The PokeMMO Team-building Challenge (14th - 17th April)

IGN : lilyek

My entry :

[spoiler]Shuckle :
Nature : Bold.
Ability : Sturdy.
EV spread : 44 Hp / 214 Def / 252 Sp.Def.
Held item : Chesto berry.
- Move slot 1 : Bide.
- Move slot 2 : Toxic.
- Move slot 3 : Rest.
- Move slot 4 : Encore.

Classic stall version nothing more to say.

Swellow :
Nature : Jolly.
Ability : Guts.
EV spread : 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed.
Held item : Choice Band.
- Move slot 1 : Pursuit.
- Move slot 2 : Aerial Ace.
- Move slot 3 : Return.
- Move slot 4 : Quick Attack.

Classic physical sweeper set. It can be a real threat if it is switch in Vileplume and Shuckle's Toxic.

Starmie :
Nature : Timid.
Ability : Natural Cure.
EV spread : 6 Hp / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed.
Held item : Lum berry.
- Move slot 1 : Psychic.
- Move slot 2 : Thunderbolt.
- Move slot 3 : Ice Beam
- Move slot 4 : Surf.

Classic special sweeper set nothing more to say.

LEAD Beedrill :
Nature : Adamant.
Ability : Swarm.
Held item : Salac berry.
- Move slot 1 : Pursuit.
- Move slot 2 : Endure.
- Move slot 3 : Endeavor.
- Move slot 4 : Aerial Ace.

I choose it only for fun. It probably can't do something against others pokemons of the list.

Raichu :
Ability : Static.
Held item : Liechi berry.
- Move slot 1 : Flail.
- Move slot 2 : Thunderpunch.
- Move slot 3 : Endure.
- Move slot 4 : Extrem Speed.

Flailer with Extrem Speed who can counter the Quick Attack users.

Swalot :
Ability : Liquid Ooze.
EV spread : 132 Hp / 252 Def / 126 Sp.Atk.
Held item : Leftover.
- Move slot 1 : Amnesia.
- Move slot 2 : Sludge Bomb.
- Move slot 3 : Giga Drain.
- Move slot 4 : Rest.

Classic physical and special staller. Sp.Atk investissement particulary for Claydol and Donphan.[/spoiler]

IGN: Winterbrah

R I P remain contenders. My entry:

[spoiler]

Shuckle "Rose"

Nature: Naive

Ability: Sturdy

EV Spread: 252 speed 252 special attack 4 attack

Held Item: Black Glasses

- Bide

- Hidden Power Dark

- Swagger

- Constrict

The last thing the enemy Shuckle will be expecting is a special sweeper speed based counterpart, this poke already has enough tankiness making the speed investment an extremelly viable choice, bide is used to scare off its biggest threats in beedrill and exploud, the naive nature is to ensure that it can use the old constrict/hp dark combo to its fullest and making it an extremelly powerful mixed-attacker.

Beedrill "Sit"

Nature Adamant

Ability Swarm

EV Spread: 252 att 252 speed 4 hp

Held Item: Choice Band

- Agility

- Swords Dance

- Attract

- Poison Sting

Self-explanatory, we need a strong physical attacker and what better than a Beedrill boosted by Swords Dance AND Choice band, Poison Sting is to mess with bulky waters on the switch (Starmie/Golduck) with its poison chance.

Exploud "On"

Nature: Sassy

Ability: Sound-Proof

EV Spread: 252 Hp 252 Spdef 4 def

Held Item: Leftovers

- Endure

- Counter

- Defence Curl

- Rollout

Endure and Counter to stall enough time for the Defence Curl / Rollout combo to sweep their whole team, its normal typing makes it great to wall any special threats and counter is used to surprised physical attackers, an all-round powerful poke.

Slaking "My"

Nature: Serious

Ability: Bold

EV Spread: 252 HP 252 Def

- Amnesia

- Slack Off

- Bulk Up

- Facade

With its titanic HP stat and low spdef, its best to invest most EVs and nature into it, after one amnesia and bulk up slaking becomes very hard to handle, and the threat of facade will foil any plans of wearing it down with poison, uncounterable gg.

Golduck "Face"

Nature: Timid

Ability: Cloud 9

EV Spread: 252 Speed 252 Spatt

- Encore

- Surf

- Waterfall

- Whirlpool

You never know when you might run out of PP on your Go-To STAB water move, so we included surf and made golduck a strong mixed attacker, encore + choice band might seem odd at first but its great to make your opponent feel like hes choice banded as well but without the attack boost, so basically you > your opponent. Cloud Nine to handle the overpowered gen 3 weather.

Swalot "Pls"

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Sticky Hold

EV Spread: 252 Speed 252 Attack

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain

- HP Dark

- Fire Punch

All-out attacker with insane coverage, its also already naturally bulky so it will be extremelly hard to handle, you can also use him to sweep the E4 after sweeping your opponent ! Great multi-purpose poke, a must have in every team.

[/spoiler]

Edited by Winterbrah

IGN: ThinkNice

[/spoiler]Tier overview:

Linoone.

Team:

Prevent LINOONE

Shuckle @ Leftovers

Level: 50

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Bold Nature

- Wrap

- Encore

- Toxic

- Protect

Our mandatory Pokémon, Shuckle doesn’t bring much and will most likely just function as set/item scouter as well as sleep absorber. Wrap is nice to prevent double switching and Encore makes it impossible for Linoone to Belly Drum on Shuckle.

Linoone @ Choice Band

Ability: Pickup

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Extreme Speed

- Return

- Thief

- Iron Tail

People will heavily prepare for whatever Drumloon there will be. I make mine max speed so I can revenge Adamant Linoone with Banded Espeed. Going Band is a nice surprise for people that might expect a Sub or Drum and go for Encore. Thief is a key move that gets rid of Leftover recovery on switch ins so this team can start peeling away at it very slowly.

Starmie @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 52 SpA / 204 Spe

Timid Nature

- Psychic

- Thunderbolt

- Recover

- Reflect

The speed is there to outpace max speed 100s like Slaking and Linoone. Starmie cannot prevent a Linoone from Drumming if it runs a Sitrus because even with max Modest Starmie does not hit hard enough to prevent the Drum. However with Reflect Starmie does two things, it makes Linoone Drumming way less effective and it also doesn’t become complete Pursuit fodder for Slaking. Reflect is a major help against CB Crawdaunt, Machamp and Donphan too, so I’d like to keep it up most of the time. I chose for Psychic and Thunderbolt because the only thing Surf was hitting was Claydol and Donphan which I have good answers for.

Claydol @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 228 HP / 176 SpA / 104 Spe

Modest Nature

- Explosion

- Psychic

- Shadow Ball

- Protect

Modest is way more punishing to Donphan which can be quite a problem in the tier and to this team overall, it also shits on Vileplume, Machamp and SB can surprise Starmie and opposing Claydol decently. Protect is there so that Slaking can’t do anything to it. The SpA EVs are set there so that max HP Linoone cannot setup on Claydol on switching in, with 2 hits doing a minimum of 82% which means Sitrus can’t save Linoone any longer. The speed outpaces Adamant Crawdaunt if I feel like it’s time to go boom, while also outpacing Adamant Machamp.

Vileplume @ Leftovers

Ability: Chlorophyll

EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 SpD

Modest Nature

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain

- Aromatherapy

- Sleep Powder

Because hitting things hard is fun. This thing mainly stops Raichu and fairs decently against Golduck. Preventing the 2HKO with Ice Beam on the switch with the investment. Hitting back fairly hard. Counters Claydol and Sableye. I choose for Aromatherapy over Leech Seed in case I somehow get frozen by Ice Beams or para’d with Tbolts. Which should be pretty common with Raichu, Golduck and Starmie.

Raichu @ Leftovers

Ability: Static

EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD

Calm Nature

- Wish

- Protect

- Encore

- Thunderbolt

This thing.. THIS THING, is here because I needed an answer to the almighty special sweepers Golduck and Starmie in the tier. Nothing can really stop these two aside from this beauty. Even max Spdef Sableye falls to the Modest Star. Protect also works nicely against Slaking again. It works out really well that this Raichu is slow as it will outslow almost if not all Linoone and can Encore them into Sub or Drum. Encore also traps CM Duck. The added defensive EVs are there to live a CB Return from Jolly Swellow. Also makes me live Jolly +1 Crawdaunt, 50/50 on Adamant.

Offensive threats:

#1 Linoone: My whole freakin’ team is designed so this thing doesn’t shit on everything.

#2 Slaking: Sponsored by Durex

#3 Starmie: This thing is so annoying, if I predict it won’t go for Psychic Vileplume will do really well against it. Raichu can handle every attack well. Raichu in combination with Vileplume will shut this one down.

#4 Golduck: Golduck is really scary,  but again Linoone can check it as well as the special core #RaichuFlowerpower

#5 Crawdaunt: STAB CB Crunch is scary as phuck as only Machamp and Crawdaunt himself resist it. It’s absolutely key to keep Reflect up or keep Vileplume healthy. They key is to not let it switch in though and the majority of my Pokémon are capable of that while the other two; Shuckle and Claydol both have tools to keep it save. I don’t think Crawdaunt will be very popular though, especially the DD set as it gets completely eaten alive by Slaking, Linoone, Raichu and Vileplume.

#6 Machamp: There are too many answers for this for it to be threatening.

#7 Donphan: Definitely scary with CB EQ, the only reason I have Claydol on my team.

Defensive threats:

#1 Shuckle: Sike!

#2 Donphan: Handled by Claydol and Vileplume, Shuckle too to an extent.

#3 Sableye: I don’t feel like it can do enough, if it tries to CM I have Raichu if it tries to poison I have Vileplume, all in all, not threatening.

#4 Vileplume: There aren’t really any answers to Vileplume aside from ehm.. well your own Vileplume.

#5 Claydol: Also gets shreckt by Vileplume and Starmie and my own Claydol.[/spoiler]

IGN: BurntZebra

[spoiler]
Shuckle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Toxic

One of my favorite UU pokemon to use, but it often leads to time clauses with pp stalls. Shuckle has massive defense and special defense which allows it to survive any non boosted attack. It can come in vs claydol, exploud, swellow, slaking, vileplume, swalot, and donphan to an extent, which makes it an important defensive part of my team. Encore helps vs things that try to set up like vileplume, golduck, crawdaunt, or linoone. Toxic and knock off hit everything except swalot (darn you sticky hold).

Vileplume @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Physically defensive vileplume is quite underrated in many regards. It gives my team a solid answer to crawdaunt, which shuckle and donphan can't take on. It can also put a pokemon to sleep if need be and hits most pokemon for neutral damage at worst with its stab giga drain. It also can do some damage to machamp and donphan, two pokemon that can be problematic to this pool of pokemon.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Slaking seemed like an obvious choice to me, just because of its massive attack stat to use and decent bulk. Return hits ridiculously hard while pursuit lets me take down starmie quickly if it tries to switch out. Rock slide was mostly for shuckle, but since shuckle will be on all teams, it is an important pokemon to have coverage for. Slack off gave me an option to heal vs something that was running protect so I wouldn't lose momentum entirely when slaking gets protected on.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Toxic
- Protect

Donphan gives me a nice answer to linoone, something that will probably be often used. Max defense donphan is able to survive any of linoones attacks at +6 attack and ko back with superpower quite easily. +6 252+ Atk Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Donphan: 163-193 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. Protect+toxic helps get some damage vs claydol and donphan that won't really care much about donphans other attacks.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Confuse Ray

Starmie is my main answer to shuckle, as it has natural cure to heal toxic while switching out and doesn't really mind losing its leftovers too much, having recover to regain hp lost. The speed investment is to outspeed max speed raichu/slaking/linoone. Confuse ray might seem like a weird choice but if I'm not really sure what the other person will send in, confuse ray can really turn the tables when they take confusion damage and I get a free switch into one of my other pokemon.

Raichu @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Wish
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raichu is the final piece of the team, giving me another counter to starmie and golduck, which helps immensely on my team. Wish and Protect give it some what reliable healing and helps vs choice banded pokemon and slaking. Thunderbolt and hp ice has perfect coverage vs all the pokemon in this round of pokemon. The special defense investment lets it take 3 surfs from timid starmie and can 2hko starmie and golduck in return. Wish support is quite important for donphan as donphan is the only pokemon with no recovery on my team, and the team relies on it to some degree to take on linoone, machamp, and swellow.
[/spoiler]

Edited by BurntZebra

Some things for Zebra:

4 Atk Donphan Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Linoone: 158-186 (85.4 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 4 SpD Starmie: 114-134 (83.8 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Golduck: 116-140 (74.3 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

IGN BlueBreath

[spoiler]Shuckle (Fuckle)
Nature Impish
Ability Sturdy
EV Spread: 252hp 252def 4speed
- Rest
- Toxic
- Knock off
- Wrap

This set focus' on making sure that opposing Pokemon become crippled, which will give a future opportunity to sweep. This set also deals with most banders.

Raichu (Pikachu)
Nature Mild
Ability Static
EV Spread: 252hp 252spatk 4spdef
- Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Extremespeed

This is what I like to call an aggressive supporter, it relies on using attacking moves and gives the team some good support with Wish, which could either prolong the stall or give a sweeper a free switch in to deal some heavy damage. Extremespeed is always nice for when there's something which has setup speed and is near death (looking at you Linoone and Crawdaunt). Surf is to directly target Claydol and Donphan. Speed invest is not necessary as it already outspeeds max speed Donphan, while nobody will run speed invest on Claydol.

Vileplume (Not Victreebel)
Nature Calm
Ability Chlorophyll
EV Spread: 252hp 252spdef 4def
- Leech seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep powder

With the absence of Spikes users most Starmie will run psychic to dent Vileplume which is even a 2hko with the massive spdef invest, however paired with Crawdaunt you can come in freely on a Psychic (due to the immunity) then freely switch to Vileplume with an incoming predicted Thunderbolt, then proceed to spam Giga Drain at Starmie, until it switches or gets killed. Leech seed is to put pressure onto the opponent while potentially healing your own Pokemon when you switch. Sludge Bomb is a nice stab and has a good chance of spreading poison.

Crawdaunt (Mr. Crabs)
Nature Adamant
Ability Shell Armor
EV Spread: 252atk 152spdef 100speed 4hp
Held Item: Lum Berry
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Late game sweeper with amazing coverage, not much to say the aim of the team is to let this come in and wreck everything once they have been withered down. The option of using Hyper Cutter is definitely not viable due to the absence of intimidate users. The Spdef insures that it lives a Thunderbolt from a Starmie (252spatk), which gives Crawdaunt a easy kill with Crunch.

Machamp (DoYouEvenLift)
Nature Adamant
Ability Guts
EV Spread: 252atk 244hp 12speed
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower
- Facade

The Speed is to insure that this Machamp outspeeds other Machamp with no speed invest and takes into account the number of Machamps which may just dump the extra 4 EVs into speed so this Machamp is at a advantage. The coverage options are to hit most things in the tier (Ice Punch for Claydol and Donphan, Thunderpunch for Starmie and Superpower for normals), while Facade will be the go to option once a status has been inflicted as the only ghost in the tier is Sableye.

Claydol (AllSeeingEyes)
Nature Impish
Ability Levitate
EV Spread: 252hp 252def 4spdef
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Earthquake
- Explosion

The bulk allows for Claydol to live a CB Ice Punch from Machamp then setup a Reflect which gives it enough bulk to live another hit then proceeds to use Explosion on Machamp to insure a KO while maintaining an advantage of Reflect up on the field. Earthquake lets it apply some pressure on the switch, such as denting a Swalot, while Light Screen is a nice addition to take less force for special attackers. This also hard counters Donphan.
[/spoiler]

Edited by xXBlu3BreathXx

Assessment: A lot of heavy hitters in this tier with CB Donphan, Machamp, Linoone, Crawdaunt, Slaking, and even Swellow. Almost nothing reliably handles Linoone once it is able to Belly Drum and start using Extremespeed. Pack on Iron Tail and suddenly even Shuckle becomes toasted, overToasted. The goal for my team will be to maintain offense and avoid falling to the almost inevitable sweep.

My Team:

[spoiler]

Shuckle “LinooneWho”

Nature: Impish

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

- Encore

- Toxic

- Protect

- Knock-Off

Explanation: Essentially set-up bait that is praying it predicts right with Encore, and can catch you with Toxic. This is probably the worst pokemon I have ever encountered, but still can be an annoying monster of stall. I want this baby to knock-off as many items as it can, Toxic as many things as it can, and essentially have some sort of roll without being encored by another, possibly faster Shuckle and becoming set-up bait. IVs allow it to have a chance of living a +6 Iron Tail from Linoone. Investing that extra 4 EVs in Spe might help me win the inevitable Shuckle wars.

Sableye “StatusPlease”

Nature: Bold

Ability: Keen Eye

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

- Seismic Toss

- Taunt

- Toxic

- Mean Look

Explanation: One of my solid answers to Shuckle. Pray you don’t get hit by Toxic on the switch in and Taunt away, successfully disabling Shuckle completely. Toxic whatever switches in and play accordingly. Needs to watch out for Vileplume unfortunately as it pretty much stops this entire set. I’ll talk about Mean Look later =)

Donphan “WinCondition”

EV Spread: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Body Slam

- Superpower

Explanation: My lead and primary option for applying pressure on my opponent. The only thing that reliably can switch in on CB Donphan is Claydol. Body Slam is there to hit Donphan, or even a very brave Swellow, on those switch ins. Paralysis and a chance at a 3HKO can be crippling to Claydol. This guy pretty much rolls through whatever is thrown at him.

Starmie “LordSavior”

Nature: Modest

EV Spread: 4 Def / 252 Special Attack / 252 Spe

- Surf

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

- Recover

Explanation: My sweet, sweet revenge killer. The need for timid is not present as it will almost always be outsped by Swellow. Only a 252+ Slaking or Raichu can speed tie it from this list as well. The moveset is there to hit hard and hit fast, limiting Linoone from setting-up on it and sweeping through everything else that might be hurt. It needs to watch out for banded Swellow, as well as Endure + Salac Raichu.  

Raichu “FailSafe”

Nature: Hasty

EV Spread: 144 Attack / 112 SpAttack / 252 Spe

Held Item: Salac Berry

- Thunderbolt

- Extremespeed

- Surf

- Endure

Explanation: If Linoone ever gets that opportunity to Belly Drum and beat my entire team with +2 STAB priority then I better have an option to stopping it. Both Shuckle and Sableye are built to live a +6 Iron Tail, but the likelihood of them facing Linoone at full health is unlikely (also, how da hell is Shuckle going to revenge kill it?) So Raichu is going to carry Surf to hit Donphan and Claydol, Tbolt for that reliable STAB that puts a beating on almost everything listed, and also Extremespeed to beat a rampaging Linoone. If that Linoone carried Salac then I will Endure to activate my own to ensure that I can beat it. I need to be wary of Vileplume though which walls this mouse to all hell.

Linoone “WinButton”

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Pick-Up

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Def

Held Item: Sitrus Berry

- Extremespeed

- Return

- Iron Tail

- Belly Drum

Explanation: I don’t need speed because I outspeed everything with Extremespeed (well almost everything, hello Raichu and other Linoone). I don’t need speed because whatever I’m hitting with Iron Tail is going to be slower than me. I don’t need speed because whatever I’m hitting with Return (Hi Bulky Claydol) is going to be slower than me. So what do I do? I pack it full of HP and throw on Sitrus Berry to give it an even wider list of things to set-up on. Playing against an offensive team will make it difficult for me to set-up, but fortunately every team is going to carry Shuckle and thus I have an opportunity there. My Sableye carries Mean Look + Taunt, which means if a Shuckle ever decides to get brave against my Sableye then I can trap it with Mean Look and Taunt it into oblivion. A Taunted Shuckle can’t do anything but hurt itself and thus I simply switch in my Linoone, hit Belly Drum and proceed to sweep with +2 priority STAB Extremespeed. If I can’t touch you with Extremespeed then Iron Tail does a damn good job. If I can’t kill you with either of those, then STAB Return will finish the job because honestly, you are going to be slower than me if you live a +6 STAB Espeed. So there you have it, my instant win clause. Also a Linoone at ~75% health after Sitrus Berry lives a Raichu Espeed, even after a Leichi boost. So prepare to be swept my young padawans.

[/spoiler]

Summary: A nasty set of pokes that all sadly fall victim to Linoone. I believe I had designed a fairly promising method of handling Linoone while also sweeping with it myself. The plan is to be overly offensive to avoid the Belly Drum and hope someone else doesn’t have a similar strategy.

Thanks for checking this out!

EDIT: IGN DoubleJ

Edited by DoubleJ

IGN: ThinkNice

[spoiler]Tier overview:

Linoone.

Team:

Prevent LINOONE

Shuckle @ Leftovers

Bold Nature

- Wrap

- Encore

- Toxic

- Protect

Our mandatory Pokémon, Shuckle doesn’t bring much and will most likely just function as set/item scouter as well as sleep absorber. Wrap is nice to prevent double switching and Encore makes it impossible for Linoone to Belly Drum on Shuckle.

Linoone @ Choice Band

Ability: Pickup

Jolly Nature

- Extreme Speed

- Return

- Thief

- Iron Tail

People will heavily prepare for whatever Drumloon there will be. I make mine max speed so I can revenge Adamant Linoone with Banded Espeed. Going Band is a nice surprise for people that might expect a Sub or Drum and go for Encore. Thief is a key move that gets rid of Leftover recovery on switch ins so this team can start peeling away at it very slowly.

Starmie @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 52 SpA / 204 Spe

Timid Nature

- Psychic

- Thunderbolt

- Recover

- Reflect

The speed is there to outpace max speed 100s like Slaking and Linoone. Starmie cannot prevent a Linoone from Drumming if it runs a Sitrus because even with max Modest Starmie does not hit hard enough to prevent the Drum. However with Reflect Starmie does two things, it makes Linoone Drumming way less effective and it also doesn’t become complete Pursuit fodder for Slaking. Reflect is a major help against CB Crawdaunt, Machamp and Donphan too, so I’d like to keep it up most of the time. I chose for Psychic and Thunderbolt because the only thing Surf was hitting was Claydol and Donphan which I have good answers for.

Claydol @ Leftovers

EVs: 228 HP / 176 SpA / 104 Spe

Modest Nature

- Explosion

- Psychic

- Shadow Ball

- Protect

Modest is way more punishing to Donphan which can be quite a problem in the tier and to this team overall, it also shits on Vileplume, Machamp and SB can surprise Starmie and opposing Claydol decently. Protect is there so that Slaking can’t do anything to it. The SpA EVs are set there so that max HP Linoone cannot setup on Claydol on switching in, with 2 hits doing a minimum of 82% which means Sitrus can’t save Linoone any longer. The speed outpaces Adamant Crawdaunt if I feel like it’s time to go boom, while also outpacing Adamant Machamp.

Vileplume @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 SpD

Modest Nature

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain

- Aromatherapy

- Sleep Powder

Because hitting things hard is fun. This thing mainly stops Raichu and fairs decently against Golduck. Preventing the 2HKO with Ice Beam on the switch with the investment. Hitting back fairly hard. Counters Claydol and Sableye. I choose for Aromatherapy over Leech Seed in case I somehow get frozen by Ice Beams or para’d with Tbolts. Which should be pretty common with Raichu, Golduck and Starmie.

Raichu @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD

Calm Nature

- Wish

- Protect

- Encore

- Thunderbolt

This thing.. THIS THING, is here because I needed an answer to the almighty special sweepers Golduck and Starmie in the tier. Nothing can really stop these two aside from this beauty. Even max Spdef Sableye falls to the Modest Star. Protect also works nicely against Slaking again. It works out really well that this Raichu is slow as it will outslow almost if not all Linoone and can Encore them into Sub or Drum. Encore also traps CM Duck. The added defensive EVs are there to live a CB Return from Jolly Swellow. Also makes me live Jolly +1 Crawdaunt, 50/50 on Adamant.

Offensive threats:

#1 Linoone: My whole freakin’ team is designed so this thing doesn’t shit on everything.

#2 Slaking: Sponsored by Durex

#3 Starmie: This thing is so annoying, if I predict it won’t go for Psychic Vileplume will do really well against it. Raichu can handle every attack well. Raichu in combination with Vileplume will shut this one down.

#4 Golduck: Golduck is really scary,  but again Linoone can check it as well as the special core #RaichuFlowerpower

#5 Crawdaunt: STAB CB Crunch is scary as phuck as only Machamp and Crawdaunt himself resist it. It’s absolutely key to keep Reflect up or keep Vileplume healthy. They key is to not let it switch in though and the majority of my Pokémon are capable of that while the other two; Shuckle and Claydol both have tools to keep it save. I don’t think Crawdaunt will be very popular though, especially the DD set as it gets completely eaten alive by Slaking, Linoone, Raichu and Vileplume.

#6 Machamp: There are too many answers for this for it to be threatening.

#7 Donphan: Definitely scary with CB EQ, the only reason I have Claydol on my team.

Defensive threats:

#1 Shuckle: Sike!

#2 Donphan: Handled by Claydol and Vileplume, Shuckle too to an extent.

#3 Sableye: I don’t feel like it can do enough, if it tries to CM I have Raichu if it tries to poison I have Vileplume, all in all, not threatening.

#4 Vileplume: There aren’t really any answers to Vileplume aside from ehm.. well your own Vileplume.

#5 Claydol: Also gets shreckt by Vileplume and Starmie and my own Claydol.[/spoiler]

fix your spoiler m8, otherwise noice

Edited by shervinz

Some things for Zebra:

4 Atk Donphan Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Linoone: 158-186 (85.4 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 4 SpD Starmie: 114-134 (83.8 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Golduck: 116-140 (74.3 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

can't imagine linoone would be full hp after belly drumming, inb4 resto chesto belly drum linoone. I was doing some calcs in a bit of a hurry and probably made a few mistakes, think i was calcing tbolt vs starmie with a raichu with sp atk investment by accident

IGN: Winterbrah

R I P remain contenders. My entry:

[spoiler]

Shuckle "Rose"

Nature: Naive

EV Spread: 252 speed 252 special attack 4 attack

- Bide

- Hidden Power Dark

- Swagger

- Constrict

The last thing the enemy Shuckle will be expecting is a special sweeper speed based counterpart, this poke already has enough tankiness making the speed investment an extremelly viable choice, bide is used to scare off its biggest threats in beedrill and exploud, the naive nature is to ensure that it can use the old constrict/hp dark combo to its fullest and making it an extremelly powerful mixed-attacker.

Beedrill "Sit"

Nature Adamant

Ability Swarm

EV Spread: 252 att 252 speed 4 hp

- Agility

- Swords Dance

- Attract

- Poison Sting

Self-explanatory, we need a strong physical attacker and what better than a Beedrill boosted by Swords Dance AND Choice band, Poison Sting is to mess with bulky waters on the switch (Starmie/Golduck) with its poison chance.

Exploud "On"

Nature: Sassy

Ability: Sound-Proof

EV Spread: 252 Hp 252 Spdef 4 def

- Endure

- Counter

- Defence Curl

- Rollout

Endure and Counter to stall enough time for the Defence Curl / Rollout combo to sweep their whole team, its normal typing makes it great to wall any special threats and counter is used to surprised physical attackers, an all-round powerful poke.

Slaking "My"

Nature: Serious

Ability: Bold

EV Spread: 252 HP 252 Def

- Amnesia

- Slack Off

- Bulk Up

- Facade

With its titanic HP stat and low spdef, its best to invest most EVs and nature into it, after one amnesia and bulk up slaking becomes very hard to handle, and the threat of facade will foil any plans of wearing it down with poison, uncounterable gg.

Golduck "Face"

Ability: Cloud 9

EV Spread: 252 Speed 252 Spatt

- Encore

- Surf

- Waterfall

- Whirlpool

You never know when you might run out of PP on your Go-To STAB water move, so we included surf and made golduck a strong mixed attacker, encore + choice band might seem odd at first but its great to make your opponent feel like hes choice banded as well but without the attack boost, so basically you > your opponent. Cloud Nine to handle the overpowered gen 3 weather.

Swalot "Pls"

Ability: Sticky Hold

EV Spread: 252 Speed 252 Attack

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain

- HP Dark

- Fire Punch

All-out attacker with insane coverage, its also already naturally bulky so it will be extremelly hard to handle, you can also use him to sweep the E4 after sweeping your opponent ! Great multi-purpose poke, a must have in every team.

[/spoiler]

how do you use choice band and swords dance (on beedrill)? im confused, wouldn't you be stuck using SD until you switch out or die?

EDIT: Also 10/10 names

EDIT 2: nvm after reading the shuckle part I got the point lol

Edited by shervinz

My Entry 

IGN JIce

[spoiler]

Raichu

Naive

Static

EV Spread: 84 speed 252 attack 174 HP

Held Item: Leichi Berry

- Wish

- Extreme Speed

- Fake Out

- Endure

This is a very weird set but I like it due to the fact that it is very unexpected and can do a lot of damage. This pokemon could also open the match due to its 2 priority moves. I didn't put any def EVs because I want to endure so I can eat the leichi berry. After one hit from a fake out, then extreme speed, then enduring, then extreme speeding again could kill a lot of pokes. This poke could also be used as a sweeper to kill any leftover pokes with low HP after sableye is killed or any other counters. It can also be used to take a hit and wish for the team. I gave it 84 speed just to outspeed an adamant linoone because a lot of linoones run with extremespeed as well. Only things that can 100% wall this is shuckle and sableye so hopefully they are dead before you take this out.

Calcs for Raichu

[spoiler]

Taking Hits

[spoiler]

252 SpA Life Orb Golduck Surf vs. 174 HP / 84 SpD Raichu: 93-111 (59.2 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Vileplume Giga Drain vs. 174 HP / 84 SpD Raichu: 51-61 (32.4 - 38.8%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO

0 SpA Swalot Sludge Bomb vs. 174 HP / 84 SpD Raichu: 43-52 (27.3 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 Atk Claydol Earthquake vs. 174 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 134-162 (85.3 - 103.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (Endure)

248+ Atk Machamp Earthquake vs. 174 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 200-236 (127.3 - 150.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Endure)

[/spoiler]

Before leichi is eaten

[spoiler]

252+ Atk Raichu Fake Out vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 25-30 (16 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO

252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 49-58 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 79.7% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Raichu Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Vileplume: 22-27 (12 - 14.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Vileplume: 45-53 (24.7 - 29.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Raichu Fake Out vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Swalot: 18-22 (10.2 - 12.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Swalot: 35-42 (19.8 - 23.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Raichu Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Claydol: 16-19 (9.5 - 11.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252+ Atk Raichu Fake Out vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 24-29 (12.3 - 14.8%) -- possible 7HKO

[/spoiler]

After Leichi is eaten

[spoiler]

+2 252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 96-114 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Vileplume: 89-105 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Swalot: 70-83 (39.7 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Claydol: 60-71 (35.9 - 42.5%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Raichu ExtremeSpeed vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 94-111 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Starmie

Timid

Natural Cure

EV Spread: 6 HP 252 Special Attack 252 Speed

- Surf

- Recover

- Thunderbolt

- Psychic

Quite regular Starmie but instead of Ice beam, i put recover for HP recovery and also because there aren't any dragon types or anything to use ice beam on that surf and thunderbolt can't cover already. Also since my starmie covers so much, it can be my special hitter. 

Calcs for starmie

[spoiler]

252 SpA Starmie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vileplume: 102-120 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery 

252 SpA Starmie Psychic vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Machamp: 150-176 (80.2 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Slaking: 91-108 (40.4 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Starmie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 152-180 (73.4 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Linoone: 96-114 (55.4 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Starmie: 98-116 (72.5 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (May the RNG be ever in your favor)

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Claydol: 110-132 (65.8 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

[/spoiler]

Crawdaunt

Adamant

Shell Armor

EV Spread: 6 HP 252 ATK 252 SPEED

- Dragon Dance

- Crabhammer

- Crunch

- Superpower

Crawdaunt is my physical sweeper with 1 DD it can outspeed and kill almost anything. But before it can DD it is a little weak and can't kill much, so i would recommend bringing it out a little early.

calcs for crawdaunt

[spoiler]

No DD

[spoiler]

252+ Atk Crawdaunt Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Donphan: 92-110 (46.7 - 55.8%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 66-78 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume on a critical hit: 64-76 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- 82.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Claydol on a critical hit: 228-270 (136.5 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 87-103 (55.7 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[/spoiler]

After 1 DD

[spoiler]

+1 252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Donphan on a critical hit: 308-366 (156.3 - 185.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle on a critical hit: 192-228 (152.3 - 180.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume on a critical hit: 96-114 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Golduck on a critical hit: 147-174 (94.2 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Shuckle

Careful

Sturdy

EV Spread: 252 HP 196 SDEF 62 DEF

- Knock Off

- Rest

- Toxic

- Encore

Very simple and regular set for shuckle except that I am using him as a spdef wall. 

Too lazy to run calcs for this because it walls a lot and its weaknesses are well known.

Donphan "RNG go"

Impish

Ability

EV Spread: 252 HP 162 DEF 96 SPDEF

Held Item:

- Earthquake

- Ancient Power

- Toxic

- Knock Off

Donphan is my physical wall. It has some spdef to not get ohkoed by vile's giga drain. the rest go to HP and def for walling. IT simply is a wall so I didn't really try calcing it hitting other pokemon. The Rock Slide and EQ are to get rid of pokemon trying to set up or something and knock off is simply for items and starmie. My donphan really doesn't get ohkoed by a lot of things only a few that could be dangering it are pokemon like starmie or golduck. 

calcs for donphan

[spoiler]

252+ Atk Machamp Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 162+ Def Donphan on a critical hit: 99-117 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Vileplume Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Donphan: 164-194 (83.2 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Claydol Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Donphan: 68-80 (34.5 - 40.6%) -- 42.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 162+ Def Donphan: 122-146 (61.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Raichu Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Donphan: 78-92 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 162+ Def Donphan: 138-163 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 162+ Def Donphan: 175-207 (88.8 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Return vs. 252 HP / 162+ Def Donphan: 114-135 (57.8 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Guts Swellow Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 162+ Def Donphan: 93-109 (47.2 - 55.3%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Golduck Surf vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Donphan: 170-204 (86.2 - 103.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

[/spoiler]

Machamp "Crit plz"

Adamant

Guts

EV Spread: 252 HP 252 Attack 6 Speed

Held Item: Choice band

- Cross Chop 

- Ice Punch

- Thunder Punch

- Earthquake

I recommend this as the opening pokemon just to hit hard and maybe take in a hit. My machamp has earthquake instead or rock slide or fire punch to cover for pokemon like shuckle and swalot. This is a very simple and hard hitting set. Doesn't really need any speed EVs because the pokemon given have a lower speed base stat and usually don't invest speed or the pokemon have a way higher base stat that machamp can't reach.

calcs for machamp

[spoiler]

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 162-192 (120 - 142.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Donphan on a critical hit: 183-216 (92.8 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Shuckle on a critical hit: 91-108 (71.6 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Thunder Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt: 162-192 (116.5 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Cross Chop vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt: 320-380 (230.2 - 273.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 114-136 (62.6 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 174-206 (112.2 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Cross Chop vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking on a critical hit: 426-504 (189.3 - 224%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Cross Chop vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 284-336 (126.2 - 149.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Claydol: 100-118 (59.8 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Starmie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Machamp: 150-176 (76.1 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 160-189 (81.2 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

This took forever

IGN: overToasted

[spoiler]

Shuckle (FEAR ME)

CAREFUL

STURDY

EV Spread: 252HP 252ATK 6SPD

- Defense Curl
- Rollout
- Toxic
- Rest

Who doesn't love a defense curl rollout shuckle? 5 rolls of rollout hurts, defense curl boosts it's defense to high levels, rest heals you and toxic stalls as you defense curl up. 6 spd to speed creep

Vileplume

CALM

CHLOROPHYLL

EV Spread: 252HP / 252SDEF / 6SPD

-Aromatherapy
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis

Shuckle needs that aromatherapy when it rests so it can come back and complete the rollout again, max sdef to counterpart with shuckle as a core.

Starmie

Timid

Natural Cure

EV Spread: 68 HP / 228 SATK / 212 SPD

-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Recover

68 HP to survive adamant CB return from swellow, and 212 SPD with a timid nature ensures it outspeeds adamant swellow and kills it with a thunderbolt. Surf/Thunderbolt/Psychic covers all pokemon listed, recover for healing. It also provides support for shuckle if rollout is resisted.
228 SpA Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Swellow: 294-346 (112.2 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Swellow Return vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 235-277 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Linoone

Adamant

Pickup

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 6 DEF

Held Item: Sitrus Berry

-Belly Drum
-Extremespeed
-Return
-Thief

Belly drum linoone is practically unstoppable to stop, baring sableye. Extremespeed kills anything that outspeeds it, as return kills the bulkier pokes, a base 100 speed is not to be joked about. Thief hits sableye and steals an item after sitrus is used, as choice band may be an option.

Sableye (STOP LINOONE)

Impish

Keen Eye

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SPD

-Counter
-Recover
-Brick Break
-Faint Attack

Counter is used to stop linoone at max attack, retaliating while surviving thief to prevent the sweep. Brick break and faint attack for coverage.
+6 252+ Atk Linoone Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye: 164-194 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Crawdaunt [LEAD]

Adamant

Hyper Cutter

EV Spread: 6 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

-Crabhammer
-Crunch
-Superpower
-Double Edge

Lead, max ATK and SPD with a choice band to hit hard. Hit anything slower hard, hit the switch or lead hard aswell.

Explanation: Gimmick defense curl rollout shuckle is OP when it is unprepared for. The team is built around to support shuckle, do some damage at the start of the game, and KO any pokemon that stop rollout shuckle, such as claydol, machamp, donphan.

[/spoiler]

Edited by Toast

My 2nd Entry...

[spoiler]

Shuckle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Encore
- Knock off
- Rest
- Protect
Toxic is risky with Machamp/Swellow and kinda useless with other 3 poison types in this "mini tier", encore is for dealing with bulky things,Protect is for scouting. Shuckle has nice defs but certainly is week to DD crawdaunt 

Slaking @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 S.Def / 252 Speed
Truant
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch

Swalot @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 52 Atk / 200 Def / 252 SpD
Sticky Hold
Careful Nature
- Yawn
- Encore
- Pain Split
- Explosion
Knock off everywhere! Swalot doesn't share anything! Yawn for the next switch, Swalot can handle 1 Psy Stab from Modest Starmie, Explosion when you can't go on.

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 SpD
Levitate
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Reflect
Probably surprises in between switches, reflect covers pursuit, Signal beam make a nice damage on Crawdaunt/Starmie/Claydol

Starmie @ TwistedSpoon
Natural Cure
EVs: 4/ Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
TwistedSpoon makes Psy OKHO a Machamp with almost full HP and a little SpD invested, TW since Ice Beam is not needed... a real sweeper.

Raichu @ Liechi Berry
Static
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Flail
- Endure
- Extreme Speed
I do believe in this kinda sweeper although Flail isn't going to hurt pretty much, even with liechi, but YOLO

Explanation: I will lead with Slaking, even if it could be easy to my opponent predict or scout me with protect. Swalot is mostly for cover me against knock off and explode on starmie. Shuckle laughs on Slaking/Swellow and maybe Linoone/Raichu. Claydol can be played against donphan (if not CB), 1 calm mind could be dangerous if the other pokemon is crippled. Starmie and Raichu are merely sweepers. I din't consider toxic cause guts.

[/spoiler]

Edited by karimologia

IGN: Gbwead

[spoiler]1. Shuckle

Nature: Careful
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

- Knock off
- Encore
- Sunny day
- Rest

As a lead, sunny day shuckle allows vileplume to set quite nicely with chlorophyll. Encore is there to prevent bellydrum linoone. Knock removes dangerous choice band. Toxic seems to be somehow not really useful with all starmie, swellow, machamp, vileplume and swalot in this tier.

2. Vileplume

EV Spread: 252 SpA/ 220 Speed / 38 HP

- Sunny day
- Solarbeam
- Charm
- Hidden power Fire

Vileplume as a fast and powerful special sweeper doesn't seem to be wall by anyone beside Swalot. He can even removes Swellow physical damage with Charm. The double coverage Grass (solarbeam) and Fire (hidden power fire) seems to take care of pretty much every significant threath in the tier.

3. Starmie

EV Spread:252 SpA / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Held Item: Salac Berry

- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Psychic
- Recover

Since thunderbolt from a timid starmie brings another starmie low enough to activate a salac berry, it seemed to be a good idea to play a starmie that can do more damage. Beside this small change, it is a regular offensive starmie with recover.

4. Donphan

Nature:Impish
EV Spread:252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Knock off

Donphan is in this team as a physical wall who can protect the special wall Swalot. Since there is only Swellow and Claydol that resist ground moves in this tier, earthquake should deal a lot of damage most of the time. Superpower is here to deal with crawdaunt and any normal type. Knock off is there mainly to remove choice band from strong physical attackers.

5. Crawdaunt

Ability: Hypper Cutter
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 180 Speed / 78 HP
Held Item: Lum berry

- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Crabhammer
- Aeral Ace

This is a pretty regular dragon dance Crawdaunt. He has aeral ace for a better coverage in this tier. He is slightly more tanky than an usual crawdaunt because he only needs 180 speed with 2 DD in order to outspeed Swellow. Hypper Cutter is to prevent any charm user to make crawdaunt weak.

6. Swalot

Nature: Calm
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 SpA

- Amnesia
- Encore
- Pain Split
- Sludgebomb

Swallot is the special wall of this team. Amnesia allows him to even wall psychic attackers. As for liquid ooze, it is to counter giga drain and leech seed from vileplume. Without Swalot, leech seed would just regenerate all the other pokemons all the time (especially shuckle). Sludgebomb is there because it is the strongest damagign attack Swalot has. As for pain split, this wall needs a way to regenerate his hit points. And Encore is the to prevent linoone to set up.[/spoiler]

Edited by lamerb

My entry, thanks for reading!

[spoiler]

Nothing “wins” versus Starmie, so you won’t see it mentioned much other than the revenge killing Slaking. Also Shuckle walls all of the physical attackers and the trapping shuckle can take down any one physical attacker. 

The idea is to use Slaking to kill opponent's Starmie, then using my Starmie to severely weaken the rest of the team. While switching to defensive match-ups with favor the defensive pokemon. Eventually wearing down the opponent to be vulnerable to either a Linoone or Donphan Sweep.

Starmie Killer: Slaking
QuiteAdamant
HP: 252
Attack: 252
Item: Silk Scarf
Moveset: Return, Rockslide, Slackoff, Yawn

Comments: The only pokemon that can kill Starmie in the group. Slaking has to withstand a Starmie hydro Pump then 1hko with Return. Rock Slide and Return cover the whole tier, so utility moves in the other two slots.

Defensive Cleric: Vileplume
Defense: 252
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Giga, Aroma, sleep powder, synth

Comments: A simple Cleric set. Still enough special defense to counter Raichu. It can be brought in on most physical attackers and use aromatherapy. Donphan and Crawdaunt are vulnerable to grass so most will switch letting Vileplume get a clean sleep powder off.

Defensive Wall: Shuckle
Def: 252
Item: Chesto
Moveset: Toxic, Bind, Rest, Protect

Comments: Toxic on switch in. If the switch in is doable, bind. Protect, bind, repeat until Rest. Starmie forces you to switch but not too much else.

Special Attacker: Starmie
Special Attack: 252
Speed: 252
Item: Lum
Moveset: Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Recover

Comments: Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic 2hkno (or better) the group. Recover just incase since ice beam isn’t needed.

Late Game Sweep: Linoone
HP:152
Speed: 100
Item: Salic Berry
Moveset: Extreme Speed, Substitue, Iron Tail, Belly Drum

Comments: Substitute the Belly Drum activates Salic Berry. Once salic activates, linoone has 200 speed and can sweep the tier. Iron Tail 1hko Shuckle once 6+.

PS. This ev set up out speeds all the other Linoone posted up to this point.

Defensive Attacker: Donphan
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Knock Off, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Iron Defense

Comments: Earthquake and Iron Tail cover a lot. Once Starmie is dead, this guy can grab an Iron Defense against the rest of the group, except golduck.

Side thoughts: I initially thought of running a special attacker Slaking, but then I realized it was the only pokemon capable of beating starmie. Sableye seems like it has a place, but all the special attackers thrash it. Raichu is nearly useable, but I couldn't justify Starmie and Raichu with all these nice physical attackers.
[/spoiler]

Edited by Undrdatree

Yesterday was a pretty tough list to work with, Shuckle can be difficult to team build with especially when there is the dangerous Linoone always lurking as a threat. We enjoyed seeing a nice variety of teams with various different strategies, I personally was pleasantly surprised to see how diverse all of the entries were. Before I announce today's list I will go over the winner, runner up and a little list of honourable mentions. Congratulations to all!

List two winner- DoubleJ

DoubleJ identified the key threat in this list (Linoone) and ensured that this team could deal with it. The Sableye set was ingenious, especially as I expected to see it being used to run the popular calm mind set we are used to seeing. The judges liked how DoubleJ had come up with a clear strategy to allow the Linoone to set up and sweep instead of just adding it to the team and hoping for the best. I personally liked how DoubleJ turned potential weaknesses in the team into potential strengths, for example the fact that Swellow out speeds Starmie prompted him to go for a Modest nature instead which will ultimately hit a lot harder. This is a good lesson to learn as a new competitive player- a lot of people will just use the most popular nature for a certain Pokemon every time even if in some cases it is not needed. It was interesting to see that DoubleJ had used a majority of Pokemon that are or have recently been UU, as a great UU player it was nice to see him stick with what he knows best and play to his strengths. Overall this entry had a clear focus and explanation for certain choices were given in a concise way that really helped judges understand his team. 

Runner Up- BlueBreath

The judges were very impressed with the team that BlueBreath put together, especially using the combo of Vileplume and Crawdaunt to take down the threatening Starmie. It was nice to see a dual screening Claydol, which would not only provide extra defences for itself but for other members of the team too, perhaps even aiding Crawdaunt to set up with Dragon Dance. 

Machamp was a surprise as we did not expect to see many of those about because of Swellow being a threat to it and also perhaps a superior Guts abuser with Shuckle present on every team. So it was nice to see Machamp getting some love, especially now that it has access to the popular elemental punches. Overall this was a nicely put together team with some surprising editions that we felt worked nicely together so good job, BlueBreath! :)

Honourable Mentions

BurntZebra- The king of stall is back but luckily there is not time clause this time round. ;) I personally liked that BurntZebra made use of Slaking as there were a lot of other physical attackers in the list and I felt this one would get ignored. The judges look forward to seeing what more Zebra comes up with.

ThinkNice- ThinkNice continues to use his competitive knowledge and experience to put together well thought out teams. This time we really liked that he steered away from Belly Drum on Linoone and went for a Choice Band set. Nice one, Think!

JIce- A well thought out entry that impressed us all, we loved that JIce had taken the time to make so many damage calculations and we look forward to seeing any future entries.

KarimtheOne- Judges were especially impressed with the Swalot set, which made a nice change from the generic Giga Drain/ Sludge Bomb ones that we have become accustomed to seeing. We also liked the use of Twisted Spoon and a status move on Starmie. 

uAIX8wo.png

Mandatory Pokemon 

You must include this Pokemon in your team

038.gif

Team Choices

You will pick 5 of the following Pokemon to make up the rest of your team

GGLpNie.png

Will also add to the op!

IGN: Kizhaz

[spoiler]

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This Ninetales set works similarly to the sub-sable Gengar set. With the plethora of possible Choice banders in the group, Disable helps keep them at bay alongside Ninetales impressive speed stat only Crobat and manectric outspeed, with Other Ninetales and Tentacruel as possible speed ties. Out of those four pokemon Crobat is the only one with a threatening CB set and the other three have other checks/counters in my team. Fire Blast is there for big STAB hits and Hidden power grass to stop Swampert for getting a free switch. HP Grass is a 2hko on Swamperts not invested in sp.defence. The EV spread used has 252 speed to make sure you outspeed and get off the substitute, 100 in HP for bulk and hitting an HP number where the maximum leftovers is recovered and at the same time the lowest damage taken from status effects. The rest in Sp.Atk to power up the Fire blast and Hidden power. 

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 172 HP / 12 Atk / 68 Def / 236 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

A somewhat special wall in the team, Hariyama can take the multitudes of electric, fire and grass hits in the group with the bonus of Thick Fat to help out on the fire and ice hits. Bulk up raises its atk and def which Superpower lowers. The 80% accurate Cross chop was an option as was Brick Break however they both are no match for Superpowers power. There are alot of pokemon that can stop the set up too so getting off a Superpower and switching out is an option. Ice and Thunder punch are great coverage moves that hit everything in the group for neutral or super effective damage. Like Ninetales, Hariyama also has a specific HP investment to recover the most from leftovers and suffer the least from status. 68 Def to hit 89, making it 133 after a bulk up which alongside his massive HP stat makes it hard to whittle away at, 12 Atk to hit 213 after 1 Bulk up, 236 sp.def which gets 2 stat points for 1 EV point and allows him to take hits on the special side and 20 speed to outspeed any other Hariyama not running speed as well as -speed Swampert.

Weezing @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 76 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

A basic physically defensive Weezing. It can take on any physical Attacker in the group w/out problem. Will-O-Wisp is standard and with no Cleric available can be devastating to anything that isn't Guts Hariyama. Haze can stop Bulk Up Hariyama, Curse Swampert, SD Shiftry and SD Tentacruel in their tracks. Sludge Bomb is a great STAB and is only resisted by Sandslash, Tentacruel, Weezing, Swampert and Crobat. Along side SBomb is tbolt to get coverage on 3 of the 5 pokes that SBomb was resisted by, as well as the many water types in the group.

Sharpedo @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Destiny Bond

Something I originally had as a CB pokemon, I opted for the Destiny Bond set instead as Weezing, Peliper and Swampert all stop the CB set dead. Crunch and Waterfall for STAB and Earthquake as the final option, the 3 resisted only by Shiftry allows for good coverage on the rest of the group and along with Adamant Nature can hit really hard. At base 95 speed the only thing Jolly had a chance to outspeed was other Sharpedo otherwise Adamant outspeeds all the same. Destiny Bond is there to rid of threats and walls such as Swampert and even Weezing and along with Salac Berry can snag some of the faster pokemon as well. 252 Atk and Speed to hit hard and outspeed.

Manectric @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Manectric has great coverage on every pokemon in the group besides Swampert. Thunderbolt has powerful STAB, Flamethrower hits Shiftry and Hidden Power Grass for 2hko's on Swampert and Sandslash. Substitute is there to avoid status as well as activating the Petaya Berry. Lightning Rod as the superior ability gives Manectric +1 Sp.Atk when switched into electric hits. 252 Speed and Sp.Atk to outspeed the entire tier besides Crobat and hit hard.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 140 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 44 SpA / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Mirror Coat

The final choice in my team is Swampert because of its great overall bulk. I have Toxic which only Tentacruel, Crobat and Weezing are unaffected by and to an extent Refresh Corsola, with no Clerics Toxic can prove to be troublesome. Earthquake for powerful physical STAB, Hydro Pump to 2hko Weezings and can be detrimental in Torrent range and finally Mirror Coat, which may help Swampert get into Torrent range. With the abundance of grass moves in the group (HP Grass Manectric, Ninetales, Lunatone, Corsola? Giga Drain Tentacruel, Crobat and Leaf Blade Shiftry) Mirror Coat can stop all besides shiftry which can be handled with Weezing. 140 HP again hits a specific HP number that takes minimum status damage and maximum leftovers recovery, alongside this is 244 Sp.Def and Sassy Nature. This allows Swampert to live a +1 HP grass from Manectric, the most powerful special grass hit in the group, an retaliate with EQ/Mirror Coat. 44 Sp.Atk investment allows Swamperts Hydro Pump to have a 60% chance to 2hko Weezing, guarenteed if torrent boosted. 76 Def to still take physical hits relitively well, although Weezing will more than likely be the better option physically and the extra 4 in Atk to give Earthquake a little boost.

TL;DR: Winning team, thanks for reading :)

[/spoiler]

IGN : lilyek

My entry : 

[spoiler]Ninetales (lead) :
Nature : Calm.
Ability : Flash Fire.
EV spread : 252 Hp / 252 Sp.Def / 6 Speed.
- Move slot 1 : Flamethrower.
- Move slot 2 : Pain Split.
- Move slot 3 : Sunny Day.
- Move slot 4 : Will-O-Wisp.

Special staller version principaly to use Sunny Day for Shiftry ability, and lowered physical sweeper power with Wil-O-Wisp. 

Tentacruel :
Nature : Modest.
Ability : Liquid Ooze.
Held item : Chesto berry.
- Move slot 1 : Surf.
- Move slot 2 : Giga Drain.
- Move slot 3 : Ice Beam.
- Move slot 4 : Rest.

Special sweeper version for a max coverage.

Swampert :
Nature : Impish.
Ability : Torrent.
EV spread : 136 Hp / 122 Atk / 252 Def.
Held item : Leftover.
- Move slot 1 : Waterfall.
- Move slot 2 : Earthquake.
- Move slot 3 : Ice Punch.
- Move slot 4 : Protect.

Basic physical sweeper/staller nothing more to say.

Shiftry :
Ability : Chlorophyll.
- Move slot 1 : Sword Dance.
- Move slot 2 : Leaf Blade.
- Move slot 3 : Quick Attack.
- Move slot 4 : Explosion.

Combinated with Ninetale's Sunny Day, and if it will be able to place at least one Sword Dance, it is a really great physical sweeper. Explosion is here to stop Weezing.

Lunatone :
Ability : Levitate.
EV spread : 244 Hp / 252 Def / 14 Speed.
- Move slot 1 : Calm Mind.
- Move slot 2 : Psychic.
- Move slot 3 : Hidden Power Fight.
- Move slot 4 : Reflect.

After few CM it will probably be hard to stop, and can kill all the opponent team.

Manectric :
Nature : Timid.
Ability : Lightning Rod.
Held item : Petaya berry.
- Move slot 1 : Hidden Power Grass.
- Move slot 2 : Flamethrower.
- Move slot 3 : Thunderbolt.
- Move slot 4 : Substitute.

Classic special sweeper with a great coverage.[/spoiler]

Edited by lilyek

IGN: SweeTforU

My entry:         

Ninetales

Ability: Flash fire

EV Spread: 252 Speed, 252 Special attack, 6 Special def

- Move slot 1: Sunny day

- Move slot 2: Flamethrower

- Move slot 3: Solarbeam

- Move slot 4: Calm mind

Great special sweeper with Sunny day set. Solarbeam to sweep Swamperts and Calm mind to be even more offensive + defensive.

Azumarill

Ability: Huge power

EV Spread: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Speed

Held Item: Choice band

- Move slot 1: Superpower

- Move slot 2: Waterfall

- Move slot 3: Ice punch

- Move slot 4: Double edge

One of the strongest pokemons in the game, Holding choice band to be REALLY powerful.

Stab waterfall will hurt really good, and with Superpower, Ice punch and Double edge, Azumarill looks like the strongest poke around.

Weezing          

EV Spread: 252 Def, 252 HP, 6 Sp. Attack

- Move slot 1: Will-O-Wisp

- Move slot 2: Sludge bomb

- Move slot 3: Thunderbolt

- Move slot 4: Haze

Really good Physical tank With great Set and with haze to counter all the set up moves. Can also be great counter to banded lee.

Sandslash

Ability: Sand veil

EV Spread: 252 Attack, 100 HP, 120 Def, 36 Speed

- Move slot 1: Earthquake

- Move slot 2: Rock slide

- Move slot 3: Substitute

- Move slot 4: Sword dance

Strong defensive Sandslash with sub and Sword dance set up can hurt really hard all the  other pokes.

Manectric

Ability: Lighting Rod

EV Spread: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP

Held Item: Petaya Berry

- Move slot 1: Thunderbolt

- Move slot 2: Overheat

- Move slot 3: Hidden power (Grass)

- Move slot 4: signal beam

Lighting Rod ability + 4 type of moves make Manectric great special sweeper. WIth great stab Tbolt ,hp grass, signal beam and overheat to get rid of annoying pokes manectric seems really good.

Shiftry

EV Spread: 252 Attack, 100 Speed, 78 HP, 78 Def

Held Item: Liechi berry

- Move slot 1: Sword dance

- Move slot 2: Faint attack

- Move slot 3: Leaf blade

- Move slot 4: Explosion

Great sunny day attacker with Sword dance set up and powerful move set + Explosion to get rid of pokes u cant counter.

Good luck guys ^^

Edited by SweeTforU

Assessment: A lot of Grass weaknesses (Swampert, Sharpedo, Azumarril, Lunatone, and Sandslash) and with the mandatory pokemon being Ninetales I can see Sunny Day becoming a popular entity with this group of pokemon, especially with Shiftry sitting there all nice and happy. A big heavy hitter here is Hitmonlee, but fortunately a few of the listed pokes provide a solid answer to that ever impressive STAB CB Superpower. Going to be a fun build today, as I can see a pretty decent number of combinations here (jk, stall is going to win out I think).

My Team:

[spoiler]

Ninetales “FireFox”

EV Spread: 6 HP / 252 SpAtt / 252 Spe

- Calm Mind

- Extrasensory

- Flamethrower

- Hidden Power Grass

Explanation: Ninetales doesn’t do too much in this subset of pokemon, aside from either establish the sun to protect from the powerful physical water attackers or spam Will-o-Wisp. Unfortunately, there is a GUTS user in this list which can swap into Ninetales without much worry with a bulky build. I would attempt to utilize Ninetales in the late game, abusing a forced switch and Calm Minding to hit just that much harder. Outside of Crobat, Manectric, and Chlorophyl boost, Ninetales ties for the fastest speed tier in this set. That to me could make for some excitement. Extrasensory to hit Tentacruel and Hariyama, two common switch ins, Flamethrower for the STAB, and HP Grass to scare away the Water-types and Swampert as well.

Things to avoid: Anything physical that can live an attack and strike back.

Weezing “StopHittingMe”

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef

- Flamethrower

- Hidden Power Grass

- Pain Split

- Will-o-Wisp

Explanation: The wall of walls that looks like a pair of floating balls. It’s going to sit in the way of Shiftry, Hariyama, Hitmonlee, Crobat, Swampert, and even Sharpedo. Will-o-Wisp to cripple those physical attackers and pain split for recovery. The decision to go with Flamethrower + HP Grass was simple coverage. None of the listed pokemon resist this set. Unfortunately Tentacruel can take both attacks and set-up a substitute to establish itself for a potential sweep with Swords Dance + Waterfall. Luckily Waterfall is Tentacruel’s only reliable physical attack and thus it can be slowed down by the addition of a bulky water type to my team.

Things to avoid: GUTS Hariyama and Sub/Swords Tentacruel

Tentacruel “DeadlyMirror”

Nature: Calm

Ability: Liquid Ooze

EV Spread: 252 HP / 120 Def / 4 SpAtt / 132 SpDef

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Hidden Power Ground

- Giga Drain

Explanation: My bulky water defender. Moves are simply designed for coverage as it switches in and takes a hit. My best pivot something that can also apply some pressure on my opponent. Handles Crobat, Tentacruel, Ninetales, and a few of those CB STAB Water attacks as well. This will be the hub of my defense so I tip my hat to the chap who is designed to stop his brothers from sweeping. HP Ground to catch those Tentacruels unawares. This also does a damn good job at stopping Hitmonlee which is going to fear using EQ with Weezing lurking around.

Things to avoid: Manectric STAB Tbolt, EQ, and generally any physical hit that I don’t resist.

Sandslash “TheBreakerOfPurpleBalls”

Ability: Sand Veil

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Spe

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Substitute

Explanation: My old UU set that sent Weezing wimpering. It has one roll and that’s to use Swords Dance and hit hard. I would likely lead with this baby hoping to see a Weezing switch-in, or Weezing itself. Weezing can break my Substitute with Flamethrower, but if it chooses to run its standard Sludge Bomb + Tbolt, it can’t really touch me. Substitute, Swords Dance, GG Weezing or whatever switches in. Unfortunately most everything else can bust me up pretty good, so I’m just hoping to corner a Weezing and avoid getting WoW’d on my switch in.

Things to avoid: WoW on switch ins and anything that can outright kill me. Which is a lot.

Hariyama “JapaneseSunrise”

Ability: GUTS

EV Spread: 252 Attack / 172 SpDef / 84 Spe

- Façade

- Cross Chop

- Thunderpunch

- Earthquake

Explanation: My status absorber and all-around weapon of mass destruction. It lays a beat-down on anything outside of Weezing, but even then can absolutely destroy with a GUTS-boosted Façade. Thunderpunch is present to hit Crobat, which resists my other attacks aside from Façade. Earthquake provides a powerful attack against any of the squishy special attackers available, including Ninetales.

Things to avoid: Accruing unnecessary damage and dying without making an impact (no recover).

Corsola “HelloThere”

Ability: Hustle

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Attack

Held Item: Silk Scarf

- Explosion

- Light Screen

- Reflect

- Mirror Coat

Explanation: Hidden Power grass from a Timid Ninetales does not kill Corsola with 252 HP, add on a light screen and you are sitting pretty for a chance at blowing up in its face. With decent defenses you essentially have a prime opportunity to use the element of surprise and break a hole in your opponent’s team. Honestly, when you see a Corsola come into the field you have no clue what it will do. You see it as a pathetic option and either proceed to hit it or you decide to set-up. Lay down a light screen or reflect (whichever is more beneficial against your opponent’s team), then Explode using that extra attack damage from hustle (please don’t miss).

[/spoiler]

Summary: This was an extremely difficult list to build from, mostly because it was jam packed with options to prevent stall tactics, GUTS users and Poison-types abound. There also wasn’t much in the way of direct sweeping, considering the only Endure abuser really was Hitmonlee (Spinda Flail OP), but this guy would be readily handled by both Hitmonlee Mach Punch and Weezing. On another note, nothing really has the opportunity to 1HKO Weezing, allowing it to bust through teams fairly well with Pain Split and its coverage attacks. A great mix of diversity. In the end I decided to play a Wall and Bash method. My pokemon are all designed to take hits reasonably well and dish it back. The only exception being Corsola, my little secret weapon, whose sole purpose is to remove a defensive option from my opponent and let me abuse that new hole.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: IGN DoubleJ

Always forget this. 

Edited by DoubleJ

This team was quite fun to build actually. Seems to cover most of the pokemon in the tier to an extent anyways. 

IGN: BurntZebra

[spoiler]Ninetales @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

I went with a bit more of an attacker ninetales instead of trying to set up sunny day and calm mind in attempts to sweep. Extrasensory hits tentacruel+thick fat hariyama. Flamethrower for the obligatory stab attack for hitmonlee/shiftry/manectric and hidden power grass to hit the many water types and lunatone in this round of pokemon. Will o wisp most likely won't be used much just because I'll try to attack but it can be helpful if hitmonlee comes in vs me. The speed is for adamant shiftry, which could be a problem depending on moveset, although it can only explode on ninetales to do any damage, would like to avoid that if possible. Max special attack and a modest nature lets me take a big chunk out of hariyama with extrasensory and makes hp grass very punishing to any water type that comes in vs it.

Shiftry @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Explosion
- Low Kick
- Double-Edge

An underrated pokemon in the current UU tier, shiftry. Although some probably avoided using shiftry because of weezing, I still think it usable. Double edge does a fair amount to weezing and explosion ohkos everything in the pokemon pool as well. Leaf blade is the obligatory stab to hit the water types in the tier and low kick is for those rare enemy shiftrys that try to get a switch in vs my leaf blade.

Spinda @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Encore
- Disable

I'm always a sucker for a nice utility pokemon. Even though spinda's base stats are quite... underwhelming, to say the least, it is still enough to be useful on a team. The speed evs lets it outspeed azumarill in case it tries to come in vs wish. Encore is useful for things like pain split weezing, bulk up hariyama, calm mind lunatone, and curse swampert. A combination of protect+encore+disable lets spinda cause many things to struggle out, or force them to switch out as well. The special defense is to take hits from manectric and tentacruel better.

DoctorPBC (Weezing) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

uwotm8 pbc? Rest and sleep talk weezing is legit yo. Rest and Sleep talk give me a relatively reliable recovery method and only one pokemon resists return, lunatone, and my team seems to pressure lunatone enough. Curse lets me keep up with bulk up hariyama and curse swampert, and prevents me from being sub swords dance sandslash bait. The special defense investment lets me survive 2-3 thunderbolts from manectric or 3 surfs from tentacruel.

Sharpedo @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Endure

Sharpedo gives my team another answer to lunatone, giving my weezing a bit more breathing room to set up a curse sweep. Surf is a great stab and hp electric hits water types besides swampert for super effective damage. Endure and destiny bond let me take down anything in the tier, which is always helpful.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Oh hariyama, a fallen comrade in the UU tier. With no ghost types to hinder a two attack set on hariyama, a rest sleep talk set seemed to be a viable option. Rest activates hariyama's guts which makes superpower and return hit quite hard. Max attack investment to hit as hard as possible and max special defense investment to give me another answer to manectric and ninetales. [/spoiler]