The PokeMMO Team-building Challenge (14th - 17th April)

n912fBe.png

Explanation:

Are you a fast thinker that can adapt to any situation? If so you are just the trainer we are looking for here at PokeMMO! This task will challenge your competitive knowledge and ability to build teams. Every day for 4 days I will post a mandatory Pokemon accompanied with a list of 15 others that I have randomly obtained from this website. Participants will have a set amount of time to build and post a team that includes that mandatory Pokemon and 5 others chosen from the list. Staff will judge the entries and announce the winner for that day when the next list is posted. This activity is purely for fun and not meant to be taken too seriously, we encourage you to be innovative with the teams that you create. Format will be 6v6 Level 50 Singles and I will say that when making your team, make it with the mindset that you are building it to duel someone who is also building a team from the same choices available. 

Suggested Entry Layout: You are allowed to have your own layout as long as the information is all there and it's legible.

[spoiler]

<Pokemon 1 name>

Nature

Ability

EV Spread:

Held Item:

- Move slot 1

- Move slot 2

- Move slot 3

- Move slot 4

<Pokemon 2 name>

Nature

Ability

EV Spread:

Held Item:

- Move slot 1

- Move slot 2

- Move slot 3

- Move slot 4

<Pokemon 3 name>

Nature

Ability

EV Spread:

Held Item:

- Move slot 1

- Move slot 2

- Move slot 3

- Move slot 4

<Pokemon 4 name>

Nature

Ability

EV Spread:

Held Item:

- Move slot 1

- Move slot 2

- Move slot 3

- Move slot 4

<Pokemon 5 name>

Nature

Ability

EV Spread:

Held Item:

- Move slot 1

- Move slot 2

- Move slot 3

- Move slot 4

<Pokemon 6 name>

Nature

Ability

EV Spread:

Held Item:

- Move slot 1

- Move slot 2

- Move slot 3

- Move slot 4

Explanation: Use this opportunity to write a little explanation about why you made the choices that you did. What Pokemon play what role on your team? Is there a certain strategy behind this team? What would you suggest as a lead? Remember, the more detail you choose to give the more the judges will understand your team build.

[/spoiler]

Event date: Tuesday 14th April - Friday 17th April (Daily)

Event time: The challenge for that day will be posted at 11am EDT entries will be accepted until 8pm EDT on the same day.

Prize

Dream_Lucky_Egg_Sprite.png 1 Lucky Egg per winner

Rules 

1. Only one entry per person per day.
  2. All entries must be posted in this thread and include your IGN.
  3. Pokemon may only have abilities, items and moves that are available to them in PokeMMO. In other words the team must be applicable to our current meta, this includes taking into account the physical and special split. 
  4. Please refrain from commenting on people's submitted teams until I have announced the winner for that day. You are more than welcome to comment on teams after this point.
  5. Each Pokemon is only allowed to have 4 listed moves, any Hidden Power type is available. 
  6. All Pokemon will be final evolution only and be a mixture of tiers.
  7. There will be 4 winners, one for each round/day, these winners will be announced when the list for the next day is posted.
  8. You are allowed to submit your entry as soon as the list for that day is posted at 11am EDT. Entries posted after 8pm EDT will not be accepted.

Host: Noad

Other judges: RacheLucario CaptainGrey Eggplant

xUM7VpO.png

[spoiler]

Mandatory Pokemon 

You must include this Pokemon in your team

323.gif

Team Choices

You will pick 5 of the following Pokemon to make up the rest of your team

UqsI6Q8.png

[/spoiler]

0BxJeGU.png

[spoiler]

Mandatory Pokemon 

213.gif

Team Choices

2L6hqBi.png

[/spoiler]

uAIX8wo.png

[spoiler]

Mandatory Pokemon 

038.gif

Team Choices

GGLpNie.png

[/spoiler]

FZUPZjb.png

[spoiler]

Mandatory Pokemon 

340.gif

Team Choices

aTqatYT.png

[/spoiler]

Question, what tier do we build these teams for? Or what format? It's important when choosing moves and EVs obv

edit: I would also suggest that you give the participants the space to give an explanation for each individual pokemon, why those moves were chosen and why thhose EVs etc, It makes it easier to read than a whole shitload of text at the end telling you what each pokemon does and the goal of the team etc.

Edited by ThinkNice

Question, what tier do we build these teams for? Or what format? It's important when choosing moves and EVs obv

edit: I would also suggest that you give the participants the space to give an explanation for each individual pokemon, why those moves were chosen and why thhose EVs etc, It makes it easier to read than a whole shitload of text at the end telling you what each pokemon does and the goal of the team etc.

Format will be 6v6 Singles and I will say that when making your team, make it with the mindset that you are building it to duel someone who is also building a team from the same choices available. 

Also, I really don't mind how you lay out your entry as long as all the key information is there. If you would like to do it like this then you are more than welcome, you wont lose marks or anything. I will change the format to "suggested format" to reflect this and will add the above information after I've finished the tournament tonight. 

Format will be 6v6 Singles and I will say that when making your team, make it with the mindset that you are building it to duel someone who is also building a team from the same choices available.

Ooh, I really like this wrinkle. Will allow for judges to objectively determine who has the best team, in a sense, because you'll know via explanations whether a team covers all relevant threats from the group or not