a pure profit. thats what breeding is and how should it payoff.

species rarity & stabilizing the market should have another way of keeping balance rather than sacrificing the breeding role (as cody and many others including myself suggested we can use a lifespan or durability)  or any other method that doesn't harm one of the main pillars of the game.

species rarity & stabilizing the market should have another way of keeping balance rather than sacrificing the breeding role (as cody and many others including myself suggested we can use a lifespan or durability)  or any other method that doesn't harm one of the main pillars of the game.

I think you misunderstood what i said. I said we could have used that method but this method is what best balances breeding, the market, and comp play. Think about if our pokemon died after a certain amount of use. The prices of comp pokemon would plummet. Why would i buy a pokemon who is just gonna die after x amnount of uses? Especially if i can just breed them myself (assuming that the breeders wouldnt have a durability too which they prolly would). Also needing to rebreed comps every so often would stagnate comp play worse than this current system did bc instead of breeding cool and new pokemon we would have to rebreed old ones over n over. With comp being the main attraction for most of the endgamers i think putting that kind of stress on it would be a bad thing

A system like this would have its advantages tho, im not going to say its a terrible idea Ive actually tought about it. One of the problems with the system we have now is that its not a true comp sink. You breed captured/old pokes for a comp but those comps sit in ur box forever. The market is depending on new people who are willing to buy their comps to substain itself. W/o this demand for comps will slowly dwindle. The question is will the market inflate the comps faster than the demand for comps rises. That will only be answered with time. I believe under a system like this breeding could become a profession, more so than it is now. But you are going to have to sell for less bc nobody is going to buy comps with durability for much. And its not like breeding cant be a profession now. It can be and more so than b4. You can even guarantee people "I can get you a pokemon with X+ stats in all stats and 31 speed" and then start breeding if they want to buy.

All in all i think it comes down to where you want to put the added stress in order to balance the market. Compared to the way it was b4, the way we have it now puts more that stress on the breeding aspect of the game (but it still puts stress on the comp side too dont get me wrong). But imo breeding was WAY too easy b4 so this aspect of the game can handle that added stress. Adding comp durability would put most of that stress on the comp scene and breeding would see no added stress unless they added breeding durability too. And if you ask any long time comp player they will tell you the meta here is SLOW to evolve, even when getting comps were easy. Its been months since the update and we still dont have a true UU nor have we started on NU. So i think that adding anymore stress to the comp scene should be a last resort. Ofc i am a comp player so i am a bit bias, but you have to realize that most of the endgame community is involved in comp in one way or another. Breeding is just a means to being able to do that for most.

If time passes and this method proves ineffective at controlling inflation and balancing the market, breeding, and comp play then i would say yea sure lets see pokemon durability play out. It will hurt comp play but not as much as not having a stable market will hurt the game (unless it hurts comp play so much it becomes not worth playing comp. The game would collapse on itself then). But right now the system seems to work. Its still too early to tell and some things need fixing but all in all it seems like a good system. That could change, we will just have to w8 and see.

Edited by codylramey

You need to grind to achieve things in this MMO just like many others. Sure, you could just make a team of 6 Pokemon and then never grind again, you would be free to log on whenever and battle with just those Pokemon. People who choose to grind do it because they want a wider selection of Pokemon than just 6 so that they can be successful competitively. The fact that someone who has spent more time making more Pokemon has a chance to be better than someone who has stopped at 6 is more than fair in my opinion. This does not stop the player who only has 6 comps from winning PvP duels however, but they have a higher chance of being counter teamed in tournaments. 

This game centres around catching Pokemon and breeding/training them to use in battle- this is not something that stops after 2 weeks because there is pretty much an infinite amount of Pokemon / movesets you can have if you wish. As a breeder you would be aware that the pre update breeding was also a grind as you needed to constantly hatch eggs for the right nature/ ability/ hidden power/ IVs. The difference is that now average players, I would count myself to fall under this category, can have the standard of comps that the very rich had before if we put effort into it. 

Your comment about breeding will now never be fun is a little unfair in my honest opinion, I have spoken to a lot of players that absolutely love the breeding system now. It is entirely down to personal opinion, I like the new breeding system and granted it would be something that would be a lot more enjoyable to me if we were to ever get confirmed IVs in the future. But right now I feel like when I breed a Pokemon I am actually getting somewhere, whereas before I could hatch numerous eggs and get nowhere- now every time I hatch an egg it is a step forward to my end goal instead of a wasted 10 minutes confirming IVs and a 4k loss. 

With regards to not being able to sell bred Pokemon, I feel like competitive Pokemon are going for the right price. People would not be selling them currently if they did not like the offers they were receiving. Money has become infinitely more valuable now- this is evident in how difficult it is to sell a shiny for its full value in pure yen. One thing I do like now is that a lot of players seem to be evenly balanced with the amount of money they all have, whereas before there were a few insanely rich people and then there was everyone else. 

As for the comment about people who like grinding can go and do that shiny hunting, well the difference between grinding for a shiny and breeding is that with breeding you are guaranteed to be rewarded in some way. This is why expecting to do a bit of grinding is more than fair when it comes to breeding, in my opinion. 

i agree with most of your post exept the money part... it seems now the gab between rich and poor became even bigger.

i enjoy the new breeding system exept the iv confirming part which is going to get fixed soon™ [spoiler] genderless pokemon are still a pain to breed [/spoiler]
sure at the beginning it seems to be very confusing but try to make a list somewhere on which pokemon/egg group you have + the ivs they have and you'll see its alot better and easier then pre-update breeding was. (there are also very good breeding guides in this forum)

Also, I would appreciate if someone acknowledged my previous post...

The devs have been constantly working on making this game more "fun". Being a pokemon game- grinding comes as a prerequisite. They have been making constant changes to improve the quality of gameplay. Take egg hatching mechanism for example, in cannon games you were required to aimlessly walk around with the egg and hope for it to hatch.
They are also planning to give us an interactive way to EV train pokemon and earn money.

/Theoretically, this is to make the game take more time, forcing the players to pay more money, as many MMO's, particularly early ones, require a constant subscription to continue playing./
That is not the case. Grinding correlates to the effort a person puts in a game. Being an mmo you are expected to invest time and effort to "get good".

Grinding could be replaced by something... FUN. Instead of performing the same task over and over and over until you want to smash your computer into pulp, you could make the players PLAY to get things that are supposed to be rare. Challenge players instead of making them suffer.

There are surely other ways of putting effort into a game besides grinding.

Also, 'walking around aimlessly hoping for it to hatch' does not seem the most accurate way to describe it. Eggs would hatch  after a certain amount of steps were taken, and you need not take those steps aimlessly. You could just go about your business with the egg in your team and it would hatch eventually.

Edited by Snarguffle

You could just go about your business with the egg in your team and it would hatch eventually.

I just wish you were here back in the bikemmo days. Even with halved steps I'm sure you could "go about your business" hatching something like an eevee

No... I'm pretty sure it's steps. Just to be clear, that refers to the breeding system from the original games. Read the post before that.

and what he meant was that it wasn't taken in pokemmo as we have hatching by time.

But as I was referring entirely to the canon games with that statement. it is rather irrelevant. And you're still ignoring the main point of this whole series of posts...

I'm not against investing time and effort into a game. My point is that this time and effort should be taken up by something other than tedious repetitive motions. Such as in tabletop RPGs where you went on a long quest to find a rare item instead of finding it on a specific group of enemies with a tiny chance for it to be dropped with each kill. Both take a long time, but which would you prefer to do?

Edited by Snarguffle

But as I was referring entirely to the canon games with that statement. it is rather irrelevant. And you're still ignoring the main point of this whole series of posts...

I'm not against investing time and effort into a game. My point is that this time and effort should be taken up by something other than tedious repetitive motions. Such as in tabletop RPGs where you went on a long quest to find a rare item instead of finding it on a specific group of enemies with a tiny chance for it to be dropped with each kill. Both take a long time, but which would you prefer to do?

and I already pointed that they are already working on it. Better ways to make money, renewable tms, interactive EV training, auto narrow IVs, legendary dungeons all are soon™

The point of this thread was breeding, which currently requires a certain amount of grind. The money part is being worked upon and the catchmmo part is as interesting as they could make it. Don't see what point you are trying to make here. Edited by ItachiUchiha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.