[Discussion] Snorlax (OU)

Nah, if anything it'll let your opponent keep pressure on you for not having a decent sp wall.

Hence the over 50% usage

I don't really care about usage. People can play what they want, it doesn't mean they play well. (previous TT ??)

I'd like to come back on two points :

You could run a rapid spin Starmie or a Wish Jolteon with Snorlax too. Snorlax may be more punishing on switch ins but most teams naturally have answers to Curselax or CBLax or AttackLax. Blissey just makes it impossible to do damage as a special attacker unlike with Lax. Starmie generally run defensive spreads so they just press recover to scout for Pursuit and if it's CB Lax that is now trapped into Pursuit that's even better for the Starmie user. CM users can't beat Seismic Blissey and if Gengar beats that so be it, there has to be something that beats Blissey. I'm not saying it's unbeatable. But Gengar can still not get passed a Blissey, only by PP Stalling.

On your second point, I meant two special defensive pokemon vs Blissey, and if you think otherwise lol. I'm not gonna waste an extra team slot on something that does the same damn thing as Blissey. Oh I guess Leech Seed? But why not have Wish support?

Are you forgetting that stall was near useless in the lax meta? I believe this was established in another thread. If the lax ban made it to where a usless play style got more viable then isnt that a good sign of a healthier meta? Also machamp is a poor answer to lax as it cant come into lax no where near as often as lax can get into play. Bulky gengar can kind of take lax assuming no crunch def drop. The sub disable set relies on crits to win, and trust me you can go through an entire FP pp w/o getting a crit. Rhydon is about the only thing that can come in on and take lax consistently. Even if weezing did fit stall teams he was shit at taking on lax, especiall now that hes loss physical sludge bomb. They just stalled each other out and sometimes weezing would even die to too many parahax (im not sure if he wins the pp war or not bc of rest on lax).

This is not true, stall was also effective in the Snorlax metagame I have no idea what you are talking about with that. Don't have to comment on the rest really.

edit: I had something here but its gone :<

He is NOT quickly worn down by repeated switches. How do you define quickly? 6hko with rest isnt going to die easy. Also anyone who run 2 spcl walls now are going to run them with lax too. Dugtrio makes people scared to bring just one spcl wall. And lax is killed by dugtrio just like bliss is.

As you even admitted the usage stats could be victim to slow evolving meta syndrome. Are you going to deny the increased viability of pokemon such as aerodyctyle, Ursaring, Espeon, and kingdra. There were a few others but i cant remember them atm. Also even if gengar became more "dangerous", which i question, he is seen less often which is a very good thin

Read above

The only difference in this metagame is that blissey is more passive, a entire playstyle becomes more viable, quite a few pokes become more viable, and we are more free to build a team with a more variety of pokes. And actually those pokemon need support to take on lax most of the time. Metagross w/o CB can be set up on by lax irrc, Weezing is shit at taking on lax and can only hope to stall him out or explode, Fortress dies to Fire Punch so you need to bring something to scout for that, and if he has it there goes a lax switch in for you. Gengar is about the only thing on that list that does a good job and even he can fail due to RNG or the lack there of.

I disagree, other comp players and I fell as if we are much more free to build different teams w/o lax in the picture. The meta is may still be shit but its better than b4. If you want to call it pulling a UU counsil and banning him just because then so be it, either way, for the reasons stated above, you get a better meta out of it. At the very least extend the test so that A. people can have more time to adjust and B. we can get more concrete usage stats thanks to the psl.

Yeah I already said freer teambuilding is an illusion. and then blabla crap about Snorlax

The metagame is not better than before. It's fucking shit, don't kid yourselves. The sad truth for OU right now is that the meta with Snorlax is shit and the meta without Snorlax is a little less shitty, sadly this does not warrant a ban. You did not even touch on the points why this meta is so much better, oh wait you were babbling about your so called diversity that I already pointed out is fucking bullshit.

Edited by ThinkNice

@XPLOZ
I think by implying special cores are inferior to Blissey is saying 'why run 2 pokes when u can run blissey which sponge every special attack just as well.'

Actually I agree with XPLOZ, sometimes I use Lanturn and Ludicolo cause they can stall, heal statuses, give status and hit at least for some damage not like blissey which is just dugtrio's game and bait for cb attackers that can switch in

I just think blissey is 100% easier to play with than snorlax, even when OFC u can't kill it with special attackers if u get rid of her (Which is really easy) u can use your special attacker to sweep a team and if you're using two special walls like blissey and some other stuff then you're going to get really punished by physical attackers

Blisey, bait. Bait, blissey. Keywords here.
Isn't there a thread for people to cry about blissey?

I'm clarifying something for XPLOZ what Thinkie implied.

How about you read the thread before accusing me of crying over Blissey. Edited by DrCraig

I'm clarifying something for XPLOZ what Thinkie implied.

How about you read the thread before accusing me of crying over Blissey.

Well there is a lot of people saying on this Snorlax thread that Bissey is making the game less enjoyable (which is 100% subjective, not a consensus). I hate blissey, but its the lesser of two evils.

I don't really care about usage. People can play what they want, it doesn't mean they play well. (previous TT ??)

If something is used consistently by a lot of people it's because it works, not the other way around.

If something is used consistently by a lot of people it's because it works, not the other way around.

More free in team building = having to run blissey or run 2 or more sp def wall core. Makes sense
-_-

It does make sense.

Scenario 1: Play Snorlax

Scenario 2: Play Blissey OR 2 special def bulky pokemons OF YOUR CHOICE.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by lamerb

It does make sense.

I'd add : OR one main sp def bulky pokemon + sweepers with imunities/resistances.

It does make sense.

Scenario 1: Play Snorlax OR Blissey OR 2 special def bulky pokemons OF YOUR CHOICE.

Sorry fixed that for you

It does make sense.

Scenario 1 can be, run snorlax / run blissey / run your cores / run your resistances meh

And yeah i didnt see it but think nice already pointed it out Edited by SpartacusGD

You might not care, but that proves how blissey is far superior to mixed defensive cores, which are nowhere nearly as reliable.

Not only you have to deal with your opponents better defense, but you also have to sac a spot in your team, which could be taken by an actually good offensive poke.

You might not care, but that proves how blissey is far superior to mixed defensive cores, which are nowhere nearly as reliable.

Not only you have to deal with your opponents better defense, but you also have to sac a spot in your team, which could be taken by an actually good offensive poke.

I'd add : OR one main sp def bulky pokemon + sweepers with imunities/resistances.

What exactly justifies that Blissey or some other dumb Special core will be as used as much or will be as viable when Snorlax is around? Despite the whole "Snorlax can be broken by attackers and pivot" hue. Practical consensus, at least in the past, speaks for itself. 

Nah, why even play Blissey or Ludicolo or Umbreon when you can play Snorlax?

Let's see how quickly Lax goes to 75% or more usage. Taking bets on that.

Il take this bet how does 1m sound? Laz doesnt reach that point basically cause people prefer safe sp def walling. Like "il bring blissey so im 100% not getting swept by literally any sp sweaper and on worst case scenario i can stall and bore to death my oponent"

Ya sure lets play Blissey or 2 special def bulky pokemons that Lax will destroy before the duel even start...

Blissey doesn't get destroyed by Snorlax at all, unless you insist on letting it set up twice or so. I really don't see your point though in this metagame there are quite a few strong physical attackers that can come in on Blissey or your spdef core, with the Snorlax meta this is  still the case. So ultimately nothing changes much. I think you just fail to grasp that in the end nothing changes much is just that the Pokémon change, their roles are still the same.