[Discussion] Snorlax (OU)

Soo just got outplayed by Enrrique in vermillion. He called every single one of my moves and had the upperhand the entire match. All i had to do was get rid of his hera and curselax swept 5-0.

Well honestly if all you had to do to sweep with Curselax was kill his Hera, then his team was poorly built.

I mean he had swampert and forrtress. But neither of them stood a chance once i was at one curse. But i guess you are right, he didnt really have any of those few very specific counters to deal with curselax.

Because swampert doesn't have access to roar or counter if you predict the hit.....

Because swampert doesn't have access to roar or counter if you predict the hit.....

He wwas running a diff set. Not only that neither roar nor counter would have helped him there. Lax was my last poke so roar would have been shit, lax was cursing in everythings face so counter would have been shit (well against my snorlax counter would have a 3% chance of success, which is still shit. But he had no way of knowing that). Now swampert can curse along side snorlax and beat him bar hax. Its not a bad counter to lax in that way.

That's why a good player won't leave curse lax for last and abuse it by spikes, that's what he should have been scouting for with fore and swamp. Even if it isn't curse lax he could have been forcing switches with swampeet and spikes support. Poor team building and poor play style. That's why snorlax would be an issue.

That's why a good player won't leave curse lax for last and abuse it by spikes, that's what he should have been scouting for with fore and swamp. Even if it isn't curse lax he could have been forcing switches with swampeet and spikes support. Poor team building and poor play style. That's why snorlax would be an issue.

What even. He called my every move except one, he did get spikes down and i spun them away. Spikes wasnt his main way of dealing with lax (bc its a shit way of doing so) heracross was. You are right he did have poor team building, he brought only 1 thing to take on lax, you need like three. One that can both come in on and take lax (rhydon, curse swampert) a check for when those get haxed to death or you just make one bad play and lose them (he has many checks) and something that can take a hit and act as a piviot for when you fail to check him (bulky gar, forrtress and skarm for non fire punch variants).

Edited by codylramey

What even. He called my every move except one, he did get spikes down and i spun them away. Spikes wasnt his main way of dealing with lax (bc its a shit way of doing so) heracross was. You are right he did have poor team building, he brought only 1 thing to take on lax, you need like three. One that can both come in on and take lax (rhydon, curse swampert) a check for when those get haxed to death or you just make one bad play and lose them (he has many checks) and something that can take a hit and act as a piviot for when you fail to check him (bulky gar, forrtress and skarm for non fire punch variants).

Spikes poor way of dealing with lax? Okay sure it is..... Pretty sure spin blocking isnt hard and most spinners are set up Bain and can easily be removed. So imo if he plays spikes and a roar swampert correctly that snorlax isn't a problem.

And I know how to stop a curse lax I dint complain about it and have yet to get swept by onE so don't lecture me on how to stop it if I'm not complaining about it.

Spikes poor way of dealing with lax? Okay sure it is..... Pretty sure spin blocking isnt hard and most spinners are set up Bain and can easily be removed. So imo if he plays spikes and a roar swampert correctly that snorlax isn't a problem.

And I know how to stop a curse lax I dint complain about it and have yet to get swept by onE so don't lecture me on how to stop it if I'm not complaining about it.

Dusclopse is the only spin blocker who gets to come in on the #1 spinner in the game. Also spikes doesnt do shit to lax if hes the last poke on the field. Whats to stop you opponent from sacing his entire team to get lax in safely. If spikes is the only thing you have to deal with lax that is whats gonna happen. Spinners are set up bait? STARMIE. There is only one significant poke i can think of that starmie is set up bait to.

Dusclopse is the only spin blocker who gets to come in on the #1 spinner in the game. Also spikes doesnt do shit to lax if hes the last poke on the field. Whats to stop you opponent from sacing his entire team to get lax in safely. If spikes is the only thing you have to deal with lax that is whats gonna happen. Spinners are set up bait? STARMIE. There is only one significant poke i can think of that starmie is set up bait to.

First yes clops is good but so is gengar. Keep the momentum in your court.

Cough (foretress) come here gengar pleas. Set up on me. Cough cloyster ( come here metagross,snorlax,gengar,jolteon, anything really tbh outside if flygon and vlaziken)

Most spinners are set up bait and reasons for not using them just out way the pros of trying to spin.

And if your opponent tries sacrificing that's why you just lead with swampert and keep roaring to scout ALL possible threats not just lax. But I shouldn't have to tell you that. Running a poke that leads with roar or whirlwind isn't really a bad idea to see what your up against. And smart players then can see what the weakness is and exploit it. But again shouldn't have to tell you that. Edited by Excelimpulse
  • Munya pinned this topic